PDA

View Full Version : Summers end

Regina girl
08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Today the house is some what empty at the end of summer and the first time in a few months that I have been able to dress up. Do you girls find it is hard to dress at this time of the year and what are your feelings when you slip those pretty clothes on and feel the heels on your feet. Do you like me feel like twirling around the house so free and relaxed again. Yes i am dressed again and feeling so good even catching up with all the news and the girls.

Luv Regina :hugs::D

Deidra Cowen
08-15-2007, 09:41 PM
I will be glad when summer is over. Really makes it tough to go out during the day enfemme when it is 102 degrees outside here in Atlanta. I went shopping last Saturday and left at 9:30am to beat da heat. By 2 or so when I was finished it was makeup melting hot out there!

Jocelyn Quivers
08-15-2007, 10:05 PM
I will be glad when summer is over. Really makes it tough to go out during the day enfemme when it is 102 degrees outside here in Atlanta. I went shopping last Saturday and left at 9:30am to beat da heat. By 2 or so when I was finished it was makeup melting hot out there!

I agree as well, it kind of destroys the desire to dress up completely when I am sweating and hot. I look foward to a nice cool fall. Jocelyn

Glenda58
08-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I like the cooler weather but I will miss the summer cloths. The short skirts and tank tops the bare legs and 3" sandals.

Stephenie S
08-15-2007, 11:36 PM
No, I love the summer. I really don't like to be cold.

I love the sleeveless tops, bare legs, sandals, and swishy skirts of summer. Winter means bundling up in shapeless coats and pants and boots. Hate it!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Marcie Sexton
08-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I try to take the good with the bad, yes I love the spring and summer, flowers, leaves on the trees, BUT with those things along comes the yard work:thumbsdn:, no time to dress, unless you let something go...and I'm not one to do that, if it needs done< with the exception of me dressing that is:rolleyes:> I do it...

With the son out of the nest and away for college, I will be able to dress more often this fall, BUT with that comes the leaves falling off the trees and the snow and ice...not to mention that cold breeze blowing up your skirt:D...

Wendy me
08-16-2007, 09:07 AM
i love the summer ..... i would rather sweat than shiver.......

Rachel Morley
08-16-2007, 09:26 AM
The height of summer in the Sacramento valley is hot - upper 90's and regularly over 100 degrees. Obviously this makes things a bit of a challenge in full makeup, wig cap and wig. Also when I first get into the car until the A/C cools the interior down, I'm almost melting :sad:

However, that said, I do love the look and feeling of my smooth (fake) tanned legs with a short floaty skirt and strappy heels. For me though, the best time is late spring and early fall. Cooler temperatures and a light breeze. :happy:

Vieja
08-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I can take the cold better than the heat but the best time for me is spring or fall when it is neither too cold or hot.

Vieja

gennee
08-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I didn't dress up some days because it was too hot and humid. I prefer the fall season because I can wear sweaters, skirts, long sleeves blouses, and blazers. Summer is nice but autumn is my favorite season.

Gennee

:happy:

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I like it all! In the summer we can wear our strappy heels and short skirts and tops and in the spring and fall it's a little differant look but pretty comfortable. Winter is fun also because I have several really nice boots and a couple of nice jackets that go well with my winter dresses and outfits. As I said it's all good.

joann07
08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Summer has been brutal down here in Fla, but when I'm the mood to go out, no summer heat is going to keep me couped up at home. Ever since my roomate has been gone, I have been taking advantage of dressing up and going out as frequently as I can.
I know he'll be back for the upcoming college semester, so I don't have much time before I have to go back to being in secret. However, I will still have times when I can dressup, I just need to take advantage of the opportunity when it arises.
I am looking forward to the cooler weather because then I can bring out my sweater tops and dresses.
I'll still wear my short skirts too. Nothing beats the cool wind blowing up pantyhose covered a legs and my skirt. :heehee:

Hugs!

Lissa Stevens
08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
I much prefer the warmer months. I just try to dress as any GG would and i make out fine. As I get older I don't really care for winter but I do like some of things I can wear then that i can't in the summer.

Patty
08-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I prefer the warmer month's, love shorts, sandals and tank tops.
Being in So Cal it does not get as cold as some places. Love the milder temp's :love:

Jaquelyn
08-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I used to be a summer person, but now, I really enjoy fall and winter better. I too, like Rachel, live in the Sacramento valley of Cali, and it gets hot here, all summer long. Makes it qutie miserable at times. I like fall colors, and it sure makes it easier to dress, don't have to worry about shaving legs, etc. Can't wait to head to Tahoe either, will be at Octoberfest, and then pray for snow!:D

Suzie S.
08-17-2007, 04:41 AM
I definitely understand how you feel! With everything going on in summer, time to dress enfemme is quite limited. I know I spend a lot more time dressed in fall and winter. But, since summer is my favorite time of year, I'll take the good with the bad! The infrequent times I do get dressed this time of year are very special. :D