PDA

View Full Version : I reunited (with my birth mom)

gretchenD
08-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I reunited with my birth mom today and it went great.We just ran towards each other and tears came out.I found out her name is Sheila and she gave me up for adoption when I was 5 monthes old because she felt that she could not take care of me anymore.She was 15 years old when she gave birth to me.We did go out for lunch and I told her about me,I did recieve a surprise from her.I did tell her that I am a crossdresser and I go by Gretchen when I am dressed.My birth mom told me that she still loves me and wants to meet my en femme side,she is going to do this Wendsday night.I did ask about my bilogical father and she told me that he is dead.He died 5 years later after I was born of a drug overdose and he did not care about me at all.My bilogical father thought drugs were more important than me.He basically left her after my birth mom found out she was pregnant with me.I do have a 23 year old half sister Kelsey and my birth mom told me this.She does want to meet me too and I have spoken to her on the phone.My birth mom and I will be keeping in touch a lot more and I am very happy to reunite with my birth mom finally.I started in January and my dream finally came true,meet my birth mom.

Missy
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
it is times like this that one sould keep a hold of in your heart it is good to hear that the meeting went well

Missy

Kerrie Sifton
08-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Gretchen, this is a great story. To be able to meet with your mom after all these years and have her be so warm and accepting. You are fortunate. Good luck with the reestablishment of ties to your family

gretchenD
08-13-2007, 05:56 PM
I will meet my half sister Kelsey tommorrow and my adoptive mom gave a hug telling me congradulations.My birth mom already told her that I am a crossdresser and I go by Gretchen when I am dressed as my femme side.My half sister and birthmom will meet my femme side Wendsday night.I am glad my search is over and I knw my birth mom will be in my life now.

Kerry Owens
08-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Gretchen, sit down, and realize how totally fortunate you are! I wanted so much to meet my b-mom...but she died months before we found her, and the most painful thing was...that she wanted to see me also. Her heart just gave out before we could find each other.
Congratulations, and hugs to all around, this is wonderful!

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-13-2007, 06:37 PM
congrats, and sounds like you have a really birth mom and sister, wish you best of luck.

Shelly Preston
08-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I am so glad you got reunited with your birth mom :hugs:

I just hope it all goes well on wednesday when you meet them both :hugs:

gretchenD
08-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I did sit down and I feel lucky that I now have my birth mom in my life.My fully suportive girlfriend Nikki has told me congradulations and has seen a big change in me,I am very happy.My sister Kelsey is a very nice person and I am looking forward meeting her tommorrow.I do understand now why my birth mom gave me up for adoption.My birth mom has not forgotten me all these years all she had was baby pictures of me.If I ever get married to my girlfriend Nikki of 5 monthes someday,my birth mom and sister Kelsey are going to be invited to the wedding.My birth mom will not miss my 29th birthday next year and she has told me this

teresa jeen
08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
fantastic for you and them!!! its always great to meet family anywhere, anytime, it had to be hard for her to let you go. you are a loving person who examines yourself before letting go. to be en-femme and do the meeting at the same time is totally awesome!!this way you'll get to know them and they you as you really are ,.your one lucky girl

Holly
08-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Gretchen, I'm very happy for you, your birth mom, and your half sister. Have fun Wednesday.

SarahLynn
08-13-2007, 10:22 PM
How has your adaptive mother taken this meeting? Was she supportive of your quest? I'm just wondering because of how so many take offense at both the search and the reunion. Many feel that they raised the child to adulthood and gave him or her the love and attention the birth mother did not and they sometimes feel they are being abanded for someone else.

Congradulations on your search and discovery. And on the greatness of the reunion.

SarahLynn

rebeca_abigail30
08-13-2007, 11:06 PM
You are lucky! You not only have 1 Mom, you have 2 moms who can love you and give you hugs whenever you need them!!!

uknowhoo
08-13-2007, 11:54 PM
What an uplifting, heartwarming thread. Thanx for posting Gretchen, and congratulations on your success! I'm so happy for all of you that it's worked out so nicely. :hugs: Tammi

gretchenD
08-14-2007, 07:43 AM
My adoptive mom was very supportive of me doing this and helped me out.My adoptive mom wants to see me happy and that is what I am now.I do meet my half sister Kelsey at lunch and get to know her.