PDA

View Full Version : Burnout

cdkrista
08-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Has anyone had "burnout" from CDing? I think that I am at that stage. I just have not been feeling the happiness I felt when I usually dress.
I have felt this way before and have always purged, but now I know that just gets expensive.
Maybe I just need to go shopping more!

Krista

Toyah
08-11-2007, 06:45 PM
I get them all the time and burnout on forums too just find them dull

Jocelyn Quivers
08-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I've gone through occasional phases were I'm tired of dressing or lost the desire to dress. However the desire always comes back with a vengance and stronger than ever. Jocelyn

Paula G
08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
There are times when I also go through burnout. Best thing to do is to just pack the clothes away until the desire comes back.

Krystenw
08-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey,
Been there done that.
Paula has the right idea.
I have two large plastic garbage cans on wheels with Lids that fit tightly.
In the past when I felt that way I would put things in them and put them in the garage under a lot of stuff so I couldn't get at them easily.
I think I made it about 4 months one time.
I'm afraid that wouldn't work now. I only have a couple sets of drab cloths. I am me pretty much 24/7 now.

SandyR
08-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes! But then I find that cute skirt and shoes on sale at Dillards, and right back in the game!

Hang in there hun, and go with the flow.

SandyR

Faith_G
08-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Just put all your femme clothes away for a while. There will come a day when you HAVE to get into them again. Wait about 3 days beyond that point and then you will be ready to go again.

ArleneRaquel
08-11-2007, 09:35 PM
I am recovering from a recent " dressing burnout ". But, now that is all over and I am back 24/7. This one lasted over a month, my burnouts usually last from 7 - 10 day, and they occur about once a year. I guess it is just something that we all have to live with from time to time. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Having a Ball

JOEY88
08-11-2007, 09:39 PM
ive never compleetly burnt out but some times its just not the same im like kinda ashamed to be burnt out because i know i realy want to be a girl im afraid if i drest 24/7 i would get tired of it , i dont know if thats true but im scared because i dont want to think i do it just for a thrill

Karren H
08-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm at ground zero of a major burn out..... it just slipped away.... And not going to purge, just set it aside till it comes back someday....

SIGH

Karren

Kristen Kelly
08-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Karen Hutton burnt out Armageddon is on the way

teresa jeen
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
i get burn out every time i have too give it up for family reasons. but i know where ive got them hidden. like now (everyones asleep):heehee: not that i'd take avantage of a situation...

Bobbie cd
08-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd tend to agree with the rest, the urge will return. Don't stress about it, when you feel right, it will be back.

(And I have faith that Karren Hutton will not go gently into that good night! She'll be back, I'd guess sooner rather than later! :winking:)

susie evans
08-12-2007, 12:28 AM
i can relate to the burn out some times a girl just needs a break and some breaks last longer than others right now it's just a little pause in the action :hugs:

susie

sarah378619
08-12-2007, 12:40 AM
It happens when things are out of balance. Too much of anything is not a good thing. Try to wait between dressing times,buy what got you hooked in the first place. Keep trying new things new styles.Accept the girl within too, remember not everyone can feel what we can feel, it is a gift.Enjoy yourself and it will all come back in a vengence.
Huggs,
Sarah

Sheri 4242
08-12-2007, 03:21 AM
We all experience burnout on all kinds of things and activities. I can't say I have ever experienced burnout from CDing -- it has just been too much of who and what I am for the past fifty-plus years. But, I have experienced major burnouts on other things that I dearly love -- hobbies, activities, etc. When this happens, take a step back, breath, take break -- things usually return to normal!!!

valery
08-12-2007, 06:48 AM
i can relate to the burn out some times a girl just needs a break and some breaks last longer than others right now it's just a little pause in the action :hugs:

susie

Yes, I have the same experience. I was allready packing all my things into boxes and then starting unpacking by packing. A big 3-day packing-session!:heehee:

When I came to the point to accept myself as a CD I came close to the idea that now I always have to do it / to be this, after all those big conflicts, a new life was born I thought. In the beginning it was cool, because it was all I ever wanted, but then I started to customize and there were lots of days when I thought, no not today, I just wanna wear a T-Shirt. And then I thought, oh it was just a phase of life and now it's over, ha, ha it wasn't. Take a break like going on holiday, that's normal. Sometimes we just try to hard often even harder than GGs do. So our mind says pause it, stand bye, zero, no fun, later, error. I think that's it.

Tina Dixon
08-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Yes I have it right now, but my stuff is there when I do get the urge.

Karren H
08-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Karen Hutton burnt out Armageddon is on the way

I love that movie!!! I get to play Bruce Willis (since I'm into the guy mode and all)!! I love to blow stuff up!! :tongueout

Karren

Jillm
08-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Maybe because I only dress all the way (wig, makeup) once or twice a month I haven’t experienced a burn out. I have gotten bunt out on shaving my chest and legs, but my SO starts complaining about the hair and next thing you know all the hair is gone again.

TreKidation
08-12-2007, 07:44 AM
I think burnout is inherently the so-called definition of fetish

annas_back
08-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Through my many years of crossdressing, I've burned out many times and have to learn the hard way purging simply ust doesn't work! If you don't feel feminine, all the clothes and makeup, won't make you feminine. Although I love dressing, there is much more to my life than the clothes I wear.

Karren H
08-12-2007, 08:00 AM
I think burnout is inherently the so-called definition of fetish

I disagree.... I my case I didn't burn out from too much of a good thingy... The need to dress just slipped away slowely over a couple months.... and crossdressing isn't my fetish!!! playing ice hockey is!! hehe

Karren

Jamie14
08-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I get a chance to go out. That's awesome- almost euphoric. That high lasts a few days- and then the feeling goes away for a couple of weeks- then I see something in a sales ad or see a cute outfit on a girl at work and it's back! Feels great- kind of makes you feel alive like everyone else is sleepwalking through life and missing out on the good stuff!!! There's nothing like that little rush leaving the house with something on- even if it's just panythose on under your slacks!!

Wendy me
08-12-2007, 09:53 AM
oh yes been there ... with it lasting quite a while .... lol i remember at one time going so long i thought i was "cured" lol ...the longest it lasted was over a year ......shortest ??? a day........

don't rush it don't push it ......it is what it is...........

cdkrista
08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Girls, thanks for your support.

Karren H
08-12-2007, 11:23 AM
oh yes been there ... with it lasting quite a while .... lol i remember at one time going so long i thought i was "cured" lol ...the longest it lasted was over a year ......shortest ??? a day........

don't rush it don't push it ......it is what it is...........

My longest was 10 years.... ended up being my medical condition.... Once that was resolved my hobby came back with a vengence... Hope something else isn't wrong.... Ekkkk lol

Karren

nicole090456
08-12-2007, 11:37 AM
My routine is seasonal, once it gets to about October I get the urge big time, I dress for a few months when I can especially over the Christmas hols etc, then it dies down through early Spring, been like that for years now.

Nicole

Wendy me
08-12-2007, 11:39 AM
My longest was 10 years.... ended up being my medical condition.... Once that was resolved my hobby came back with a vengence... Hope something else isn't wrong.... Ekkkk lol

Karren

lol i know what your saying ..... us "OLDER GIRLS" that could very well be it lol.......

michellebesweet
08-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I only get burnout from wearing my man clothes, they really have no style to them, love a nice skirt and heels.

Merinda
08-12-2007, 04:35 PM
In early 2004 I had dressed myself so many times in 12 months that I could no longer get interested , I retained my wig along with 3 favorite outfits for the possible urge returning but purged the rest of my cloths.
I had always fantasised about going out in public dressed and I knew I had to do this at least once before retiring , I achieved this goal and I was on a high for a week afterwards. I had a new direction with dressing and visited parks , streets , shopping centres and social group meetings .

In summary "here I am today still going in 2007" three years later , the key to burnout is to try a new challenge.

Ruth
08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
I've never had anything I could describe as burnout. I don't get to dress very often so perhaps that's the thing. I'm always wanting more.

Gretchen
08-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Maybe summer or some seasonal changes contribute to some people's burnout. I am experiencing something like burnout at the moment too. Haven't dressed since last Wed. and quit about noon that day even though I had till about 4.00 PM to stay dressed. Since then, the desire has been at a very low ebb.
I actually feel like I want to take a break for a while, even though I have had about 5 hours of available time today. I am just going to go with that and not push it. One day at a time, as they say.
I do know that the desire will return, just don't know when.
Gretchen

susiej
08-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Chicas,

As it turns out, I haven't dressed in several months, and although I've had the opportunity, I just haven't quite gotten around to it. Last night, for instance, I had several hours to myself, and I decided to watch a movie (in drab) instead.

I wouldn't describe myself in burnout, but rather temporarily cooled toward dressing. That is, my current situation is not the result of a dressing binge, followed by a crash. Rather, I just don't need to dress right now. This has happened to me many times in my long life, but the urge to dress always seems to come back.

Often, I will get "triggered" back into dressing upon seeing (and envying) some particularly splendid GG out there somewhere. Maybe this will happen 15 minutes after I post this reply. Once it happens, I go "hot" again, and have to be en femme as much as possible, for as long as possible.

But meanwhile, my feminine self-image seems to be constantly intense. When my mind wanders, it wanders to girly things. My fantasies are rich and lusciously feminine.

Don't ask me to explain. I'm just too busy enjoying it to try to make any sense of it :).

Hugs,
Susie