PDA

View Full Version : Manicure and dinner

BeckyAnderson
08-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Everyone! I haven't posted in a while, shame on me :-)

I have gone out dressed so many times to just about everywhere. Well, almost everywhere. Since my natural nails are getting rather long I decided yesterday, on a whim, to go to a nail salon and get a French manicure. I dressed down for the occasion with plain old jeans and top and flats, did my makeup and headed out the door. I went to the first nail salon I came across and walked in the door. It was very crowded but I asked the girl at the desk if she took "Walk-ins" and she said, "Sure!" I showed her my nails and asked her to for a French manicure. As she gazed down at my hand she looked kind of surprised, I guess I'm the first "Gurl" to come into her shop :-) At any rate, she was very gracious, sat me in a chair and began. Needless to say I was so excited!

The girl in the next chair (looked to be about 20 years old) didn't even bat an eye and we began a conversation just like I was one of the girls :-) She asked if my nails were natural and when I said yes she began to tell me all about hers and how she wished she could have nails like mine. We talked the entire time that I was there, it was so relaxing and pleasurable to just chit chat.

This is a first for me and I can tell you it definitely won't be the last. I had such a great experience!

It was getting late in the afternoon and I was getting hungry so I stopped at a nearby diner and had dinner. The host, my waitress and the patrons were an absolute pleasure.

It never ceases to amaze me when I see just how accepting everyone is. "We've come a long way baby!"

Hugs,
Becky

sissystephanie
08-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Becky,

Next time go for the works! Manicure and Pedicure! I go every two weeks and have a great time. Other lady clients and I talk about all kinds of things, and I almost always get compliments on both my nail and what I am wearing. I always go wearing totally feminine clothing (skirt or skort, etc) and open toe sandals. My finger nails are acrylic because I have a problem of splitting, but they are feminine in length and rounded like other ladies.

I do go out to eat a lot, usually enfemme without a wig or makeup. Never have had any problem, and get treated very well. Being a good tipper may help there!!

Nice Nails do rule!!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Talon DeRojo
08-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Becky - How nice to be treated like the more usual customers at the nail salon! Thanks for sharing the experience.
Talon:happy:

Robingirl
08-19-2007, 04:30 PM
I can just picture you doing that Becky! How have you been ? If you are going to the Tri-Ess and going out afterwards please let me know. I am much more active now in socializing and love to go out after an event. It would be nice seeing you and the others.

BeckyAnderson
08-19-2007, 04:59 PM
I can just picture you doing that Becky! How have you been ? If you are going to the Tri-Ess and going out afterwards please let me know. I am much more active now in socializing and love to go out after an event. It would be nice seeing you and the others.

Hi Robin. How have ya been girlfriend? It would be great seeing you too. We generally go out before the meeting to Dress Barn (which the other Triess members have nicknamed Becky Barn :heehee: 'cause I go there so much) and sometimes dinner and we usually go out after the meeting to the restaurant for coffee and pie. It gives us a chance to get new girls safely out into public while having the safety of being with people you know.

Hope to see ya soon,
Becky

Hi Talon, I love sharing moments like this. I've spent so many years in the closet that this feels like a new life! And with every passing day people become more and more accepting. Who knows, maybe one day soon we can shed our closets for the great outdoors!

Hugs,
Becky

Hi Sissy! What a great idea! Now that I have had the taste of getting my nails done I will just have to have to bite the bullet and go for the gold!

Hugs,
Becky

Di
08-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi hon love hearing what you are up too....what an awesome post.:hugs: