PDA

View Full Version : In a Name

rexy
08-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I would like to ask some of you girls a question ? Girls what do you like to be called ? A Crossdresser , transvestite or transgender?

sissystephanie
08-19-2007, 07:06 PM
[COLOR="Magenta"]I would like to ask some of you girls a question ? Girls what do you like to be called ? A Crossdresser , transvestite or transgender [?/COLOR]

Rexy,

Crossdresser and Transvestite mean the same thing: a person who likes to dress in the clothing of the opposite sex. Transgender is generally construed to mean a person who was born biologically one sex, but who thinks he, or she, is really the opposite sex.

I am a Male to Female Crossdresser - nothing more, nothing less. I am still a man, and always will be!:happy: Regardless of what I am wearing, or how I look.

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Heather_Marie
08-19-2007, 07:36 PM
I also am a Male to Female Crossdresser. I like to be called a crossdresser.

Chantelle CD
08-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Hmmm well... I really hate putting a label on what feels so natural, but i guess crossdresser sits best on me

Kahlan51
08-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Hmmm well... I really hate putting a label on what feels so natural, but i guess crossdresser sits best on me

I agree from another Western Canadian Girl In Victoria Kahlan

Stephenie S
08-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Call me what I call myself, please, a woman.

Stephenie

Amy Sue
08-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I would have to say crossdresser. I think it's because the first time I heard the word transvestite it was used as if the person was some sort of freak and doing something morally worng. I know I am not, and it essentially means the same thing as crossdresser. I just don't like how the word sounds to me.

Amy :)

Angie G
08-19-2007, 08:55 PM
I like to be called Angie and forget the handels :hugs:
Angie

BarbaraTalbot
08-19-2007, 09:05 PM
..I prefer crossdresser. Transvestite sounds pervy to me. Not logically since the mean the same thing but at an emotional level. I think it has to do with early messages and impressions. I think the term crossdresser was not one I had heard, and the context in which I had heard transvestite, seemed to be (in my mind) applicable to those I would now think of as male prostitutes whether in or out of female clothing. Not accurate, but much of the information provided to me in my youth was pretty vague and based on innuendos rather than stated clear accurate information.

On the other hand if going to Rocky Horror now (more Dee's thing than mine in the past) I would definitely want to go as a "Sweet Transvestite".

Dee sitting here wondered if I wouldn't rather be called a male lesbian, or maybe a chick with a ..er never mind that one, but in either case, erm no.

Veronica 1
08-19-2007, 09:31 PM
My name is Ronni, I am what I am. If you need to label then I am a crossdresser.

teresa jeen
08-19-2007, 09:39 PM
i prefer to be called by the name teresa jeen when in my female attire,t j will do,my thing is just let it go and be yourself. i know in certain situations bob is better than betty. so go with the flow.

Mary Morgan
08-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I am transgender and I crossdress.

Charleen
08-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Non-op TG. CD. ABC. QT. Most of all Lily. I consider myself a CD when I have to be Charlie for work.

Alice B
08-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Cross dresser because that is what I am. Nothing more and nothing less.

dakota_ann69
08-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I am a MTF Crossdresser nothing more and nothing less. I work as a Heavy Duty Mechanic and when I am home from work I enjoy being Dakota_Ann.

:D

Julogden
08-19-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm transgendered, crossdresser variety.

Carol

LilSissyStevie
08-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Call me what you like, just don't call me late for dinner.

sterling12
08-20-2007, 12:29 AM
I like to be called Joanie!

After that point, you can call me what you like. It may be accurate or inaccurate, but we will eventually get it all straightened out.

But, since you asked? I think I might prefer "transgendered," it's a label that seems to fit....without binding.

Peace and Love, Joanie

PaulaJaneThomas
08-20-2007, 02:02 AM
[COLOR="Magenta"]I would like to ask some of you girls a question ? Girls what do you like to be called ? A Crossdresser , transvestite or transgender [?/COLOR]

Definitely transgender (or trans for short). Transvestite comes from an overly simplistic view of gender identity variance and should be consigned to history. I cannot abide the term crossdressers. It merely describes an action, devoid of an context, and can give the false and damaging impression that being trans is some sort of hobby like golfer or model maker.

PaulaJaneThomas
08-20-2007, 02:06 AM
Transgender is generally construed to mean a person who was born biologically one sex, but who thinks he, or she, is really the opposite sex.

Transgender is NOT a psynonym for transsexual. It covers the whole range of gender variance.

trannie T
08-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Although I am usually referred to as a disgusting freak I actually prefer the term "crossdresser."

Suzy Harrison
08-20-2007, 02:14 AM
I'd never even heard the name 'crossdresser' until about 10 years ago - is it a fairly new expression?
I used to think I was a Transvestite - although I hated the name as it sounds something like a nasty rash - and you should be taking some ointment for it !
Over the years I realised I was Transgendered all along - I never liked sports, being blokey or even being male (or pretending to be) I could always talk for hours to females but find it hard to talk to guys as I have nothing in common with them. Even now in my occupation I work with nurses - most are female - and I feel just one of them........

Lilith Moon
08-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Crossdresser.

Because there is a huge variety among us as well as many different reasons for what we do. Just about the only thing we do have in common is a wish to wear clothes traditionally worn by the other gender.

Hippy Chic's Chick
08-20-2007, 05:03 AM
Dee sitting here wondered if I wouldn't rather be called a male lesbian, or maybe a chick with a ..er never mind that one, but in either case, erm no.

You've been having the same conversations as us!

The thing is that I'm now worried about my own sexuality and the labels I need to apply. If I'm sleeping with a male lesbian then what am I? I think we've settled on a mono-sexual, lesbian that only sleeps with men.

I'm going for a lie down... :rolleyes:

LindaTS
08-20-2007, 08:26 AM
I prefer to be called my my name, which is Linda, and I think of myself as a woman. I guess that answers the question.

Tina Dixon
08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Heck all the above or a guy in a dress.

SatinDoll00
08-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Hmmm,

In a perfect world, I would be a woman. I know I cannot transition, and given circumstances, I don't even want to really. However, if my circumstances were different, I would.

I guess that makes me a Crossdresser. Or does it make me a Transgender that can do nothing about it?

Morgan

Joy Carter
08-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Hmmmm. A maybe female brained guy ? I call my self transgendered if you want to know. TV sounds "back alley" to to me. I'm out in the sun shine.:D

PortiaHoney
08-20-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm never anything long enough to qualify for a label - LOL. Used to think TG but didn't have the ba__s, then I was straight for a while, became a dad, till I met this cute guy, then I lived privately CD wile we dated, then met a couple of pretty broadminded GG's, CD, SUB, DOM, and then a very narrow minded one, now I like to wear femme at home and drab at work, ears peirced longish nails sexy underwear, no one questions, what's in a label???????

PortiaHoney
08-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Heck all the above or a guy in a dress.

Like your style Tina:thumbsup:

Carla4Guage
08-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Once when I was out I overheard "Did you see that tall girl?". Being called a girl is the most any of us can hope for. But if you have to label, I prefer Crossdresser over anything else. I feel it has less negative that some of the other labels.

Elsbeth
08-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Well, someday I hope to be called pretty. :)

The term I've used for my self is: Occasional Girl. For me it isn't about the clothes - it is about the persona that manifests. Sometimes I am male, and sometimes female, and this has been going on as long as I can remember.

So I am an Occasional Girl. Doesn't seem so labely.

El

Mona
08-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Blue, or maybe pink?

Deborah Jane
08-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Well, someday I hope to be called pretty. :)

The term I've used for my self is: Occasional Girl. For me it isn't about the cloths - it is about the persona that manifests. Sometimes I am male, and sometimes female, and this has been going on as long as I can remember.

So I am an Occasional Girl. Doesn't seem so labely.

El

I,d go with Elsbeth on this! Occasional Girl sounds about right!!

Alex!
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm a crossdresser in accordance with Western culture. There is no question in my mind about my gender, biological sex, and sexual attraction to women. I'm just a plain old guy who dresses in girl clothes now and then.

Charlene Ogden
08-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Crossdresser fits me best but I prefer something along the lines of an American Indian type of name like...
....He who wears heals....or maybe...
......Silky Legs..... :-)

RaineK
08-20-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm a male and always will be.

When I dress and become Abbie, I'm a woman who likes to be in woman's world.

So, I guess I'm a transitional crossdresser. When I'm Raine, I'm happy and when I become Abbie, I'm just as happy spending Raine's money on what a woman needs. :heehee:

Crossdresser to me is just fine. I'm not embarrassed to be called that, I'm happy with myself, my life and quite content to live the way I am.

ronna
08-20-2007, 05:16 PM
I like to be called "Honey."
But you can call me any time, Rexy!

rexy
08-20-2007, 06:20 PM
I would like to say thanks to all of you girls who have posted on this thread. I would like to say for myself I am transgender. This is because i feel when I BECOME REXY I transform to a women in my mind . To me that is the only way i can go out of my house, only if I BECOME REXY A WOMEN.

NatalieBliss
08-20-2007, 06:45 PM
I would have to say crossdresser. I think it's because the first time I heard the word transvestite it was used as if the person was some sort of freak and doing something morally worng. I know I am not, and it essentially means the same thing as crossdresser. I just don't like how the word sounds to me.

Amy :)

:iagree:

Paula G
08-20-2007, 07:57 PM
I just consider myself a crossdresser.