PDA

View Full Version : Backache when wearing a bra

Barbara Joanne74
08-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey girls, I have noticed that when I wear a bra for more than a couple of hours I start to get a backache in the middle of my back. I use to think it was because of the heels I was wearing, but today I had on slip on tennis shoes and still had the same ache. Is this why GG don't like wearing them? Is this one of the curses I have to accept as I want to dress like a woman?

Barbara J

AllieSF
08-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Maybe you need to adjust the straps and maybe even try a different sized bra. That may resolve you back problem. Good luck

Stephenie S
08-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey girls, I have noticed that when I wear a bra for more than a couple of hours I start to get a backache in the middle of my back. I use to think it was because of the heels I was wearing, but today I had on slip on tennis shoes and still had the same ache. Is this why GG don't like wearing them? Is this one of the curses I have to accept as I want to dress like a woman?

Barbara J

Try a professional bra fitting. A properly sized bra is not uncomfortable at all. You should be able to almost forget you have it on.

A bra is designed to LIFT and shape the breast, which on a GG weighs something. Often, with no tissue to lift and no weight to hold it down, bras can be really uncomfortable. A good breast prosthesis can sometimes make the difference between a comfortable bra and one that you can't wear for more than a couple of hours.

Stephie

rebeca_abigail30
08-13-2007, 10:52 PM
My DW and MIL went to a "bra fitting" a few months ago. I think one of the department stores (i.e. JCPenny, or Dillards) at the mall put it on. I don't know who actually did the measuring, etc., but DW finally came home with bras that I like, non-sports bras. Before all she had was sports.

Maybe you can call around to the different stores, and ask them about one.

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-13-2007, 10:59 PM
If it fits well, you shouldn't have that problem.

Cindi

Barbara Joanne74
08-13-2007, 11:04 PM
If it fits well, you shouldn't have that problem.

Cindi

That is what I thought. I did have a friend help me measure the band and that is what I have been wearing....Wearing the falsies doesn't seem to change the feeling either.

What do they do at a professional bra fitting that is differnt than having a friend help me at home.

Barbara

rebeca_abigail30
08-13-2007, 11:23 PM
That is what I thought. I did have a friend help me measure the band and that is what I have been wearing....Wearing the falsies doesn't seem to change the feeling either.

What do they do at a professional bra fitting that is differnt than having a friend help me at home.

Barbara

I have no idea. My DW wouldn't let me go.

AmberTG
08-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Barbara, did you measure your chest under the boob muscles and then add 5 inches to that measurement? I measure 31 inches, used to be 32 inches, and I wear a 38-B bra. (I haven't found any 38-A bras) The cup size isn't important if you don't have natural breasts, except how big you want them when you fill them. I could wear my ex-wife's 38-D bras OK but the underwires would dig into my armpits, she has BIG breasts.
If you get an odd number when you add 5 inches, go to the next higher even number for your size.

Rachel Morley
08-14-2007, 12:17 AM
I've never has this problem myself but perhaps your bra band is too tight (?) :strugglin:

Barbara Joanne74
08-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Is there any Northwest girls that have got a fitting in the Portland area? I guess Iam a little chicken about getting it done without knowing that others have before me....

:o
Barbara

sissystephanie
08-14-2007, 07:45 AM

Barbara

If you go to a Victoria's Secret store they will measure you properly! Adding 4
or 5 inches is, according to the professional who measured me, NOT the proper way to measure a man, unless you intend to wear large forms!

She measured me above my breasts, under the arms, with the tape snug. that gives the band size. Then she measured directly over the nipples. The difference is the cup size. I am a natural 40 B!:love:

Most days I wear a bra all day, and have never had a backache. In fact, other than my nice bosom, i hardly notice the bra. BTW, I am 75 y/o and have been wearing bras for many years.

Your backache is much more likely to come from wearing heels then from wearing a bra. The fact that you weren't wearing heels at the exact time doesn't matter, heels can throw your back our of line and the hurt may come later!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

LindaTS
08-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Hmmmmm? I wear a bra all day, every day and have never had any problems like that. Can't think of any reason for a bra to cause back pain.

sarah378619
08-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Barb,
Try different brands and styles. Sizing is important too,if a bra is too tight or loose it will bother you. I am 1 34-36 b depending on the brand.I like hanes her way or secret treasures. i have worn it all day and bearly know I have it on.It actually helps my back, certain underwire styles and brands cut into my chest. Just see what you like.
Sarah

Barbara Joanne74
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
thank you all for your input
Barbara