PDA

View Full Version : Yeh! I finally came out to my Lady Friend!

SweetCaroline
08-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Yet another giant leap for Caroline!

First off, I wouldn't really call her a Girlfriend or and SO just yet, we haven't really met-up enough for that. More like a potential girlfriend (I've been calling her my "lady friend"). Just someone I met through Match.com, who's single like me, around the same age, and potentially interested, tho more than anything we're at the very least friends.

We'll when I started going out en femme several weeks ago, I decided it was about time to tell her, just so she knows that I won't be around on certain nights. I took it slowly, little by little. At first I told her I was simply going out with some friends, then I elaborated a little and told her that my "friends" were sortve a club, mainly for men, who just liked to get together and have a good time.

Well a few days ago I told her just exactly what it was me and my friends did. I did it through IM, which I regret, since I vowed if I ever outed myself to anyone I'd do it face to face, but she took the news pretty well. She didn't seem excited or overjoyed or anything, but she did thank me for telling her, and make a joke about sharing make-up. I was actually probably more upset than her, since I showed her a picture of myself dressed (the same one in my avatar) and she said that I looked way too masculine to ever really be mistaken for a woman. :(

Well at least she still thinks of me as a man. We met for the first time since I told her this morning for breakfast, and our meeting was no different than any of our other meetings. We barely even touched on the subject of me CDing. I did briefly mention my frequent trips out of town, and she did ask me where abouts me and my friends met, tho I didn't go into too much detail.

Well, at least we're still friends, and I know she doesn't treat me any differently now that she knows. I think whatever happens now, it's going to be a good relationship.

I just thought you all might like to know.

Carrie:hugs:

trannie T
08-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Good for you girl! I believe that honesty is the key to any relationship. Read the posts of those who finally were discovered after 20 years of marriage and how upset their wives are.

FrancineCD
08-12-2007, 03:11 PM
if the relationship does take more serious step at least u will not have the hide that part of u from her.

francine

SweetCaroline
08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Good for you girl! I believe that honesty is the key to any relationship. Read the posts of those who finally were discovered after 20 years of marriage and how upset their wives are.

Thanks. A lot of the reason I came out to her was because, I keep hearing over and over how much better it is to come out early and be honest. Seriously, this is really the most personal thing I have to share with ANYONE so knowing that she knows already, is a good thing, and shows her that I trust her.:happy:

KatieZ
08-12-2007, 04:05 PM
I was actually probably more upset than her, since I showed her a picture of myself dressed (the same one in my avatar) and she said that I looked way too masculine to ever really be mistaken for a woman. :(
Carrie:hugs:

Maybe you should ask her for some help in that department. :winking:

SweetCaroline
08-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Maybe you should ask her for some help in that department. :winking:

Nah. I was just kinding. I'm really not that interested in "passing", I just like going out and being a girl. :D

Veronica 1
08-12-2007, 05:48 PM
In my experience, honesty is the most important part of any relationship. Once you are honest with each other, then you can start to compromise. It is sort of like the Man's Prayer off the Red Green Show, (a comedy series here in Canada),
I am a man,
but I can change,
if I have to.
I guess.