PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed ?

Maryanntv
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi girls
been sometime since I've been in here...just got his question for you all...
I'm what you would call an " occasional" dresser..I used to be happy to dress up once in a while and be Maryann for some time. But the last couple of months it seems like the urge is getting worse, just can't get it out of my mind anymore....the older I get ( mind you... I'm not THAT old :) ) the more I want to be my feminine self.Sometimes it's getting so bad, I can't function in my normal routine anymore.
How do you girls cope with that ?

Veronica 1
08-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Get dressed, hon. I am going through about the same thing right now. I find that wearing panties and hose to work helps and if I find the stress building at work, I just step into the washroom, take off my shoes and socks and just admire my painted toes for a bit to remind myself of who I am. I am lucky in that I live alone and have little company so as soon as I get home I change into Ronni and then I can relax. Works for me.

raleighbelle
08-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't really know the answer to your question - I just wanted to say the same thing happens to me. I become obsessed with it as well. If I could dress 24 hours a day every day I would. If I could live life as a woman I would. It never fully goes away, but sometimes are worse than others.

Chantelle CD
08-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Same with me, its like a compultion i cant stop!! What i do to slow it down, is simply feel it in guy mode, feel womanly while in guy mode from time to time. Have a smoke like a lady, even dance to a song, i just do that in private times as myself....works for me.

Charleen
08-20-2007, 08:00 PM
It's who we are. It's what we do.

ronni
08-20-2007, 08:09 PM
When you can't dress, you shop!
But then, you end up with a lot of clothes you haven't worn yet.
It won't end, you need to find a balance.
Another fun pastime is to take pictures of yourself in your various outfits and spend some time sorting and arranging them. You can try to relive your favorite times even if you can't get dressed right then.

camera_laura
08-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm what you would call an " occasional" dresser..I used to be happy to dress up once in a while and be Maryann for some time.
Sounds a lot like me, and I would guess, many others here.

But the last couple of months it seems like the urge is getting worse, just can't get it out of my mind anymore
Again, that happens to me sometimes and it almost becomes a fixation, but for me, fighting the urge only makes things worse. I persue dressing as much as the stituation will allow.

....the older I get ( mind you... I'm not THAT old :) ) the more I want to be my feminine self.

I'll have to dig out a copy of an article written by Steve Otto entitled "We don't have as much time as we think" . It is very sobering and there was a time that I read it every day. Somehow one in of my last 3 moves, it has gotten buried. I may have an electronic copy somewhere and if I find that I'll figure out a way to make it visible.

Sometimes it's getting so bad, I can't function in my normal routine anymore.
Well, you can do what I'm doing an make it part of your normal routine. At least to the extent that you are comfortable. Here are some things that I do as 'part of my routine' that cater to my fem side:

I shave my underarms. Sure it is a small step, but it is something that no-one @ work or the gym will ever notice.
I sleep in femanine pajamas, nighties, or panties/bra.
While I don't go out fully dressed, on weekends I do mostly have panties on. When the weather is cooler I add stockings/nylons and if my shirt is heavy enough, a bra.

Hope this helps.

Heather_Marie
08-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I go through phases and right now I am in a big phase. At lease I go up and down (Phases). That’s how I work right now. Who knows what’s the future holds that’s the beauty of it. I hope that helps.

camera_laura
08-20-2007, 08:19 PM
and just admire my painted toes ...

Oh how I would like to paint my toes on a regular basis but I'm a bit self-conscious changing at the gym (yes I am the 87 lb weakling :D)

Ditto for shaving my legs. Based on another thread here, I have started looking around to see if other guys (there an just out in public in general) shave their legs. The other thread implies that this happens more frequently than I have previously observe.

Carla4Guage
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
:2c:The bottom line - not nearly enough! Shaving helps, I body shave every morning & my SO shaves my back every three-four days (Yes, I'm that hairy). I work out twice a week, if anyone has noticed my legs they haven't said anything. I don't think anybody really notices or cares! I wear an ankle bracelet 24/7, it's kind of my defiance to being DRAB. I underdress most days and I like to dress completely once a week if I don't get a chance to dress that often I get a bit bitchy.

Glenda58
08-20-2007, 10:38 PM
I thought I was a occasional dresser when I was younger. Now after many years of dressing I have come to accept myself that I like dressing and not to fight it. I stressed myself over this sneaking to dress whenever I could and feeling guilty about it.

SatinDoll00
08-20-2007, 11:31 PM
....the older I get ( mind you... I'm not THAT old :) ) the more I want to be my feminine self.Sometimes it's getting so bad, I can't function in my normal routine anymore

Amen to that sister!

By the way, for someone that is an occasional dresser, you have a pretty good look going there!! Nicely done!

I find that recently I am increasingly frustrated by not having the chance to be who I am often enough.

Morgan

PaulaJaneThomas
08-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Assuming your private life affords you the opportunity, just do it.

Ashly
08-21-2007, 08:39 AM
It seems the older I get the more I like it..Can't say I am obsessed, but not wearing a skirt for one single day seems not to be right..like something is missing.
On the other side, I am addicted to slips and bras (I wear panties anyways every day for the last 50 years).
Since I got my boobs, bras are the fulfillment of that dream which stuck in my head for so many years. Don't know what got me into those slips. Guess it was the moments one had a chance to see a glimpse of lace peeking under a dress/skirt. I always believed that this was incredible sexy and erotic..just fueled my imagination..made me happy.
After all the ladies don't wear them anymore...so I have to do it ;)

StephanieH
08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi girls
been sometime since I've been in here...just got his question for you all...
I'm what you would call an " occasional" dresser..I used to be happy to dress up once in a while and be Maryann for some time. But the last couple of months it seems like the urge is getting worse, just can't get it out of my mind anymore....the older I get ( mind you... I'm not THAT old :) ) the more I want to be my feminine self.Sometimes it's getting so bad, I can't function in my normal routine anymore.

I'm in the same situation. I realized I'm not getting any younger, so the urge has increased quite a bit. It does indeed get very distracting and downright depressing sometimes. If I find a way to deal with it, I'll let ya' know! Take care! :D

Angie G
08-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I think of dressing all the timeI'm not dressed I'd sat I'm oebessed and loving it :hugs:
Angie

Darlene-VA
08-21-2007, 12:04 PM
If you have the time and place to dress go for it, I know that I just seemed to reach the point were I thought it was happening way too much then I realized hey I have reached the point in my life to just say it's ok I am going to be a woman as much as I can

Xandra
08-21-2007, 07:44 PM
My initial response is to wonder whether something has increased your urge to want to dress these past couple of months; actually, the same thing has been happening to me - to the point that I think about dressing all the time (well perhaps not all the time but you get the idea). For me the desire to connect with that feminine self has become a bigger pull emotionally.

Curious: How does it affect your normal routine exactly? Perhaps the obsession to dress may stem from the desire - denied by mainstream society -to openly dress as woman. And perhaps, like a drug, the more you dress and feel comfortable dressed, the harder it is to feel comfortable within yourself without it.

But perhaps PaulaJane offered the most straight-forward advise in saying “..just do it!“

Just my thoughts…

Alex