PDA

View Full Version : Struggling newbie

DanielMacBride
08-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Hi everyone,
I know I am a newbie here but I am having a few issues at the moment with my gender expression....I don't feel much like talking today but have been blogging on MySpace, if anyone wants to go check it out and give me some feedback/opinions/advice/whatever, it would be very much appreciated.

The URL: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=184372130

TIA, my new bro's,
Daniel

crazy4cheezeits
08-12-2007, 11:39 PM
I completely relate. I too am struggling with the hair dilemna. I have a haircut appointment next week and I can't decide whether or not to get a short guy cut. I REALLY want to but I know my family will make me feel really guilty about it, and I don't know if it's worth the fight right now. It is your life though and you shouldn't let people ruin that. Good luck in finding yourself!

DanielMacBride
08-12-2007, 11:43 PM
No offence crazy but it has *nothing* to do with my hair...I am totally happy with the haircut, it's just that actually *doing* something that drastic (yeah I know its only hair but if you read my blog you will see what I am talking about as to why its so drastic for me) has stirred up some serious questions for me and it is just really hard to deal with.

Thanks for the comment though.
Daniel

crazy4cheezeits
08-13-2007, 12:51 AM
No offence crazy but it has *nothing* to do with my hair...I am totally happy with the haircut, it's just that actually *doing* something that drastic (yeah I know its only hair but if you read my blog you will see what I am talking about as to why its so drastic for me) has stirred up some serious questions for me and it is just really hard to deal with.

Thanks for the comment though.
Daniel

I didn't mean that it had to do with the hair. I was relating to the family issues. I did read it.

ZenFrost
08-13-2007, 02:24 AM
Gender is tricky, it can be hard to know exactly where you stand (and what labels fit you). Most of us on this site have been in a position similar to yours, where we feel like we're somewhere in the middle of the trans/gender spectrum and we don't know which side we fit on. But the thing is, it's okay to be in the middle (and don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise) and you don't have to know what label you should have or whether you're transgendered or not. The road to self discovery is a long one, especially in this regard because we get mixed information in so many ways. Some things that some of us have found helpful to get a better idea of our gender position:

1. This site. ;) Seriously, I've been on this site for about eight months and during that time the people here have really helped me to get a much better idea of what I am and where I stand. I feel comfortable where I am and where I'm going as far as my gender is concerned, and I owe that to this site.

2. Real life tests. Lots of us do experiments where we try to spend a week as a girl and/or as a guy to see how we feel about it. A week of strictly wearing female clothes and acting like a female or visa versa can help to clarify if we feel really uncomfortable as one or both of them.

3. Gender therapy. Talking to a therapist can help sort out issues, but if you want to sort out gender-specific issues you're best seeing a gender therapist. If you don't know where to find one you can be referred to one by a GP.

4. Support groups. Being able to talk with people who can relate on some level is a great experience. You mentioned you have a friend who recently came out as transgendered, can you talk to this person about your own gender issues?

I hope you found something helpful in all of that. :happy: Also, if you just need to talk or vent or rant, we're here to listen.

DanielMacBride
08-13-2007, 04:27 AM
I didn't mean that it had to do with the hair. I was relating to the family issues. I did read it.

Sorry....tired and stressed and not thinking too straight right now :(

Daniel

Devon James
08-13-2007, 07:45 AM
My dear Daniel, that's quite a "story" I'm reading on your myspace...
I've got to let it sink 'til I can say something usefull but it sure as hell sucks how you are (and have been treated) by your parents and others.

You can always pm me if you want, or after enough posts get things of your chest in the boy's clubhouse. Everybody is here for eachother:hugs:

bi_weird
08-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Promise to pop back in later when I have time to read it all. I read the first entry and *hugs*. Sounds like things have been fun for you... (YES sarcasm).

Dasein9
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Welcome. Yaaaaayyyy, another guy around my age to play with! :D

I'm 38.

Adam
08-13-2007, 10:47 AM
hi Daniel wish i new what to say for the best sounds like you have alot of things to work thu but just wanted to say hi and also added you on myspace hope thats ok

Felix
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi Daniel and welcome Hun :hugs::hugs: Like Zen said this is a good place to be and as soon as ya get 10 posts join the club house cos its private and a place ya can really talk to us guys! I have been here since April 2006 and it has helped me sort things out tremendously. The people here are good and are always around when ya need support. I will read ya blog Hun and then I will be more able to comment but make ya self comfortable here cos we are a family and ya part xx Felix :hugs:

DanielMacBride
08-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Hey everyone,
Thanks so much for all the love and support you are already showing me even as the new guy...you guys have NO idea how much it means to me and how much it helps :love: well thats probably not entirely true lol, you probably do know.....but thanks, I really appreciate it - it's so damn good to know I'm not the only one and I'm not a freak, ya know? :p

Thanks again guys, you all rock :D

Daniel

Taylor105
08-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Sent you a myspace friend request! Nice to meet you. :)