PDA

View Full Version : Mitch's latest adventure ...

Mitch23
08-19-2007, 08:41 AM
I've delayed posting this for a while because I went straight on holiday after and I'm still waiting for the piccies - so here goes!

A few weeks ago my work colleagues decided to organize a girlie night out by booking up to see 'High Society' at the Theatre Royal in Plymouth. I was asked if I wanted to come - but it was a 'girlie' night and I would have to be a girl! So I thought about it for at least a nanosecond before 'reluctantly' agreeing!

So I was faced with a choice. Either let them do me up and treat it as a bit of a laugh but probably look like a drag queen. OR come as Mitch which would of course 'out' me to my work colleagues by doing too professional a job. I chose the latter course and to heck with the consequences!!

So I wore my black outfit (as seen on this site) - and looked really good even though I say it myself. I have never been more nervous than when I got out of the car to join the group getting into the minibus. At first I was recognised, then there were gales of laughter, then a kind of stunned admiration. Needless to say, the evening was superb, I did not feel out of place in this high class theatre and I was the best looking girl in our group! Several of them were asking questions because they had worked out that this was not my first attempt - I attempted to answer honestly even though I was saying in effect that I am a trannie!

On return from my holidays, little has been said and work has continued where it left off. I am not aware of any difficulties in my relationships with my colleagues and everyone seems just as friendly as before.

So I'm not saying that this is something that everyone should do but it seemed right for me at the time and it worked out ok

love

Mitch

Shelly Preston
08-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Wow thats a wonderful story :D

So many things could have went wrong

Firstly I am glad you had a great night out and that you even managed to educate some of them a little along the way
Its also nice to hear you are not being treated any differently

I guess now you will be getting invites to all the girly nights out

Could this be the start of a series +?

Sabrina Flowers
08-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Wonderfull story Mitch, nice to hear that the evening went O.K and that you were accepted. you never know you may go out again. Well done.

Deidra Cowen
08-19-2007, 09:23 AM
LOL I had to lookup that black dress pic so I could set the scene in my mind, but yeap you do look good in that. Great adventure sweetie, you were really brave and a kewl chick for pulling off such a fun night with your co workers.

Perhaps I missed some threads in the past...but obviously it seems the ladies at work knew something femmy was up with you to have asked you to go.

Karren H
08-19-2007, 10:54 AM
How cool is that!!!! Lucky girl! I'd have jumped at the chance too.. Well maybe a few months ago! Lol

Karren

Toyah
08-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Sounds like you had a blast and came out in such a way there is no way they can say anything :hugs:

Kendra Irene
08-19-2007, 11:02 AM
You'll know how well you were accepted, when they invite you on their next girls night out.

Kendra

Sandra
08-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Yes but did you enjoy "High Society"? ;)

Seriously Mitch glad things went ok, it was a big step to take and hopefully they'll ask you out again. How did your wife take the news and any chance of her going with you if you get the chance again?

angelfire
08-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Thats great Mitch. You came out to co-workers and had no problems after. Must be great to work with people who are so accepting, and let you be who you are.

SherriePall
08-19-2007, 11:26 AM
So, now, Mitch, where are you going next? Glad you had such a great time on your GNO. There are a couple of jealous girls here now.

Mitch23
08-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Been invited to the Bodyshop party next month! (thats cosmetics). They're planning another show and an Ann Summers Party (sex toys and lingerie) - that'll be the ultimate test!!! I also go out with the college girls - a perfect opportunity to say 'of course when i go out with the girls in Launceston, i go as a girl' and wait for the reaction!

love

Mitch

PaulaJaneThomas
08-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Been invited to the Bodyshop party next month! (thats cosmetics).

They want you to think it's cosmetics but when you get there you'll find they want to re-spray their Fiesta :devil:

Just kidding of course :D I know quite a few TGs who have come out under similar circumstances (myself included) and it seems to work well. Maybe because they see us at our best.

kassi
08-21-2007, 09:21 PM
good job. i'm so proud of you!!! haven't heard from you in a while hope everything is going well.

Mitch23
08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
been on my hols sweetie - no chance to dress or speak to my lovely family of sisters,

mitch

MsPriscilla
08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
|Mitch, what a wonderful way to 'out' yourself. Life must be much more relaxed now!!

Mitch23
08-22-2007, 02:56 PM
relaxed in some ways but pressured in others - would still like a lot more acceptance from my wife - this is going to be a long and painful process and may not happen at all. Lots of confrontations - I must compromise and love her to bits but must stand my ground about my cd and personal times

mitch

Jennilouise
08-22-2007, 03:13 PM
WOW! what a great story Mitch you must have been on a real high afterwards. i would have been. I have been out a couple of times but never in plymouth i also go out the city, i normaly go to torquay as i don't know anyone there LOL.

Nice to see someone who lives quite close.

Lora Olivia
08-22-2007, 03:19 PM
i wanna go with, please please oh pretty please:D

RobertaFermina
08-22-2007, 03:29 PM
...and look at all the 'girlfriends' you scored !

Sometimes life is a dream ! I'm glad for you.

I wish you continued happiness as your relationships grow in light of their new understanding of you.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

hunny67
08-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Hello, Hope you have fun.
Its good to see someone who lives close by.

Hunny67 GG:happy:

Chantelle CD
08-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Wow...That took a lot of guts!!! way to go, glad ya had a lot of fun, have a quick question for ya though....Said it was a girls nite out thing, what made them ask you to go? Think maybe they knew you were you anyways, maybe?

Billijo49504
08-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Fantastic, I'm glad things went well for you, but you did take a chance. Luckily it went well for you. And I'm glad for you...BJ

Kristen Marie
08-23-2007, 12:21 PM
That is wonderful. I am jealous that you had that opportunity!! You need to keep us informed of the aftermath from the party.

Fab Karen
08-23-2007, 04:15 PM
So I was faced with a choice. Either let them do me up and treat it as a bit of a laugh but probably look like a drag queen. OR come as Mitch which would of course 'out' me to my work colleagues by doing too professional a job. I chose the latter course and to heck with the consequences!!

So I wore my black outfit (as seen on this site) - and looked really good even though I say it myself. I have never been more nervous than when I got out of the car to join the group getting into the minibus. At first I was recognised, then there were gales of laughter, then a kind of stunned admiration. Needless to say, the evening was superb, I did not feel out of place in this high class theatre and I was the best looking girl in our group! Several of them were asking questions because they had worked out that this was not my first attempt - I attempted to answer honestly even though I was saying in effect that I am a trannie!

love

Mitch

You go girl!

NovaScotia
08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Well, until something like that happens to me, I enjoy your luck vicariously. Thanks for sharing.

Nova