PDA

View Full Version : Why? (post photos, but not of your face?)

Victoria Gizelle
08-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Hello 2 all who answer. Why is it that a vast majority of gurls, whether it be on this chat or another site, post profile pictures of their feet, legs or some other part of the body other than their faces? We gurls that do, can know who we are chatting with or at least put a face to the screen name.

Curious to Know,
Victoria

Tamara Croft
08-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Maybe for fear of outing themselves? in the closet? family doesn't know? lots of reasons...

NovaScotia
08-15-2007, 11:46 PM
When I do send in a photo, I will be a leggy one because they look so much better than my face. I see a woman in my legs, but not my face. Does that make sense?

BarbaraTalbot
08-15-2007, 11:49 PM
I was hesitant to post my face. But once I did it was so validating to give Barbara a face and a chance to smile...it felt right so I left it.

Stephenie S
08-15-2007, 11:51 PM
It's to remain anonymous, silly.

SatinDoll00
08-16-2007, 12:14 AM
It is because I do not feel my face is ready for this yet. I did post a pic of myself, face included a while back. My skills in makeup are not where I want them to be, and quite honestly, I would be embarrassed for anyone to see my face here right now. HOWEVER, I have been practicing and using new products, so that may be coming soon.

Morgan

chucks
08-16-2007, 01:16 AM
my face is my face

crusadergirl
08-16-2007, 01:58 AM
It took me awhile to post a pic and really most all my pics are of my face. Plus i'm not worried who sees what i look like.

kay_jessica
08-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Its a case of where you are in your journey. Those that post a genuine picture of themselves in their profile and or avatar know who they are and where they want to be. As a rule, but there are exceptions, those of us that tend towards TS have no reason to hide, we are often out to those that matter, those that don't, well we don't care. TVs by enlarge tend to hide behind anonymity. The trouble is though, when advice or help is sought, who do you trust for that advice, a girl with a full validate able profile so you can see if she is what she claims or or someone who claims to be something more than they are. How can you tell?

I am what you see. My pictures are not photo shopped or faked. I am out there, maybe not 24/7 but I speak from experience. This forum has may girls like me and we seem to have a great time. But there are a lot of girls here that spout advice and I often wander how they can know?

For some, yes it is obviously for anonymity, to protect from being outed. For others, its to protect them selves from them selves because they are pretending to be what they are not.

mellisa
08-16-2007, 03:48 AM
I 'm only pretty from the neck down. How is that for an answer.

LindaTS
08-16-2007, 09:04 AM
As the saying goes, I am what (who) I am. I don't care who sees me because this is the true me and I happen to love who I am. However, I can understand those who aren't able to show their faces because of a multitude of reasons. Maybe someday girls.

Wendy me
08-16-2007, 09:11 AM
i was headless before .... i had my boobs for a avatior.... face pics .... and funny things ..... what ever my mood feels like ...... i like to see who is with the name but at the same time it doesn't make the person any lesser if they don't show their face.........

KimberlyS
08-16-2007, 09:16 AM
What Tamara said "for fear of outing themselves? in the closet? family doesn't know?" and that is what my wife wants, as we are in this together.

I do not feel anyone would be able to recognize me in full femme unless I was out with my wife or in the town we live in. But there is still the fear of being outed and what that would do to my family in this small town. If it was just me that would be a different situation.

Kate Simmons
08-16-2007, 09:24 AM
I can relate to a lot of the gals really. I get tired of looking at my own puss sometimes. It's mostly for my own critiquing anyway.:happy:

Sheri 4242
08-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I was hesitant to post my face. But once I did it was so validating to give Barbara a face and a chance to smile...it felt right so I left it.

It took me a bit to post a photo of my face, but Barbara is right!!! It IS so'ooo VERY validating!!! I also got the sense (as did my wife) that if you saw me d.r.a.b., there isn't much chance that you'd know me from having seen me on here. (The miracle of good makeup!!!! lol)

It took me awhile to post a pic and really most all my pics are of my face. Plus i'm not worried who sees what i look like.

It is good to see what each other looks like!!!

But, TO GO A STEP FARTHER, (using you as an example - hope you don't mind) when I see "crusadergirl," I not only see a very cute girl, BUT, b/c she notes she is in Fla., I have a point of reference as to where she's from. And, anyone seeing me, likewise knows where I "generally" live. I wish more would post with their visible profile where they lived -- it doesn't have to be overly specific if a person doesn't want it to be, but it is enjoyable seeing that we have much in common with CDers, GG's, TS's (etc) from all over!!!!!!! I enjoy, for example Robin Leigh's posts. Since it is part of what she has put up, hey -- I have a girlfriend in Australia!!!!!!!

Maybe for fear of outing themselves? in the closet? family doesn't know? lots of reasons...

Of course Tamara GG is (as usual) sucinctly correct!!!

Even though I don't think many of us would out ourselves by posting a photo (b/c of what I first said, above), there is that chance, even if minimal. What I never understood is why pinkpanthose, whose antics and progress so many of us enjoyed reading about, deliberately blocked her face??? I mean, if she really was doing all of her Mistresses' assignments, she was definitely showing herself to those where she lived -- so why not show us, her friends and supporters, on here??? I just didn't get that?!!!

In the main, I am not worried about outing myself on here. First, I have reached a point where hey -- I am who and what I am. Even then, though, somebody would have to be on the forum -- and happen to see one of my posts -- to see me. I think most who come here are either my sisters, their GG's, etc. -- not many strangers. AND, once again, my wife and I feel that if your makeup and wig are done correctly, there isn't much of a chance you'd know me when in my male personna just from a photo here.

switcheralso
08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I also enjoy seeing the location of friends. As you can see with my post I have a major city along with a minor city. Even in the minor city no one would find out easily. I know from Y360 that there are many girls in my town. Outpersonals also have a few friends from my specific zip code. I would encourage you to post at least a major city near your home.

Shelly Preston
08-16-2007, 11:49 AM
The thing to remember is that showing you face is a personal choice

The other thing is if someone sees you its like telling a friend

You cant untell them

What happens after that could be good or could be horrendous depending you circumstances

Janice Ashton
08-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Some people may find that putting a face onto their posts is like coming out to the world, which in some way it is, but they are still able to hide behind the curtains by switching off the net..

Being a closet TV for years I know the angst people go through (or I went through) just to contact another CD TV TG (whatever) takes lots courage for some people because of fear of being found out, so putting their face out onto the world is very difficult thing for them to do.

Once you come out of the closet (so to speak) it's easy or easier to show your face, because you have taken the 'big step' and it gets a lot easier to be comfortable with who you (think) are.

Taking that first step is very difficult for a lot of people and some never take it, which ever way you go? good luck along the way.

Karren H
08-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Well when you think about what you asked its quite funny!! "Why don't you post a photo of you in disguise to go along with your fake name"?? Lol. How funny is that??

Who cares!! Fake photo.. Fake name.. I've chatted with people for years and have no clue what they look like and quite frankle could care less!! And I think of them as good friends, too!! I can tell more about someones character and whether I lke them as a person from a few minute chat then looking at their femmed up fake photos!!

For instance... Take Emily Ann Brown... She's a dear and a sweetheart to chat with but do you think that I have a clue what she really looks like.. She posts that awful photo with that gawdy blonde wig who knows where she got th............... wait... That looks like the wig I sent her.... Opsie!! Sorry Em!!! Love you!! Hehe

Karren

JoAnnDallas
08-16-2007, 01:02 PM
When I first came onto this forum, I posted a avatar that hid my face. Mainly because I did not have a decent wig and thus still look to much masculain. When I got my wig, I noticed how much more fem I looked and then started showing myself with my face exposed. As time has gone on and I have gotten better at my makeup, my avatar has also changed. Then too it is a good way to show off new outfits too. LOL

Veronica53
08-16-2007, 01:11 PM
When I do send in a photo, I will be a leggy one because they look so much better than my face. I see a woman in my legs, but not my face. Does that make sense?

What NovaScotia said When and if I lose enough weight and learn how to put makeup on I may go for it.
Veronica

carie
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
i look like a godzilla .. hahaha thats why ..

Fab Karen
08-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Its a case of where you are in your journey. Those that post a genuine picture of themselves in their profile and or avatar know who they are and where they want to be. As a rule, but there are exceptions, those of us that tend towards TS have no reason to hide, we are often out to those that matter, those that don't, well we don't care. TVs by enlarge tend to hide behind anonymity.

As a rule? Let's not throw around stereotypes- there's a stereotype of TS's transitioning & going stealth into the world as female & hiding their history from everyone- that would be just as incorrect a statement to make as a rule.

sissystephanie
08-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I 'm only pretty from the neck down. How is that for an answer.

Amen to that answer. Plus, I do want to remain anonymous for now. If I ever manage to attain a decent shape totally, maybe I will post a below neck picture! Since I do not look like Karren, no pictures!

Sissy
More Girl than man sometimes

SweetCaroline
08-16-2007, 02:43 PM
The thing with me is, unlike a lot of TGirls, I use my own hair, that I wear day to day, as a male, and hardly wear make-up in female mode. Therefore I'm almost indistinguishable a guy as I am a girl. Personally, I don't care about posting face shots, since I'm semi-out in the open anyways, and even tho I'd rather not have most people I know in everyday life see me en femme I like being seen by others who don't know me, because, well, I think I'm pretty. :heehee:

On edit, here you go here's a picture of me in male mode...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/Petrostone/Metrans/abottleofbread2.jpg

And female mode...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/Petrostone/Metrans/CarlolineatTheSheraton.jpg

They're cousins...
Identical cousins all the way
One pair of matching bookends
As different as night and day!

LOL!

Julie York
08-16-2007, 04:43 PM
The trouble is though, when advice or help is sought, who do you trust for that advice, a girl with a full validate able profile so you can see if she is what she claims or or someone who claims to be something more than they are. How can you tell?

You can tell by what they say.

Toyah
08-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Take me or leave me what ya see is what ya get ask anyone who chats on Yahoo its a shock hell I wish I was good at this :sad:

jackieo
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
When I put my pick on here it was a risk but it was time and most of my long Friend that have known me since I was Young already know the only people that don't know are my inlawes and my nabers and the people that I work with.
I really don't care any more this is me and I allway has been me and I will not change fore no one.
Jackie:be:

Kate Simmons
08-16-2007, 07:46 PM
You can tell by what they say.Exactly Julie and that is how you get to know everyone.:happy:

zencat-x
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
We gurls that do, can know who we are chatting with or at least put a face to the screen name.

It is because I do not feel my face is ready for this yet.

I feel like Satin.

I am working on my makeup skills and with my auto body repair experience, I’ll get there. :heehee:

Zencat.

angelfire
08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't post a pic for a number of reasons.
1-I don't shave my body hair, and thus, look like a gorilla in a skirt.
2-I don't have any decent outfits assembled.
3-I don't have a clue how to use make-up.
4-I don't have a wig.
5-I just generally look like a man.
6-I'm 6'2 and 230lbs, with not even the slightest feminine figure.

I am not THAT scared of being outed on here, as far as I can tell, if someone is coming here anyway, chances are they are here for the same reason as me. Thus, chances that they out me are slim. I just don't look the part yet, but I'm working on it slowly & surely. I am definitely leaning towards getting my chest & back waxed eventually.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I am deeply, deeply closeted and paranoid at this point in my life. It took me a long time just to get the courage to show my legs. A large part of me wants to show my face, but I keep coming up with 10,000 worse case scenarios that I will be outted if I do. Jocelyn

NZ_Dawn
08-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Im with Meliisa, I 'm only pretty from the neck down....and 'my lips are sealed'.:straightface:. However; I also wonder if I am an exception: I do not fit into the 'As a Rule'. ;)

kay_jessica
08-17-2007, 03:14 AM
You can tell by what they say.

Well thats the problem. If you are new shy and inexperienced and you come to this site as your first site for the first time, a big step for you.and desperate for some help, support and advice. How do you tell, from what a person posts in response to, in your eyes a very serious problem. OK to a lot of us its quite trivial but never the less its a real issue to you the poster. For example you come on to here for the first time ever and post a question about the differences between CD, TV, TS and TG because you don't know. Now I chose that topic deliberately, because its is conjecture as to whether they are labels of stages on a continuum or discreet states and the answers given by people from various points in that range depends on their view point. However, when I as the person comes along to evaluate the answers, I want to know if the girl giving the answer is speaking from experience or just bullshitting (sorry for the crude word mods). Ok so one post is from a TS and her profile say she is transitioning, cool that means she knows what she's talking about. After all she must be living the life by definition. Hang on where's her picture? Lots of girls here have their picture, and many are not even out in public. She is saying something quite profound but now it does not make sense.

So no you can not tell from what they say. What I am saying is that if you are posting advice then the picture and full profile lend credibility and that advice is more valuable and thus useful, to not only the original poster but to others who may be to shy to ask the same question..

chucks
08-17-2007, 03:19 AM
i just like it because i know my image is now in the minds of many. i'm spreading.

also i pay more attention to posters whose pics i remember and can identify with. just kind of my reading style to skim lots.

and i think my pic is funny, and that's good.

angelfire
08-17-2007, 05:24 AM
So no you can not tell from what they say. What I am saying is that if you are posting advice then the picture and full profile lend credibility and that advice is more valuable and thus useful, to not only the original poster but to others who may be to shy to ask the same question..

What if you have no picture up, but you have met someone from here in person before? Does that make you less legitimate, despite the fact you have someone who can testify you are legit, but you don't have your picture up?

Also, if a member has been around long enough, I think if they are faking and lying it would become obvious very quickly whether they are fake or not. Their stories and web of lies would become tangled, they would say one thing in one thread, and contradict it in another. But if the person has been active around here for a while, then people get to know them through their posts. And if they are legit, they will get to know who the person really is without needing to judge their looks.

Rachaelb64
08-17-2007, 06:07 AM
Confidence. The majority of us have spent a life time hiding, feeling guilty, ashamed, thinking we are the only one who is a crossdresser, believing we are a freak of nature some how.

A secert life we have all hidden.

No face face pics? A life of a secert habit is hard to break even to other cders

Learn to walk in heels before you run in them :D :2c:

Rach

Julie York
08-17-2007, 11:20 AM

A profile photo and some sort of information gives the 'character' credibility, I agree, but it isn't the end story. I've seen several fakes people and fake photos on here. I've also seen genuine Ts and Cd talk hogwash. Your example of a Ts claiming to live the life and yet afraid to show themselves would raise a few questions, but they may simply not wish for anyone to know that they are actually a guy after going through hell transitioning.

Your avatar is a way to represent yourself in a forum. It doesn't have to be an image of yourself. It just represents you, your mood, and tastes. That's why people use cartoons, film stars or red shoes.

Janice Ashton
08-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Confidence. The majority of us have spent a life time hiding, feeling guilty, ashamed, thinking we are the only one who is a crossdresser, believing we are a freak of nature some how.

A secert life we have all hidden.

No face face pics? A life of a secert habit is hard to break even to other cders

Learn to walk in heels before you run in them :D :2c:

Rach

I have to be honest, I was outed as a 'Transvetite' (into the public domain so to speak) by my ex-wife, many years ago, but only having the internet for this last year I was 'amazed' how may Transgendered people there are out there in this big wide world. This made me really feel I wasn't alone in what I enjoy doing.

So to all those people (whatever label you choose to call yourself) who are at present (where I was many years ago) deep undercover feeling guilty about what you do, take heart, there are millions alike on every continent who are the same or similar, so you are not alone.

So not wishing to show yourself (Face Pic) as many of you have said on this thread is normal, more people hide away, than come out dressed to the world.

Louise

Sheri 4242
08-17-2007, 12:28 PM
What I am saying is that if you are posting advice then the picture and full profile lend credibility and that advice is more valuable and thus useful, to not only the original poster but to others who may be to shy to ask the same question..

I could take a picture of a friend (or anybody) and, with a little software help, "en femme it," post it, and claim it is me. No, I don't think anybody here is doing that, but what I'm saying is that a photo, in and of itself, isn't the final say in credibility!!!

What IS the best judge of credibility, IMHO, is if a person is "talking the walk and walking the talk." So many (most) of us have been dealing with this for so very long (example: I am fifty-something and have been CDing to some degree for over fifty years), that if you read enough of what a person says, that will reveal if they are what they say they are (even when there are disagreements), or if they are simply "full of it."

Tamara Croft
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
So no you can not tell from what they say. What I am saying is that if you are posting advice then the picture and full profile lend credibility and that advice is more valuable and thus useful, to not only the original poster but to others who may be to shy to ask the same question..I don't agree at all. Going on the number of members here who have often used pictures that do NOT belong to them, yet they claim they are theirs, how can they be credible just because they have a picture up?? They have already lied stating that they are in their picture... how can anything else they say then be credible? Sorry, but your logic on that is flawed. And what your also saying is, if someone just posting a picture of their legs, posts some really excellent advice, then it isn't going to be anywhere near as good as something you offer, just because you have a picture up?? what kinda nonsense is that? Who's to say that picture really is you? I mean, where's the actual proof? Anyone here met you can vouch it is you?

Now don't take what I've said the wrong way, but pictures on this forum mean nothing, words mean a thousand more than any picture.

Keely
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Tamara, I agree with you but I still like to see a picture. You can tell the real ones over time if they change their avatar or post other pics in the picture section.

Hippy Chic's Chick
08-17-2007, 02:07 PM
My reasons are different to those of a CD, but are out of respect for his reasons. :)

I only showed him this site about a week ago and he'd never, ever used the term CD before then. He's still coming to grips with what it all means for him, and while we're having fun, there's a lot in his head about what it all means alongside the fun and openess he's enjoying.

One day he might want to be completely open, he may never be. Who knows, who sees him and when is entirely his choice and I respect that.

If he worries about recognition on the net (we have discussed the pictures), then my mugshot all over the boards, proudly claiming to be his partner will hardly make him feel secure. :)

I'd rather he used the forums in comfort and able to express himself fully than didn't use them at all for fear of being outed before he was ready. It's one hell of a step for him to come this far - give those without pics some credit for that at least. :)

KandisTX
08-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Just bought some new batteries for the digital camera, I'm all alone this weekend still, so I may just have to play fashion model for a bit ;) Who knows, I may have pictures to post... no face though as I still have facial hair because the Texas Renaissance Faire is coming up and I have to look the part I play out there at the booth.:devil: ;)

Kandis:love:

Tina Dixon
08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
I feel if they don't want to be seen that is there right and there safety valve so they should keep them, don't forget this site is for all CD's, some of us dress to the max some feel they are a CD because they like to wear panties and just don't want there love ones seeing them, so it don't matter to me if the post there real picture or not, but on the other hand I do love to see what one looks like but only if there comfy with it.

Deidra Cowen
08-17-2007, 04:19 PM
I know a few girls that go clubbing and shopping that kinda stuff. But if you look at their profile on the net. Nothing but a cartoon or perhaps a body shot. I used to be leary till I met those Tgirl out at the clubs. They mainly are very careful about not getting outted. Me I look nothing like my guy self when dressed. But some CDs and Tgirls still really look like their boy self dressed up. Especially those lucky ones that are a bit femmy and have soft girl facial features.

I notice tons of GGs never post up a pic too just to be careful of predators and nutcases on da net. I actually kinda ignored a GG that used to IM me wanting to meet. I thought it was a guy posing. Later I met her out at a bar and ended up Dating her for good while! (some might remember my pics and posts here back when I had my little GG GF LOL) So You can't judge anyone negatively by the fact that they don't have a pic up of their face. I learned that lesson.

Ok...some girls might still be working on da look and not have up a pic. I did not have pics in my very early days of trying to be a CD for that reason.

Sharon
08-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Tamara, I agree with you but I still like to see a picture. You can tell the real ones over time if they change their avatar or post other pics in the picture section.

I haven't posted a photo thread or a new avatar in over a year, although I do rotate a few avatars as I grow bored with the old one. Does that mean I'm not "real?"

There are many reasons why a member may not wish to show a photo of their face, many of which have already been shared in this thread. Don't judge people on whether they show themselves, but, as Julie says, by what they say.

caroledwina
08-17-2007, 04:27 PM
1. subj refers.

C

Jillm
08-17-2007, 10:23 PM
I know someone that works, in an IT department for a public school. He randomly searches adult web sites and such for employees that may be visiting these sites. Several teachers have been fired for being on different sites, even though they weren’t at work at the time they were in the sites. Wrong or right that a different topic. I have been clubbing and out shopping in fem, but when doing that I somewhat have control of who might see me and recognize me. Posting a face pic on this site leaves me with no control of who might see me and recognize me. That’s a chance I don’t want to take, and I think it’s wrong to say that I’m less creditable than anyone else on here just because you can’t see my face.

Linda C
08-17-2007, 10:30 PM
I think everybody doing their own thing is what I love about this site - every different person out there has their own comfort level and it should be respected - No?

AmberTG
08-17-2007, 11:00 PM
The main reason I haven't posted my full pic in femme is because I don't like looking at it myself. I haven't gotten rid of the beard shadow and I haven't had the extra money to order the Colortration sampler kit, it's been a rough summer financially due to the divorce. That's just my personal reason, of course. If I can make my face look more femme, I'll post it.

sammie
08-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Its a case of where you are in your journey. Those that post a genuine picture of themselves in their profile and or avatar know who they are and where they want to be. As a rule, but there are exceptions, those of us that tend towards TS have no reason to hide, we are often out to those that matter, those that don't, well we don't care. TVs by enlarge tend to hide behind anonymity. The trouble is though, when advice or help is sought, who do you trust for that advice, a girl with a full validate able profile so you can see if she is what she claims or or someone who claims to be something more than they are. How can you tell?

I am what you see. My pictures are not photo shopped or faked. I am out there, maybe not 24/7 but I speak from experience. This forum has may girls like me and we seem to have a great time. But there are a lot of girls here that spout advice and I often wander how they can know?

For some, yes it is obviously for anonymity, to protect from being outed. For others, its to protect them selves from them selves because they are pretending to be what they are not.
Soooo sorry you feel that way Kay. As for not submitting a face-shot[ I didn't know pics are required for acceptance] " because they are pretending to be what they are not" ( your words,not mine ) I personally feel insulted. I do not think everyone here feels that way,but to each His or Her own. Please don't judge a book by it's cover, some people read faster than others,sweets. Love keeps us together! Love, Sammie

Eva Marie
08-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Who are "they", that I need to hide from them, or lie to them? Let's take this a bit farther: why the overwelming resistance to complete the profile data (location, birth date, occupation, etc.) on this site? We are as we are; stand up and be counted. If anyone points the finger, the obvious retort is, ". . . and what were YOU doing on that site?"

Michelia
08-17-2007, 11:59 PM
I would not have a problem posting pics. But if I am identified my kid would be the one to pay for it. I am not going to let that happen.

I take enough of a risk just being here.

Michelia

Jennaie
08-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Silly wabbits, tricks are for kids! :2c:

sammie
08-18-2007, 12:44 AM
I really love Linda's response.Also note her join date,and mine.7-7-7. Also Jillm's.And many others I have read. Seems to me that the subject of Gender Identification is not fully understood by everyone who speaks as if they know what it means to be the real deal,male or female.I'll be happy to send anyone a free copy of my next Best Seller if they require proof of life.Until then I will quietly wait for the chance to be seen and not heard. Sammie the fog.

chucks
08-18-2007, 02:05 AM
i find it interesting that so many think they don't look good enough. it is to impose some artificial boundary or rules and then believe them.

i'm just having fun. when i be who i am with honesty and integrity, that's when i look good. even if i look ridiculous.

kay_jessica
08-18-2007, 03:05 AM
I think you are all missing my point. I respect the vast majority of girls who, for reasons of anonymity do no not post an avatar or profile picture. You may be new, not happy with your look, worried about kids etc. Those are all valid reasons. My point is directed at those girls that spout TS advice about hormones, SRS and living the life full time, and belittle others for trivial problems. Those that claim they live 24/7 and are, or have transitioned. What reasons have they to hide by not having a full profile, and avatar? They are out there as girls so every one knows who they are. Those are the girls whose credibility is questionable. I know dozens of fully transitioned girls and they are the first to say "I am what i am and proud of it, yeah every knows I was a bloke, I don't care i am me now and thats what matters".

And Tamara, yes that picture in my avatar is me and yes I have met other girls and not just at T-clubs.

Angie G
08-18-2007, 03:41 AM
my face don't look all that good as a girl :hugs:
Angie

Sheri 4242
08-18-2007, 06:52 AM
. . . pictures on this forum mean nothing, words mean a thousand more than any picture.

Don't judge people on whether they show themselves, but . . . by what they say.

I agree with both of you -- and with Julie and a few others. If you read enough of what a person says in their written posts, you can really get to know them very well, moreso than by ever looking at a photo. In fact, since we communicate by writing on this forum, I think that the very act of writing our thoughts/opinions can help us to know each other at a deeper level. When a person writes, they have to put a certain thought process into what they write and this is one of the most revealing ways of communication!!!

Sometimes someone on the forum will acknowledge that another has reached some milestone in their "number of posts." As long as their posts have been substantitive (and not always short, half-sentence quips just to build their numbers), we can really get to understand that person very well -- and in so doing, it validates them and should speak volumes to the readers. Why? It would be difficult, I would think, to put up a front that is a pretense for very long. People are going to know if you are genuine or not after awhile. It doesn't matter that we might disagree from time-to-time -- in fact that is expected and can be healthy, just as long as when we disagree we do so without becoming disagreeable. IMHO, we all can still learn, regardless of age, and we can all grow from such learning. The path we've been on for so very many years just cannot be faked -- at least, I would think, not for long!!!

sammie
08-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Who are "they", that I need to hide from them, or lie to them? Let's take this a bit farther: why the overwelming resistance to complete the profile data (location, birth date, occupation, etc.) on this site? We are as we are; stand up and be counted. If anyone points the finger, the obvious retort is, ". . . and what were YOU doing on that site?"

Hi Eva Marie, The "they" refered to I believe to be all people with gender identity issues. The author of this thread seems to me one with an ongoing need to reaffirm self awareness by asking others to show themselves. It is a common human trick used to stigmafy others and seperate the wheat from the chaf. I may be totally wrong to think that anyone would try that around here because we all are in the same boat as they say. As far as an "overwelming resistance" to complete a profile on this site. All I can say is this. Hypothetically speaking ofcoarse. What if I were the Director of the CIA and I told everyone here all about myself,my location,age,occupation,etc... Do you honestly think that for one moment that I would still be able to continue my life as it was before.NOT. Now can you see my point? Reply if you care to take this even farther k. Or PM me and we can share our ideas. Love all,Sammie

Sheri 4242
08-19-2007, 12:55 AM
So no you can not tell from what they say.

If you employ analytical thinking skills, after awhile you can, more often than not, tell by what a person says. If you read enough of what a person says in their posts, you can really get to know them very well, moreso than by ever looking at a photo.

What I am saying is that if you are posting advice then the picture and full profile lend credibility and that advice is more valuable and thus useful, to not only the original poster but to others who may be to shy to ask the same question.

Posting a photo means nothing! Some may dress and never go out, while others may dress and go out a lot. Some may only underdress -- but does that make them any less a crossdresser? Nope! Their experiences -- along with their inner feelings, turmoils, fears, and hopes -- are just as valid!

When a person writes enough -- perhaps better said, when you read a person's postings enough -- you get to know their thought processes -- you get to know if what they say has substance and truth, or not.

camera_laura
08-19-2007, 01:02 AM
My :2c: for what it's worth....

I don't particularly care for my M face and my F face ain't gonna win any prizes. I couldn't pass if my life depended on it. As a M, I don't think I have much of a 5 o'clock shadow, but once I try to apply make-up and add a wig, it is *very* obvious.

Do I fear being 'outed'? You bet. But by posting a pic w/face tells me that at least I have accepted myself.

Everyone has there reasons for doing or not doing anything. We should never judge anyone for their decisions. We should applaud them for makeing them.

michelle_2771
08-19-2007, 01:44 AM
I dont like showing my face to much as i still like to be anonymous. not just this my facial features are not the best and i have only been dressing for the past 12 months and i havent brought any clothes of my own yet just using my wifes cloths as she is the same size as me part from shoes

ibut it is to keep me anonymous

Michelle

Jillm
08-19-2007, 06:51 AM
I think you are all missing my point. I respect the vast majority of girls who, for reasons of anonymity do no not post an avatar or profile picture. You may be new, not happy with your look, worried about kids etc. Those are all valid reasons. My point is directed at those girls that spout TS advice about hormones, SRS and living the life full time, and belittle others for trivial problems. Those that claim they live 24/7 and are, or have transitioned. What reasons have they to hide by not having a full profile, and avatar? They are out there as girls so every one knows who they are. Those are the girls whose credibility is questionable. I know dozens of fully transitioned girls and they are the first to say "I am what i am and proud of it, yeah every knows I was a bloke, I don't care i am me now and thats what matters".

And Tamara, yes that picture in my avatar is me and yes I have met other girls and not just at T-clubs.

I understand your reasoning behind the question, it would be like taking advice form someone on how to loose weight and then finding out they weigh 400 pounds. How could the advice you received be creditable; however I also think about golf, a golfer has a caddie that often tells the golfer what club to use and how to hit the ball. Well if the caddie is good enough to tell the golfer how to do it then why isn’t he the golfer. If someone on here gives me advice it’s for me to determine how I use that advice and how creditable I think that advice is. I’m sure not going to give that advice any more or less credibility because I can or can not see their picture. I’m only a part time cder so maybe I’m not the right person to respond to you question, but I think criticizing some one because they don’t have a complete profile may be a bit harsh.

Kimmi
08-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Right now, I don't have a wig and can't do makeup too well, so I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of myself as a guy in a skirt. I don't even like looking at those pictures myself, and crop all of them, not just the ones I post. When I can get my hair and face looking femme enough that most people wouldn't recognize me, then I'll go ahead and post full pics.