PDA

View Full Version : I Went to Work Today Disguised as a Woman

windycissy
08-15-2007, 05:41 PM
I had to go to the courthouse this morning to look for some information, and I decided to do it as a chick. I figured I'd be surrounded by lawyers and legal secretaries, so I wore a conservative dress and heels. First I had to put my purse on a conveyor belt and go through the xray machine, then I went to the window where they pull case files for the public to look at....I had to fill out a form which I did using my first initial instead of my first name, when the woman asked me for my driver's license I told her sweetly that I forgot it, and she said as long as I didn't need to copy anything she'd let me sit where she could keep an eye on me! She came back a few minutes later with two huge files each the size of the Chicago phone book, and I spent the next few hours pawing through them, taking notes....it was so amazing to be doing my job dressed as a woman! Finally I found just what I was looking for, and I noticed that by then another woman was working the counter, so I asked her if I could get a copy made. She sent me over to the cashier's window, I payed cash with money from my purse, and went back and got the document - paydirt! I had the biggest smile on my face all the way home, to think I was getting paid to dress up, and was able to do my job that way, what a rush! I snapped a blurry picture of Windy Cissy undercover, here it is:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d634b3127cceba43cf81aef300000025108IatWLlw0aW

SherriePall
08-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Way to go! You just lived out the fantasy of many of us here on the forum. Working as Lois Lane is a lot nicer than as Clark Kent, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing the story and pic.

AllieSF
08-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Just another boring day at work. I would love to see a clearer pic of your outfit. It looks blurringly feminine and sharp. Keep blazing those new trails, which will definitley open up other ones. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle S
08-15-2007, 06:31 PM
That's wonderful to hear! :happy: Did you have any concerns about your voice giving you away? Did you worry about running into someone you know? Just curious. I am very happy for you!

SatinDoll00
08-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Kudos...I am so envious!!

You look great in the pic too!! I will bet my best bra that no one even read you as a man!!!

Your story made me smile on an otherwise crappy day!!

Morgan

RobertaFermina
08-15-2007, 07:08 PM
I Hate You,
I Hate You,
I Love You !!!!

:hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Kristen Marie
08-15-2007, 07:15 PM
That is sooo awesome. I got to see the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals courtroom on my trip to Chicago, but as a guy. Kristen would have loved to experience it!!

I am soooo jealous!!!

mskilmer
08-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Sounds like a great time! But didn't it wear you out? Stuff like that always keeps me so keyed up I just seem to fall apart when I get home. Nice going ... and most of all thanks for sharing with us and allowing us to have a little vicarious excitement with you!

Angie G
08-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Cool that must of beeb a real high point for you :hugs:
Angie

Wenda
08-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow, what a great experience. Congratulations! w

Chiana
08-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Awesome. You are so brave. Way to go.

windycissy
08-15-2007, 10:51 PM
That's wonderful to hear! :happy: Did you have any concerns about your voice giving you away? Did you worry about running into someone you know? Just curious. I am very happy for you!

I always have concerns about my voice giving me away, but I kept it short and sweet today, and I also brought a note (I can write like a girl) that I handed to the clerk with all the information she needed....if I did run into somebody I knew, I honestly don't think they'd recognize me unless I panicked and gave myself away, I do look quite a bit different as a guy!

dakota_ann69
08-16-2007, 04:23 AM
way to go, i could absolutely never get away with this. I am so jealous!!

Noel Chimes
08-16-2007, 09:37 PM
You have got to be on :c9: after all of that. I mean mingling with the real world and getting paid for it. What more could a girl ask for.:yrtw:

SBryder
08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow, I'm so impressed! I could never do that... I wear my real hair when I dress, so I'd be recognized right away, even dolled up...

windycissy
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Awesome. You are so brave. Way to go.

Thanks, but the only scary part was going through the metal detector while being scrutinized by two armed guards….after I put my purse on the conveyor, I remembered too late that I was wearing earrings, a pearl necklace, a bracelet….fortunately they must set them to allow women to pass with their jewelry, so I “passed” too!

ronni
08-17-2007, 01:46 PM
How fun!
You did look sweet from what I can tell

Deidra Cowen
08-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Thats a gutsy and very kewl adventure sweetie...way to go!

windycissy
08-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Just another boring day at work. I would love to see a clearer pic of your outfit. It looks blurringly feminine and sharp. Keep blazing those new trails, which will definitley open up other ones. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a better picture of me in the dress I wore to the courthouse. I haven't worn nylons all summer, but I've noticed that lady lawyers wear them a lot and it was early in the day before it gets so hot, so I slipped on a pair which made my heels much more comfy...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d634b3127cceba0474578e2500000000108IatWLlw0aW

vikki2020
08-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Way to go Windy! Thats got to be the ultimate test, and I guess you passed with straight A's!Was the courthouse downtown?On my next time out, I'm going to try walking around downtown or near north.Keep on Truckin' girl!