PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance . . . From Other Than SO

Sheri 4242
08-14-2007, 12:15 PM
We've had a "spiritual" thread on here lately -- and another recent one that deals with finding out one's dad is a crossdresser and asking about should this crossdresser be allowed to babysit his grandchildren from time-to-time, and other misconceived questions we've all heard before. The thread was from the crossdresser's grown and married daughter who had "accidentally" found out, and who went on to ask the traditional questions, like is my dad gay, etc. Was her dad a perv, etc.

Isn't it wonderful to hear stories like that of the adult child who stepped up to the plate and, by her very actions, showed that she supported her dad's crossdressing and his fem side, even when the crossdresser's wife was totally (and abusively?!) non-accepting?!!?!!?

We, from time-to-time, debate whether we should tell our children. And, I still maintain it is a matter that needs to be addressed situationally on a case-by-case basis. Of four adult children, I have two that there s NO doubt but that they would be incredibly NON-accepting -- that even mild tolerance would be too much for them to show. Then, I have two who are very accepting!!! What causes such diametrically opposed differences??????? Above and beyond these questions, it was so'ooo sad to learn of the death of Emily Ann's daughter!!! This was a child who was an anchor in re her dad being a crossdresser -- showing acceptance and encouragement!!!!!!! But that we could all find a magic key to have our children turn out that way!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

KandisTX
08-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Sheri,

I can always count on your posts to be informative and enlightening at the same time. I think you hit it right with it being wonderful to hear stories of our individual successes. Being a CD is not an easy part of life as we all know. Sure, there are some of us that had it "easy" from the beginning with mothers that supported us and such, but for the most part most of us have had to struggle our entire lives with this facet of our identity. We, as CDers are who we are and how we are because of an as yet unknown reason. We must first accept ourselves before we can expect anyone else to accept us, let alone support us.

Truly tragic to hear about Emily Ann's daughter. I know how important it is to have a daughter that knows, understands, and accepts US. My heart goes out to her knowing only that her own heart must be hurting deeply.

I certainly can hope that the information we have shared with that young woman who discovered her fathers secret will help her come to grips with things, and most of all I hope she talks to him, REALLY TALKS to him. That is the most important factor of our gaining acceptance is communication with those closest to us.

Kandis:love:

Sheri 4242
08-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Truly tragic to hear about Emily Ann's daughter. I know how important it is to have a daughter that knows, understands, and accepts US . . . I certainly can hope that the information we have shared with that young woman who discovered her fathers secret will help her come to grips with things, and most of all I hope she talks to him, REALLY TALKS to him. That is the most important factor of our gaining acceptance is communication with those closest to us.

That's it in a nutshell, Kandis!!!!!!!

I just got off the road (I'm still traveling and just couldn't drive another mile).

Anyway, for the last few hours I have been deeply thinking about the daughter who discovered that her dad was a crossdresser (and then the daughter came to this forum for advice) and, of course, I have been thinking about the tragic death of Emily Ann's daughter.

What occured to me while driving down the highway is exactly what I said to the GG who had accidently discoverd her dad was a CD. I said something to the effect that IMHO she needed to really think about what she was going to say b/c how (and even if) she approached her father could be the defining moment of their relationship -- forever!!! Think about it!!! How Emily Ann's daughter accepted an supported her dad's crossdressing, indeed, defined their closeness and love -- and although the daughter has died, Emily Ann will have the sweet memories that her daughter was so'ooo accepting (when EA's ex was not)!!! It is a precious memory!!!!!!!

~~~ Sheri ~~~

Carin's Wife GG
08-15-2007, 12:00 PM
of relatives and friends can be tremendously enriching. All of my family (mother, father, sister, brother in law and borther) knows of Carin and two of our children. A number of close and wonderful friends not in the CD community also know and have been supportive and truely love Carin. We are now in the process of telling the rest of our older children pretty soon.

That awful being near death experience has surely awakened me. For my children to truly know who their father is, i believe, their right and belongs within our family's truth, open honestly that will not do harm. To not do so goes against all we have taught them and ourselves over the years.

Knowing that Emily Annes daughter supported her father is awe inspiring! I cannot imagine the pain a parent must feel after the death of such a young and beautiful person. (Hugs) to Emily!

With Love,

Louise.