PDA

View Full Version : Hit on for first time

Michelle S
08-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Well, I went to our local gay bar and for the first time a guy hit on me. I had no interest, but he was polite so it wasn't too awkward. He came over and said I looked lonely and asked if I had been here before. (My girlfriend was meeting me there, so I really wasn't lonely!) The flattering part is that he must have been twenty years younger than me! And then later I saw him dancing with a girl, so maybe he didn't read me???

AllieSF
08-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Way to go Michelle. I had a similar situation this week when I went out for dinner in Sacramento with another lady from this site. We had a great dinner and later went to the associated Club 21 in the back of the restaurant where they had a Lindy Hop dance night. Aparrently, that is a regular happening there. Since I love to dance, I did just that. After dancing with a young lady a nice man came up and asked me to dance. I said that I would have to lead and he said "What?" I explained that I needed to lead because I didn't know how to follow. He finally got it and we both laughed and left it at that. I did meet a cute young (21 to my ??) dance teacher who I am meeting tomorrow for dancing at the 11 anniversary of Lindy on the Park in San Francisco's Golden Gate park.

Keep up the good work.

Lilith Moon
08-19-2007, 07:32 AM
I was read and hit on during my last trip out a few months back. I had mixed feelings about his "Gorgeous tranny" comment, but at least he liked my look and I would guess that he was about half my age !

Veronica 1
08-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Lilith, you are a gorgeous tranny. Do not let that upset you.

Deidra Cowen
08-19-2007, 08:05 AM
I am gald you got a bit of thrill from the young guy hitting on ya sweetie. Its always good for the ego to get some attention when you are out! :p I make no apologies that in my case I luv it when that happens to me.

PaulaJaneThomas
08-19-2007, 09:47 AM
It's just something you have accept may happen if you go in public. Just let them know, politely but firmly, that ypu're not interested (I'm assuming you're not interested ;)) and they'll usually go away. I've had the occassional les girl take a shine me too which proves that it's not only blokes who wear beer goggles :drink: :drink: :drink:

Chantelle CD
08-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I guess this is something we have to deal with, others finding us attractive and want to date or....... only being out one time so far, no idea how i would handle it <giggles> Hmmmm....maybe he read you, and maybe he didnt, there a lot of men and woman out there that love this part of us too, so im slowly finding out :)

trannie T
08-19-2007, 06:12 PM
The very first time I went out dressed it was on Halloween and I went to a gay bar. I was terrified. A man sat next to me and complimented my curly wig. I was really terrified. We talked a bit and I left, still terrified.

Since then I've never been hit on by another man but have had some nice exchanges with women.