PDA

View Full Version : Nervous and excited about fellow CD encounter tonight

Jill
08-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Once upon a time I met another CDer on this forum who lived locally and shared common things. (Usernam is Amy.) He's not someone who as posted on here often and doesn't CD quite as actively as I do. We met once in person dressed in normal clothes, he had done a very nice thing for me and purchased two mini skirts at the mall for me, which we exchanged over a taco. Mostly, we just communicate via email but tonight we are planning a little adventure together that entails being dressed. We're both in the closet so it's going to be kind of a shady ordeal.

What I am concerned about is this situation. Two fairly normal, straight guys getting together to dress in womens clothing where they will hang out together. The intentions are completely harmless but the whole thing just feels... strange. I want to go for sure and will if everything goes through but I'm hoping to hear from some of you who have spent time with another CD or have CD friends. Especially about your first time being with them and what it was like, if it was strange for you. What was good and about it? What did you like or dislike? Is there any advice or help that can be given. Anyones input on this would be much appreciated.

chucks
08-14-2007, 05:51 PM
i'd say just make sure you're out in public and not much can go wrong.

AmandaM
08-14-2007, 07:27 PM
It could be a concern. If you're alone. Hmmm. Y'know, I am attracted to hot girls and hot CDs, but I'm married. I try not to put myself in a position with a hot girl and me alone. It's not appropriate. I don't think I'd do anything, but why temp fate? Are you at all attracted to this person?

Phoebe Reece
08-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Jill, your situation reminds me a lot of what it was like for me back in the 1970's. Back then I would sometimes meet other crossdressers in their homes (or at my own home) or at motel rooms - if they were just in from out of town. We would be dressed (I would usually dress at home beforehand) and would chat and perhaps look at each other's photo albums (if available), or exchange crossdressing books and magazines (yes, they existed back then). On rare occassions we might go out to someplace public. All very innocent, but certainly strange if one were to think about it too much. But the contentment that came from being able to openly discuss crossdressing with another CD face to face far out weighed any initial feelings of strangeness about the situation.

I would suggest that after the two of you get dressed, you go out somewhere, such as a bar, restaurant. mall, or whatever. Whatever sense of stragneness you may have about the situation will disappear with the flood of other feelings you will get from being out in public.

RobertaFermina
08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
You can go anywhere as long as your intentions are good.

Beyond that, the only negative thing is someone else's judgments and intentions.

Do you trust the other CD's intentions ? Yes? All good !

No? think twice, and hedge your bets, diminish risk wherever you can while providing enough opportunity to have a successful outing.

If you can't provide that opportunity...it ain't worth it.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Jodi
08-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I have a very good friend that is a cd. We have been friends for about 7 years. I met her originally at one of our Erie galas. We go out together as two girls frequently. We always enjoy each other's company.

What makes us friends is not that both of us are cd's. What makes the friendship is that we have many things and interests in common. We also trust each other on what one says and does.

My take is that if a friendship is based solely on the fact that both of you are cd's, then it is a shallow relationship and it is bound to fail.

Jodi

jennifer ann
08-15-2007, 05:25 AM
I have met a couple of different cd's at their homes or motels because we both wanted to dress up and share make up sercrets or just do some girl talk. I made sure in the begining that whom ever I was meeting that NOTHING!!! was going to happen i am married plain and simple. Usually if someone has other intensions they will make excusses and not show up once I got that point across. I am always ready to just walk out the door at anytime if thing were taken otherwise and just change back somewhere on the way home. Yes it was very nerve racking at first, but after we both dressed and started sharring make up tips and different hair styles it was more comfortable for both of us. Now I have a nice group of friends that we all get together and have dress up partys once a month.

Tina Dixon
08-15-2007, 06:12 AM
I think your making it in to a situation, just have fun.

Dita_B
08-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Don't worry I did just that yesterday. I went for a girls day on the town with another local CD I never met before...

We had a swell time together and I am working on a report of how the day went which I will post later today in a separate thread. I will post a picture of both of us as well with all the shopping bags. We were dangerous together as we both like to shop for bargains and we found lots... Shoes, skirts, dresses, the works...

So be adventurous... The most satisfaction in life normally comes from things you do that require stepping out of your comfort zone...

Till later...:love:Dita.

DonnaT
08-15-2007, 06:51 AM
I've met some from this and other forums, and in both drab and drag. It seemed more comfortable when in drag. Can't say why. So, if you've already met in drab, then meeting in drag should go just as well if not better. IMHO.

Lisa Golightly
08-15-2007, 06:56 AM
There was a time when an awful lot of people wanted to meet me... They were all very nice people, and I had some great times. I think if you've been in contact for a while you generally know what they're about...

erickka
08-15-2007, 07:21 AM
As in any first meeting, it will feel odd. Keep your guard ready, and leave yourself an "out" , but relax enough to enjoy your evening.

Wendy me
08-15-2007, 07:26 AM
you already have met .... now getting together for some dressing .... go slow enjoy and have fun.... i think your going to have some fun ..... enjoy........

JoAnnDallas
08-15-2007, 08:48 AM
First time I meat another CDer was at HEF2006. I was surprised at how calm I was. I look back and can see that I did not consisder them male. I was dressed, they were dressed, I felt female, they looked female. So I was just another female among other females. At least that is how it felt. I have since joined and gone to my local Tri-Ess meetings and have felt great.

gennee
08-15-2007, 09:23 AM
I undererstand your nervousness, Jill. Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous when first met other CD's. Just enjoy yourself and have fun.

Gennee

:happy:

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-15-2007, 09:23 AM
I meet up with a bunch of my "girlfriends every month at our Tri-ess meeting and then we go out to the bar sometimes. It is very fun and exhilirating to be with other girls that have the same interest as me. What's the problem with a couple of girls getting together for a night out on the town? If you are worried why not go to a movie, it's pretty dark in there and does not allow for a lot of talk during the show. You can converse freely before and then if you have a good time you can carry the conversation on at a resteraunt or bar. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Emily Ann Brown
08-15-2007, 09:50 AM
If you know the other person and their intentions (and they match yours) then go for it. I meet others frequently...it's awesome just being a couple of girlfriends out enjoying the commonality and time.

Emily Ann

AmandaM
08-15-2007, 10:56 AM
I was just contacted by another CDer here and they wanted to go out as girls and explicitly said just as friends. Unfortunately, I still have too much muscle weight to lose and can't go out enfemme like a few years ago. But! It would have been great! The point is, this person told me "as girls, and as friends". Which is great. :) Make sure you know the parameters you are working under.

Melinda G
08-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Wow! Two heterosexual crossdressers getting together. Hmmm. Given that most CDing is sexually driven, you can expect the hormones to be flowing on both sides. Will you be looking at each other as a couple guys? Will you both be shaved? Will you see each other as attractive women? If you look too good, the knowlege that you are a guy may be suppressed by what you or he sees. The brain tends to accept what it sees. Sort of like the desire to eat that shiny plastic apple. Great potential for things to get out of control. I don't want to miss a single exciting episode of this mini series. Keep us informed! :D

roberta1945
08-15-2007, 03:18 PM
i would love to meet someone in my aera to hang out with in drab and possably go some place. :hugs:to dress together it would be fun.
as long as u go for fun nothing bad will happen:rolleyes:

:love: roberta 1945

Merinda
08-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Children are prone to predators on the internet and this can also apply to us , I would attend but tread cautiously until you know this person properly.

I have met up with a CD from the internet that turned into a good friendship over the years , I started by meeting this person in drab and had a good chat along with some femme shopping.
This person proved genuine and we met dressed at a club together and kept the friendship.

Basically I'm saying start off with a yellow light and hopefully it will turn green for you.

Melinda G
08-15-2007, 03:48 PM
as long as u go for fun nothing bad will happen
Heh heh heh. Famous last words.:D

Something about the road being paved with good intentions.

Bridget Fitzgerald
08-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Watch yourself. While riding in a suburban a cd I met was driving she proceeded to show me the .45 she carries for protection. Skipped a beat or two there

Melinda G
08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Never underestimate the power of the sex drive. You just may look better than this guys girlfriend. Or he may not have one.

Joy Carter
08-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Never underestimate the power of the sex drive. You just may look better than this guys girlfriend. Or he may not have one.

Whew! I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. Us Yettie's are no know for our looks. BTW: A Yettie is Mount Everest's version of big foot. LoL

DonnaT
08-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Wow! Two heterosexual crossdressers getting together. Hmmm. Given that most CDing is sexually driven, you can expect the hormones to be flowing on both sides.

An unfounded generalization, the phrase: "most CDing is sexually driven."

Some is some ain't, and we have no data to support the term "most".

My CDing is driven by my trans nature, not my sexual nature.

Amy
08-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi I'm Amy,
I haven't come here regularly in a real long time but I would have thought that some of you would have remembered me. Anyways, me and "Jill" hung out for about an hour last night. I wont lie it was a wierd experiance being around an other guy in a dress but it was good. Neither of us have really been able to talk face to face with some one about this much so it was kind of nice that way. This was in no way a romantical get together.

Jill was one of the first people I met when I first came here back in 2004 and have kept in contact since then. We had a good talk. I was a little nervious at first but then it was like when you find out some one likes the same book as you and you can go off on it. We talked about shoes and clothes and how some times crossdressing sucks the life out of you.

Oh yeah, It kind of sounded like I bought Jill those skirts as a present or something. It's not like that. I haven't really ever had a problem buying stuff from a store where as Jill only buys online. So, that's the only reason I bought them was so Jill wouldn't have to go it the store to buy them, he payed for them.

Marcie Sexton
08-15-2007, 06:17 PM
There is some really good advice here, but when you get right down toit you need to think about a couple of things...

What am I looking for, what will I tolerate and how far will I go...

We are all adults and should have some sense of responsibility for our actions...

I would love to meet a gurl in my area meet either in drag or drab...just no one around my area...

Enjoy your time out and use common sense...

Michelia
08-15-2007, 06:32 PM
It all seems too complicated and over-analyzed. Just go out and have a good time. From what I undestand it is really hard to establish relations with other CErs. They don't show up. They are not reliable and disappear and you have to be ready for anything.

So just treat it like any other encounter and find out what each other wants. At worst, you won't see this person again. At best you may find a friend or lover. I go out with GG's or other males and sometimes my wife is not there. There is always potential... But you need to know what you want and set your limits early on. My GG won't let me see other CDs but we are working on that.

If you never take a chance you won't find out. It may bomb. But I think it would be nice for all of us if we could have a CD friend we could share and talk with.

Michelia

Amy
08-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Um Hi,
I guess you didn't see that I posted. It's done we hung out for about an hour last night we just talked. That's all that happened. It's really not that big a deal we've talked for like four years. We're both straight so we didn't find any new "lover" and neither of us attacted the other.

Angie G
08-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I'd think it would be like 2 friend going fishing or playing a round f gulf just 2 guy doing what they like to do :hugs:
Angie

AmandaM
08-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Um Hi,
I guess you didn't see that I posted. It's done we hung out for about an hour last night we just talked. That's all that happened. It's really not that big a deal we've talked for like four years. We're both straight so we didn't find any new "lover" and neither of us attacted the other.

We didn't think anything would happen. It was that the original poster seemed nervous and we didn't know why.

Chelseaswpa
08-16-2007, 05:10 AM
Whew! I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. Us Yettie's are no know for our looks. BTW: A Yettie is Mount Everest's version of big foot. LoL

PSST- I hear Joy carries a big wrench with her:heehee:

I have met with other CD's and thoroughly enjoy it. Of course anytime you meet someone on the net- one must be rather cautious. This particular person and myself talked for weeks on Yahoo b4 meeting, and if you ask a lot of questions and the same ones in different ways I get a pretty good feel for their honesty and integrity. There are definitely some nut jobs out there tho. It is just so nice to actually meet face to face and talk about all the stuff we do on here over a drink or something.

DonnaT
08-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi Amy, good to hear y'all managed to get together.