PDA

View Full Version : Why? (do CDs ALWAYS wear pantyhose?)

rachel_rachel
08-14-2007, 02:43 AM
This is something i've been asking myself for a while now.. and everytime i look in the picture threads it reminds me again.

The question i ask is this....... Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?
I mean is it a case spot the crossdresser or something? Because the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions.

The exception to this is corporate buisness women, and the likes, but not much more other than that.

I will admit that i do wear them on the odd occasion, like most women, and love the feel of them on my shaved legs.. but i have no need to wear them all the time. Right now i'm going through a footless tights phase, or full length tights... Just following the fashions of today i suppose.

PaulaJaneThomas
08-14-2007, 03:43 AM
I only wear them on cooler days. If it's hot then bare legs are far more comfortable (not that we've had much hot weather this summer).

RobertaFermina
08-14-2007, 03:57 AM
I wear them more than half the time, evenings especially.

I like how they cover imperfections & hair.

don't want to shave EVERY TIME I go out.

Not ready to try the European CD Motif !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Valerie
08-14-2007, 04:13 AM
Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?

Do they? I don't...

rachel_rachel
08-14-2007, 04:22 AM
geez, don't you love it when poeple select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing......

A lot of the photos here in the pictures section clearly show this, and most really seriously don't look right. Too shiny, or wearing them with sandles.... there's too many horror stories to mention.

If you look at most of the posts in the M2F section.... a vast majority of them start with do i pass, i didn't pass this time, i got clocked at the shops, so on and so on...

Sheri 4242
08-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose? . . .
(b)ecause the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions. The exception to this is corporate buisness women, and the likes, but not much more other than that.

Very interesting question. Let me answer it two ways. First, IMO many crossdressers wear pantyhose b/c pantyhose help "the look" of the legs (adds color and can hide, to some greater or lesser degree, hair for those who don't shave; for those who do shave "silky" nylon against the leg has an incredible feeling). Second, it is what many think help make "the total package look."

I have learned that, to begin with, pantyhose aren't really, per se, a part of the total package look. Thigh Hi's (a.) accomplish the same thing pantyhose do, in re adding color to the legs and somewhat covering/hiding hair; (b.) are much more comfortable, in re if you have the right size they'll stay up and not "bag" at the crotch; (c,) look more sexy -- much like hose sans the garters, and (d.) add the element of "the total look." So, that answers all of the elements of what I said in the first paragraph.

NEXT, crossdressers who wear either pantyhose or thigh hi's need to realize that "to look natural and legitimate" you need to do what GG's do. Don't wear either when the weather is hot unless you need a "formal look" for a special occasion!!!

Personally, I think hoisery of any kind is an important part of the overall feminine look -- but only if worn when it is appropriate to do so. And, when the temperature is in the 90's, "that aint the time" to wear hoisery unless you are going out in formal or semi-formal clothes!!! Also, on another personal note, find the right size and get used to wearing Hanes silky thigh hi's -- IMHO you'll find they feel great and look even better/sexier!!!

After I started wearing thigh hi's and subsequently began singing their praises, my wife tried them "seriously" for the first time -- and she agrees with my assessment!!! BY THE WAY, try them when you are intimate with your SO!!! Unlike pantyhose, you don't have to take them off, but rather can leave them on -- and there is such a GREAT feeling if you both have them on -- silky legs against silky legs!!! Works by me!!!

:thumbsup:

DanaJ
08-14-2007, 05:07 AM
geez, don't you love it when poeple select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing......
Like this? :D

I would like to point out that you are the one that used an absolute term ("always", and in caps too) to say that every single CDer every single time wears the same choice in hosery.

As for me, I don't even own a pair of panythose, I sometimes use thighhighs for photo shoots if I am doing a glam look, or have hairy legs at the time. But, my legs are a little beat up anyway, so hose helps to hide some of the scars. And I have NEVER worn hose with sandals, or any open-toed shoe.

Georgina
08-14-2007, 05:18 AM
I don't wear pantyhose, I prefer stockings. I may be in a minority group since I do not want to be or look like a woman, I wear the clothes because I love doing so.

Robin Leigh
08-14-2007, 05:35 AM
I went outside en femme on the weekend several times, once with bare legs, a few times in pantihose, and once with black fishnets over skintone pantihose, although I was wearing a long skirt with those.

It's still rather cold down here, and I see many GGs wearing hosiery, quite a few of them wearing fishnets or fancy patterned tights. In summer time, bare legs are certainly popular, but there are plenty of GGs here in Sydney who wear hosiery of some form.

Robin

Kate Simmons
08-14-2007, 06:07 AM
I dunno Hon, people just wear what makes them feel comfortable I guess.:happy:

Karren H
08-14-2007, 06:22 AM
I hate panty hose..... more today than a few months ago... lol But never liked the feeling...

Karren

Michelle04240
08-14-2007, 06:26 AM
geez, don't you love it when poeple select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing....

Ummmm.......

I don't own any at this moment. Have in the past though.

switcheralso
08-14-2007, 06:32 AM
I wore pantyhose when I was new to C/D it just allowed me to experience being a girl. I don't wear hose now.

MsJanessa
08-14-2007, 06:36 AM
I never wear panty hose---it's always thigh highs for Me---sexier, allows Me more freedom and I dont have to remove them to engage in, shall We say, intimant activities.

Sally24
08-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Yes, hosiery does hide a host of imperfections, scars, etc... I wear them often because I love the feel and the fit. I have never minded the heat like some girls. That being said, I do force myself to go without to look right in jeans, summer outfits and sandals. I do order the Hanes toesless hose for evenings so that I can both wear pantyhose and open toed shoes!

And the shiney hose, I think are for those who just love that look from the 70's.

sissystephanie
08-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Very interesting question. Let me answer it two ways. First, IMO many crossdressers wear pantyhose b/c pantyhose help "the look" of the legs (adds color and can hide, to some greater or lesser degree, hair for those who don't shave; for those who do shave "silky" nylon against the leg has an incredible feeling). Second, it is what many think help make "the total package look."

After I started wearing thigh hi's and subsequently began singing their praises, my wife tried them "seriously" for the first time -- and she agrees with my assessment!!! BY THE WAY, try them when you are intimate with your SO!!! Unlike pantyhose, you don't have to take them off, but rather can leave them on -- and there is such a GREAT feeling if you both have them on -- silky legs against silky legs!!! Works by me!!!

I don't think that ALL Crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose. I know I don't! Yes, I do own some and have worn them on occasion when it was quite cold in the Pacific Northwest. Since moving to Georgia years ago have never found the need. Thigh Highs work very well, especially the way Sheri mentioned in her last paragraph!!:love: And unlike pantyhose, they one less thing you have to worry about when you need to use the facilities!:heehee:

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

TxKimberly
08-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Ah! I do for two reasons.
1 - When I was growing up in the 70's, they WERE worn by most women. Yes, fashions do and have changed, but some things you grow up with stick with you. In my mind, they are VERY fem.
2 - I am the proud owner of a primarily female disease called Erythema nodosum. It is a form of 'panniculitis' or inflammation of subcutaneous fat tissue, is quite painful, and looks like rather large and painful bruises all over both legs. Probably 40% of both of my legs are covered in these bruises right now so my legs are UGLY big time.

Having said that, I have over the last month STOPPEd wearing them. It is far too hot, and as you pointed out, since the GG's don't, it does not help you when trying to belnd in. I just wear longer skirts (which I like anyway).

leggy_tiana
08-14-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm one girl who enjoys wearing hose or thigh highs whenever I dress. I am very accustomed to wearing hose or thigh highs, even in the summer months. The heat never bothered me. For me, it is a very important aspect of looking my feminine best. I like the way nylons make my legs look smooth and add color. They feel great too. Dressing-up in sheer, dusky nylons and wearing an attractive pair of heels is a true, feminine delight.

Wendy me
08-14-2007, 07:39 AM
i don't wear them very often i would rather my bare legs .....i think most that do wear them all the time just have a thingy for them ..... or hair , white legs or perhaps some scars that might stand out.....

Jocelyn Quivers
08-14-2007, 07:49 AM
As from my avatar, you can tell that I am one of "those crossdressers" that wear pantyhose. There are several reasons why.

1. This was the first item of womens clothing that I was ever attracted to, so it is basically going to always be a permanent fixture of my crossdressing. In other words, if I'm not wearing them, I don't feel completely dressed, even when wearing pants.

2. I'm a child of the 80's, when I was growing up it seemed GG's everywhere wore them all the time, work, school, TV, etc, so this has kind of permanently been programed into my mind.

3. Leg Blemishes- Even though my legs are shaved, they are horribly scared from several mishaps I have endured in male mode, and they look too hideous to pull off the bare leg look successfully

4. I love the way they look and feel even if they are rarely ever worn anymore by GG's. I will now and will always continue to wear them. :2c:

Kahlan51
08-14-2007, 08:09 AM
I wear what feels right. Mostly thigh highs and I wear a color that doesn't show in summer. No hose in summer and NOT in open toes. I get so tired of hearing the fashion rules. Do what feels right to you. I could care less what others think and if they want to say it it is their stuff so I just let it breeze by. Like a breeze under my skirt mmmmmmmm love that. Kahlan

KandisTX
08-14-2007, 08:35 AM
In my case, I have worn them on a daily basis for the past twenty plus years. Growing up, whenever I saw a girl, woman, lady out in public in a skirt or slacks, she was wearing pantyhose (or knee-highs). there was a time when it was improper for a woman to NOT wear stockings or pantyhose.

For many of us, it may be that pantyhose was how we got our start in the wondeful world of CDing. I can remember very vividly that I was able to always find a pair of pantyhose to wear in my youth. They had become a staple in my wardrobe (at least when I was home alone), I wouldn't dress in anything without first putting on a pair of pantyhose over the panties.

Kandis:love:

BarbaraTalbot
08-14-2007, 09:06 AM
i think most that do wear them all the time just have a thingy for them ..... or hair , white legs or perhaps some scars that might stand out.....

All of the above at times!

Several reasons. It was one of the things I tried very young and those things imprint fairly deeply. Also when I did wear them prior to my first full shave a couple of months ago (Oh that was SO worth it) it covers the hair with which I cannot see my self as remotely feminine. And lastly if it actually bothered me, I would want to hide the very deep, but at least now faded in color scars from multiple high velocity compound fractures of the tibia and fibula!

Another reason I sometimes wear them underdressed is they are a nice reminder of my fem side and in control top the help with tucking into those sung fem jeans.

As far as partial quotes, I try to be sensitive about not distorting an original poster's meaning or use it to belittle. Having said that,

(I)
love it when people select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing.

Now the reason I do is it aids clarity. I always start at the top of the thread and begin with the original post. I read to understand but not to pass an S.R.A. test (Student Reading Achievement Test). When someone quotes the WHOLE text, I am faced with the choice of recalling the original post in its entirety, or re-reading the WHOLE thing yet again, trying to discern which part the respondent is referencing.

The key for me is whether I have captured in the quote the portion that best encapsulates the thought, not as written necessarily, but as I the reader perceived it. Makes it more of a two way interaction. Like reflexive listening. I have seen it abused though so I am reasonably careful.

Its a fine line to walk, I realize. One of the difficulties I have is ignoring the little red underlines in an original post that show spelfing errs but not gramitaka in Mozilla.

Chelseaswpa
08-14-2007, 09:17 AM
I like the feel of hose, but would much rather wear thigh highs. Now that I am completely shaved and tan, cant timgaine wearing them unless for a very special occasion ;) Once I shaved my shins though, I realized how many times my shins have been beat up from work over the years, may have to work on that.

LindaTS
08-14-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm one of those women who wear pantyhose almost all the time, the exception being when I wear stockings. I wear them because I like to and I feel they make my legs look nicer.

Rhonda480
08-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Personally, I think hoisery of any kind is an important part of the overall feminine look -- but only if worn when it is appropriate to do so. And, when the temperature is in the 90's, "that aint the time" to wear hoisery unless you are going out in formal or semi-formal clothes!!!

BY THE WAY, try them when you are intimate with your SO!!! Unlike pantyhose, you don't have to take them off, but rather can leave them on -- and there is such a GREAT feeling if you both have them on -- silky legs against silky legs!!! Works by me!!!

I agree
and
agree!:hugs:

karynspanties
08-14-2007, 10:21 AM
I NEVER wear pantyhose. Only thigh highs and garter stockings for me!

sarah378619
08-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Pantyhose is one of the first things I tried on when i started. I love the way they feel. The silky reminder under my drab clothes, that I am Fem. I also grew up in the 80's too and hose was big with girls. If i had a choice I would wear pantyhose with a skirt or long dress most days. I guess I have a thing for them, but some GG's do too. Nothing is absolute, some GG's may not like hose because it was imposed on them as young, not worn by choice like most Cds/trans.
Sarah

DonnaT
08-14-2007, 11:04 AM
I wear them, although not always, but always when going out enfemme. :) Even with open toed shoes.

I love the feel, especially when they fit right. And I love the tan look they give my legs. And they hide the hair somewhat.

My wife saw a GG the other day in a skirt, with black heels, no hose. She asked why some women don't wear hose when in a skirt and heels. So, some women, like my wife, don't believe in not wearing hose when in a skirt and heels.

Julogden
08-14-2007, 11:15 AM
As lots of others have mentioned, when I was growing up, sheer hosiery of one sort or another was part of the total package for a "properly" dressed woman or girl, and I guess that many of us have taken that to heart. And again as others have said, they minimize a myriad of leg flaws, sort of like foundation makeup for the legs. Plus, they're one of the items of clothing that is quintessentially feminine, and I think that appeals to a lot of us. Besides, I just like them, so why not wear them?

And I'm not one of those who thinks that hosiery with sandals is a sin. They make sandalfoot hosiery for that exact purpose, and as far as I'm concerned, they look great. In years past, sandalfoot hosiery with fancier sandals was a standard thing, it's only in recent years, that the fashion police have decided it's a no-no.

That said, in warm weather, I only wear hosiery when I'm getting dressed up a bit, but in cooler weather, I wear them a lot for a bit of additional warmth.

Personally, I feel that sheer hosiery give a "finished" look to an outfit, and don't care for the bare leg look. Part of looking good is knowing when to ignore a fashion that doesn't work for you.

Carol

alysonatl
08-14-2007, 11:23 AM
First of all, I love the feeling of pantyhose, I would not feel complete without them if I go out on a shoping spree or to a 'ladies lunch." To me, stockings are a key to feeling truly femme. I especially love real nylons, with a lacy garterbelt. I love the '50s and '60s look, and I wouldn't think of putting on a vintage dress without hose.

kymmieLorain
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Do they? I don't...

Neither do I I hate the idea of pantyhose. It's stockings or nothing.

Kymmie

KarenSusan
08-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I love them because they hide blemishes and make my legs feel smooth. Also, because they are tight, I do not have to tuck to achieve a nice smooth look in front.

gennee
08-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I don't wear panty hose, even in the winter. I just love the feel of the wind against bare skin.

Gennee

:happy:

Charleen
08-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I don't. I do however wear knee highs when I wear boots on my ghost tours. I will wear panty hose when it's real cold out.

torontopantyhose
08-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Personally, I wear them because i love how they feel on me and how they look.

In fact, I usually wear pantyhose even under my jeans.http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/happy.gif

Mitch23
08-14-2007, 02:00 PM
This is something i've been asking myself for a while now.. and everytime i look in the picture threads it reminds me again.

I mean is it a case spot the crossdresser or something? Because the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions.

The exception to this is corporate buisness women, and the likes, but not much more other than that.

I will admit that i do wear them on the odd occasion, like most women, and love the feel of them on my shaved legs.. but i have no need to wear them all the time. Right now i'm going through a footless tights phase, or full length tights... Just following the fashions of today i suppose.
I don't - I wear whats appropriate for the situation! Girls are barelegged at the moment so that's what I do. Leggings or footless tights, depending on weather and outfit

mitch

JennMW
08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I can't help but ask, but do you have doubts that you are a real crossdresser because you don't wear pantyhose all the time? :heehee:

Linda C
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I do it because it just feels - yummi! :happy:

Jennilouise
08-14-2007, 04:34 PM
For me its stockings or nothing. I can't stand tights they are way too hot for me

loki_uk
08-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Apart from feeling sexy, the right tights can make your legs and thighs look thinner, which is surely what any women wants :2c:

Susan Johnson
08-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I prefer stockings but go with tights/pantyhose when wearing a short skirt. You stand a better chance of blending in if you are not showing stocking tops when out in public

Susan

Tina Dixon
08-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Well if my legs and feet were tanned I might not wear any but there not, totally white.

Lissa Stevens
08-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I Rarely wear them. I do wear knee his and trouser socks when I have to but I have learned what most GG's have. They are hot and uncomfortable.

SandyR
08-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Nothing beats the feel of nylon on soft fresh shaved legs.....

SandyR

franvonceder
08-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I go bare legged at the moment. Hate panty hose but love the feel of stockings in the colder weather.

Here's me - bare legs!

Love Fran

Phoebe Reece
08-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I think that for many of us, much of our lives were spent admiring women's legs encased in sheer hosiery and wishing we could experience what that would be like. And it is one of the few things (like a bra) that are so strongly associated with femininity. So, when we reach that point in our lives when we are able to dress up and go out and about in the world wearing hosiery (be it pantyhose, stockings, or thigh-highs) ourselves, we (CD's) are going to do it. It is unfortunate that at the current time the wearing of hosiery has become somewhat unfashionable among the GG's.

I personally don't particularly care if it is unfashionable. I expect to be read as a CD and am surprised when I am not (pretty often). I like the look and feel of pantyhose. I only dress about 4 days a month, so when I dress I am going to wear what I think looks good on me - and that includes sheer hosiery.

Here's me out shopping - not bare legged:

SherriePall
08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I wear pantyhose because I CAN!

Actually, it's because of the same reasons many of you have already mentioned: growing up it was what all the women wore (actually, stockings when I was younger), wearing them covers the flaws on my legs (I know, you thought I was perfect), wearing them helps support and shape my legs, wearing them helps me blend in with those women near my age who wear them for the first three reasons I listed, and wearing them helps me keep my maleness in place.

And the truth be told, I have seen a lot of young ladies barelegged this summer who should wear some pantyhose when it's cooler.

Jodi
08-14-2007, 07:31 PM
You made the mistake of saying "always" and "all cd's". Please don't ever speak for me. Yes, I enjoy the feeling and the look of a good, quality pair of panty hose, but I only wear them for the appropriate occasions

Summertime with open toe shoes or sandals is not the appropriate time if you want to present a stylish appearance as a gg would do.

You said that you looked at many of the past pictures and your conclusion was that cd's "always" wear hose. You obviously did not look too closely at my pics. Look at my avatar. No hose there. On my last two threads, with pictures, on my outings, I was well dressed and was out and about in regular venues. No hose in any of the pictures. I went bare legged because it was summer, hot, and I was wearing open toe shoes.

Jodi

Ibecomingfemale
08-14-2007, 07:45 PM
It is LEGEAL born male buy and wore PANTYHOSE!!!

When I was 5, I start notice girls, teens, women, and Mom wearing coloring legs. I see it at school, streets, stores, resturants, and church. I WANT to try one pair. It feels wounderful. I REALLY enjoy the feel to the toes up to the waist. I now know why they are wearing HOSIERY!

My Grandma in the mid and late 80's somehow knew I Love to wear PANTYHOSE; she let me borrow hers when I come to her place. We were close in height and shoe size. She grab bunch of HOSES in her dresser drawer to hand it to me. She give me one of her dresses and a pair of heels. She store my femme stuff in a box back wall in her cloest. My Mom discover the box when she die early 90's; I told her I don't want it. No REGREATS!!! I grew in height and feet since her death.

I buy and wore HOSIERY to this day.

Nylon

Holly
08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
...Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?....I know, I know, I know! Because the word "panty" is in the name. :tongueout

Veronica 1
08-14-2007, 08:00 PM
I first wore pantyhose while working in the arctic, I would put them on under my long underwear for a lot of added warmth. I also wear them on hot summer days at work to keep my sweaty legs from sticking to my jeans, (I hate that feeling). Since I started to keep my body shaved, I wear them quite often as they feel fantastic on my shaved legs, but no, I do not always wear them

tinadcd
08-14-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm with Janessa; usually wear backseam lace top stockings with a garter belt. I would only wear pantyhose with short shorts, and then probably fishnets. Pantyhose are a pain!

Tina

I never wear panty hose---it's always thigh highs for Me---sexier, allows Me more freedom and I dont have to remove them to engage in, shall We say, intimant activities.

KarenSusan
08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I think that for many of us, much of our lives were spent admiring women's legs encased in sheer hosiery and wishing we could experience what that would be like. And it is one of the few things (like a bra) that are so strongly associated with femininity. So, when we reach that point in our lives when we are able to dress up and go out and about in the world wearing hosiery (be it pantyhose, stockings, or thigh-highs) ourselves, we (CD's) are going to do it. It is unfortunate that at the current time the wearing of hosiery has become somewhat unfashionable among the GG's.

My sentiments exactly, Phoebe.

stefcd1
08-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I absolutely love the feel of pantyhose on my shaved leggs and the sound of my knees rubbing together. Nothing says female than more than a bra and pantyhose. I almost never go out in a skirt or dress without pantyhose. And nail polish on toe nails showing through pantyhose, nothing sexier.

Stef

Elizabeth Anne
08-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I have to wear pantyhose if I am wearing a skirt due to bad scars on my legs. I scar really easy. I have some feeling loss in my legs due to diabetes. I suffered a bad burn from an electric heater that was under a work station of a fellow employee. I sat down & put my leg under the surface not knowing the heater was back in a corner. I just did not feel the heat until it was too late. I do alot of work outside in my yard also which I am always hitting my legs with something. I also use makeup foundation first on the scars before putting my hose on if I am wearing suntan or another lighter hose.

angelfire
08-14-2007, 08:37 PM
When I first started dressing, I loved pantyhose. But now, I MUCH prefer stockings. And even still, I like footless tights even more, and they also, conveniently seem to be in style right now. I am tall, so I found pantyhose didn't fit properly. A garterbelt I can adjust the straps so it fits fine, and with the footless tights, since it isn't restricted by my feet, I can get it on properly.

I only own 1 pair of pantyhose which I have only worn once anyway.

Jillm
08-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Several years back some supermodels with beautiful legs went without pantyhose and every gg thought they were supermodels too, so they took off the pantyhose. 3/4 of the gg’s I see walking around need to put a pair of hose on. I see gg’s with beautiful legs walking around, don’t get me wrong, they don’t all need them but the majority needs to put some hose on. It comes back to wearing what you feel comfortable with and how you want to look. I did wear pantyhose often. I have for years. I now wear them all the time due to needing compression on my legs. I have diabetes, I have poor circulation in my right leg, some days I wear jobst compression pantyhose, but most day I can get by with just a support pantyhose, however when I put a skirt on I don’t want someone looking at my legs and saying yuk. My SO has told me more than once that it’s my legs that give me a feminine appearance.

queenmandy85
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I prefer garter belts and stockings. They are what I grew up with, they are sexy and they are what HM the Queen wears and what is good enough for her is good enough for me.
It is probably a generational thing, but I've never found pantyhose to be sexy.

FrancineCD
08-14-2007, 10:00 PM
i don't own a pair of pantyhose. do have a pair of thigh highs that rarely get worn.

Francine

Nancie64
08-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I like the look and the feel and I think it is part of the fem look. Some of the younger group hardly know how to dress like a lady. Haven't read anything in any post about wearing a nice garter to match the outfit, and a nice part of nylons. Oh by the way, it does get hot up here too, and this summer was one of them. I think that's what cool nights and a/c are for. My SO has in the past surprised me with matching outfits, hard to wear them out in the public, but what a rush at home. :love:

ArleneRaquel
08-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Because CD'ers want to keep the female hosiery industry afloat, young woman, of today don't wear pantyhose or stockings. Katrina Always Wears Sexy Pantyhose . Why ? Because Katrina is ALWAYS Sexy. Katrina - Funny Afro - Irish CD'er :love: & :hugs:

Julogden
08-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Some of the younger group hardly know how to dress like a lady.
Hi Nancy,

I agree about many of the younger group not knowing how to dress, but that's what our parents said about us too, right? :heehee:

Last year when I attended a wedding of a friends daughter, I noticed a couple of the bridesmaids struggling with wearing heels even, guess a lot of the younger girls just don't wear them very often.

And I did hear one of the girls who was having trouble with the heels whining about having to wear pantyhose, too, poor thing.

Carol

Meag
08-15-2007, 01:45 AM
I am like Jillm, I have diabetes. I have poor circulation in both legs. I just had 5 bypasses done and so the heart plays a role here. I had prostate cancer and the prostate was removed, and since that time I had swelling and pain in my lower legs. After the prostate removal, I was totally incontinent, so an implant was done, but I leaked and have to wear a pad. Men's underwear were cotton and would stick to my pants and would pull down so that the pad was lose and would let the leakage come out on my pants, this was solved with women's nylon panties, and I shaved the area for cleaness and that is one great feeling.

To control the swelling, I stated wearing men's thigh-hi's, and being winter, they were heavy for warmth. When it got hotter I switched to pantyhose, and that was the start of hose wearing for me. I don't have any hair on my legs and the hose felt great. That was in 2001, and I have worn pantyhose and thigh-hi's nearly 24/7, summer and winter. When the did the heart bypasses, they left a large scar just below the knee and the hose hide it real well, along with all the other imperfections

I have worn pantyhose and thigh-hi's for 6 years, almost everyday, so I have a lot of hose, maybe 40 pair or more and feel naked without them. I wear them with women's shorts all summer long. Tight panties and pantyhose will hold a tuck very well, and I wouldn't think of wearing a skirt without hose, it just isn't done.:2c:

Meag

Lisa Golightly
08-15-2007, 01:48 AM
I only wear tights in the winter... I prefer to be bare-legged.

noname
08-15-2007, 01:51 AM

I don't wear pantyhose. Of course I'm not the typical member here either.

immike
08-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Ummmm.......

I don't own any at this moment. Have in the past though.
I love to wear womens pantyhose,it feels incredible against my legs&I really
enjoy sneaking into mother or sisters closet&borrowing a short mini skirt&
silk blouse,along with a pair of black heels.

Tamera
08-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Yes,
I am GUILTY wearing TIGHTS not much into pantyhose cause they are to SHEAR.

Why?
Cause I have ugly looking legs. I have had 2 operations on my right leg back when I was in 6th grade and the tights hide the scars.

Thought about?
I have thought about wearing skirts that are either ankle high or are between the ankle and the knee but I have not yet entertained the idea.

Mainly a Jean Girl.
I love wearing Hip Hugger Jeans when going out shopping and such more than the skirts, matter of fact just got a pair at DOTS size 5 and I love em'. I guess its that 70's era I was brought up in, plus I like shakin my BACKFIELD.

SHORTS NO...
Don't wear shorts either for the same reason about my scars on my legs.

A girl will hide her BAD points and emphasize her GOOD. Thats ME!!!!
Hugs,
Tamera

Suzie S.
08-15-2007, 04:30 AM
Count me in as one who wears them frequently. I simply enjoy the way they feel and how they look on my legs. :happy:

Corinne
08-15-2007, 04:43 AM
I too wear pantyhose all the time. I do so because it is really the first thing that attracted me to crossdressing years ago and that feeling has never gone away! I am not technically trying to look like the "average" GG. I'm just trying to be me and what feels good to me!

rachel_rachel
08-15-2007, 04:56 AM
See the reason i asked this question was having been looking in the pictures thread lately, i have seen it quite a lot... You see it's the end of winter here in Australia, so therefore would probably be more accepted here because of the weather... So in the northern hemisphere where most of the members of this site are... it's summer..... Way too hot for pantyhose, stockings, or tights... IMO

It's been good to see some of the replies here, a lot have made for pretty good reading actually.

Like i said in an earlier post, there have been some really good photos that have been posted, but the look spoiled by pantyhose, where IMO there was no need for them to be worn at all.

Niya W
08-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Com on out to northmen California hun. you will now see about %50 of them women are wearing panty hose. What is more , is that fish nets are making a come back. For me I just like to show of my legs any ways

Dixie
08-15-2007, 10:50 AM
I prefer stockings and a garter belt over pantyhose!

Julogden
08-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Like i said in an earlier post, there have been some really good photos that have been posted, but the look spoiled by pantyhose, where IMO there was no need for them to be worn at all.
Hmmm, I think you're missing an important point: we all dress to please ourselves, not to please you or anyone else. If the pictures were spoiled for you, that's your problem, no one else's, dear.:happy:

Carol

Melinda G
08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I haven't worn pantyhose all summer. Too hot. But I love them in the other seasons, along with thi highs and gartered stockings. I wear them all. They feel good. They look good. What more can I say. But if you are going to wear pantyhose, wear the Sheer To The Waist kind! I see too many pics posted of someone in a short skirt, with the reinforced part of the pantyhose showing. Eeeaaaauuuuu. And real women make that mistake too. Too many real women take the attitude that they have all the right parts, and thats all that matters, and they can't be bothered going that little bit extra, that would make them really attractive!
And I see lots of real women wearing stockings with sandals. Which is OK, so long as they don't have the reinforced toes!:D

krisinpink
08-15-2007, 05:37 PM
My two cents on pantyhose:

1) they ARE fun and functional to wear
2) they ARE NOT always suitable for some seasons/some events/some outfits/ and definately not suitable for all shoes!

Someone said in an earlier post that one should take cues from other women around us as to when panyhose are appropriate to wear. This is sage advice!

**sound of Jacqui stepping down from the soapbox now**

Be pretty everyone!!
HUGS!

jackieo
08-15-2007, 06:03 PM
I have allwaye's ware them since the first time my mom put them on in the 70s and I were lot of dress and min skirts so I were panty hose because you always were them with dress old school I guess but that the why I was raised. but when I were my Dasie dookes I were panty hose with them but not with flip flop, It with heels or short socks and a pair of tennis.
The chose of were them all the time is mine they fit me will I never have a problem with them falling down or the crotch sagging or the wast rolling down you just have to find the right size and fit and there like a second skin.
Now with it so hot in Ohio the last few mouth I have been spraying that pantyhose in the can on them It looke's just like hose with out the heat or if I got a tan on them I just wipe them down with asrto lube and they look great with a tan I got that out of the Lady's home journal.
Jackie:be:

Anthea
08-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I wear them most of the time in winter:thumbsup:, in summer its just much too hot.:thumbsdn:

rachel_rachel
08-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Hmmm, I think you're missing an important point: we all dress to please ourselves, not to please you or anyone else. If the pictures were spoiled for you, that's your problem, no one else's, dear.:happy:

Carol

See i don't think i've missed the point at all here... quite the opposite in fact.
If you read my second post on this thread you'll see that i have mentioned about seeing the boards loaded with threads about passing and so forth... and therefore in this day and age, like i said, women just don't wear them all that much anymore, with a few exceptions. Like i mentioned.

If passing out in public is all about fitting in, there is an old saying that goes.. "when in rome, do as the romans do"

I couldn't really care about being pleased or not by looking at the photos either, if someone asks for an opinion then they've opened themselves up for comment, good or bad.

That being said, i do not and will not comment on the photos posted here by other members, i just don't believe it to be fair.... All i said was, actually asked was, Why is it that crossdressers feel the need to wear pantyhose? Or stockings or any other form of hoisery for that matter.

chucks
08-16-2007, 01:35 AM
it feels good and it's fun. simply.

Tamera
08-16-2007, 04:25 AM

Carol

I sometimes dress for the competition. And so do other Girls.
Hugs,
Tamera

darley dee
08-16-2007, 01:25 PM
I also grew up admiring the GG of the Eighties ,wearing pantyhose, I mean come on did you ever see a Three's Company episode were any of the girls were not nylon clad, Oh one more thing control top, control top control top.

crossing_over
08-16-2007, 03:26 PM
i NEVER wear pantyhose.... it's not the current trend...

Imma
08-16-2007, 03:46 PM
To Group::2c:

Please count me in the "wearer" group!:D

Nothing beats pantyhose followed by gartered stockings. Pantyhose stop garter grips and stocking gaposis at inner thighs from well gartered stockings.:o

As you walk, gartered stockings will slide up and down on your pantyhose with a wonderful sensation.:happy:

With multiple foundations in place, it makes Imma one happy CD! :eek:

LOL:heehee:

Imma:rolleyes:

Suzannecd
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
It's a tradition, next to panties. It was one of the first clothing attire available to me. Besides, it covers up some of the manly things I have done to my legs, it feels nice and when I dress up, it is a special occasion.

Although I do prefer thigh high nylons and garter belts.

No point breaking tradition now.

Suzanne

Julogden
08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
See i don't think i've missed the point at all here... quite the opposite in fact.
If you read my second post on this thread you'll see that i have mentioned about seeing the boards loaded with threads about passing and so forth... and therefore in this day and age, like i said, women just don't wear them all that much anymore, with a few exceptions. Like i mentioned.

If passing out in public is all about fitting in, there is an old saying that goes.. "when in rome, do as the romans do"

I couldn't really care about being pleased or not by looking at the photos either, if someone asks for an opinion then they've opened themselves up for comment, good or bad.

That being said, i do not and will not comment on the photos posted here by other members, i just don't believe it to be fair.... All i said was, actually asked was, Why is it that crossdressers feel the need to wear pantyhose? Or stockings or any other form of hoisery for that matter.
Hi Rachel,

While there aren't as many females wearing hosiery for everyday wear as there used to be, there are still many that do, more in some regions than in others, and as you mentioned, it varies with the season, warm weather is not hosiery weather as a general rule.

For dressier occasions, pantyhose are still quite prevalent, it all depends on the outfit and setting. For example, I attended a couple weddings earlier this year, and almost 100% of the women who attended wore hosiery.

But here's what you said, and what I responded to:

I'd have to disagree about pantyhose spoiling anyones look, that was my point, not looking for an argument, just want to make my point clear.

If anyone posts a photo wearing pantyhose, it's obviously what we prefer, regardless of whether you think it looks good. No one is asking for opinions on passing in this thread, so while you're certainly free to have your opinions, I feel that your remark wasn't appropriate in this thread, and came across as a bit judgemental.:spank::happy:

Carol

sami1952
08-16-2007, 06:00 PM
I wear them mostly because my legs are very light skin for a hispanic and i mean light skin so i wear them to match the rest of my body,i normally wear suntan or beige color panty hose.

jennifer marie
08-17-2007, 03:54 PM
One of the first things my Mom taught me in the 70'S was "a girl is not dressed without pantyhose & lipstick"

Sara316
08-17-2007, 04:00 PM
I wear them simply because they feel so good.

jennifer ann
08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I am one who loves wearing pantyhose. It was what I started wearing when I was small so it stuck with me. I love the way it makes my legs look especially in tan or black

betty glasgow
08-17-2007, 04:49 PM
some do -some dont .but its not as nice as wearing ffnylons with girdle.or corset the thrill and feel of silk stockings xxxxxxxxxx

Angie G
08-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Well wear all kinds of hoes thigh highs knee highs ankle and garders stockings
And some times I don't wear any :hugs:
Angie

JamieTV
08-17-2007, 05:25 PM
I never ever wear pantyhose. I just hate them with such a passion, give me real stockings or thigh highs anyday and I am one happy girl.

linnea
08-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, rachel_rachel, I think that you are pretty critical for no apparent reason. Raising the question (about panty hose, for example) is one thing and a perfectly acceptable thing at that. But your opening words of this follow-up ("geez, don't you love it . . .") seem unnecessarily critical. It appears to me that the respondent simply wanted to comment on one part of your initial inquiry. She certainly didn't mislead anyone by omitting the rest of the context.
As to those individuals who ask such questions as "did I pass" or make such statements as "I didn't pass" or "I nearly missed being read," I think that they are just trying to join the discussion with the topics that matter to them most at this time. If you don't appreciate their topics or complaints, you may ignore them. However, even though you also have the right to criticize them, I think that your comments of that order would be better left unsaid.
most really seriously don't look right. "Too shiny, or wearing them with sandles....": PLEASE! Thousands of GGs provide plenty of variety in what they wear, how they look, how shiny their legs or hose or pantyhose are, and whether or not they wear hose with sandals.
Give it a rest, rachel_rachel!

A lot of the photos here in the pictures section clearly show this, and most really seriously don't look right. Too shiny, or wearing them with sandles.... there's too many horror stories to mention.

If you look at most of the posts in the M2F section.... a vast majority of them start with do i pass, i didn't pass this time, i got clocked at the shops, so on and so on...

Jodie Wexler
08-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I wear any thing that will help me achieve my goal looking like a real woman. They do it, why can't I. Some days it is pantyhose, others something else.
I don't believe in trends. Trends are just a way to seperate you from your money till someone else say you have to wear this now. Young people have fallen into this trap for years. All fashion is speculation anyway you just have to find your own viewpoint. The right item can last for years. My avatar dress is over 15 years old and to me it still looks as good as the day I bought it.

ReginaK
08-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I wear them because I like the way they look and they hide imperfections.

Julogden
08-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I wear any thing that will help me achieve my goal looking like a real woman. They do it, why can't I. Some days it is pantyhose, others something else.
I don't believe in trends. Trends are just a way to seperate you from your money till someone else say you have to wear this now. Young people have fallen into this trap for years. All fashion is speculation anyway you just have to find your own viewpoint. The right item can last for years. My avatar dress is over 15 years old and to me it still looks as good as the day I bought it.
Jodie, I couldn't agree more. The fashion industry depends on many consumers being lemmings who will blindly follow the latest fashion whether or not it works for them.

And I agree, that dress of yours looks great!

Carol:hugs:

sammie
08-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Dear gf, Please forgive me,but after reading the first page of this thread I could not help giving a quick reply. I will however, finish reading the whole thread when I finish. I wear pantyhose much of the time for a variety of reasons. The main reason I do this is the way I feel when this " second skin " caresses my legs and seems to give me some bounce to my walk. Sounds crazy but it's true.I wonder if any of you feel the same? Like I said, wearing hose for many reasons; way too many for a quick reply! A very good question and one that merits alot of attention and understanding. Luv,Sammie

kay_jessica
08-18-2007, 04:02 AM
..............Because the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions.

If that were really the case then why do so many department stores, supermarkets, chemist (drugstores), filling stations, corner shops, and even newsagents stock massive racks of them. Are there that many trannies out there that keep the whole tights business going. I think not. GGs do wear them and millions of pairs a year get worn and discarded, thats why companies like Charmois, Dupont, Aristoc, Wolfords are $m companies

Tiffy
08-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Well I think it was a style and in the day it was the mark of fem. Today many average day to day women do not wear them. But then, ladies do not wear skirts and dresses like they use to either. That was the norm and now it is only if people go out for the most part.

I think to many of our sisters it resembles softness and being fem. Not to mention aside from being a tad warm they feel like a million bucks on your skin. And others do it to give a smooth look to their legs incase they don't shave or have bad skin or veins.

I for one almost never wear them but I do have great legs that are shaved.

I also so an arguement about the racks and racks of them in little stores and things. Well that was true. But here in the states today thoes racks are mostly gone. And there maybe be a pair or two on the shelf. And Wal-mart had tons of them. But today locally they are down to one little short rack of them. Here they are becoming more of a thing of the past.

Tiffany Lee

Sedona
08-18-2007, 09:52 AM
I haven't gone through the other pages, so I'm probably restating someone else's ideas, but just because there are still panty hose companies, and displays at stores doesn't mean that women are wearing them in droves. There's a LOT of people in the U.S., and elsewhere. Sure some women do wear them, but mostly the over 50 crowd, and some younger women in more conservative parts of the country and in conservative professions.

My girlfriend works in a fairly conservative job and often wears them during three seasons, with skirts, usually for warmth. She's 29.

Me, I don't like them. I'll put a pair of "hose" on once in a blue moon, and usually wear bare legs or sometimes stockings/thigh highs for special outfits.

Alex!
08-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I wear them only when appropriate, such as with business suits and sometimes cocktail dresses and the like. I also like the bare-leg look, since I have grown to believe I can get away with that. I used to think I could not, for some reason.

I think men initially like to wear things because they are new - for example, men do not normally wear pantyhose or anything resembling them. Likewise, wearing silk is relatively rare. Novelty is part of the equation, and as time goes on and the novelty wears off, a sense of style and certain preferences weigh in.

Darlene-VA
08-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I have been dressing for 34 years now and pantyhose had always been a must have but for some special times there is nothing like wearing nylons and a garter belt

mysteryhorn57
08-18-2007, 11:14 AM
I started out as a pantyhose / gartered stocking fetishist (over 30 years ago), and turned into a crossdresser. I have only been going out "en femme" since January, and received many compliments.
I hate the bare legged look, and greatly miss the demise of pantyhose in the fashion world / popular culture. Then again, I despise the popular culture and fashion industries, and will wear whatever I want. Some of what I buy is trendy, most is not. ALL of it is on sale!
Recently I noticed varicose veins, and my legs are always chewed up from shaving mishaps.
I love pantyhose, and will prequently remove the cotton crotch to allow access to the "naughty bits".

LilSissyStevie
08-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I like the stockings and garter belt look above all else but also like thigh highs. I rarely wear pantyhose. I became a teenager in the '60s when pantyhose became popular. I will never forgive the inventors of pantyhose for inhibiting one of my favorite activities (involving explorations with the fingers). Pantyhose was little more than the re-introduction of the chastity belt. A curse be upon them!

Suzy Harrison
08-19-2007, 03:13 AM
I never wear pantyhose myself (called tights where I used to come from in the UK) - but I do wear stockings (with suspenders, known as garter belts in the US) - usually black or tan coloured. Is this the same as the thigh highs you all mentioned?

Isn't the terminology so complicated - why can't we all speak the same language !!:happy:

I always keep my legs shaved and smooth (whole body actually) and I find tan colour looks better than black, as guys legs are usually thinner than girls anyway - and the black colour makes them look even thinner. I also go for the 'glossy' stockings as they look so good and feel f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c !!

But what about fishnet or patterned stockings/pantyhose/thigh highs - they look so sexy but often draws a crowd..!:heehee:

Rachel Morley
08-19-2007, 03:27 AM
I only wear pantyhose when it's colder. Spring, summer, and fall in California is always warm enough to go bare legged. My wife is the same too, wears pantyhose only in the winter and only (of course) if she's wearing a skirt.

kay_jessica
08-19-2007, 04:05 AM

Isn't the terminology so complicated - why can't we all speak the same language !!:happy:

To quote George Bernard Shaw "two countries divided by a common language". One needs to extend that to the population of dozens of countries with in excess of 600 million people. Of course, one could refer to definitive guides like the Oxford Thesaurus and Oxford English Dictionary for the correct usage of words including pronunciation and spelling. However, I fully accept that languages evolve and for all intense and purposes American English is a dialect. What frustrates me though is the internet, we are increasingly forced to use incorrect spellings of words. For example, the developers of web forums embed incorrect spelling of colour. "{color=color}{/color}" , and annoyingly, the OS tries to tell me I've spelt (spelled) it wrong dispite having all UK English configs set correctly. Furthermore, why oh why should the default language for the web be Americanised (Americanized) English after all we invented the World Wide Web. As a result, more and more people in the UK use the American forms rather than the correct English forms.

Sorry, I could not resist that one.............For those interested there is a very good account of the English/American English differences here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_differences

Khriss
08-19-2007, 04:28 AM
..I've a collection of all in many styles etc ..
while pantyhose have their place ...esp in winter ..
I prefer "crotchless" :eek: for all the "benifits" eh ?? hehe "K"

rachael devry
08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
i have many pairs of pantyhose which i wear under slacks. but when i wear a skirt i like stockings thigh highs are great with or without the garters. sometimes lounging around i like pantyhose along with a teddie

Deborah Jane
08-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I wear pantyhose[tights] because i like to! Simple as that!:p

donnapink
08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
I like pantyhose mainly for the feel of them and I like the support. I always where them
when it is cold and I must go in drab:happy:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/happy.gif

Kendra mtf
08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Love the look and feel.

amber lynn
08-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Pantyhose are usually one of the first things we wear when we start to cd. The other day I wore a gold top, a pair of very tight, very short white shorts and sandals with 4.5" heels. And no hose for the first time. It felt so sexy!
Amber Lynn :fairy1:

KarenNY
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
I almost always wear them when I dress, except on hot days... generally I just enjoy the feel of a skirt against nylon-covered legs... always have since I was young...

I think nowadays it's a fashion thing... hosiery is out of fashion and bare legs are in... I think it is part and parcel of the way our entire society has become overly casual... I used to walk into a bank or my mother's office back in the '80s, and all the female employees were dressed nicely in dresses and skirt outfits, very few wore slacks... now all the female employees wear slacks and what used to be considered casual shirts. Very few wear skirts and if they do, the dressiest thing they pair with it may be a twinset. In some cases, I don't like it because it looks inappropriate to be dressed so casual in a place of business like a bank or a higher-end store... but there they are, young ladies dressed in slacks or casual outfits... hmmmm...

Rosaliy Lynne
08-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I can't speak for others but for me the answer was simple. I could not initially find garters to hold up stockings. Also, at the various dollar stores, there were only pantyhose and I figure how far wrong can a gal go for one dollar?

I prefer the support type panthose because they hold me in better every where I need holding in. Control top hose tends to let my original equipment stay hidden without tape and since I don't like tape on my skin, this works well for me.

Recently I did find some garters so I broke down and purhcased some and the nylongs to go with them. I still wear pantyhose mostly though and for the reasons I have already stated.

ronna
08-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Totally right on , LindaTS, you don't always need pantyhose when you can wear stockings instead, it's just that pantyhose are more convenient than garters but not nearly as fun, and they hold everything in place better, but you can always wear some snug panties instead, anyway, the answer is, we don't always wear pantyhose, see?

And BTW, if you think stockings are out of style, look at www.stockingirl.com
(that's where I got these!)

raleighbelle
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
I apologize that I have not read the other answers to this thread, so I may not be adding anything new, but wanted to give my thoughts.

First, for me, the real question is, 'Why don't more women wear pantyhose?'. They look and feel so feminine and sexy, and feel great on. Having said that I hear women complain about them a lot, but I wear them even to work and love the feel - my legs truly feel better with them on (I wear support ones as I have some circulatory problems). I hope they come back in fashion again soon!

My legs are not shaven, and I suspect I would like it a lot more if they were, but I can't easily get away with that. With the pantyhose, my legs feel nice and smooth, despite the hair beneath them.

Shevan
08-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Im a huge fan! Anything that a man is not supposed to wear I "get off" by wearing/doing...

teresa jeen
08-20-2007, 09:38 PM
the other day i was in the store buying some groceries, when it was time to check out the lady asked so politely,and how are you today sir? i replied, i cant wait to get home and get these hose off there killin me!! oh what a laugh we had. if only she knew!!!

prettieboy
08-28-2007, 11:31 PM
for me always because .the way they look, and feel. stockings, hose are a must to cd

Karmen
08-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I wear them almost every day, except in really warm summer days.. It's a feeling of them on my legs that I love the most.

Sugar
08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
..while pantyhose have their place ...esp in winter ..
I prefer "crotchless" :eek: for all the "benifits" eh ?? hehe "K"

I have to agree with Khriss.

I'm not big on the "tucking" thing either.

Just me.

sugar

Fab Karen
08-29-2007, 04:22 PM
rather than the correct English forms.

We dumped your tea & we dumped your lingo. Don't get pissed ( that means angry ):D

Time changes everything- if you look at our "founding fathers" writing you'll see a bunch of F's where S's belong:heehee:
and there are GG's ( in this country ) these days who call each other "dude."

Marcie Sexton
08-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Not this girl, I love thigh his with garters and during the summer I don't wear hose of any kind...

crunchysoda
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
I hate panty hose..... more today than a few months ago... lol But never liked the feeling...

Karren

Ok no one asked me but uhh when does that stop anyone =P

I mentioned this to my BF that a lot of cd'ers seems to gravitate towards the nylons/hose. I asked him if he did and he said he didnt and he's like "real women don't wear them."

I hate wearing pantyhose I find them very uncomfortable and "claustrophobic." I mean I rarely do anything or go anywhere where Id "need" to wear them. Honestly even formal wear has gotten way more lax at least as leg wear goes.
Bare is where it's at. I think hose are "out of fashion."

I guess my life is *really* boring because I havent owned a pair of any kind of hose in like a decade. :o
I nearly always ended up destroying them in the process of putting them on.

But hey if it makes *you* happy to have them as a part of your whole ensemble do it.:happy:

oh and yeah sandals and hose jus dont mix (think white socks and sandals your dad use to wear to get the mail or mow the lawn or whatever =x)!! I dare to say anything open toed jus looks a lil off w/hose.

Vivian_Anne_1
08-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I own two or three pair of pantyhose but I have not even taken them out of the packages. I tried it a couple of times but hated them. I love to wear my Victoria Secret stockings with garter belts. I grew up with them and will never give them up. I do not understand why anyone would wear pantyhose instead of stockings and garter. :eek:

Vivian

camera_laura
08-29-2007, 11:01 PM

I do that not to change the context, but to focus in on the item(s) that I'm commenting on. I don't think that is bad form. I think it is more or less acceptable behavior.

Yes, I know that this is :OT:

camera_laura
08-29-2007, 11:06 PM
This The question i ask is this....... Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?

When were you in a Hooters last? :devil:

Sweet Jane
08-29-2007, 11:14 PM
I wear hose in winter...in summer its just the bike tan!!!......

Val702
08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
I wear panty hose and stockings because 3 reasons
1 I have a serious farmer tan and my legs are too pale.
2 they feel awesome
3 Hy hair grows back super fast and it seems to help.

DawnRodgers
08-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Actually I hate pantyhose. Hardly ever wear them. Difficult to put on and mostly uncomfortable. Wear either thigh highs or regular nylons with a garter belt. It is a very sexy look and feeling and also makes going to the bathroom a lot easier.

rachel_rachel
08-30-2007, 02:12 AM
When were you in a Hooters last? :devil:

Look at where my location is.... None of them here.

I've made my point, did that ages ago on this thread so i don't think there's any need for a reclassification on where i stand. A lot of the ladies that are aslo on this forum have backed what i've said as well.

I didn't say that i don't wear them either, i do... just not all the time.

AlysonCD
08-30-2007, 07:14 PM
I wear because I like to. Period. But, there is a GG at the hotel I work at who wears pantyhose every day. And I live in the south where it's like 103 for an average high.

janet1234
08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I wear 'em 'cause I like 'em.

Linda-x
08-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I wear pantyhose because, 1). Makes my legs look tan, and tight.
2). They feel sexy.
3). They hold my hip pads, and tighten up the front.

But this summer, I have been going without pantyhose. I shave, then use a product called, "Airbrush Legs". The medium shade gives a light tan look, and big improvement ! Trust me, a black party dress, or skirt, doesn't look so hot with white legs sticking out !!...LOL

Marcie Sexton
08-30-2007, 07:54 PM
What this has to do about wearing pantyhos is beyond me, but did you know that one of the asst. coaches for the G.B. Packers during Lombardi's hey day, bought pany hose for his players to wear during the games played in G.B. during the winter...strange enough, he later colaborated with some of the makers of body armour that is now worn most of the time by the NFL players...

You'd be surprised how much warmth they hold in...

Just one of those things we didn't really need to know, but just had to tell...:heehee:

Debbie47
08-30-2007, 11:46 PM
This is the first summer that I have went without hose. I actually dressed down for a change. My usual outfit is a skirtsuit and an occasional dress. I kind of stick out like a sore thumb in the bar scene and I blinded a couple girls one night when we ran into each other going around a corner when I had on a bright yellow suit. This summer I wore jean skirts with a simple short sleeve top. I wore my first pair of espadrilles this year. Looking forward to the hose and some dressier outfits though.

lauriejean
08-31-2007, 06:05 AM
I just think they feel great... and like how they look too since they can smooth and hide some imperfections.

janet1234
08-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Right Marcie, also I find LL Bean silk long johns quite warm and comfortable, but no sex appeal, after all they are mens long johns.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-31-2007, 08:17 AM
What this has to do about wearing pantyhos is beyond me, but did you know that one of the asst. coaches for the G.B. Packers during Lombardi's hey day, bought pany hose for his players to wear during the games played in G.B. during the winter...strange enough, he later colaborated with some of the makers of body armour that is now worn most of the time by the NFL players...

You'd be surprised how much warmth they hold in...

Just one of those things we didn't really need to know, but just had to tell...:heehee:

Actually that is one of the reasons I like pantyhose. Plus I love how my legs feel so well wrapped and supported.

I just think they feel great... and like how they look too since they can smooth and hide some imperfections.

Iuse control top hose because they help hide that imperfection nicely. :heehee:

Ashly
08-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Since I moved to South Florida pantyhose became a no..no

Susancd
08-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I wear them because they feel sooooo sexy especially on freshly shaved legs!!!

Lanore
08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I believe I have one pair of pantyhose. I prefer leggings especially in the winter. I don't like to hide my legs in the summer.

Lanore

janet1234
08-31-2007, 04:37 PM
But I do like thigh highs and garter belts.

NylonMan
08-31-2007, 06:49 PM
I wear them all the time. I don't dress unless i wear nylons. I love the feel, both on my legs and when i run my hands down my legs. To me, they complete my appearance. Besides, if you wear heels with no nylons, your feet stick to the insoles.

Melora
09-01-2007, 02:43 AM
They just feel great! I love them! They are Soo totally Sensual! :happy:

eleventhdr
09-01-2007, 04:08 AM
I really do perfer tight's over panty hose but maybe that's just me they do seem to fit better and l to last much longer then do panty hose so anyway who here perfer's tight's like i do!. Suzy Ann!

tammysuetv
09-03-2007, 08:20 AM
I always wear hose but not always pantyhose. I wish my legs looked good enough to go bareleg but I need the hose to make them look better.

MJ
09-03-2007, 08:29 AM
i need a little help with my legs thats why i wear hose

JessicaJ
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I wear them to cover leg hair in my case. I also love the way they feel. It would make me very happy to see them come back in fashion for GG's too.

Jessica

mysteryhorn57
09-03-2007, 02:33 PM
I replied earlier, but forgot to mention one of my favorite websites.

www.pantyhosexperience.com

Membership is free, but required to access all the best photos. There is even a section devoted to crossdressers. Enjoy!

Lovely Rita
09-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I just like to. I really enjoy it. Don't have all the reasons. Genetic girls can wear them any time and may take them for granted. For many of us it is still the forbidden treat.

Christine Davis
09-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I used to wear them a lot in th ebeginning years, mostly with Dresses. Now my wardrobe has expanded to slacks and jeans. Touser socks and cute little mini socks for the jeans and heeled loafers. PH only when I'm wearing a skirt or dress.

Chrissy8888
09-08-2007, 11:49 PM
I just wear pantyhose because I like the way my legs feel in them. I do not feel I have to but just comfort.

Jodie Wexler
09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
This question bothers me for some reason not ,sure why really. But we are mostly crossdressers here why should it matter what we wear if we enjoy wearing it. No one item of clothing does a crossdresser make, for me that includes the whole range of what is out there. Pantyhose is just another piece of the puzzle in my jigsaw life.

Isis
09-09-2007, 05:45 PM
The first thing I discovered was moms hosiery. I love hosiery of all sorts......but love being caresser from hip to toe in silky phose. Always wearing some kind of hosiery.....makes me feel really feminine. I love to buy different brands and styles and compare them.
I just simply adore them!!!!!! And I always seem to fit them into an outfit.....giggles

vivianann
09-10-2007, 12:17 AM
I wear L'eggs sheer energy pantyhose suntan queen plus everyday whether I am in male mode or femme mode, I like suntan because I love the color, and it makes my leggs look not so bright white, I also wear the sheer energy hose to stop my legs from aching because I am on concrete alot when working, they make my legs feel wonderful by the end of the day. I do not like department store hosiery, because they make my legs itch, and they do not provide the support my legs need. I have worn pantyose everyday for 20 plus years now, I could not make it through the day without my sheer energy hosiery. I also grew up in the 70's when all GG's wore pantyhose it seems, I love the look and feel of hosiery, so I am stuck in the 70's when it comes to L'eggs hosiery.

Peggy55
09-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't wear pantyhose I prefer stockings I've actually cut up panty hose To make stockings! So cast me in the minority I guess.

KarenSusan
09-26-2007, 12:52 AM
I wear pantyhose because my pumps slide on so much easier over a stockened foot than a bare one.

ArleneRaquel
09-26-2007, 12:57 AM
Because we are very intelligent and we know fashion. :happy: :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch - African - American Pantyhose Love :thumbsup:

:drink: Chardonnay & Be Relaxed :2c:

Brenda's Friend
09-26-2007, 01:00 AM
For me, crossdressing to tring to achieve an idealized woman, and she wears nylons. Last week I tried wearing nylons under my pants to work for the first time. It was such a thrill. 3/4 into the day I just could not stand it any more, I had to take them off. I will still wear them when I dress because one has to make scarifices of comfort for beauty.

BF

Jonnie B
09-26-2007, 04:44 AM
They don't.

Always, always, wear suspender belt an stockings.

Hate the look of panty hose. It maybe a generation thing.

Sophster GG
09-26-2007, 05:55 AM
This is a questions I had always wondered before. Deena always wears them too.. Like every day.. I don't find them too comfy myself, to be honest. I do agree about what someone said about your heels slipping on easier though. :D

Christine Kelly
09-26-2007, 06:39 AM
I tend to think of pantyhose as 'makeup for the legs'
They make them look great, feel so smooth and oh so very 'touchable'. Pantyhose or stockings are all part of an overall professional appearance.

wannabepam123
09-26-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't. I always wear thigh highs with a girdle.

joselyn318
09-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I fricken hate panythose. Also it is rare to find a GG around my age of early-mid 20's wearing pantyhose these days. I think it is just a dead fashion.

StayceeCD
09-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I am in Spain right now and I can tell you, alot of the girls here wear pantyhose. Also was in Japan last summer and most girls there wear them too!:2c:

Lydia Hamilton
09-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Pantyhose, yeph, a good supject. I wear them quite a bit. Here in West Texas it is hot, no two ways about it. However, as a carpenter I wear them often with shorts at work. When welding its long pants no matter what the temperature is outside. They keep the old legs warm in the winter. I am on my feet all day long and sometimes my legs feel like they are going to fall off. Support panty hose really help.

Finally another reason is, I like the feel and enjoy how much better my leps look. Take care, L

marykrissmithcd
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
It is the reason why I get dressed up. If it weren't for nylons, I wouldn't dress at all. If I want to go bare legged I would stay dressed as a man. Bare legs is what women are doing these days so I dress in business attire so pantyhose are part of the business look

MrsDiane
09-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I keep my legs shaved and only own sheer nylons and garter belts, no pantyhose, no thigh highs

JulieC
09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I was at a business type lunch today with ~200 people. There were two women of all the women there that I saw wearing pantyhose. Probably half of all the women were wearing skirts or dresses. None of them had the legs for going without pantyhose. Just awful. One of the two women who was wearing pantyhose was absolutely stunning. I couldn't take my eyes off her legs. I noticed quite a number of other men admiring her legs as well.

janet1234
09-27-2007, 05:06 PM
with Christine Kelly, I love 'em, I also wear thigh highs with and without garter belt or girdle.

Rita B
09-27-2007, 08:02 PM
I hate pantyhose especially since I discovered the joy of thigh high stockings

Rita B

Jonnie B
09-27-2007, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=rachel_rachel;969821] Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?

The answer to this question has to be 'they don't'.

I guess it depends on the era of your strongest desire to own and wear female lingerie.

Being 74, I still remember vividly the glorious age of the mini skirt before the dreadful pantyhose was invented.

Walking up a fairly steep street in North Sydney behind a lovely young thing wearing a very short mini skirt, watching the glorious views of her stocking tops and black suspender belt straps as she strode up the street in her high heels.

Really really wanted that suspender belt.

I always wear suspender belt and stockings, although they are getting harder and harder to find.

Monique Althea
09-27-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm one of those crossdressers who's underwear tends to be utilitarian, rather than, well, sexy. I seldom wear panties, and my bra functions strictly to hold my breastforms. It's the clothing that turns me on, not the underwear. Pantyhose, however, does serve a couple of functions:

1. The control top does a splendid job of keeping everything tucked, without the use of any duct tape or other items that might inhibit ones ability to releive oneself. After I run a pair of pantyhose, I generally cut the legs off but continue using the top part to hide the male bulge.

2. As I shave my legs infrequently and never try to tan them, my legs simply look better in pantyhose--not as pale and splotchy, and the shaving bumps don't show--especially if I am wearing a nice career outfit, such as a skirt and blouse. I especially appreciate black pantyhose on GG's, and they don't look bad on me either ( http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1018193#post1018193 )

In other words, I need all the help I can get.

JazmyneCD
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I like how they feel and they make my legs shapelier.

ColleenShivas
09-28-2007, 01:12 AM
I wear pantyhose, thigh highs, gartered stockings, knee highs or nothing, depending on the occasion, the temperature and my mood.

We girls have so many more choices :tongueout

smoothbikini
09-28-2007, 05:25 PM
actually i can't stand pantyhose, give me stockings or thigh highs any day.

ellieparsons
09-28-2007, 08:44 PM
They are what got me started & i love the way they make my shaved legs look, plus they just make me feel femine.

caroledwina
09-28-2007, 10:21 PM
[quote=rachel_rachel;969843]geez, don't you love it when poeple select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing......

Sure - I only need to know what's germane

Carly (who wouldn't be caught dead in pantyhose)

caroledwina
09-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Since I moved to South Florida pantyhose became a no..no

. . . love your avatar;)

Andrea62
09-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I only wear tights if I am wearing a very short skirt, otherwise it is suspender belt and stockings every time.

Adele
09-30-2007, 12:30 PM
I wear tights, stockings or hold ups depending on what I'm wearing.

My CDing started with tights (easily accessible) and I still love the look and feel of them on the legs and especially with freshly shaved legs:thumbsup:

However as my CDing has progressed I now realise that they are not always a necessary item of clothing to achieve the look.

There are all sorts of women in the world - there are all sorts of cross dressers too!

SarahLynn
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Perhaps i've missed something in all this but do not PH/Tights come in both reinforced toe and "sandlefoot" styles. I can well understand why one might think that reinforced toe style hose would be wrong with sandles but why would "sandlefoot" hose be improper? And for that matter, why is it of concern whither one wears hose or not regardless of the weather? I've seen ladies in all fashions with and without.

SarahLynn