PDA

View Full Version : exercise

JOEY88
08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
i love exercising but I'm afraid of becoming more masculine than i already am any advise

KateSpade83
08-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Try bicyclling, it worked for me. Made me a slim size 4. And those $1 Banquet TV dinners are like mini diets.

Karren H
08-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Ice hockey works for me!!! Builds up the legs and lower body, very little upper body workout.. Anyway I have a wussy slap shot!! But a good wrist shot.... And I can take out my aggressive fem behavior on checking my oponents out of the rink!! lol

Karren

steffie39
08-14-2007, 11:11 PM
I like to walk, ride a bike and swim. I think this has enhanced my femme appearance but not made me more masculine.

Steffie

AmandaM
08-14-2007, 11:25 PM
I am walking/running on the treadmill. I don't do other exercises until I lose enough weight, then maybe I'll add in some other things.

SatinDoll00
08-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Ice hockey works for me!!! Builds up the legs and lower body, very little upper body workout.. Anyway I have a wussy slap shot!! But a good wrist shot.... And I can take out my aggressive fem behavior on checking my oponents out of the rink!! lol

Karren

I play hockey too!! Unfortunately, I am more of the 'goon' enforcer type.

If I can't Crosscheck, I can always Crossdress...and hit 'em with my purse!!! :)

Morgan

Oddlee
08-15-2007, 12:50 AM
I swim and cycle. Any high repetition, low resistance exercise will get you in good condition and burn calories without adding bulk. There is a specific heart-rate range to maintain if your goal is to burn calories (around 65% of max heart rate, if I remember properly). This is basically aerobic exercise, and can take on other forms, such as running, stair machines, spin classes...

Diet is probably at least as important as exercise if your goal is to slim down as well as get fit (there can be fit people who have body fat...) If you belong to a health club, it will have people who can recommend an exercise regimen based on your goals.

I am built like a male (semi-unfortunately-I enoy my masculinity as well as my female side) swimmer, with more shoulders than hips. I have to wear skirts with a lot of built-in hip to look "right." I'm fortunate to be pretty slender, which I maintain with the swimming, cycling, and food intake control...

Lee

RobertaFermina
08-15-2007, 12:57 AM
I don't exercise much lately. just eat really well balanced diet - no "rewards" or snacks or desserts...not even beer.

It's not for everyone......

:rose: roberta :rose:

SatinDoll00
08-15-2007, 02:59 AM
I don't exercise much lately. just eat really well balanced diet - no "rewards" or snacks or desserts...not even beer.

It's not for everyone......

:rose: roberta :rose:

Not even beer??

Wow.

I could not live without beer...unless there was wine...or vodka...or tequila...or, well, you get the point!! :)

Seriously, good for you sweetie!!!

Morgan

Elsbeth
08-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Try bicyclling, it worked for me. Made me a slim size 4. And those $1 Banquet TV dinners are like mini diets.

+1 on bicycling. Great legs and smaller upper body.

El

Kristen Marie
08-15-2007, 02:21 PM
For me its running, some strength training with a lot of repetitions at a weight (toning), and diet. I've dropped 40 lbs and I have not bulked up at all.

Satrana
08-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Swimming is your best bet for exercise without building up muscle mass. It is aerobic and tones the whole body with little likelihood of injury or stress. The breaststroke should be your main activity for obvious reasons!

RobertaFermina
08-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Not even beer??

Wow.

I could not live without beer...unless there was wine...or vodka...or tequila...or, well, you get the point!! :)

Seriously, good for you sweetie!!!

Morgan

No alcohol.
I'm on a zero-tolerance lifestyle with regards to "high glycemic load/index foods". Think South-Beach Diet Phase I - strict, and effective.

If you are not an addict, no problem. You can have alcohol or m&m's now and again without finding yourself waking up in a strange place, with an empty wallet, curry stains on your dress, with the smell of twinkies on your breath......

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Alicia_lynn419
08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
What I really want to see improved are my abs... Dad's side of the family has a little roundness to the belly. I watch my diet, and am not fat, but would really like to flatten my belly more than anything. I'm sure there has got to be more effective ways to focus on that area than just plain old sit ups...

clemsontv2002
08-15-2007, 05:00 PM
do lots of cardio not weight training

Veronica 1
08-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Better than sit-ups are crunches, lay flat on your back with the knees raised and curl your upper body up about 45 degrees and hold for 30 seconds. Slowly lower back to the floor and repeat. The isometric action really helps as does twisting to the side slightly to get those side muscles. Now I just have to follow my own advice. lol

Dragster
08-15-2007, 08:01 PM
What's wrong with a little muscle? I love that picture of Kelly Holmes winning the Olympic 800 metre title in Athens 2004, showing off her trim waist, 6-pack and with muscly arms aloft as she crossed the line. She's still all woman, and looked fabulous in her gown for the ball.

Tony

Deidra Cowen
08-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Check out Renee's Site. I followed her plan and did pretty well:

http://www.reneereyes.com/Webdocs/tipsexerc.html

Chelseaswpa
08-16-2007, 05:01 AM
No alcohol.
I'm on a zero-tolerance lifestyle with regards to "high glycemic load/index foods". Think South-Beach Diet Phase I - strict, and effective.

If you are not an addict, no problem. You can have alcohol or m&m's now and again without finding yourself waking up in a strange place, with an empty wallet, curry stains on your dress, with the smell of twinkies on your breath......

:rose: Roberta :rose:

NO BEER! yikes!:drink: It is football season girls! Agreed alcohol devastates any diet- so I try not to have any during the week and then have some on Saturday and Sunday, 'cause watchin' the game without beer is just down right un- American:heehee:
I have really been slacking on my workouts tho- mostly treadmill- I have too much arm muscle already- so try to stay with the cardio stuff. I get an email daily from Jill Michaels and she has some really good stuff on diet and exercise :2c:

joann07
08-16-2007, 08:03 AM
For me, I stay in shape by doing a lot of Salsa dancing and eating healthy, but not dieting. That is, drinking water and orange juice; eating chicken or fish (i.e. tuna, salmon); eating fruits and vegetables (salads, bananas, apples, oranges); eating cereal. I also, try not to eat late at night, or past 8:00PM. Every now and then I'll drink a Coke or a Pepsi; eat fast-food; treat myself to a steak or burger; eat my favorite Hooters chicken wings; or whatever I'm in the mood for so its a nice little treat for myself.
Anyway, I've lost a number of pounds that my waist size has gone done almost two sizes, but I know I don't want to lose too much so now I just need to maintain.

eliot
08-16-2007, 09:50 AM
:Bicycling and hiking do it for me. Used to run, but the knees told me to stop. Fitting into size 10 outfits is certainly an incentive but looking at other codgers my age is an even greater one. At my advanced age, I am most grateful for each outing on my bike and also each outing en femme! Watching my diet and staying away from too much wine :drink:are also part of my regimen.

JOEY88
08-16-2007, 10:03 PM
wow thanks Ive ben doing like 3 miles a day on the treadmill and working upper and lower bodie on separate days i want to change my upper routine tho its ben like 2 weeks and I'm already getting buff Ive noticed when i get to the machines at the gym after the ggs leave I'm doing the same weight how come i look so much stronger,thanks for all the advise its nice that people here don't just say they care they actually try to help someone i love you girls