PDA

View Full Version : This is starting to spook me

Veronica 1
08-15-2007, 06:38 PM
I went out today and bought a couple of pairs of shoes, a pair of cream coloured pumps with a 2 1/2" spike heel and a pair of ankle-strap sandles, silver with 4" block heel. $4 a pair at the thrift store, woo hoo! What I find spooky is that I have never worn heels in my life and I put the pumps on and started walking in them like I had worn them all my life. Not even one heel roll or anything, (and I was worried about breaking my ankle if I ever wore them.) They are also the most comfortable thing that I have ever had on my feet. The sandles on the other hand could be a problem, my little toe ends up pressing into one of the straps and the ankle straps won't fit my elephant ankles, but that can all be fixed I guess with a little stretching.
On a side note, I also got my first make-up ever and will be trying it out. Just hope that I don't end up looking like a racoon. lol

Kristen Marie
08-15-2007, 07:16 PM
You go girl....that is awesome!!!

Veronica 1
08-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Haven't taken them off yet, they are great!! Only one drawback, though. I am 2 1/2" taller and keep banging my hand on the fridge shelf when I reach for a beer. lol

_Cecilie_
08-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Haven't taken them off yet, they are great!! Only one drawback, though. I am 2 1/2" taller and keep banging my hand on the fridge shelf when I reach for a beer. lol

lol It's really great to find good shoes, and when you just wanna wear 'em all the time.

SandyR
08-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the club! Glad to have you!

Heels rock!

SsndyR

mellissa
08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
or too look like a panda either that would be a problem

i wish i could go too a thrift store a good samy over here in australia too get shoes but just cant do it

melly

Veronica 1
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, Panda it was. Too dark of a foundation and silver eyes. :drink: Well, at least it will probably work well for my legs, give a suntanned appearance.

Bunny Love
08-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Just a suggestion, get a self-tanner for your legs. Don't use the foundation for your legs. It will not stay and will rub off on everything. :eek: Self-tanner will not do that.

:2c:

paulaN
08-15-2007, 10:04 PM
doesn't everyone have to do a panda, it's a right of passage.he he.

Ema1234 GG
08-16-2007, 04:37 AM
They are also the most comfortable thing that I have ever had on my feet.

Say that again when you've spent all day in then on your feet for the entire day, and try walking outside! An entirely different kettle of fish! :devil:

Tiffy
08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Keep it up love. I wish I had that problem but needing a 17EEE in heels leaves me wanting them and not wearing any. Someday I will get some.

Tiffany

Hippy Chic's Chick
08-16-2007, 08:51 AM
LOL :D

HC tried his first pair of heels last night and I said pretty much the same. He replied, "Ouch!"

Shoes do feel good though, there is no such thing as having too many pairs of shoes. :)

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the shoe club, I have 40 plus pairs and in a pinch I can use my daughters shoes also and she comes by her love for heels honestly, she gets it from me. I wear a size 10.5 or 11 and my daughter wears 10 or 10.5 so I can usually wear hers when she is not looking,ha, ha. I love my shoes and make up, my wife turned me on to Bare escentuals and I really like it.
When I finally kick the bucket I want to come back as a pair of high heels, woman and I just love them.

Veronica 1
08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Say that again when you've spent all day in then on your feet for the entire day, and try walking outside! An entirely different kettle of fish! :devil:

I went for a walk in them after it got dark last night, even checked out gravel. They are not much different on the sidewalk than they are on tile, but the little rocks in the gravel can be devastating in spikes. Dressed in drab, but wearing heels. lol If anybody asked, was was going to say it was to win a $50 bet with my wife.
Came home early from work and put them on and they only feel better. :D

Toyah
08-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Sounds like you are a natural hun

Angie G
08-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I was always able to walk in heels from the start :hugs:
Angie

Veronica 1
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Sounds like you are a natural hun

I wouldn't go quite that far, I tried out the 4" block heeled sandles today and it is a whole different story with them.

DianaGomez
08-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Same thing happened to me. What I found really special was my new height! I felt queen of the universe!

Kerrie Sifton
08-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Thanks Ronnie. I was trying to restrain myself this week after buying 3 skirts and one cute satiny tshirt top, now you have inspired me to get going to the shoe store to buy some shoes to match ,..... and i was going to wait......but if 2 1/2 inch shoes are easier than my 4 inch, I am there!! :D