PDA

View Full Version : Why a name

ubokvt
08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
There a couple of threads up now about choosing a name. A better question might be why do you need it. Who is the name for. What is its link to what you seek. For me I had one but it just doesn't fit and at most I use a name male or fem so others can identify me. To those closest to me, and me, the names have just slipped away. So why a name at the start of this journey?

Lanore
08-20-2007, 03:21 PM
My journey started when I was born and if I would have been born female, I would have been named Lanore.

Lanore

Trinni
08-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Since no one knows about my love of womens clothes, dressing up and sometimes feeling like a girl, the name is strictly for me. There are times when I'm out with my wife or friends and I see some clothes I would love to try on and I think about it as Trinni and I laugh to myself. Having the name of Trinni is fun for me and a private release from the tension or pressures life can sometimes bring.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
defines how I see myself. I was given one name at birth and it is a good name and wears well. It is also me, in boy mode. The name I chose IS ME. No one gave it to me and it fits better than the one I was originally given. Simply put: that's why.

RaineK
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree with Rosaliy, a femme name goes with your femme identity. Being femme is a holistic lifestyle, for most of us anyway. It's who we are when we're femme - I change from Raine to Abbie.

I even have a bank credit card issued to Miss Abbie Moore, so I can use that to pay for meals, clothes, make up and whatever else I need. I am not really going to pay for something use a card in the name of Mr Raine Kerdousky, not when I'm Abbie Moore anyway.

Using a femme name is one of the elements of the identity, just like the "look", the personality, etc.

ubokvt
08-20-2007, 07:31 PM
For me at times it seems a name, seems to define/confine. This thing, CDing, started out as "FUN" and them morphed as I experienced and grew. For me it has become a journey of the soul. I am neither male or female but a person who has both with in, I am whole, complete, no longer divided. I am who I am. At times a name seems to tell the world, you, who you are, put you in a neat little box so it all makes sense, this is my female identity, this is my male identity. We are more than that so what is this mystical conection to name.

Trinni
08-20-2007, 07:59 PM
For me I like being a guy and prefer to dress that way most of the time. Other times I like being dressed up and being Trinni. For me being Trinni is a way of cutting loose and letting off steam. I have to admit there are times I feel like Trinni out of the blue, but most of the time I only feel like Trinni when I want to. Also Trinni is my little secret and I like it that way.

Taffy
08-20-2007, 09:21 PM
I felt like I needed a name, one that I could use online and that it really fit me...

Shevan
08-20-2007, 09:32 PM
To make it more of a fantasy

teresa jeen
08-20-2007, 10:23 PM
for me it was for one of the most loving women i had met,and had the pleasure of being her lover. she was the most womanly person i had ever met. if only things had worked out. (we wore the same sizes,doggonnit)

Cheyenne Skye
08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
The name I use here is the one that I would have given to a daughter if I ever had one. But due to my wife's medical issues, that will never happen. So that makes it a name that would otherwise be in my family.

Alex!
08-20-2007, 11:06 PM
It's a bow on a package. That's all. Plus, it seems to make sense for someone dressed as a girl not to be addressed as Bruce or Raul.

Or you could have an android/future chick name: THX 1138 or Jessica 6 or whatever :)

BarbaraTalbot
08-21-2007, 01:09 AM
For me at times it seems a name, seems to define/confine. This thing, CDing, started out as "FUN" and them morphed as I experienced and grew. For me it has become a journey of the soul. I am neither male or female but a person who has both with in, I am whole, complete, no longer divided. I am who I am. At times a name seems to tell the world, you, who you are, put you in a neat little box so it all makes sense, this is my female identity, this is my male identity. We are more than that so what is this mystical conection to name.

I am no-where that far along my journey that I can yet integrate the way I feel when dressed with how I have evolved as a male these many years. It is a good goal though I think. Long term I think maturing my femme side to the point that "she" becomes just "me" in harmony with the "he" I have exclusively been. The only progress along that line that I have noticed is that I can connect even in drab to those feelings by describing myself as "my Barbara side feels..."

When integrated fully, it would seem that a descriptive gender neutral name would make sense.

As I explore my gender issues, I try to remember pronouns to be respectful of others whose journey is more inline with an actual shift from their bio-gender. For me I find 'she' kind of an affectation. I am me, and me is a he. I might feel differently at different times.

Chantelle CD
08-21-2007, 02:36 AM
When i get dressed, and flick that switch, i fade into the background, no longer are we a mix of both, i am female, being called my male name just does not fit, feel right, or comfortable. She is a woman, has her own personality, a strong sense of self, she wants to be, to express, have her identity. I am sorry i have fought her for so long, her name....Chantelle is who she is...we share this body, call apon the strengths of each other when needed, at any time, she wants to be herself too, and the name fits her.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-21-2007, 03:40 AM
It's what completes the total package of becoming en-femme. It kind of kills the mood or essence for me to be en-femme and still use my male name. Jocelyn

Darlene-VA
08-21-2007, 09:37 AM
My parents wanted to call their daughter Darlene so I did it for them

PortiaHoney
08-21-2007, 09:44 AM
defines how I see myself. I was given one name at birth and it is a good name and wears well. It is also me, in boy mode. The name I chose IS ME. No one gave it to me and it fits better than the one I was originally given. Simply put: that's why.

I totally agree with Rosaliy but I also see your point. I have never thought a name important during my years of "suppressed" CD'ing. My dressing is becoming an important part of my life and I get to choose what my femme name is. It's just another step to self identity and self realisation. You don't have to have one but it just feels nice and when it's right, it just feels right. It's up to the individual and it doesn't come any more individual than this.:love: