PDA

View Full Version : Choosing an Avatar Photo

Kristen Marie
08-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I just came back from an eight day trip and had a chance to take, literally, well over a hundred photos. Clearly not as many as Karren does in a day, but for me and my new camera, a ton. Played with different looks and poses.

I've been struggling with an avatar selection. While I'm very happy with the one I just put up, I was wondering what goes through your mind in your selection process. Cutest outfit, best pose, a sultry look, your eyes, or maybe just the image you want others to see you as.

Mine this time is a reflection of me in the mirror while at the Polynesian Resort in Disney. It caught me in probably one of the most stress free nights I had in a long time.

Billijo49504
08-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Looks very good to me. JMHO. But I'm opinionated..BJ

Dita_B
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi Kristen Marie...

You look great! Very feminine and very much passable... I bet you had no problems passing.

Why don't you just select a cute picture and change it every now and than. I do that all the time, so you can show off some different faces and outfits...

:love:Dita.

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Wonderful picture. Don't change a thing.

Cindi

Mitzi
08-14-2007, 01:02 AM
I like your Profile pic...the one where you're smiling, resting your chin on your hands.

Until relatively recently I never smiled in femme pictures because of a crooked front tooth. (But always smiled in guy mode). I used to pick the best body pose among the acceptable facial shots.

I tried some smiling shots, and was surprised how well many of them came out. Maybe it's the new camera:happy:, it makes it harder to decide which ones to post.

Mitzi

Sheri 4242
08-14-2007, 01:26 AM
I've been struggling with an avatar selection. While I'm very happy with the one I just put up, I was wondering what goes through your mind in your selection process. Cutest outfit, best pose, a sultry look, your eyes, or maybe just the image you want others to see you as.

Mine this time is a reflection of me in the mirror while at the Polynesian Resort in Disney. It caught me in probably one of the most stress free nights I had in a long time.

I like your avatar photo taken at the resort!!! You look relaxed, which adds "a naturalness" to the photo -- and by taking it from the mirror reflection, I'd say you correctly softened the photo which is very important for this type of photography (they may not be portraits, but they serve a similar purpose).

Okay -- how about a return critique. The photo I am currently using doesn't show very fem clothing -- and I know my hair is a bit mussed -- but it was taken on one of THE happiest days of my life!!! My wife and I had just done our vow renewal in Vegas where I got to be the bride. (That is why my hair is a bit mussed -- I had just taken off the viel.) I had taken off my wedding gown and put on a cooler top (it was HOT in Vegas), and my wife and I were trying to relax -- get cooled off from the wilted feeling. Anyway, my wife snapped the photo -- said I looked very happy and relaxed (despite not being able to see my cute outfit). She thought I should post it until What do you think of it?

MsJanessa
08-14-2007, 06:26 AM
I just came back from an eight day trip and had a chance to take, literally, well over a hundred photos. Clearly not as many as Karren does in a day, but for me and my new camera, a ton. Played with different looks and poses.

Great photo darling---as to what goes through My mind when I pick an avatar photo---all of the above plus another kind of look I strive for---- lofty, commanding, impossibly bitchy, plus sexy and sultry at the same time---lol:dom:

Darlene-VA
08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
I have several to chose from and will just change them when I feel the need for something different

Alice B
08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I think you choose the one that you like the most. It is your picture, so you should like it. The hell with the rest of us because it is not our place to decide.:love:

SatinDoll00
08-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Isn't Walt Disney World just devine??

So relaxing!!

It is like going to a place that doesn't exist!

Your avatar is perfect! I wouldn't change it.

Heck...I am head to WDW in about 2 weeks...I may find a way to sneak out, dress, and snap a photo there myself!!! :heehee:

Morgan <----closeted Disney fan!

cindybarnes
08-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Kristin, your avitar looks great !
It is nice to be able to get so many new shots isnt it ! Trying looks and outfits can be a great way to see what works and what doesnt.
My avitar goes with different moods, I just recently changed mine from younger skinny Cindy to a more recent older fatter Cindy,, sort of like Elvis did LOL
Keep taking those pics !!

Cindy

SatinDoll00
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
, I just recently changed mine from younger skinny Cindy to a more recent older fatter Cindy,, sort of like Elvis did LOL

Cindy

HAHAHAH!!!

That's too funny!

Morgan

Rosaliy Lynne
08-28-2007, 05:00 PM

Looks good and well done. As to how I chose mine. Well I needed an avatar photo for something else and I simply chose one of my best looks out of the literally hundreds I have and there ya go. Actually I have a few that I have reduced to avatar size so I can change looks as / when needed.

I think you choose the one that you like the most. It is your picture, so you should like it. The hell with the rest of us because it is not our place to decide.:love:

You look lovely alice. Someone I would not object to being seen with. My humble opinion of course.

Kristin, your avitar looks great !
It is nice to be able to get so many new shots isnt it ! Trying looks and outfits can be a great way to see what works and what doesnt.
My avitar goes with different moods, I just recently changed mine from younger skinny Cindy to a more recent older fatter Cindy,, sort of like Elvis did LOL

Cindy
I like this one of you Cindy. I love the full, long red hair and that so lovely smile. ps: you don't look at all like elvis. :tongueout:devil::heehee: