PDA

View Full Version : My Daughters Birthday

KandisTX
08-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Gurls,

Today is my daughters birthday, she is 12 years old today. Now, she knows about Kandis (has for about 2.5 years now), and just as her mom (GlitterGG) is she is understanding and supportive. I want to find her a pretty "girlie" nightgown and a matching one for myself and her momma. (She asked me for one like mine so I want to find a set of three so we all match). My dilemma is that I cannot find the ones I am looking for, soft, nylon, pretty color (Purple as that is our family color).

Why do I want to do this? Well, when we told her about Kandis, the next morning, she saw my nightgown (a long flowing nylon one ) and she said "I'm so envious of you". I asked her why and she said "Because your nightgowns are so pretty, and mine aren't".

Any suggestions gurls?

Kandis:love:

Sheri 4242
08-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Well, for pretty colors/designs -- and where you might could get something that would fit her -- maybe Victorias Secrets because some of their styles come in XSm.

Of course I'm shooting in the dark, here b/c I am basing this on the typical size of a 12 year old -- and I don't know your size, either. I can wear VS's "slip" type nighties in a large.

Not knowing what sizes you, your wife, or daughter would wear puts me in sort of a dilemma. The things that VS sells in XSm, IMO, are usually sized right and if they'll fit a small teen, they should fit your daughter.

Another thought is the nightgowns sold at places like Nordstroms or Macy's, especially the larger stores (which are in the larger malls/cities). Sometimes they'll have brands that have a wide variety of sizes -- the problem being is would what they have in their smallest, be small enough?!

Back to VS for moment: their PINK collection seems to run smaller than the rest of their stuff, so that's a thought.

Tell your daughter, "Happy Birthday" from "some of your friends."

H'mmm - there was a catalogue we got about a year ago that had some VERY pretty matching women's/children's gowns (and even some clothing outfits) -- maybe I could ask my wife b/c I don't remember who it was from -- but that's problematic, too, b/c you'd have to order it and her b'day would be over.

Hippy Chic's Chick
08-17-2007, 10:46 AM
It's a lovely thought, but I'm certain that your daughter would prefer a nighty that is her 'own' rather than something that identifies with her mom and dad.

She seems to want to be grown up and pretty and at the age of 12 would be wanting to forge an identity of her own. It could also appear to her that it's a present for you and mom as well as her.

Of course, you know your daughter much better and you can ignore me, of course. :) I just know that at that age I'd have died if I'd been expected to wear the same as my parents.

KandisTX
08-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Hippy Chic's Chick

Actually, I had thought of that as well, but she has asked if we could have matching nightgowns so she is cool with the idea.

Sheri

While she is only 12 years old, she is developed more than most of her friends so while it is possible something from VS would fit her, VS does NOT carry anything in mom's or my sizes. I may have to hit JCPenny's or something... hmmm

Hippy Chic's Chick
08-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Fairy nuff! :D

Lucky you for having such a great family! Hope she has a great birthday!

carie
08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
happy birthday to ur little girl !

p/s: i envy u also .. :happy:

KandisTX
08-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, I found what I was looking for. I went to Sears and found some pretty purple nightgowns in all three sizes so we now have matching nighties. WOOHOO. I can't wait for them to get home on Monday from San Diego.

~who deems herself as a very lucky gurl in having a loving caring and supportive family~

carie
08-17-2007, 04:29 PM
care to post some pictures ? :heehee:

KandisTX
08-17-2007, 05:56 PM
care to post some pictures ? :heehee:

Perhaps I will.. right now I'm all dirty and gross from trying to get the Master Bathroom renovated today... still have to haul a bunch of crap out, but it is now raining and I have NO MORE ROOM in the trash cans... :( so that project is at a "standstill" for the moment, unless the rain stops soon that is.

Billijo49504
08-17-2007, 08:18 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't care how much it cost, but I would get her what she wanted. The ntry to get them for you and the wife....BJ

Rachel Morley
08-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm in awe of you Kandis! :eek: What a truly wonderful family you have. Your wife and daughter sound incredible. I can see it now ..... all three of you, big and little girls, all dressed alike in pretty purple nightgowns. Now that really is the definition of participation and acceptance !! :clap:

KandisTX
08-17-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm in awe of you Kandis! :eek: What a truly wonderful family you have. Your wife and daughter sound incredible. I can see it now ..... all three of you, big and little girls, all dressed alike in pretty purple nightgowns. Now that really is the definition of participation and acceptance !! :clap:

The most AWESOME part about her is that she recently decided that she wants to call me Dad. (This is being done with her birth fathers knowledge AND consent. He is a great friend of ours, and he knows all about Kandis as well as knows that his daughter knows about her as well). When I called her today to wish her a Happy Birthday she said "Thank You Dad". (Goddess, my heart swells with pride every time she calls me Dad). ;)