PDA

View Full Version : Missed Opportunities

samcs
08-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Being a long time CD, I have felt that I have missed many opportunities to explore my femme side usually due to fear. For example, a few years back, my GF and I worker at Denny's restaurant. Back then we had to wear uniforms (girls had a one piece dress and boys had black pants and white shirt) to work. The girls uniform was provided by Denny's. We were there during one halloween and I wanted to suggest that we go to work as each other. Since no one elso was getting dressed, I chickened out and have thought "if only" ever since.

There was a recent event where I was in a mall in drab trying on girls clothes in a store that has shared dressing rooms (like Old Navy). Anyway I was trying on skirts and tops when I heard a few girls in the next booth from me. There were three girls (1 trying on clothes) and the other two outside the door waiting. I wanted so bad to go out with my skirt on and ask the girls if it looked good on me. I of course chickened out. I made a mad dash for the door and realized that I just missed a golden opportunity to not only ask about how I looked, but possibly have them help me pick out clothes.

Does this sound familar with anyone? I would be interested to hear other stories as well.

MsJanessa
08-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Halloween---a T-Girl's favorite holiday

Cristi
08-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Halloween---a T-Girl's favorite holiday

Exactly, and very valuable. It breaks that barrier at the front door and gets us out of the house. Then, once we realized that we survived, we are halfway to the NEXT step of going out on a 'regular' day.

Halloween was my ONLY day out in public for almost a decade.

Samcs; I've had that same fantasy (of working in a food franchise and being a waitress for a day, in one of their dresses/uniforms) but never had a chance to make it happen. The closest I came was at on halloween party over 10 years ago where I borrowed the uniform of a girl who did work at such a place and went to the party as a waitress :) :) It was my very first time 'in public' enfemme (even though I never left the house where the party was). My strongest memory of the night was when I first realized just HOW revealing and short the dress really was (you have an entirely different perspective on that when it is YOU wearing it!) and spent the rest of the evening being hyper-careful about how I sat/stood/walked.

It sounds like you came pretty close to making it work. I think all of us probably have long lists of 'missed opportunities', I know that mine is long enough to drive me crazy sometimes!

Dixie
08-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I love Halloween, it was my first time"out":drink:

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-11-2007, 12:22 PM
The dennys chance could have been fun but the three girls would probably have not gone over too well. Teen girls are very much not into surprises as I have found and they may have said you were "harrassing" them or something even worse. Now if you were in full fem mode that would be differant but I would solicit a reply from a GG neare my own age and you might find a willing response. Just my 2 cents

Dita_B
08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
My strongest memory of the night was when I first realized just HOW revealing and short the dress really was (you have an entirely different perspective on that when it is YOU wearing it!) and spent the rest of the evening being hyper-careful about how I sat/stood/walked.

I know it is off topic, but I am soooo happy to find that you picked up on that and had the same experience...

Please read my thread:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64429

I could just not believe how erotic wearing those skimpy outfits made me feel! So, if it makes me feel that way, how would a GG experience wearing that, I wonder...

:love:Dita.

AmberTG
08-11-2007, 01:35 PM
When I was 16 I turned down an opportunity to CD that might be a bit graphic for this thread, but I've always wondered "what if"?
At the time, I was having a "relationship" with another young man, the only one I've ever experienced.

Rachel Morley
08-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi Samcs,

Tell me about it! I've had tons of occasions where thoughts and feelings have come into my head about doing something girly or going somewhere dressed really girly (but not trying to pass or be en fully en femme). I want to do it, I know I'm not hurting anyone, but sometimes I just can't seem to get enough confidence to get out there and do it. I have quite a lot of confidence when I'm en femme but sometimes being a girly guy can be a challenge for me in public. Most of the time I'm ok. It's just those occasions when I feel a bit vulnerable about wanting to be, being seen to be, different.

emma_enfemme
08-11-2007, 05:32 PM
My missed opportunity was at university. My girlfriend at the time was studying photography and I'd done a bit of modelling for her. She asked me if I would mind doing a shoot dressed as a woman. I hadn't told her (and never did) that I liked to dress, so I feigned a bit of shock before saying I wouldn't mind. Her reaction was that it was probably not a good idea seeing as I obviously didn't want to do it. I'll never forget that, as it would have meant being in the university buildings all done up and with a fantastic alibi.

rachelcd
08-12-2007, 02:57 AM
i have a couple of missed opportunities.
the first happened a few years ago. i was shopping in guy mode and looking at a dress in a shop when a gg came over to me and said "that dress would look stunning on you". but before i knew it i was walking away. i didnt know what to do or say to her, i dont know if i was embarrassed or maybe its because im just shy but since then i have wandered 'what if'.

the second was just earlier this year.
i went for a dress n drive in the city one night when i stopped at a red light and a car stopped next to me. there were two gg's and the driver looked over to me smiled and waved at me and i waved back, but when the lights changed i turned the corner instead of going straight ahead. since that day i have wandered if they would have asked me if i was a cd and would they have asked me to go back to their place for a 3sum (wishful thinking i know).

Sheri 4242
08-12-2007, 03:15 AM
I have missed many opportunities to explore my femme side usually due to fear.

You can't beat yourself up over "opportunities lost." The best you can do is learn from these!!!

Jenny Wilson
08-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Lost opportunities, huh?

1) Not dressing up in the clothes of my older female cousins, or letting them dress me up, when I was still in single digits of age.

2) Not wearing more of Mom's clothes, and especially her high heel collection during the time they would have fit.

3) Not letting my wife apply makeup to me one time early in our marriage when she suggested it. I have no idea why she would have suggested doing that because she is so phobic about crossdressers.

4) I crossdressed when I was about 10 or 11. Then I stopped. Why did I stop and lose all those years until I started up again when I was 29 or so?

Jenny