PDA

View Full Version : I went back to Lowe's

Krystenw
08-18-2007, 09:35 PM
I needed to go back to Lowe's for some more supplies and this time took your advice and I wore Capri's and a 3/4 length sleeve top.
I got 24 more 2x4's and some other things I needed. I didn't have to get any plywood this time.
When I swipped my credit card the gal looked at me and said "Nice nails" so I knew good and well she knew what was going on.
I just smiled and took my stuff, loaded it in the camper and left.
When we finished there we went to the mall and my wife bought a few things.
I'm still not into shopping yet, but if she wants me to go with her dressed like I am. I'm not going to say anything about how much I don't like to shop.
So thanks again for the encouragement.
Krysten

noname
08-19-2007, 03:59 AM
Only you know the tone is which the comment was made. I've had women exclaim how cute my toes are. It could have been an honest compliment.

Veronica 1
08-19-2007, 05:39 AM
That is just wonderful. As far as shopping goes, it is a great chance to have an outing with the wife. Have fun.

Marla S
08-19-2007, 06:01 AM
Congratulations for your courage :thumbsup:
Way to go.
Have fun.

Mitch23
08-19-2007, 08:00 AM
sounds great to me - well done!

mitch

Shelly Preston
08-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Well done on having the courage to go back there

I hope you next outing is as normal as this one was :)

JamesAlan
08-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I used to work at a Lowe's, half the time I'd have my back to the register a customer would call me sir...*sigh*. Glad to hear your outing went well. I know when I work register I try to compliment the ladies. I know how good it makes me feel. But I'd never make one I didn't mean.

teresa jeen
08-19-2007, 10:02 PM
but you must admit it feels soooooo goooood to be complimented. your efforts have been appreciated by someone.

Phyliss
08-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Seeing your recent photo of what you were wearing when going to Lowes for the second time, that is a perfect choice for the situation.
I happened to be in the local Home Depot over the weekend and I noted a husband and wife who were wandering around, kinda looking at the kitchen displays. I think they had just come from Sunday Services, only because they were both dressed quite well. (He with a suit and tie and her in a dress, [conservative length, low heels, looked like 2"] )The thing that struck me was the reactions of some of the "usual" customers. (knuckle dragging weekend do it yourselfers,). I don't think the lady noticed, but a few of them were staring at her and trying to "get a look". So don't worry about having "chickened out" you were being sensible.

Deidra Cowen
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Congrats sweetie! I gotta say thats a gutsy move going to Lowes...like I said in your other thread...I just don't know if I could be femmy hauling plywood and materials to my vehicle! :heehee:

Tiffy
08-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Congrats hun and I guess you are gonna have to learn to love to shop.:D

Tiffany Lee

Angie G
08-21-2007, 09:03 AM
You go girl and btw shopping is fun girl :hugs:
Angie

KimberlyS
08-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Krysten, looking good and great job.

" When I swipped my credit card the gal looked at me and said "Nice nails" so I knew good and well she knew what was going on. I just smiled and took my stuff "

You provided the gal with a good experience of seeing a CDer. Way to go. And shopping with the wife while enfemme I love it. So much fun.