PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's just me

bi_weird
08-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm trying to share my voice now as one of those lost in the middle because I know how wonderful it is to have someone say what you're feeling.
Does anyone else have days like today? Right now I can't even continue reading Dan's myspace, can't face catching up on threads. It's just too much. I feel itchy in my own skin. I'm wearing guys clothes today, but I don't know if that's even enough. Some days, some moments, like right now, I can't even comprehend my gender issues and my distaste with my own body, so I'll run soon. It's amazing how I'll go through stretches where I'm completely fine, and then it'll hit me really hard suddenly and I can't stand it. But yes, I want to get away from here and around people (and maybe alcohol) so that I'll stop thinking so hard.

CaptLex
08-13-2007, 10:11 PM
It's amazing how I'll go through stretches where I'm completely fine, and then it'll hit me really hard suddenly and I can't stand it.
Nope, it's not just you, Bi. I can totally relate to this - and I know I'm not alone. Save me a spot at the bar, 'kay? :hugs:

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I know what you are going through. I went through the same emotional roller coaster when I was younger. You are not alone,
I think that most of us have gotten through this, and so will you.
Go with your feelings.
Just my thoughts.

Cindi

ZenFrost
08-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Nope, it's not just you, Bi. I can totally relate to this - and I know I'm not alone. Save me a spot at the bar, 'kay? :hugs:

Exactly. :)

Dasein9
08-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm trying to share my voice now as one of those lost in the middle because I know how wonderful it is to have someone say what you're feeling.
Does anyone else have days like today? Right now I can't even continue reading Dan's myspace, can't face catching up on threads. It's just too much. I feel itchy in my own skin. I'm wearing guys clothes today, but I don't know if that's even enough. Some days, some moments, like right now, I can't even comprehend my gender issues and my distaste with my own body, so I'll run soon. It's amazing how I'll go through stretches where I'm completely fine, and then it'll hit me really hard suddenly and I can't stand it. But yes, I want to get away from here and around people (and maybe alcohol) so that I'll stop thinking so hard.

Happens to me from time to time too. I haven't been out in too long. For fun, that is. Went to the beach yesterday. Was reminded why I don't go to the beach.

Adam
08-14-2007, 07:40 AM
i get this alot to some days i can be almost fine and then im not im so depressed and down i cant snap myself out of it untill its passed.

i feel for you :hugs:

DanielMacBride
08-14-2007, 08:09 AM
*nods*

I'm going to go have a good long chat with my buddy Jimmy B...anyone wanna join me? Yeah I know, not the best solution, but at least I'm a happy drunk :drink:

All I can say is, I'm glad I found this forum.

Daniel

Kate Simmons
08-14-2007, 08:34 AM
I can understand your feelings Bi. I can only say just be yourself and enjoy it. I just go with the flow and feeling myself and lately I've been feeling like Walker--Texas Ranger. No one here would recognize me for sure as I'm even letting my beard grow. I'm fine with it though and realize I'm always myself no matter what. Hang in there my friend, you are appreciated.:happy:

Felix
08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi hun I can relate to these feelings. I will share some stuff thats happened lately if it's ok and hope ya don't mind too much.
Summers coming OMG! Holiday with the family, what am I to wear on the beach?! Can't afford what I want, to be who I wanna be. So in my head I had to compromise and I found a way to feel like Felix. Long swim shorts, very nice and a tankini top under a mans vest. Under here I am Felix and nobody can take away who I know my inner self is. It helped me cope during the day while swimming and playing sport with the children. Then on the night I dressed fully as Felix and was proud as I passed and was called mate even once Sir whoopee that made me feel great!
So I realized that I have to compromise when I need and to find a way to self express my inner personality. My partner thought because I did this compromise that I may go back tp my female side but I said no that's not gonna happen this was all about compromise!!
Hope this has made sense Hun xx Felix :hugs:

bi_weird
08-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Mmm yay for alcohol. I went over to a friends place and shared a drink and felt a LOT better. I think I'll try to remember that - a drink helps me calm down a lot when I have days like that.

Robin Leigh
08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
When I read threads like this over here, it reminds me of when I was younger, and wanting to be accepted as one of the boys. Eventually, I just gave up. :)

Mostly, I'm comfortable feeling fairly gender-neutral. I dress en homme most of the time, and en femme occasionally to restore the balance. But sometimes I do get "pangs" of gender dysphoria. Mostly I wish I could be more female, but I also have moments of wishing to be more male. It's really tough when I get hit with both on the same day, like yesterday.

:hugs:

Robin

GACountrygal
08-15-2007, 09:27 PM
I feel for ya, Bi, thats gotta be tough!

Somedays are hard for me too...I wanna be farther M or F instead of bein so androgynous but in the end, I'm just me.

Glad ya enjoyed your drink and are feelin more relaxed now!!!
:hugs:
Nic