PDA

View Full Version : Identifying (is there a secret sign?)

Rachell
08-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is a significant sign for crossdressers? You know like the rainbow for gay and lesbiean. I am straight but would like to have some sort of secret sign that I know would identify me with other cders. If there isnt any mabybe we could come up with some sort of world wide sign. Like a pantie or bra necklace, I am sure there are more creative cders out there then me. I no good at it even in drag. I love this and all of you.
Rachell:D:D:D:D:D:D

switcheralso
08-14-2007, 12:51 PM
How about butterflies they are notable for their unusual life cycle.

Kieron Andrew
08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is a significant sign for crossdressers? You know like the rainbow for gay and lesbiean. I am straight but would like to have some sort of secret sign that I know would identify me with other cders. If there isnt any mabybe we could come up with some sort of world wide sign. Like a pantie or bra necklace, I am sure there are more creative cders out there then me. I no good at it even in drag. I love this and all of you.
Rachell:D:D:D:D:D:D
52098:D
http://www.gendertalk.com/info/tgsymbol.shtml

KandisTX
08-14-2007, 01:03 PM
I seem to remember when I was in San Diego CA, and a member of Neutral Corner, we had elected to use a crescent moon as a symbol for ourselves, something that we could all wear that would let other members know that we, like the moon, are "in phase" as it were.

Now, this of course could have been scarey if you approached a GG who was wearing a crescent moon and assumed she was a CD. ;) But, for the most of us, it seemed to work well in the Hillcrest area of SD. ;)

Kandis:love:

Karren H
08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I seriously doubt that we would ever come to an agreement on a unified symbol... Hell most of us girls can't even agree on which heels go with which dress!!!

:tongueout

Karren

Rachell
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey girls some good answers keep them coming, I love Karens way to go, I new this would be fun.:tongueout:hugs::love:
R.

PaulaJaneThomas
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Why not wear a dress? That would give other a clue :D

Marla S
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
There is a TG flag

Noel Chimes
08-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Can't use the cresent moon KandisTX. The muslims would have our heads. Both of them.:eek:

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-15-2007, 10:29 PM
There is a TG flag

I love the idea of the flag. We really need something to be able to identify one another when not dressed.

Cindi

trannie T
08-15-2007, 11:50 PM
After you have 50 posts we teach you the secret handshake.

Julogden
08-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Why not wear a dress? That would give other a clue :D
I was going to suggest lipstick. :heehee:

Stephenie S
08-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Well, that's it then.

A dress and some lipstick.

That's the secret sign. So everybody be on the lookout now. Remember, a dress and some lipstick, and you will know for sure.

But really now, I can't for the life of me figure out what we would do with a "secret" sign. If it's secret, then how would anybody know what it was, and if it wasn't a secret, then everyone would know what it was and what good would it do?

I'll tell you what. If you want to meet me, PM me and then when you are in the area, we can meet. Then we can discuss "secret" signs over lunch. How's that? Gee, I guess if we PM each other we won't need any "secret" signs after all, will we? Oh, well, another crazy idea down the drain.

I'm going to bed!

Lovies,
Stephenie

SweetCaroline
08-16-2007, 01:42 AM
How about a Dragonfly as our official symbol? I often go out wearing a Dragonfly brooch, because, get it? It's a DRAGonfly. LOL!

I'm altho thilly BTW!:p

Fab Karen
08-16-2007, 03:22 AM
WHAT?! You don't know? Just how did you get in here?( "eyes wide shut" moment: "I'm going to have to ask you to give the password" ) :D

Angela Burke
08-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Don't shave for a couple of days then go out and about in a skirt.
It's a dead giveaway, all the other CDrs will immediately know you're
one of the girls.
Unfortunately so will a lot of other people who are not so nearly as tolerant
as CDrs.
Seriously though I don't know of any "secret sign" that could be given
when not en femme.
How about just an ordinary handshake but with pale pink nail varnish?
Or how about curtseying and holding out a pretend skirt when greeting
a total stranger (hmmmm perhaps not).
I would love to know if there is a genuine CDrs greeting.
Surely with the almost limitless human imagination there must be.
And if there isn't one I'm sure the wealth of talent on this forum could come up with one.

Bernadina
08-16-2007, 10:02 AM
This has been bashed around a number of times. Everything from butterflies and symbol pins to mobius rings.

The problem is that anything that is discrete enough is too small to be easily spotted by the other person. That is if we could agree on something in the first place.

How about something obvious like a pink nametag that says:

Hi my name is Jo, I'm a CD. :)

Robin Leigh
08-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Here are some links to earlier threads on this very topic. The top one is a poll.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11017
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15406
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60819

I still think the big problem with this idea is that it identifies us to enemies as well as friends.

Robin

Jamie001
08-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I am very easily identifiable. When I am in drab-mode all that you have to do is look at my feet. You will usually see low-heel women's sandals and my perfectly pedicured bright red toenails. Even though I am in drab mode, I am really a girly-girl. :happy:

Kate Simmons
08-16-2007, 01:25 PM
I still like the idea of something simple but obvious. Such as the finger on the nose signal from the movie "The Sting". That has probably been forgotten for the most part and most of this generation probably doesn't even know what it is.:happy:

Suzannecd
08-16-2007, 04:54 PM
After a few :drink: , I thought about this one for some reason.
Are you looking For a sign to wear as a male, to indicate you are a crossdreser?
A butterfly might work well if you are dressed and out, but may not be a very good idea at the NRA Convention (:praying:as I am trying to :chained:). :rofl:

so maybe use the butterfly with a pink stone if you are dressed.
But it would be nice to identify as a male if he may be cd. Some type of jewelery that a man can wear publicly to identify one another. Like maybe something that is out there already or something new. Hopefully someone is creative enough to come up with something.
You know a cocoon (male) changes into a butterfly (female)
or a Circle (female) in the Square (male) necklace might be something to look at?? Just some :drink: thoughts gurls.

don't :rofl: too hard

Suzanne :drink:

Angela Burke
08-17-2007, 06:01 AM
I still like the idea of something simple but obvious. Such as the finger on the nose signal from the movie "The Sting". That has probably been forgotten for the most part and most of this generation probably doesn't even know what it is.:happy:

In the Stephen King T.V. series "Kingdom Hospital", (no I don't know what it was about either) one of the doctors used a secret sign where he made a fist, then stuck his thumb in his mouth, made like he was blowing up a balloon and raised his pinky in the air.
This of course might be deemed as insulting behavior by certain sections of the public, (the sane people!).
Don't we have any budding or even budded artists here (there must be) who could design a logo of some sort?
I'm going to have a stab at one over the weekend, I'll post my effort on Monday.

Dita_B
08-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Marla S's flag... is simple and can be worn as a pin on my drab jacket without being too flashy. And when one asked what it is, then you know he's no CD...

:love:Dita.

Sadie J
08-17-2007, 08:28 AM
As a new girl here, I probably don't have much say, but the flag is really not a bad idea. It might just catch on, and start a new trend....

Angela Burke
08-21-2007, 05:41 AM
How about T-shirts?
Here's a few suggestions!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z266/angelaexex/tshirts.jpg

Emily Ann Brown
08-21-2007, 08:19 AM
There was a Tshirt I saw in a store (wonder how many they really sold) that said "I'm secretly a crossdresser..OOPS!"

Emily Ann

Sky
08-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi all, I was wondering if there is a significant sign for crossdressers?

A garter belt over a beer belly.

Veris
08-21-2007, 09:21 AM
I like the t-shirt ideas, but then.. the colors may clash, it may be too obvious, it might only come in pink... Never know what could happen! ^_^

However, I remember seeing a 'stealth' symbol that was used for a different group entirely (A-sexuals) that seemed to work, well, flawlessly :)

It's just their website's initials (AVEN) but subtle, and it doesn't hint at the real idea unless you know about it. They did the nice thing and made stickers/bumper stickers/t-shirts/hats etc. for it. But a pen like that for CDs that could be worn en femme or not would probably work wonders ^^; If we could agree on the symbol :tongueout

Here's a link to the picture I'm thinking of, if it's allowed.
http://images.cafepress.com/product/24373549_240x240_Front.jpg