PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing to relax? Umm..

Violetgray
08-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I've read quite a few people on here, as well as a few other places saying that they crossdress to relax.

I'm not sure that I understand.

Its one thing to just lounge around the house in a skirt or housedress, those kinds of things are comfortable.

But looking good in drag takes effort. Hot panty-hose, stuffing your chest, spending 45 minutes putting oily and greasy chemicals on your face and reeeally close to your eyeball, putting on some high heels (which we all know are just soo comfortable) and balancing a soon to be sweaty wig on your head...

... all to relax.

I like doing it, but if I could just get the end result without all the effort I would. Maybe have a conveyor belt that dresses you like on the Jetsons or something.

But anyway yeah, if you talk to pageant queens, their idea of relaxing is probably mostly in the opposite direction

Marla S
08-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Well, depends on what you understand by relaxing.

Relaxing is more to the soul than to the body.
You can relax by climbing a mountain.
High heels feel 'comfortable' because they please the 'soul' while they are actually a torture device for the body.

Shelly Preston
08-14-2007, 10:43 AM
It can also be relaxing it getting dressed means concentrating on how good you want to look what your going to wear

With the satisfaction at the end of it being you are relaxed :)

This is because it has taken your mind off the stresses of the day (or longer)

Its not like that for everyone but for some thats how it works

BarbaraTalbot
08-14-2007, 10:48 AM

High heels feel comfortable because they please the 'soul' while they are actually a torture device for the body.

I do a lot of thinjs that are hard and physical to relax. So I can understand (if not identify with) those that do feel relaxed getting fully made up.

On the other hand any sense of soothing the wild beast I get from Cd-ing is not tied to any "passable" mode. I find dressing fully to be a bit stressful, and am somewhat overly conscious of everything when I do. Possibly because my lack of experience that way. When I did do it for most of my life till now it was just a response to an unexplainable urge. It didn't take much, it seems to sate me then. Just trying on something and guilty removing it and usually washing it out and hanging it back up was my entire ritual.

Now days, a little under dressing or a stealth presentation like girl jeans, and a polo that buttons the 'wrong' way is enough.

JoAnnDallas
08-14-2007, 10:49 AM
For some it is a way to escape from there drab life and be a complete different person for a while. This way they can relax and let the stress flow away for a little while.

Butterfly Bill
08-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't stuff my chest or put on makeup. I just put on the clothes. That way I can relax.

KandisTX
08-14-2007, 11:01 AM
If I'm just relaxing at home odds are I will dress and forms only... no make-up.. too much effort just for the house ;)

Kandis:love:

Elif
08-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I'll never pass and am very much "in the closet," but just one item of silk or nylon next to my skin has the same effect I once got from that first gin and tonic. To make a long story short, my drinking days are over but my dressing days are just beginning.

I keep a pair of panties locked up tight in my office and on a really stressful day I'll slip into the bathroom and put them on.

Soothing...

cheers

Alice B
08-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Your description is good, but as others said-it is based upon individual defination. Once I am fully dressed I am able to sit at my computer and get a lot of work done. Because I am dressed I will not be getting up and going outside or taking off to go somewhere. It then becomes relaxing to feel the female side of me, the feel of the clothing and make-up, etc. and get something positive done. Of course I do have to get up from time to time and check myself out in a mirror. But, I think we all do that.

sissystephanie
08-14-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't stuff my chest or put on makeup. I just put on the clothes. That way I can relax.

I totally agree with Bill. I am just more comfortable in feminine things! And I don't consider it getting into "drag!" It is just dressing as a female, no wig, no makeup, no forms most of the time. Just me and the clothes that turn me into Sissy!:happy:

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

CharlotteSomers
08-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I was going to say the exact same thing. For me, it's just nice to be someone else for a while. When I'm Charlotte, I don't have the same stuff on my mind as when I'm not. It helps me forget about the stuff I want to forget about.

I think thats why when things are going good in my life, I tend not to dress as much. When I'm stressed or depressed or angry, I dress up alot more often.

For some it is a way to escape from there drab life and be a complete different person for a while. This way they can relax and let the stress flow away for a little while.

lmildcd
08-14-2007, 11:35 AM
For me, just a pair of heels and sweet pants help me relax. Usually wear this combo on Sundays during the day.

Now I could be down in the dumps, and wearing my dress or skirts help me feel better.

I guess you could say that I CD to relax and/or make myself feel better.

L

Kate Simmons
08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Relaxing depends on the person doing the relaxing, so does unlaxing. You have to decide which is which for yourself.:happy:

gennee
08-14-2007, 11:58 AM
I wear panties all the time so I'm in femme mode always :D. I'm most relaxed when I'm out in public. From the first day I venture out I was calm and relaxed. I don't go out to try to pass but I haven 't been read all that much. I wear women's clothing because I enjoy wearing them.

Gennee

:happy:

Rhonda480
08-14-2007, 12:02 PM

High heels feel 'comfortable' because they please the 'soul' while they are actually a torture device for the body.

Marla, you are good....

I am going with what she said...

Charleen
08-14-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm Lily and dress accordingly. Unless i'm going somewhere special, it's just mascara and a little eye shadow. I wear what I wear 'cause that's who I am and ergo more comfortable. Washed the car today in my one-piece bathing suit for example.

caroledwina
08-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Because I wear panties on a daily basis I'm generally unaware of any difference. However, at various times during the day I become aware of my panties and get a low key erotic feeling which is definitely de-stressing.

However, on the odd occasion when I slip into garter belt and stockings, half slip with full slip over, shortish skirt and feminine sandals, camisole top with a smallish (34B) bra, the feeling is difficult to describe - there's relaxation and mild elation - there's erotism - there's a dreamlike feeling.

So . . . relaxation doesn't encompass it - but it's definitely part of the mix.

Carly aka Monique

caroledwina
08-14-2007, 12:09 PM
I was going to say the exact same thing. For me, it's just nice to be someone else for a while. When I'm Charlotte, I don't have the same stuff on my mind as when I'm not. It helps me forget about the stuff I want to forget about.

I think thats why when things are going good in my life, I tend not to dress as much. When I'm stressed or depressed or angry, I dress up alot more often.

yep:)

Robin Leigh
08-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Crossdressing certainly has a recreational aspect for me (and many others), but I don't usually think of it as relaxing. Stress-relieving, yes, exhilarating, yes, but it involves far too much energy & activity for me to consider it relaxing.

The clothes have interesting textures and feel pleasant, but I wouldn't class most of my femme outfits as particularly comfortable. OTOH, I do enjoy the sensations of wearing feminine shoes & clothing, even if I don't consider it that comfortable. For example, my padded pantygirdle thingy is a bit restrictive, but I do like the feel as well as the look it gives me.

Robin

Karren H
08-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I loved the episode of the Jetsons where George pushed the wrong button on the auto clothes changer and came out in a cute short dress and heels!! Lol. Wish it was that easy..

But I never said I do all that to relaxe!! Like you I enjoy (sorry, enjoyed) it and was driven to do it.. And I was comfortable in fem mode.. Big difference in being comfortable and relaxing.. An electric chair is probably pretty comfortable at least for a short time ... Hehe

Karren

KandisTX
08-14-2007, 01:05 PM
An electric chair is probably pretty comfortable at least for a short time ... Hehe

Karren

And there is that rapier wit we all know and love. ;)

Good to see you back again Karren. We Missed You ;)

RylieCD
08-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Comfortable, Relaxing... Whatever you want to call it, I enjoy the cloths. They are very comfortable physicaly and mentally, I am able to relax for a litle while I do the house chores but eventually get annoyed if I have nothing to do while dressed.

Deanna2
08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Wearing femme gear is certainly relaxing for me and no huge amount of time involved. In fact, to put on panties, camisole, mini skirt and heels takes me less time than it did to type this post (ie about 33 seconds).

caroledwina
08-14-2007, 07:16 PM
And there is that rapier wit we all know and love. ;)

Good to see you back again Karren. We Missed You ;)

the term <rapier wit> or its analogue/analog (bispellual) <rapier swift repartee>

I like it - combine that with a slim girl wearing glasses and I don't know what I'd do:)

Monique (formerly Carly)

Slip Affinity
08-14-2007, 08:23 PM

I agree with BB. I like the clothes; no need for forms or makeup or for that matter even a wig. I don't know exactly why, but I feel extremely comfortable and relaxed when I'm "dressed". Period.

charlie-50
08-14-2007, 09:30 PM
To me there is nothing more yummy than lounging about in sumthing sexy. like a skimpy nightgown and sum stockings and heels. now that what i call relaxing.....charlie..... :D

gailwisher
08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Dressing makes me feel so good and relaxed . Its like coming home to an old friend that i know very well. But looking good is a lot of work and lots of things to work on , that shadow, tucking, and making my eyebrows look better than a mac truck drivers ( no offense sorry) I like mac trucks .
gail

Andrea Azariah
08-15-2007, 01:15 AM
I'll echo the same sentiments as many of you already expressed; it is a relaxing activity for the soul, a destressing of the mind; although physically as violet might have discovered, for some of us at least, it gets the heart racing - but perhaps it's like getting 'stoke,' the adrenaline-endophine high that produces the relaxation afterwards.

Davinnia
08-15-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm one of those people who can't relax by relaxing, eg: on a beach. I've just spent 2.5 days working on the outside of the house in my scruffy work clothes. I find that work relaxing & an achievement in a physical sense.
Finished that male job, now enfemme, wearing my wife's blouse I asked to borrow & fully dressed & madeup. She told me what time she'd be home[I'll be changed back by then]so feeling very relaxed. It's a feeling of inner peace,nothing feels better & I can get on with some things I need to do, with the odd glance in the mirror. All the work getting dressed is the process which makes me relax when I'm ready.

Audrey34
08-15-2007, 01:38 AM
I don't wear makeup and half the time I'm walking around my apartment in either bare or stocking feet anyway. But when I put on my clothes, forms and wig then I can relax by working on my computer and such.
-Audrey

erickka
08-15-2007, 07:10 AM
CDing is mostly a stress relief for me. I slough off all my worries once I slip into all the girly clothes and shoes. Erickka HAS NO WORRIES. Her male counterpart is deeply entwined with many of the same problems that everyone else has.

WendyCD
08-15-2007, 07:19 AM
when the stress of everyday life becomes excrutiating and i have a few moments of privacy, dressing is a peaceful oasis, a place to feel sensual, express the inner femina, and it's better than drinking!!!

roberta1945
08-15-2007, 03:00 PM
i wear ladies slacks,jeans,tops,& panties 24/7 iwould love to wear skirts & dresses out but cann't pass so i dress in skirts & dresses to relax. i don't do the wig but do lip gloss & nail polish:2c:

roberta1945 :hugs:

Veronica 1
08-15-2007, 10:54 PM
When I get home and can put on my bra, then I can be a different person and the day does not matter.

Jennaie
08-16-2007, 01:04 AM
I am sitting here in a pair of thin cotton lounge pants and panties. No blouse, no bra, no makeup, no wig, no heels. Do I feel relaxed, absolutely, that's why slipped them on.

There once was a time that I had to dress completely to feel femme. I never dress completely any more. I don't even own a wig or makeup anymore, been there, done that, and I agree, too much work.

I'm comfortable just being myself most of the time. Sometimes when I feel stressed, I dress as I did tonight. It does help me relax.

immike
08-16-2007, 06:42 AM
I've read quite a few people on here, as well as a few other places saying that they crossdress to relax.

I'm not sure that I understand.

Its one thing to just lounge around the house in a skirt or housedress, those kinds of things are comfortable.

But looking good in drag takes effort. Hot panty-hose, stuffing your chest, spending 45 minutes putting oily and greasy chemicals on your face and reeeally close to your eyeball, putting on some high heels (which we all know are just soo comfortable) and balancing a soon to be sweaty wig on your head...

... all to relax.

I like doing it, but if I could just get the end result without all the effort I would. Maybe have a conveyor belt that dresses you like on the Jetsons or something.

But anyway yeah, if you talk to pageant queens, their idea of relaxing is probably mostly in the opposite direction
I love to sit at the computer,dressed in mini skirt,pantyhose,silk blouse&
heels.I just sneak into mothers closet&borrow a mini skirt&blouse.I order
pantyhose out of mothers womens catalogs&I use a pair of her black heels

caroledwina
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
the term <rapier wit> or its analogue/analog (bispellual) <rapier swift repartee>

I like it - combine that with a slim girl wearing glasses and I don't know what I'd do:)

Monique (formerly Carly)

Think I meant to say <the term . . . is dear to my heart>

only crops up in select circumstances so was amused to see it:)

Conversely, I may have no idea WHAT I meant to say - and apparently it only gets worse.

Carly - heading for his/her free seniors bus pass in just 215 days

Mona
08-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Well when I relax I'm usually wearing a nightshirt, wig, panties and leg warmers so it's like what some GGs do.

Suzy Harrison
08-16-2007, 08:30 PM
I have to say when I'm in Suzy mode it is totally relaxing for me.

First of all I love the preparation. Applying makeup does take a long time but I really love doing it. Once dressed it feels like I'm a different person and can totally relax at last. It's as if the boy side doesn't exist any more so any thoughts or worries I may have had just goes. For me it's almost spritual.

The only down side is the changing back .............

Christen3042
08-16-2007, 08:44 PM

I heartily agree. When I'm dressed en femme, I'm someone else. I have no job, no mortgage, no bills, no schedule, and I pay no taxes. I'm stress-free.

Suzie S.
08-17-2007, 05:00 AM
I wouldn't consider that I dress enfemme just to relax, although it is a small part of it. I dress because I need to feel more like myself. I am more comfortable as Suzie a lot of times, it just feels more natural to me. I can relax doing many other things not related to CDing. The CDing is more of a necessity to me. :happy:

cathybicd
08-17-2007, 09:47 AM
when I have the opportunity to get dressed about once or twice a month and whether or not I stay home or go out I always feel relaxed when dressed. I have also found dressing to be a great stress reliever for me personally.

sarah378619
08-17-2007, 10:10 AM
I understand what you mean it does take an effort io be en femme. There are also various degrees too.I don't do the make up thing that often, but I do put a bra,panties,and pantyhose to relax. if I have more time I'll put on a skirt/dress or blouse.I feel more comfortable when dressed, and I can relax when i feel more comfortable This is because I feel very feminine and I'm at peace when I indulge my femme self.Does that help?
Sarah

Cassy11
08-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Nothing takes away the stress of the day like dressing. Even if it's only a pair of hip huggers and flats (sorry Karren) my mind seems to shunt out the day and I focus on the present. Even when not fully dressed ( makeup, wig and forms) I feel calmer and less stressed.

Mikey
08-17-2007, 03:18 PM
I get home from work and I slip on a pair of silk slacks and a silk blouse and I find them to be sooo relaxing. I rarely ever go all out and do make up. I find the clothes to be the most relaxing part.

If I feel like letting my legs breathe I slip on one of my satin skirts. I always wear satin panties and they go with all of my outfits. Though I may wear my silk slacks without panties once in a while.

I have this wonderful white satin sleeveless top and black pleated satin skirt that I like to wear when I have had a really stressfull day.

Darlene-VA
08-18-2007, 03:27 PM
For me the whole process of the transformation takes any stress that I may have had totally away, from the minute I step in the shower till the final check in the mirror it is all good and so rewarding. And since I always dress all the way for my normal time dressed is almost always 8 to 12 hours being a complete woman is the way I stay happy

rachael devry
08-20-2007, 04:28 PM
i do dress up to relax. after a long day and a hot shower ill just dress in some lingerie. no makeup or wig. maybe just some panties and bra garters,nylons,and a teddie or even a tee shirt

MsEva
08-20-2007, 04:59 PM

Well said. I feel more at peace when dressed, for the most part and enjoy the everyday tasks that I would grudgingly do en drab. Works for me

MarinaTwelve200
08-20-2007, 05:13 PM

That is exactly how it is for me. When you "are" another person your own worries and stresses are left behind with the other self.

rachel_jean
08-20-2007, 06:08 PM
For myself, it provides a much needed mental break.

Just wish it could happen more often, though just putting on my denim skirt and heels does the trick may many times, when I only have a short while to dress.

Rachel Jean

Jennilouise
08-20-2007, 06:19 PM
for me it is a way to escape from my male side as i am now finding it very boring to be him and would rather be dressed 24/7 which at the moment is not going to happen in the near future

hunny67
08-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Even though i like my SO dressed & we have lots of fun etc i also like HIM around too. summer hols has been nice as he,s been dressed alot longer than usual as its hard when you have a 8yr old. so guess im saying i like it halfyhalfy.

Hunny67 GG

Amber CD
08-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm champing at the bit to dress up right now. Amber really wants to come out and play, and yet I can't find any panties or anything to wear.

That will be remedied very soon.

Val702
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
If I get to stay dressed up for a while It is relaxing. For a while when my wife was letting me do it. I would do the neglected house chores crossdressed. It was a great way to unwind.

Syndi
08-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I definately crossdress to relax at times.Just the clothes on my body is enough.Like others here I do wearpanties 24/7.I guess it is a small escape from reality.

Denise Marie
09-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Dressing on a hot summers day with all that makeup and wig,not very comfortable and certainly not very relaxing.I don't dress up in the summer time for that very reason.

Denise Marie

Jillm
09-16-2007, 07:20 AM
I’m more comfortable in a dress with heels then in drab, therefore I can be relaxed. I only put on makeup when going out, but it is a lot of work to relax, constantly plucking eyebrows, shaving legs and everything associated with it. If I go for a week without shaving my legs I can’t relax. If I can’t spend my weekends in a skirt I’m fidgety the whole next week. I can’t really explain it, I just feel better, better about myself when in a skirt and feeling better about myself helps me relax.

Twyla
09-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Not dressing brings frustration, iritation, even diziness, nothing is the way it should be, something is missing, you are nervous, don't like nothing, can't concentrate, can't focus on what you're doing, the whole life is a big sh*t.
All the above is gone as by magic when you dress as a woman. Life is nice again. I don't think you can find such potent medication in the drug stores.

I love the discomfort of the women's clothing. I would say it's the most comfortable discomfort. Tight skirts that forces you to make small steps, heels that makes you step more carefully, bras and corsets constricting your chest are all a constant reminder of what are you wearing. It's pure pleasure.

I don't use makeups and wigs. At the minimum, you need panties, an elasticated waist skirt, a top with spaghetti straps and heels. That requires 30 seconds to put on. You can add stay up stockings, bra, slip and finish all in a minute or two. OK, if you enjoy the dressing phase you can make it to take longer.

janet1234
09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I love to be dressed, it relaxes me, pleases me, I clean, cook, stay dressed all day if possible.