PDA

View Full Version : TG photography studio

Veronica 1
08-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Just had a thought about a new business opportunity. I have professional photographic training and everyone has always said that I am fairly good at it. How do you think a photo studio for the TG's out there would fly? If not a studio, I could do location shots. Any takers? :D On the downside, I am not allowed into the US.

hunny67
08-18-2007, 04:28 PM
I think that is a very good idea. i,d love to have a pro photo of my SO.

Hunny67 GG

Veronica 1
08-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Well, don't be making any appointments yet. I would have to drop a couple grand into getting the lights to do it properly and that might take me a couple of months. Sounds like a great, fun time though. You dress, I dress, and we have a modeling session.

hunny67
08-18-2007, 04:54 PM
well dont foget to post when you do get yourself up & running.

Hunny67 GG

Jennilouise
08-18-2007, 04:56 PM
would be great to have my pic done by a pro (for once in my life) Hope you do get everything sorted out

danam
08-18-2007, 05:11 PM
I've seen advertisements for companies that combine make-overs, dress-up sessions, excursions in public en femme, and photoshoots. Attending one of those places is on my life "to do" list. I think if you package the photoshoot session with other activities to create a full CD/TG "experience," you would have a viable business.

Julogden
08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I hope it's a good idea because I've already started doing that myself. I need to work on marketing, and prefer to work in the customers home, but I do have a small studio set up in my home, so I can work in either setting. I do makeup and basic wig styling, but I might go looking for a stylist to work with me, the down side of that is it complicates things quite a bit with scheduling and pricing, etc.

Carol

Toyah
08-19-2007, 10:56 AM
You wont see me there if you call it a TG studio sorry !!!!

Shelly Preston
08-19-2007, 12:43 PM
While the idea sounds great

I dont see there being enough interest generated by the TG community to support the business

Being TG friendly is a different matter and would be an excellent start

Karren H
08-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I think your limiting your focus and won't probably won't make a ton of money at it!! yeah sounds great but have you developed a business plan or tryed to estimat startup cost and monthly traffice and income?? There are a bunch accross the country aready and any serious crossdresser has a diital camera already!! lol

Karren

UASIANGAL
08-19-2007, 01:29 PM
I've always said to friends, the best job to have would be something I am really interested in. Althought, not everything I'm interested in can be a career. I see more pros on this thread and I would like to balance it out with some cons (like Karren's). It doesn't matter if you cannot enter the U.S. for whatever reason, 3 things I say is the most important. Location, location and location. And, it has to be a location that your clients feel safe to go to and enter without being watched or exposed. With a service oriented business, you need to be in big cities with a big a population of your clientile. A city or county that is friendly or at least tolerable to such business. We're not a mainstream crowd so you need to find a way to advertise and promote. I can see major startup costs need to be allotted for marketing and advertising. The list can go on and if you can cover all the angles, you have a chance. I would love a full service make-over, styled, dressed photo session like a glamourous magazine layout. Fortunately, I know how to produce such professionally but I have considered if I was on a trip to say...LA or Bangkok, London or vacation spots that happen to have such a service, I would try it. There is here in my home city Hong Kong, but I'm afraid it's a little too close for comfort.

Love,
U