PDA

View Full Version : The things we do...

Hippy Chic
08-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Not sure how to explain this...

My 8 yo step daughter has got to the experimenting with makeup stage. She & one of her friends often dissapear off into her bedroom & return later made up, but she's a bit miffed that her friend doesn't often let her do hers, so this morning I told her I'd let her do me (she doesn't know about the CDing btw).

So I've spent the last half hour being made over. I'll let HCC describe the full 'impact' :heehee: but the word trashy comes to mind :lol:

Deep red lips, dark grey & silver eye shadow & purple toe nails...

She then wanted me to do hers too.

Certainly doesn't belong in the beauty tips section, but we did have a good laugh!

BarbaraTalbot
08-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Not sure how to explain this...

My 8 yo step daughter has got to the experimenting with makeup stage. She & one of her friends often dissapear off into her bedroom & return later made up, but she's a bit miffed that her friend doesn't often let her do hers, so this morning I told her I'd let her do me (she doesn't know about the CDing btw).

So I've spent the last half hour being made over. I'll let HCC describe the full 'impact' :heehee: but the word trashy comes to mind :lol:

Deep red lips, dark grey & silver eye shadow & purple toe nails...

She then wanted me to do hers too.

Certainly doesn't belong in the beauty tips section, but we did have a good laugh!

Wow thats skating pretty close to the line of disclosure. I cant see being that secure myself!

I remember when I bought my periwinkle Keds (http://www.keds.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=591&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=110&iSubCat=14&iProductID=591).
Our 12 year old daughter bounded into our room saw them and said "Cute shoes" She and the 8 year old boy have tried on every pair of shoes that Barbara owns with out realizing that Mom wears an 8-8 1/2 and Dad wears a 9 1/2-10.

I did, however just leave my pink toenails exposed just now as my entire brood has paraded through whilst I typed this. (Dee, the baby and I all 30 toes match currently. We as a family have had as many as 40 matching toes at any one time. If we were to settle on Black we could probably get as many as 70 toes in harmony.)

Hippy Chic
08-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Well it did become a bit of a family thing - her 10 yo brother wanted to do his mum, so now HCC looks like she's been using her feet to apply her make-up rather than her hands. It's kind of scary! If I called the crisis team now I'd have no problem getting her sectioned :heehee: I think I came off lightly, just looking like I'm on the game :lol:

Angie G
08-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Cool it nice to have fun with the kids :hugs:
Angie

Hippy Chic's Chick
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
HC said I can describe the impact.

The only impact that comes to mind is one with a moving bus.

It has been funny - I look like I've had coal wax-crayoned onto my eyelids and my lipstick is like twice the size of my lips. I also have blusher and powder in little circles on my cheeks. 10yr old has decided (thankfully) that he's going to let his sister teach him, rofl.

I had to smile at my daughter's reaction to doing HC's make-up though. She didn't bat an eyelid and only responded later, very matter of factly, with, "Well make-up isn't just for girls, it wasn't even made for girls."

The last part was son doing daughter's nails, which she'd begged and begged him to do. He'd asked me to paint his nails and we chose a silver colour which neither of us realised turned clear. He was very impressed and tried his hardest to keep it. Daughter shouting out, "No, you can't have it, it's MY nail varnish! Get your own!!" had me in stitches. Needless to say, he is getting his own clear nail varnish, lol.

I have also been giggling in the background as HC plays the authorititive dad, telling them off and demanding order while looking like a cheap prozzie, pmsl! :D :D

Oh dear - I'm so glad this is anonymous.

Veronica 1
08-18-2007, 05:08 PM
:OMG: :laughing:
Pics, we want pics. :laughing:
That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time, I am so glad that you have such a great family. Thanks for posting this.
:hugs:

Hippy Chic's Chick
08-18-2007, 05:31 PM
:OMG: :laughing:
Pics, we want pics. :laughing:
That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time, I am so glad that you have such a great family. Thanks for posting this.
:hugs:

:devil:

The best of all is that my sister called mid-makeover and I told her what we were doing.

She suggested my daughter using her bloke as a model because apparently he always sits still. My daughter is very interested, lol!

We've sort of left it quiet about how we know he sits still for make-overs.

Though I do know he likes wearing her knickers and having her shave his legs. ;)

What made me giggle is that my daughter, grabbing her make-up bag simply nodded and said, "Ok" while nodding.

Just to add - I've showered since, but HC is STILL in his cheapo prozzie make-up, though he's added a nightie since they went to bed. I'm not sure I can afford tonight...

:D