PDA

View Full Version : Femme Name/How Did You Decide?

CarrieAnneEvers
08-19-2007, 07:18 PM
How did you come up with your femme name? I have used several:

Carolyn (Carrie): The name of my first wig.

Erica: Just added an "a" to my name

Natalie: The name my mom picked for me if I had been a girl.

Xandra
08-19-2007, 07:32 PM
I have always liked the name Alexandra and used to walk to school with a girl of the same name (she liked to be called Alex). I would have used the full name on joining the forum but it - and Alex - were already taken!

Heather_Marie
08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
I though about it for a long time and my SO also helped and we came up with Heather. I like that name it fits me great.

summermarie
08-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I came up with the name Summer Marie because I really like the name Summer and Marie is the name of one of my old girlfriends. I did not choose her name because of her BUT I thought that name went really well together with Summer.

Carroll
08-19-2007, 08:23 PM
My wife gave it to me

Zee
08-19-2007, 08:26 PM
My wife gave it to me

Diddo... and a lot of people call me that now too, though they don't know why.

Paula G
08-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Just took the feminine form of the name usually connected with my first name.

valery
08-19-2007, 10:25 PM
I was searching on the internet to find a name for me with the idea that it must be somewhere. This took me 'bout a week and I went through all those websites you can find for parents looking for names for their children. I couldn't find anything right and was really in a bad mood but then I had the idea to search for unisex-names (as I see myself as 'inbetween') and I found this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unisex_name

When I went through the list of names and read the name 'valery' I was killed and at once I knew without a doubt that this was/is my name.

Alice B
08-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Just add "ice":happy:

dakota_ann69
08-20-2007, 12:45 AM
I had the idea to search for unisex-names (as I see myself 'inbetween')

I ditto with valery I searched for unisex names and when I came across Dakota I felt that it fit it is an indian name meaning friend or ally. As for the middle name it is my SO middle name.

:hugs:

Dakota

Hermione Simpson
08-20-2007, 01:36 AM
hermione because of my favourite harry potter character, and my surname simpson, because it's my mums maiden name

connie d
08-20-2007, 02:42 AM
i guess i aways like connie stevens and a few othetr notales so it just happen without me relizeing i was connie

Rachell
08-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Just liked Rachell the most, used to know a very nice girl in grade school by that name but only she had one L.
R.:hugs:

Cyndie
08-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Same here, I knew a cute girl in elementary school, wish I was as cute as her. She spelled it Cindy, I thought I'm a different kind of girl so the spelling change.

TTFN

Cyndie

PortiaHoney
08-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Portia because of Portia De Rossi (also from some chick who played a guy in Will Shakespear play- that's how I feel some times)(also because it sounds like Porsche), Honey because it's sweet. This is my first reply..... scary. Been CD'ing for years and never had femme name till now.

Tina Dixon
08-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Even as a little boy I knew if I was a girl I would be Tina :D

Ashly
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I got mine from mom..as I said earlier, she wanted to have another daughter. To my understanding, Ashly is anyways a unisex name

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-20-2007, 09:09 AM
My wife and I came up with it together, nobody in the family has this name so we figured it would be safe if I ever got found out and also the family needed a Sandra. The Michelle is femme for my middle name and has always been a favorite of mine, I would have preferred to be just Michelle but we have several of them in the family.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Just add "ice":happy:
And you look kewl too.

The first girl name I ever used, back in high school, came from a key ring some woman lost. Rosa Lee. But that wasn't me.

There is a long history for my name available on my personal site (would I be able to post that address here? Perhaps I will and see what happens.) but the first name I used as a 'girl' online was developed with the help of a girl friend for a fantasy role play game based on the Dragon Riders of Pern stories by Ann McCaffrey.

If the moderators don't bleep it - you can read my name history, and more about me, at http://home.earthlink.net/~rlynne9/

joann07
08-20-2007, 10:05 AM
I knew a lot of pretty girls with the same name so it stuck with me.

Darlene-VA
08-20-2007, 10:17 AM
My parents always said if they had a girl they would have named her Darlene, so I did it for them

Amber CD
08-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I chose "Amber Marie" because it just seemed to flow with my name.

Kellicd
08-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I picked this name because it's the name my mother was going to name me if I'd been born a girl. :love:

Elsbeth
08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't really know. It has just always been my female name. I honestly can't remember when I started using it.

El

Charlene Ogden
08-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi all,
This is a fun question I love asking every girl I meet. How did you choose your femme name?
The process at FINALLY arriving at a name was one that took years for me.
I first started out as Tammy in homage to my 7th grade band teacher whose nyloned feet had me in total awe.
After a few years, I realized that there were a bazillion CD's called Tammy.
I felt that a new name a bit closer to my own (guy) name would feel more personal so I chose Charlene. True, many CD's have that name but, who cares cause it's close to my own. I made it my own and stuck to it.
My last name Ogden, is in tribute to a girl I went to high school with many, many years ago. She was a kind soul with the most wonderfully hosed feet I'd ever seen.
She sat either infront of me or beside me in many classes throughout HS. I was transfixed on her impeccable toes and soles in sheer nylon. Her image fueled my nylon/foot fetish which later led to my crossdressing.
I'd love to hear everyone's response.

Veris
08-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Well~ I first came by the name when I chose it for one of my characters for an online roleplay. I later discovered Veris was the species name of a flower (Primula Veris, a.k.a. cowslip).

I was tickled purple to find that out, Since I loved the name so much, and it's stuck with me for quite a while :)

carie
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
mine is easy ..

when i was a kid, all of my friends call me "kherie" which is pronounced "carry" . "kherie" is actually my real name but with added slang from a state in my country. I always like it because its sounds like a girl name. "carry" sounds like Carie . so there u go ..

Charlene Ogden
08-20-2007, 04:04 PM
that was easy. I'd love to hear from some of you other girls.
Someone commented on this being a sort of a pointless thread. Not so! A name is just as much a part of our feminine being as other aspects.
We answer all sorts of poles on what type of pantyhose we wear and whether or not we like pantyhose or stockings. A name is even more personal and its history ( if there is one) should be shared.
Nuff said. :-) Share away.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
that was easy. I'd love to hear from some of you other girls.
Someone commented on this being a sort of a pointless thread. Not so! A name is just as much a part of our feminine being as other aspects.
We answer all sorts of poles on what type of pantyhose we wear and whether or not we like pantyhose or stockings. A name is even more personal and its history ( if there is one) should be shared.
Nuff said. :-) Share away.
And since my name history is available on my web site I won't re-post it here. Click the link I added in my signature if you want to read that and/or more about me.

Rachana
08-20-2007, 06:22 PM
My name means 'A beautiful composition/creation'. I've always loved the name, so I kept it.

Deborah Jane
08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
I just liked the name Deborah[Debbie or Debs for short]. Jane is there because it makes my initials! DJ!!!

SweetCaroline
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
I have a long history with the name Caroline. I first noticed it as a teen, in the song "Pretty in Pink" (I had a huge crush on Molly Ringwald). I had already started CDing on a regular basic. I was a bit of a loner as an early teen, and didn't have many friends. I lived in a rich fantasy world. In one of the fantasies I was a rock star and one of the members of my band was a tall, tom-boyish girl named Caroline Scott. Years after that, in College, I tried to write a comic book (which I later wrote out as a full length novel). Basically a Metaphor for my teen years. The main character was a 16 year old girl, otherwise normal, who had her genes spliced with a lion, turning her into a Lion Lady. Her name was Caroline Anderson. Years after that I added a middle name, Emily, after Emily Dickenson, since I fancied my femme persona to be something of a poet. So that's how I became Caroline Emily Anderson today.

More than you needed to hear, but someone asked...:tongueout

Veronica 1
08-20-2007, 07:21 PM
My name is Ron but since I started my current job 10 years ago, everybody there has called me Ronni and now it is natural. I am sometimes tempted to go to work dressed and blame them for my current addiction.

Val702
08-22-2007, 03:09 AM
I kinda don't feel like I need a Femme name. But whenever I come up with a name for one of my cartoon characters, I just kinda sit back for a minute and make something up. Maybe I'll look up a name associated somehow with a trait of the character. "Val" is just my User name here. It is a nickname an old girlfriend gave me. Just short for my last name.

Cheryl J
08-22-2007, 05:37 AM
When I realised I would need a femme name I took the name of my first GF.
Now many years later my SO asked me how I called myself that and she was never comfortable with it. Now that she is more tolerant and we can talk about my crossdressing, I asked her what was her favourite femme name other than our female relatives. She said Yvonne. Without hesitation I am now Yvonne (Yvonne CD forum username -thanks again Wendy_me). So there you have it - now I'm waffling - sorry !

hugs

Yvonne

Trinni
08-22-2007, 06:37 AM
I guess I'm lucky because the name Trinni just came to me while I was wearing a pair of panties and I loved it. In my mind it fit so well I have never thought of changing it. The same goes for the Trinni's last name but I'm going to keep that secret for now.

jenniferj
08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
When I first presented myself dressed to my wife, she said I was remarkably pretty and said I looked like a Jennifer. She also said I reminded her of Katherine Ross. (It was that long ago)

Ever since that day, I have considered myself connected to all Jennifers, and jumped at any chance to see a Katherine Ross flick.

The J on the end was added mostly for alliteration ("jj" has always seemed cool to me), but also as an homage to Joan Severence, my avatar.

jj

MsPriscilla
08-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Priscilla seems the most femme name I can think of

Mitch23
08-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Decided for me - I took Michelle as a femme version of Mike and a dear friend of mine (GG) shortened it to Mitch - and it fitted me perfectly!

Mitch

SatinDoll00
08-22-2007, 05:56 PM
I took about 100 names and threw this one out of a hat! :)

No, I didn't.

Did anyone ever play the game Diablo?? (any PC games in the group?)

Well...here it is in a nutshell.

A few friends and I decided to try this game on-line. In the game, you have the choice of 3 characters...two males and a female. Well...I agreed to 'settle' for the girl character (like I wouldn't have picked her anyway...GIRLS RULE!)

So, I had to decide on a name. What else would you call a badass girl with a bow and arrow that could cast magic spells?? Morgana (after the Arthurian legend...Morgana LeFay!)

Well...for me, this was basically the first time I was 'out'!! :)

I could be Morgana and no one could ridicule me, because I was the most powerful of the little group! Let me tell you honey, Morgana whipped many-a-ass!!

So...when I decided that I wanted to chose a CD name, I naturally went back to my only 'public' experience as a fem. Morgana got shortened to Morgan (who uses Morgana any more if you aren't of French descent?)

Morgan <---formerly known as Morgana

When I first presented myself dressed to my wife, she said I was remarkably pretty and said I looked like a Jennifer. She also said I reminded her of Katherine Ross.

Most anyone that has seen me dressed says I look like a Lane Bryant. Oh no, wait...that is where they ask me if I shop :)

Morgan <---shops at Lane Bryant!

Rosaliy Lynne
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
My name means 'A beautiful composition/creation'. I've always loved the name, so I kept it.

the heading for this message says it all but the system would not let me leave nothing after the quote.

Ermintrude
08-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Spur of the moment.

Having finally decided to join, I was asked for a name and was totally unprepared! I tried quickly to think of a name that wouldn't already be in use, and "Ermintrude" was the first name that came to mind. :)

The only Ermintrude I know was a cow in the children's TV programme "The Magic Roundabout". She always had a flower in her mouth, and was a bit dippy.

Probably a bad choice, since I'm neither bovine nor (I hope) dippy - but I'm stuck with it now. And to be honest, it's kind of grown on me. :)

Billijo49504
08-23-2007, 02:18 AM
It's what my mom would have named me, if I'd been a girl.....BJ

lisa1965
08-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I have always liked the name Lisa and if i had been born the right sex i hope i would have Had that name.

Rachana
08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks Rosaliy. Appreciate the complement.

SweetCaroline
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
It's what my mom would have named me, if I'd been a girl.....BJ

In that case, my name would have been Jennifer. LOL!

27th Jennifer
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Ana Banana. It rhymes, not to mention the pun.
I prefer "AH-nuh Buh-NAH-nuh"

ronni
08-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Charlene has my favorite response.
Mine doesn't make as much sense.
I'm Ronna's evil twin sister.
Ronna got her name from an online single's ad.
I didn't have any really great ideas so I stole her identity.
I pretended to be Ronna but people caught on so I had to go incognito.
I changed my hair color and my name and now nobody knows but me.

MarinaTwelve200
08-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Well, my first name could not take well to feminization (no equivalent I know of) So I decided to use a fem version of my middle name---but I didnt like "Martha" or "Margret"---I needed a "M A R" name----My sister is Mary so that was out. One day I saw star trek episode and Troi's real name is MARINA--- I sorta like her look, and the name sounded good, so I took it.

Next, The web server just wouldnt take "Marina." but rather something like "Marina 475868" I didnt need to remember THAT big of a number, so I decided to SPELL the number--as in "MarinaOne"---but I wasnt the only Marina that had that idea--I eventually ended up with "MARINA TWELVE"

camera_laura
08-23-2007, 10:34 PM
I am amazed at the variety of different ways at which you have arrived at your names. They are all very interesting.

Here is my story.

As an adolescent/young-adult, my first three girlfriends were named:
Lori
Laurie
Lorrie

My ex once observed that I "must have a 'thing' for that name.

Do the math.

:tongueout

NewBetty
08-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I needed a handle when I joined this forum.
Betty... you know:slang for cute girl
just popped out.

BarbaraTalbot
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
I needed a new email to with great trepidation ask for and get some feedback on the look I was trying to put together for the first time. I decided to think up a femme name and went with the first name that occurred to me with the same initial as my given name. I thought right away of a girl in my 4th grade class named Barbara.

Naturally Barbara was taken on Yahoo. Talbot was the street I lived on at the time, a block away from Barbara's house.

Rene
08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I picked a name that, Like me could be both male and female.

Debbie47
08-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I picked Debbie because there were alot of Debbie's I went to school with and I liked a couple of them. When I sold my first home my realtor's name was Debbie. She was very pretty. It was a couple years later that I picked my female name. Sometimes I wish I had thought about it more but I am OK with what I picked. Turned out when I got married (2nd and last time) her name was also Debbie.

kassandra richard
08-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Did anyone ever play the game Diablo?? (any PC games in the group?)

Well...here it is in a nutshell.

A few friends and I decided to try this game on-line. In the game, you have the choice of 3 characters...two males and a female. Well...I agreed to 'settle' for the girl character (like I wouldn't have picked her anyway...GIRLS RULE!)

That's hilarious only because every time I've played Diablo or Unreal Tournament I pick female avatars/characters. It drives my son crazy but I don't care :)

My history has East European roots, so I had originally thought of name like Katrina or Katriana. But after a bit Kassandra seemed to fit better. Then someone here told me that the name is for a Greek Oracle who couldn't get anyone to believe her. That's just too close to true for comfort. So Kassandra it is.

Kassandra

KatrinaAshley
08-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm not perfectly content with this one. I always kinda liked Katie and knew a few in school with longer names that contract to this. However that was of course taken so I threw a rather common name on the end. Then decided Katie Ashley sounded too 'rhyme-y', and altered the first half.

It's so hard to choose a name, especially when you want it to be a little more original. Plus I expect Katrina to become less popular for a time due to the hurricane everybody knows about.

camera_laura
08-23-2007, 11:51 PM
I needed a handle when I joined this forum.
Betty... you know:slang for cute girl
just popped out.

I was not familiar with that particular slang.

Is that where Boop-e-doop comes from?