PDA

View Full Version : "Little Man" Gets Carded

CaptLex
08-12-2007, 09:22 AM
I think I woke up in the Twilight Zone yesteray - but I'm not complaining. I went to a chain drugstore while I was downtown yesterday to pick up some stuff and also asked for a pack of cigs (I know, I know, it's bad for me). Anyway, I used a store coupon I had to get $5 off my total and when the salesclerk rang up my stuff he asked me for ID. Here's how the conversation went:

Clerk: I need to see some ID

Me: ID? Why, I've never been asked for ID for a store coupon before.

Clerk: No, not for that, for this (points to the pack of cigs)

Me: *hysterically laughing* What? Are you serious? How old do you think I am?

Clerk: *very seriously* I don't know . . .

Me: *pulling out my driver's license (covering my pic with my thumb 'cause it's still too girly) and putting it in front of his face* I'm 46, but thanks for making my day!

He didn't think it was funny, but I was still laughing as I walked out of the store. Unbelievable! I was never even carded when I WAS a minor! Haha . . . :heehee:

And here's part two of my Twilight Zone day:

I then went to the nursing home to see Mom and chatted with her for about an hour (I would have stayed longer 'cause I haven't seen her in too long, but she was in a weird mood and very argumentative about silly things). As I was saying goodbye to her, another resident that was sitting nearby asked her, "Is that your little man?" I couldn't believe my ears! I looked at Mom and she answered in a VERY annoyed voice, "No! That's my daughter!" I resisted the urge to laugh, patted the other woman on the back and ran out of there.

OMG, what a weird day. I was only wearing shorts, sandals, a black T-shirt, baseball cap and shades. Nothing different from what I normally wear. And I had even trimmed my chin hairs (though I won't shave it all off), which normally makes people call me "ma'am". My son says it's the baseball cap and shades 'cause apparently that's what most minors wear. I just think I must be dreaming - but I'm sure the high will wear off as soon as I get my next "ma'am". :p

Shelly Preston
08-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your Mom arguing

Other than that it sounds like a great day :D

Be careful of the other old lady she may be after you :heehee:

Holly
08-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Wow Lex, that would have made my day as well, except for the arguement with mom and buying cigarettes (I quit in the 70's). Too cool, dude:thumbsup:.

Sally24
08-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Wow, I would have pegged you for a early 30's slacker, not one of us older yuppies! Lookin good Captn!

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2007, 09:50 AM
There must be something about the states, cos ive NEVER been carded here in the UK for alcohol (i dont smoke).....and on my 27th birthday i was in the states eating in Red lobster in celebration, i asked for a beer and they asked me for ID, well i was really like :eek: & i too laughed my ass off lol....it really made my night i can tell you, the waitress thought i was 17!! 10 years younger lol...sorry you had your mom in a bad mood!

Tina Dixon
08-12-2007, 09:56 AM
It's all ways a good feeling to get carded and Captain? I must say you are looking good :thumbsup:

Wendy me
08-12-2007, 09:59 AM
hey Capt... wicked cool all the way around .... even the part abought having a arguement with mom.....means Mom is still sharp .... and a tad fisty.... and thats a good thingy......

Kate Simmons
08-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I know the feeling Lex. That happened to me about a year ago in a drug store as Rich. Must have been a boring day for the clerk as I don't look a day over 55 as a guy.:rolleyes:

CaptLex
08-12-2007, 10:56 AM
hey Capt... wicked cool all the way around .... even the part abought having a arguement with mom.....means Mom is still sharp .... and a tad fisty.... and thats a good thingy......
I was thinking the same thing, Wendy - when Mom argues it usually means she's feeling alright, so I didn't take it too hard. Just Mom being Mom - she must be feeling good.

Tina - thanks for the compliment, babe. Glad you're hanging around here more often. :love:

Haha, Shelly I hadn't thought of that - I'll have to watch out for her.

Holly - I quit in the 70's too, but it's back. Must be part of my bad boy persona. :p

Aw, thanks Sally. People usually think I'm a bit younger, but there's no way I look as young as that clerk thought - he must need glasses or something. Was pretty cool, though. :thumbsup:

You know, Kieron, it sounds like people in the UK must look younger than their counterparts on this side of the pond, so that's probably why you get carded here and not there. And if I'm looking younger, that must mean I've been hanging around with you Brits for a while now. :tongueout

I know the feeling Lex. That happened to me about a year ago in a drug store as Rich. Must have been a boring day for the clerk as I don't look a day over 55 as a guy.:rolleyes:
Haha, Sal, but you're young at heart - that must be what he saw. :hugs:

John
08-12-2007, 11:09 AM
neet, weldone

I have day's like that sometimes. I have no idear what I do to pass on those days... I only ever get IDed when I'm passing. I gues I look like an ikkle boy.

CaptLex
08-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I have day's like that sometimes. I have no idear what I do to pass on those days...
Don't you wish we could figure it out, so we could repeat whatever it was everyday?

Love your avatar, btw. :thumbsup:

Tina Dixon
08-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Tina - thanks for the compliment, babe. Glad you're hanging around here more often. :love:

With hunks like you around I think I'll stay around a bit more :<3:

Adam
08-12-2007, 12:20 PM
well cool welcome to my world i get ID asked for for everything fags, petrol yes petrol theres a hole story to this one, booze i actully have to carry my ID with me full time.

sounds like a good day to me :D

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2007, 12:44 PM
well cool welcome to my world i get ID asked for for everything fags, petrol yes petrol theres a hole story to this one, booze i actully have to carry my ID with me full time.

sounds like a good day to me :D
omg Petrol? wtf? you so have to tell us that one lol

bi_weird
08-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Haha Capt, that's excellent on both counts. Must be a fun time. I'm still at the stage where NOT getting carded is exciting, because it means I look older...
Duude John, love the avatar. In shared Eddie-ness, this really sexy guy asked me the other day if I wanted a cup of coffee. I was very tempted to answer "Yes, very much, but that's sorta awkward because there's someone else in the room."
Anyay don't wanna be a thread stealer. Yay for the Capt.

Adam
08-12-2007, 06:34 PM
omg Petrol? wtf? you so have to tell us that one lol

basicly i pulled into the garage filled my car up and went to pay the woman said to me did i just see you pull up in that car pointing to my mini i said yes and she said ohh your not old enough to drive i said i was and she said im not leaveing and she is going to call the police i thought wtf!!! Anyways she calls someone from the back and this other woman also says im not old enough to drive so i get my lisence out and show them both they was looking from the card in there hand to me and then went ok sorry then added i should be greatfull i look younger i mean erm no you almost called the police on me although i dident say that to them i was fed up by then and just payed and left.

but really if i dident have my lisence i would have been held there and police called that i tell you is not funny

ZenFrost
08-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Very funny Cap'n. I guess we transmen do look a lot younger than we are. :D

Charleen
08-12-2007, 08:04 PM
:D Good for you! Sounds like a great day all around.
I have the opposite problem, people want to give a senior citizen discount!:mad:

Tamara Croft
08-12-2007, 10:40 PM
LOL, that's too funny... reminded me of the one and only time I got carded too :tongueout and I was 28 :eek: I asked the bouncer (nightclub) if he was having a laugh, to which he looked at me with a straight face and said 'do I look like I'm kidding'... pulled out my drivers licence... he went bright red, but it made my night :heehee:

Laurie909
08-13-2007, 03:21 AM
"Is that your little man?"

The "man" part was ok, but "little"....sounds kind of derogatory to me.

CaptLex
08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
In shared Eddie-ness, this really sexy guy asked me the other day if I wanted a cup of coffee. I was very tempted to answer "Yes, very much, but that's sorta awkward because there's someone else in the room."
Anyay don't wanna be a thread stealer. Yay for the Capt.
Very cool, Bi - you know Eddie stories are always welcome. Mmmm . . . Eddie :daydreaming:

Wow, Adam, petrol? That story is crazy . . . :p

Aw, Lily . . . :koc:

Tamara, that's pretty funny - I can totally picture you saying that. :heehee:

The "man" part was ok, but "little"....sounds kind of derogatory to me.
Nah, Laurie, I didn't take it that way. I figure my mom has probably been bragging about her grandson (my son) to everyone there and the woman may have assumed that's who I was. So I guess that's a double compliment - she thought I was young enough to be her grandson. :D

uknowhoo
08-13-2007, 02:39 PM
that would make anyone's day! :c9:

great story (ies) Cap't ;)