PDA

View Full Version : Where to But Foam Padding

Tamera
08-15-2007, 10:18 AM
My Foam padding for my Hips and rear area is starting to need replacement. I have been to Michael's and other Arts and Crafts shops but have not found exactly what I am looking for.
Does anyone have ideas where to go? I am sure I will have to cut them down to fit.
Hugs,
Tamera

Dayna
08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Tamera,

Go to a fabric store (Hancocks, etc.), one that carries heavy fabrics for re-covering furniture. They will carry the dense foam rubber that is in your sofa cushions -- and presuamably in your butt cushion as well! :D

Bring your checkbook, because the the stuff isn't cheap... on the plus side, it does not take a lot to fashion a hiney and some hips, so you might be able to pick up a remnant.

Might not be the most exciting CD shopping you've ever done, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Good luck,

Tamera
08-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks Dayna,
Ever since I been losing weight, I have lost my butt and love handles, Of course never had much to begin with but now they are REALLY GONE.
Huggies,
Tamera

Kristen Marie
08-15-2007, 02:16 PM
I've been experimenting with more hips too. Losing weight is good, but we lose it first in our hips and butt, and then our gut....figures. I have use 1" shoulder pads from garment stores and attach to of them together. It provides a nice tapered shaping line that I wear under panty hose and they never move. However, I find I could use more so I am experimenting with the larger pieces of foam now. Just don't like smelling like foam rubber....

"Mary"
08-15-2007, 09:01 PM
I've made some OK pads, but am looking to make a better set. See some recent posts on this.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60517&highlight=pads
I believe the key to this better set will be to use more layers of thinner foam, as the writer suggests. I've had good luck with a top layer of poly batting, that I will continue to incorperate in my next set.

Diana

Chelseaswpa
08-16-2007, 04:51 AM
Does anyone use those padded panties that are available? Being a relative newbie, was wondering if they work or is it better just to make your own? I have a little (no) butt, and want to wear jeans when the weather gets cooler so tell me sisters:hugs:

yms
08-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Does anyone use those padded panties that are available? Being a relative newbie, was wondering if they work or is it better just to make your own? I have a little (no) butt, and want to wear jeans when the weather gets cooler so tell me sisters:hugs:

The best one I ever found is sold by Frishmans in the Bronx. They are a great store and very reliable and do a lot of business with the CD community.

Padded Brief (http://www.frish.com/index.php3?SCREEN=item&item=337&department=811)

Hope this helps!
Yvonne

Sally24
08-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Does anyone use those padded panties that are available?\

I tried them but most have small pads with a definite edge. If you're wearing anything light or clingy they show as bumps instead of curves. Making your own or buying expensive foundations like veronicas is the better option.

Tamera
08-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Ok Girls,
Here are a couple of pics with my new Hip-Hugger Jeans I bought. Underneath is a pair of Padded Boy Shorts that I bought on ebay from a seller called sexy2see. Then I took the hip pads from a padded girdle and placed them in the hip area(They don't move, there is no room too:happy:).

As you can see NO BUMPS and Looks REAL NICE....52196

Veronica 1
08-16-2007, 06:48 PM
looking good, hon.

Patty
08-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Looks very good :hugs:

Tamera
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Thank You,
It wasn't easy and still workin at it.
Huggies,