PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressers and the Spiritual factor

Francesp56
08-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Some weeks ago onthis Forum there were 6 or 7 Posts on the same day all
asking for Prayers on behalf of their Family member or friends.
Can we assume that a significent number of C/Dressers have a Spiritual belief,and is that number in the same proportion as are C/Dressers to the total Community, i.e. if we accept the popular held belief that we are approx.10 per cent of the population ?
Secondly,be it main stream Christain Churches,or small independant gathering, how many go enfemme to a Religious Service or Prayer Meeting ?

Francesp56,
Melbourne,
Australia.

Butterfly Bill
08-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Grace Episcopal Church, Muskogee, Oklahoma, every Sunday when I'm not out of town. I wear vestments when I am singing in the choir, but I take them off after service and and my dress or skirted suit is uncovered during the coffee hour.

Before this I went to the Unity Church of Lawrence, Kansas.

Pippilotta
08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
It is reasonable to assume that crossdressers are as spiritual/religious as the population as a whole. One even might assume that there perhaps is a little more spirituality, of whatever kind, due to the tension between inward and outward that many crossdressers experience (but that's speculation). As for attending services en femme: this will depend entirely on local and personal circumstances.

switcheralso
08-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Well... We are all sinners and broken people there are many stories in the bible that deal with dysfunctional issues. As far as I know I am currently in hell (a thought). I believe in the after life and I will be with God. I am not the best representative of a Christian. He does provide an enduring message of hope to the lost and broken people of the world. The hurting marginalized and crushed.

It's your choice to have faith or have no faith no one should be judged on earth for their faith.

BarbaraTalbot
08-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Spiritual, religious, and superstitious at times. All at once or independantly.

I feel spiritual when I feel close to my maker. This can be in a church service or a beautiful outdoor setting, or holding a child or changing a tire at the side of the road. Usually it is when I have feelings of gratitude.

I feel religious when I observe in reverence the rituals, customs, traditions and services of the faith I was raised in and am raising my children in. I can, at times, depending on my distance from my values, feel hypocritical at those time. Interestingly the one time I under-dressed for church, was not a time I felt hypocritical, which meant a lot to me. Even if a lot of people were aware and accepting, I wouldn't "dress" for church. Wearing a dress shirt and tie just puts me in the right frame of mind for that.

I can be superstitious in or out of church, whenever I make choices not based on my desires or even will to be obedient, but rather when I fear the consequences of displeasing my God. Theologically, I do not believe He reins down punishment, although His teachings tend to warn of the natural consequences of ignoring his counsel. Practically speaking I have Angry Dad issues. I am superstitious a lot. I am working on it.

Great thread, and no doubt about to be moved, so I shall then apply for membership to the long avoided religious issues forum.

Kate Simmons
08-14-2007, 11:52 AM
The whole thing has become about being balanced spiritually for me.:happy:

Karren H
08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok you caught me..... I'm a godless heathen.... I figured its safer that way with no devine being wanting to strike me down for all my sins..

Wait.. .. I guess since I'm "unsupervised" so to speak then I don't have any sins!! Cool!!!! Should have thought of this years ago.. Lol

Karren

Mitch23
08-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I love my God, and he loves me - and he's not too fussed about my crossdressing!

It's taken me the best part of 20 years to know that.

And no, I've not been to church en femme YET

love

Mitch

PaulaJaneThomas
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't believe in faeries and all that supernatural nonsense.

Ruth
08-14-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm a practising Christian and attend church every week. I go in drab because the congregation is not ready for me en femme just yet, though the Lord is perfectly comfortable with me either way.
There are some narrow-minded Christians around who regard crossdressing as a terrible sin that will land you in hell, but that just reflects their fear and ignorance.

chucks
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
believing beliefs is hell

Veronica 1
08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I can only believe in a higher power, being pagan. I tend to follow a mix of Druidism and Wicca. I have no fears of going to Hell as I am already there.

JOEY88
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
I LOVE MY GOD, if i found he wasnt even real i would still follow the teachings because its the best thing ive ever found, i dont dress to church i think about it tho

Sara316
08-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Most people have spiritual beliefs of some kind, and it makes no difference if you wear a skirt. I've never gone en femme to any religious service. That's because I don't go to religious services. For me, the problem is not spirituality; it's religion. The two are not the same, and I don't see religion as an answer to anything. Spirituality, though, is hardly an abnormal thing. Whether you embrace God and Jesus or the great Earth goddess, spirituality can be fulfilling.

jen
08-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I believe in God. But to me, spirituality is God given, Religion is man made. Besides, the point is that when a person asks for prayers or you tell someone you'll pray for them. isn't it just a kind gesture to show kindness & concern for a friend so they know there not alone, like giving a hug to someone?

Tamera
08-15-2007, 10:37 AM
We are people to. Some beleive in GOD some don't. Who or what we are, does not guide us to/away from religion.
Hugs,
Tamera

Emily Ann Brown
08-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Jen,

When I say I am gonna pray for someone I PRAY for them. A woman of my word. There's a reason why my friends here call me Sister Emily.

Emily Ann

Carin's Wife GG
08-15-2007, 12:05 PM
(hugs)

Louise.:love::love::love::love::love:

Toyah
08-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Its a big Noooooo from me I have no problems with someone being spiritual but really dont want it forced on me here . In fact it seems that being spiritual causes CDs way too many problems. I really dont want to see any more my pastor does not like me dressed threads:love:

Sheri 4242
08-15-2007, 05:30 PM
In fact it seems that being spiritual causes CDs way too many problems.

Amen!!! (Pun intended -- :lol2: -- *ahem*.)

Actually, while I agree with you, Toyah, I'd take it a step farther -- when one is so dogmatically religious that it effects true spirituality, that, IMO, is when beng spiritual causes CDers too many problems. I've known too many CDers who were deeply spiritual and there was no conflict. Add man-made dogma and the problems begin.

MsEva
08-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Jen,

When I say I am gonna pray for someone I PRAY for them. A woman of my word. There's a reason why my friends here call me Sister Emily.

Emily Ann

Good for you Emily, I would think no less or you! Definitely a woman of your word.

I am a Christian/Catholic with all the guilt you would expect. I have a hard time believing all that is in the Bible in the fact that there are so many contradictions. That being said, I know that God created this beautiful universe. Most of the Bible is the truth, my DW is certain that every word is true though she doesn't understand it all. I have to believe we are here for a purpose. I have to believe that we are called to make this life as close to heaven as possible.

Marcie Sexton
08-15-2007, 07:23 PM
I have a profound respect for God, whiile not in the main stream of giving my self to him, I still believe in him...He must be a forgiving person with a good sense of humor, just look at some of the creatures he has put on this rock we call home...Me for one:heehee:...

I have to believe that he is forgiving and will gladly accept all who seek him...after all each person must seek their respective relationship with him...that and only that committment is all you'll have to be judged by...

but then again that is only my opinion...for what its worth...

Dita_B
08-15-2007, 07:47 PM
I thought this forum was about cross dressing and not about spiritual believes. I think it definitely doesn't belong here and IMHO this thread should be banned or locked.

A person is what he or she believes and discussions about such issues, such as also political issues, has the potential to make tempers flare...

Is there a moderator who agrees?

:love:Dita.

Butterfly Bill
08-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I thought this forum was about cross dressing and not about spiritual believes. I think it definitely doesn't belong here and IMHO this thread should be banned or locked.

A person is what he or she believes and discussions about such issues, such as also political issues, has the potential to make tempers flare...

Is there a moderator who agrees?

:love:Dita.

I haven't seen any tempers flare yet on this thread. The original question was whether anybody here goes to church crossdressed, and that question obviously is related to CDing. I can't see how anybody can be threatened by this unless that person feels threatened by religion in general, which from looking at this thread a lot of people here do. Neither I nor the originator of this thread are trying to convert you to anything. We're just talking about what you wear or don't wear to church (or mosque, or synagogue, or temple, or what have you).

Angie G
08-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I ame spiritual but don't do the Chruch thing I don't need some man of the cloth telling me what I should do :hugs:
Angie

SandyR
08-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I have no doubt about my beliefs, and I do pray often. So put me down in the "Yes colum".

Hugs!

SandyR

suchacutie
08-15-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm in the regular mainstream and although I haven't yet gone to church en femme, I see no disrespect in doing so.

tina

Katelyn
08-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Leviticus 19:28. You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves

This is the only reason I haven't got my ears or belly pierced...

hoever...
Leviticus 19:27 states: You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.

I Shave every Day!

Now that I've looked at this closer, i probably will get my ears pierced. Thank you for the post.

Anyways, my beliefs are simple.
1. There has to be a God
2. I'm not him/her
3. I'm not perfect
4. I can't abide by one religion.

I wish I had the courage to go out dressed. sigh

chucks
08-15-2007, 09:56 PM
I wish I had the courage to go out dressed. sigh

i think you'll just have to force yourself to go out or give up wishing to get courage. otherwise you're just torturing yourself.

AnnaMaria
08-15-2007, 11:45 PM
I do consider myself a spiritual person just not a religious person. I have been to all kinds of different churches and I just can't seem to agree with any of them for one reason or another.

I do believe that there is a higher power and that this being is the one that created all but to say that this person is male or female is to me rather difficult simply because no one knows for sure.

As far as the Bible is concerned I would have to say that unless someone can show me where it says that being who I am is wrong I am going to have to say that I was made the way that I am for a purpose that I just havn't found yet. Or at least not that I am aware of.

Personally I rather prefer the way that native americans refer to the creator as the Great Spirit. It leaves plenty of room for whatever the creator happens to be.

Anna