PDA

View Full Version : out to my family

Cherry Lynn
08-16-2007, 09:31 PM
There have been some threads in the past about being out to family and friends. I am now out to my family thanks to my soon to be ex-wife. We are in the process of getting a divorce which was supposed to be friendly but she changed the rules. She started threatening to tell our son who is 29 and our daughter who is 27 and a neice of hers we raised who is 23. The neice already knew but my wife did not know that. I decided it would be better if hte kids heard it fro me first so I came out to them and I also told my mother in case it got back to her. Everyone took it really well and they srtill tell me they love me. It tool the wind out of her sails and she is mad at them because they are OK with it. Feels good to be out.

Jaquelyn
08-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Good for you, to head that off at the pass, and I'm glad she's pissed, cause they accept you for who you are and love you. She's pissed because they won't hate like her; she must be a miserable person. Oh well. She gets a big nah nah na nah na from me!:p

Cherry Lynn
08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
You hit the nail on the head Darlene. Thanks for the support.

KandisTX
08-16-2007, 09:42 PM
I will add my own :tongueout :tongueout right next to Darlenes. You've taken the wind out of her sails for sure. She thought she had ammunition to use against you and now she's got nothing but a cylinder full of blanks. :)

Kandis:love:

P.S. Are those YOUR legs in that picture in your avatar?? I'll be you are a HOTTIE in a miniskirt!!!!!!!!!!

Cherry Lynn
08-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes, Kandis those are my legs and I get a lot of compliments when I wear a mini or short shorts.

ErikaLadyoftheDesert
08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
I am proud of you for making that move. You are so lucky to have a good family that supports you.

I wish tonight went as well for me, but it did not. I met my wife when she came home tonight in total femme. I was dressed to kill. I looked the best I ever had.

It was a total shock for her, and she rejected me, big time. She also threatened to tell my two daughters, (age 20 and 23) although I have already decided to tell them on my own terms.

I have previously told my wife about my femme side, but she chose to ignore it and hopped it would just go away. This is a big part of who I am, and I really want her to accept me, the total me. I am very disappointed that she did not.

:sad:

Cherry Lynn
08-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Erika, I'm so sorry it did not go well for you. I am a firm believer in telling the children yourself especially after the way mine took it and hope yours do so as well. My family knows and they are the ones who count so if she does decide to tell others she may hurt them more than me or at least that is the way my daughter seems to feel. Hang in there.

michelle_2771
08-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Danielle

it seems everything has worked out for the best for you, and now you can feel and dress the way you feel now.

I just hope in a couple of weeks when i take my partner away she will understand the way i feel as when i am dressed i am a different person to when i am dressed in male...

anyway I enjoy reading posts that have alot of positives come out of it...

I am proud of you as well

KandisTX
08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Yes, Kandis those are my legs and I get a lot of compliments when I wear a mini or short shorts.

I think most of us Gurls have killer legs. (Another tell to be honest), Mens legs are more well shaped and toned than womens, I have so many women that "hate" me because of my legs ;)

Marcie Sexton
08-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Any time there is a parting of the ways there is never a nice way to do it...Perhaps after some time and the wounds heal a friendship can be redeveloped, but from the experience I had in divorce court, its take no prisioners...

KandisTX
08-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Any time there is a parting of the ways there is never a nice way to do it...Perhaps after some time and the wounds heal a friendship can be redeveloped, but from the experience I had in divorce court, its take no prisioners...

I have to disagree with you on this point Marcie. I have been through three divorces, while the first one was the worst one (she told my First Seargant about Kandis), the other two were not so bad, they were pretty much mutual agreements, they wanted to leave and I said there's the door, type of things.

Now, in this instance the wife is just trying to be cruel and vindictive and it backfired on her. There is no more steam in that engine for her to use it against Danielle in or out of court so she will have to come up with something else.

I do wish that some people just would let things end and get over this whole "I'm going to get them back" type of attitudes.

Sally24
08-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Congrats Danielle, you took a negative and turned it into a positive. I'm really glad it worked out well so far. I just told my daughter, 27, and is one of the best things I've done. Now you have that much less tension and stress and you will be able to get away from that woman!

Good luck with the new life. May you find love again with someone who knows you.

Hippy Chic
08-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I'd threaten to tell her mum too & tell her that she loved it more when you're a woman :D but then I do have a bitchy streak!

Hippy Chic's Chick
08-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Danielle, that's brilliant :D

Reminds me of a time my ex decided that he wouldn't have (as arranged) the kids for my grandmother's funeral, to prove that I couldn't cope without him. (In short I had to have him back before I could get to the funeral.)

Well, his refusal just meant I had to get out there, find people to have the kids and so on. Doing so meant I got to make new friends, got party invitations and that was the weekend that HC and I got it together! :D

He called weeks and weeks later to apologise. I told him to not be sorry because he'd really turned my life around. Not only did I get a social life, but also the man I'd wanted for years.

If you speak to her again, remember to thank her. Her actions mean you're happier now than you've been in a long time. I promise you, it'll be the last time she tries any nasty games. :D

Way to go girl! ;)

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-17-2007, 01:43 PM
You did the right thing by telling your family because you took away your soon to be ex wifes amunition and now everyone is able to see her for what she is, a vindictive person. I hope it all works out for you and For her sake I hope she calms down and realizes the error of her ways. What goes around always comes around.

Cherry Lynn
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I'd threaten to tell her mum too & tell her that she loved it more when you're a woman :D but then I do have a bitchy streak!

I also have a bitchy streak and seriously thought about what you suggest. If she tries something else I may just do it and her mother will not think so highly of her. Take care.

Cherry Lynn
08-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks to all you girls for your support. Nice to have friends even if not actually acquainted with them.

Cherry Lynn
08-17-2007, 10:23 PM
I think most of us Gurls have killer legs. (Another tell to be honest), Mens legs are more well shaped and toned than womens, I have so many women that "hate" me because of my legs ;)

My son's girlfriend tells me she is jealous of my tanned and shaved legs which by the way are prettier than hers. When I came out to her she seemed surprised and I asked her if she never wondered about my shaved and tanned legs. She said not really so people may not notice things as much as we think they do.