PDA

View Full Version : Just can't keep the girl at home

Joyce1702
08-16-2007, 09:17 PM
There were two new twists to my outing tonight. Went to a local volunteer fire department's annual fair. The first twist was, not only did I go with my GG friend who usually accomplanies me, but her 18 yr. old son also went with us. He knows I dress and has seen pics, but this was the first time he saw me "in the flesh". That went just fine, he was cool with everything.

THe second twist was, being a local event, I knew a TON of people there. Everywhere I looked was someone I knew. County Judge serving food, County Sheriff glad-handing, a retired police officer who's running against the Sheriff, a retired officer from my own dept. that I worked closely with, and many others. So that made me a little uncomfortable, because I couldn't see how they could not recognize me. But my friend assured me they wouldn't and, indeed, it seems they didn't.

We ate, listened to music, and strolled around. I wore white capris, a blue embroidered T with a chambray shirt over top, and white strappy sandals.

Of course we took pics and I will post some later.

Joyce

Eileen
08-17-2007, 11:58 AM
That is wonderful Joyce! People tend to see only the surfice. Unless the look deep they accept what they see at first glance. Glad you had a great time. I can see why you do not want to stay home!

Eileen

Joyce1702
08-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Another night, another outing. This time went to a band concert in the park in my small hometown. Wore red jeans, a floral print top with buttons on one shoulder, and white sneakers.

<------- My new avatar is from tonight.

Starting raining so we left and went to Walmart. I had to pick up pantyhose, razor blades, nail polish and lipstick for tomorrow night's outing!

Joyce

Joyce1702
08-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Day four and still going!

Thursday night was the fireman's fair. Friday night was a band concert and Walmart.

Saturday night was the monthly get-together of the Schenectady Gender Alternative. I wore a long floral print dress that buttoned up the front, borrowed from my GG friend, along with my new peep-toe pumps. Had a nice time socializing with others.

Today was a trip to Lake George, NY. It was mobbed, there was a big craft show going on in the middle of the downtown. Walked around and looked at a lot of stuff. I bought a t-shirt for my youngest grandson in one of the shops. I wore denim capris, a white ribbed, scoop-neck T, and a chambray shirt over top with white sneakers.

Joyce

Chantelle CD
08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow sister!!! i soo soo want to have your freedom!!!! you rock girl!! Sounds like you had a unreal 4 days there!!! Way to go!!
<hugs>