PDA

View Full Version : I can't take it any more

Katie Ashe
08-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm sick of life in general :mad:. Still job less, near homeless, Beard removal not going so good, wife is still sick, kids are walking all over me, family has turned me out, everything is in the toilet. How much more can one person take. I know many people do kill them selfs, but when do you say enough is enough? I cry nearly everyday now and punch the wall yesterday instead of my kid. Can't see my threapist anymore, out of money. How do you people put up with your daily battles?

Tamara Croft
08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Good God Katie, whilst I'm hardly in any position to give any advice, I'm in the same boat... I will try :hugs: First of all, you need to make a list of what is good and what is bad, there must be something good in your life that you can focus on?

Kids... they will always seem to be at their worst when you are at your lowest point, I know, cus I'm living it now. But they probably aren't any different to how they were when you were in a good place. Having no job doesn't help, you're with the kids 24/7 and that must be driving you up the wall too. I'm not sure if you have any parks etc near you, but if they are driving you mad, take them out, wear them out, play footie with them, or get a frisbie... run them around until they drop. Take a few sandwiches, have a picnic... if it's raining, then have a picnic inside the house :)

Set them some ground rules, if they don't do as you tell them, take something away, something they always use - tv, toys etc... empty their bedroom until they do behave... been there done that and it does work.

I dunno what to say about Dawn :hugs: I know she is going through so much, but all you can do is try to support her and I know it must be so hard for you holding everything together, but you can do it, you need to look at the smaller picture ;) and take one day at a time, or believe me, you're gonna end up in the looney bin... I know, cus I feel like I'm gonna end up there myself right now.

As for the beard thing, I don't want to sound harsh, but it seems to me you have other things in your life that take priority right now, like getting your life back on track and getting back into work... if you're not working, how can you actually afford that? tell me to mind my own if you want, just making an observation.

I dunno what else to say :hugs:

Shadeauxmarie
08-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Nobody ever said life was either easy or fair. You should see about counselling with a pastor or priest. They're free and SOME really have experience helping people with depression.

I cry easily and frequently myself.

C'est la vie!

JennMW
08-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Katie,

I feel your pain. I won't go into my own issues here and instead focus on you and yours.

I have had my low periods and am in one now myself. From previous experience, the one thing that has always worked for me is in the Serenity Prayer. (the sentiment, not necessarily the religious aspect).

Each day I focus on changing the things I can, accepting the things that I can not change and asking for the wisdom to know the difference.

The epiphany that I had a couple of years ago was realizing that the things I can change don't have to be BIG changes, make enough small changes and the big ones happen by themselves.

Don't get overwhelmed and keep coming back!

Hugs,
Jennifer

Shelly Preston
08-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi Katie

Everyone has some daily battles some are worse than others

Firstly look after your wife as she is sick

Try to get the kids to calm down a little for your wife's health

Once you have done those focus on that list Tamara mentioned

Pick out what you can sort quickly and tackle the other problems in some sort of order , If wont be an overnight fix but you need to start somewhere.

The list will help to keep you organised and remember you can do it nothing is insurmountable

:hugs:

Veronica Fallon
08-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Oh Katie, I'm sorry I can't offer any truly tangible advice for you. Please just hang on, take it a day at a time, & look diligently for any small steps toward solutions you can find. I really believe the universe gives us directional clues if we're truly seeking & open to them. Also, if we focus only on the negative, we only get more of the same- if we focus on the positive, things can & do change. It's the law of quantum-physics & I learned it the long, hard way myself (I was a very stubborn lil' bitch years ago!). I'll send you loving energy & wish you strength to pull yourself outta the muck!

With Love,

Veronica

Karren H
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Its a struggle, a tight rope walk every day.. To keep everything in balanced.. My and my wifes health issues and the kids a constantly knawing at you.... Relentless.... but I'm not going to feel sorry for myself... Not my style.. I'd rather come up with a plan or a solution the keeps everyone moving forward not backwards...

Tammera GG's suggetions sound great to me... For every problem there are typically numerous solutions, just sometimes you can see them readily.. Or they are unconventional... Good luck..

Karren

AmandaM
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
There is help. You have to find it. Go to the local police department. They usually have a list. Someone I know went to the county mental health and said she was going to kill herself unless she got help. They put her on meds and gave her some appointments with a shrink. Is there welfare? Other things available? Check with the police or your local civil services. Start calling now!

kaitlin
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Hey Girl, Let me start by saying that I am sorry that your having so many problems. I have been there, sat one night with a 38 in my hand, it's a long term end to a short term problem!!! The only advise I can give you, the advise that saved me and turned my life around completly...Drop to your knees and give your heart and soul to God!!!!! Ask him to heal your hurts, fix your problems and give you direction in life. Then serve him with every thought and praise him through all of the storms in your life. Let him have complete control over your problems, he can not work if you keep trying to fix it on your own. GIVE IT TO HIM AND GET OUT OF THE WAY. Some may think I am crazy, you may think I am crazy, but I know what worked for me and I will never change!!! You are in my prayers. Kaitlin

Tree GG
08-21-2007, 12:48 PM
When to give up? When to throw in the towel? When to say I give?

I can't answer that, everyone has their own tolerance for adversity and struggle.

Also ask yourself, if I do this 1 thing, will it improve something? If I try just one more time, will it succeed? You can't know until you try.

Am I trying to fix something that is neither broken nor fixable and should just accept it and move on?

Hope and faith. You just gotta believe you're currently on the negative axis side of the bell curve that is life's journey and sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, life will be different in some aspect. Sooner or later, your path will cross to the positive side of the bell curve axis - for awhile :D

Hang in there and keep trying.

Katie Ashe
08-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks friends. I do take the kids to 6 Flags alot, but it is hard on me for other reasons. Dawn is in therapy full time still and gone most of the day, trying to better herself. I have been focusing on much of the things I can't control and wishing for the jeanie in the bottle. I got $10,000, in Oct when I got layed off, we used that money to pay off the cars, credit cards, and many other bills, I was collecting Unemployement too. So I got the beard thing done as a package deal, so it's already paided for, my body is not responding to the treatment, this is minor in it's self. The kids are being ruthless at times... Times were good, but cost of living is going up and up, Unemployement insurance, ran out, and I am doing interview after interview. I'm Burnt out really. As far as focusing on the pos things in life, well there just a bit hard to see through bloody eyes, if you get my drift. I am tring and killing myself to make things better, bu tt all seems hopeless at most times. I kinda just venting here, cause I have no where else to turn anymore. HRT is working really good, I'mm turning into a pretty person with a bleak furture. Thanks for listening :hugs:

PS. We don't Qual for welfare cause dawn collect SS + SSi. What A joke.

RobertaFermina
08-21-2007, 01:15 PM
You are crying every day....that seems healthy to me
You punched the wall. You are angry. Find the source of your anger....often it is a threat...or perhaps you are in the place from which most things look like a threat....you are feeling incredibly vulnerable.

I have experienced feeling helpless and wanting to strike out...I was afraid to just crumple up and pray for deliverance or cry or simply accept my situation as what it was and wait for inspiration....too macho to wait on destiny, yet too emotionally overwrought to see things clearly.

In your position, I would try the guy solution and the girl solution.

Guy solution: anything tangible I can do to make things better? do it.
Girl solution: anything I can do to clear my emotional state and reinforce relationships and encourage new ideas and opportunities to come to me - get clear (cry..get a hug...put on nice clothes..take a bath...a walk) or get connected (call a reliable friend, reach out). You might even reach out to someone you wouldn't ordinarily think of, if you get the feeling that they would respect your vulnerability and honesty.

You are a father, a husband, and a willing and able participant in society....you are needed and there are services available somewhere for someone like you who is willing to do their part.

I hope you find what's out there for you, and soon.

I know you are not suffering in vain. You care for your family even as you are presently driving eachother nuts.

One time, I was suffering, more of a constant low grade depression and chaos would set in whenever I was about to make a big step forward - spoiling it. I got myself into a position of great pain, and asked....why do I take on such pain ? The answer was "Because I Love."

Where is Love in your life.
Love for your Wife, Children, and yourself ?

I love every miracle of creation....and we are all miracles of creation...because Life is a Miracle, a rare prize when measured against the immense void that dominates our Universe. What can I do when confronted with a rare jewel, even if I am living in this treasure chest of a planet, within this desert of a Universe ?

Such jewels are you, your annoying children, you wife in her difficulties, and even the creditors who beset you, and the employers who cannot see their way to employ you.

In my greatest crises of Love....giving Love but getting none...I experienced the helplessness that comes from being dependent on others to show me Love. I created the story that I was starving for love. When the crisis came, a wise person suggested that I was suffering because of a story that I made up.

I was angry...yet out of respect I gave this some thought. I took the action I could, told the one who was supposed to be there for me what I felt I deserved and wanted. Then I went out and sat upon a rock and cried and the big person inside of me promised the hurting little person within me that I wouldn't let them be hurt, and I wouldn't hurt anyone else, and SOMEHOW we would get through this.

Then I turned around and went back to that person I had believed was holding out, and treated her like she was a queen, regardless of what she did, and even as my heart ached. In Loving her regardless, and holding true to my promise that no one would be harmed, Love healed me. I felt Love coming THROUGH me to her, and into my entire world (you can't hold Love in a bucket...it spreads around...radiates!). Try giving unconditional Love without being touched by it !

The ache in my heart lessened. The woman felt more Loved, though she never realized how much of it came through me. The way it showed up, she thought it came from someone else. It did not matter. My heartache was relieved, and I learned that giving love is a practice....not a barter.

How can you, at this very low point, be in some humble way a source of safety, protection, and Love for all who depend upon you and are in relationship with you? That is a beginning.

Maybe that is the paradox, when you are feeling so empty...maybe Love is all you have to give...and maybe the only thing that will make a difference ?

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Toyah
08-21-2007, 01:21 PM
I really dont know what I can say here hun I have just lost my job I know I can cope with that
The kids seem to be a major problem I think its time to read the riot act to them they really should be helping you in your time of need
I am sure something will turn up just hang in there :hugs:

rachael devry
08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
i am not saying this is your problem. you have plenty going on. by any chance are drugs and or alcohol involved. from my own personal standpoint. those two demons nearly destroyed me. they left me with the same conclusions that you are at. once my head cleared life wasnt that bad after all. no matter how dope sick i was i just couldnt put the people who love me throgh that. no matterhow much they seemed to annoy me. once again i hope im wrong. depression is a killer.

Katie Ashe
08-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Nope; never ever tried any drugs or smoke, and I don't like Alcohol. In Texas I had ways to vent, in the big city, it's not so easy. The only habit I have is Shoes and Stockings, I'm kind high Maint when the bills allow for time to play. there are no support groups around here, and my family really could care less. I try to draw strenght from here, from you. It's all I have right now, I need to be ok with that. Look I always substitutes reality with my own little world, I don't like the real world, it is too mean and not very understanding. I still wonder if coming out was a good idea or if dieing would have been a wiser choice. I read a lot of Transgender books looking for hope, yet finding I'm not alone. I just read: "Just Add Horomones". Good book, different point of view. I'm reading "Gays & Lesbains" right now and there struggles with in the government/society. I'm not ready to throw in the towel, but geeze, it's gosta get better than this :evilbegon:titanic:.

Deborah Jane
08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I know where you are coming from Katie. Last year i lost my wife [we split up], my 3 kids and my house. My boss threatened me with dismissal because i was so down i could no longer do my job due to the depression i was in! That weekend i got drunk, went down to the beach with a bottle of scotch and a 38 [don,t ask were i got it from]! I loaded a single bullet, spun the chamber, took a drink and put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger. I did this another 2 times before passing out. The point i,m making Katie is-I know a lot of us reach breaking point, but if you can just get yourself through it life does improve, i promise! Just hold in there hun, it does get better!

loardata
08-21-2007, 02:03 PM
fist off you need to start going to churc and start seeing a professional to help you through this.i have been there myself, please seek help before its too late-asked for help please

paulaN
08-21-2007, 02:40 PM
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change.
The courage to change the things I can.
And the wisdom to know the difference.
That prayer works for me when I'm up against it. Plus a few deep breaths. Please try it.

angelfire
08-21-2007, 05:15 PM
We all have our ups and downs. I just recently got out of my rut. I was getting depressed: Still living at home, college grad who couldn't find a job, maxxed out credit card, etc, etc.

Thank God I had people in my life who supported me through the hard times. My family helped me out, and I've finally found a job, and can at least afford the essentials now without running into debt.

Things will come together, you just have to be patient.

Suzy Harrison
08-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Nope; never ever tried any drugs or smoke, and I don't like Alcohol.

- that's great, (same here) - it means that at least you don't have those problems on top of everything else.
I think a lot of us have felt close to the way you're feeling. Many years ago things were very bad for me and I had planned my exit
from life perfectly - and came within minutes of doing it.

As hard as it seems things do change -it can be quite amazing just how it all comes about. Please hang in there and try to look on the positive side. I also know that the positives seem to be hugely out weighed by the negatives when money and family problems are involved.

You have more guts than me (and probably most of us on this site) in the fact that you have outed your feminine desires to your family. That alone shows what a determined person you can be.

It's very easy to get really down and so when you go for job interviews your abilities just don't come across. I've been there and done that - I had been unemployed for 6 months and attended loads of interviews and got no where. Now years later I've got a great job - and I'm the one who now conducts the interviews to employ new people - and I now realise where I had been going wrong - as I was drained and didn't come across as enthusiastic and positive. It can be a vicious circle.

Please keep going, you have many, many friends on this site who care about you. It will come good in the end, I promise.

PS: Are there any girls in the Taxachussetts area who can offer some help to Katie in the form of employment referals or guidance? -
If you were here in Australia we'd look after you, there's a great sense of looking out for each other here. Don't worry, things do change....:hugs:

BarbaraTalbot
08-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Saying the words out load to another human being takes a little power away from self destructive thought. Take these feeling seriously, and allow others to take your concerns seriously without minimizing to yourself or to them the very pain you are feeling.

It does sound like your circumstances and environment could well "bring a person down" emotionally, but whether it is the cause or the effect, realize that very real and very dangerous medical conditions do occur to people usually without warning and may or may not be concurrent with your emotionally driven depression. Money concerns or not, the medical end of this NEEDS to be looked at. I have no idea or experience or information if for example any medication or hormones you are currently prescribed are having any effect. Whether there are medications that could benefit you. There are (hard to find I realize and crowded and slow...and..and) resources for public health issues and major depressive incidents are certainly on the list. There are better medications on the market all the time, and (rightly or wrongly) vilified drug companies have all kinds of ways to curry public favor with free or discounted drugs from sample packs to the doctors to actual indigent patient programs..

Holly
08-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Katie, please don't fall for the lie that yoiu can't take... you can! The good news is that you don't have to take it by yourself. I hope that you have seen already from the outpouring here that you are so not alone. As an outside observer, may I offer you an observation? I can see the positives in your life. Your wife needs you and you are there for her. That's a positive. Your kids need you and you are there for them. You are out there interviewing for positions. Every "no" is one step closer to that "yes" you are looking for. That's a positive. You're still on this side of the dirt. That's a HUGE positive. Several posters have said that faith in a higher power was instramental in getting through some dark times in their lives. I couldn't agree with them more. Perhaps you are familiar with the 23rd Psalm where David writes in verse 4, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me..." (NIV). You do not have to take any of this on by yourself. We are here to walk with you and God is near by to walk ahead of you, preparing the way. With excitement, I look forward to see yet an other miracle in your life, Katie. :hugs:

Rosaliy Lynne
08-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Everyone has said more or less the same thing. so I won't repeat much of it. The fact that you are reaching out to us here is a positive sign. Clearly we are here for you based on what I have read. Hang on to that as one of your anchor points. I went through nearly 7 months of hell when my last marriage fell apart and I was out on my own. My Internet Friends were my mainstays. I could not have made it without them.

As for killing yourself. Like many others here I have thought of that from time to time over the years. My personal attitude became one of total survival. I was NOT going to give anyone the satisfaction they might get by offing myself. Besides that, offfing myself only solves (but not really) my immediate problem. My life affects so many others that it became a matter of pride not to load that baggage on them. I might "get out of my immediate problem" but they all would have to live with the results. That ain't me. You can't always be strong enough within yourself until you are stong enough to reach out to others in your weakness.

The last element I will repeat as it is possibly the single most important aspect. Each small success leads to a larger one. The entire picture is too much to see in all its details. Break it down and take one step at a time. That is how we learned to walk. That is how we learned to live. That is how we stay alive, with a little help from our friends.

_Cecilie_
08-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Katie, I might not have anything to say that's worth anything. I don't know anything about your situation, or anything similar. But I do know that life sucks, many a times. I feel with you, and it makes me sad to hear your story. I wish I could help.

The way out, I believe, is in you and nowhere else. You can, and you will make it better. Focus on positive things, and work on the negative. One at a time. Sometimes the sense of accomplishment is the best feeling we have, and it wants us getting more. But trying to accomplish too much at once, can leave us frustrated (or worse), because things take time.

KateSpade83
08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
No welfare must be harsh. Did your family and relatives abandon you because they found out you cd? Can you rejoin the military like in your profile pic?

I would hold off spending on anything besides food, utilities, bills, and rent now. So quit HRT and forget SRS. I think it would be hard for a feminized man to get a job too.

And suicide is never an answer. Yeah, long term unemployment sucks, so you gotta save money when you're employed too and not live in debt to prevent trouble.

Maybe borrow from family and live very frugally for awhile and job hunt like crazy and do PT job at Walmart?

What do you do for a living / what kind of job are you looking for?

Amber CD
08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Katie, the only thing I can tell you right now is "tie a knot and hang on." Take care of yourself first, everything else will fall into place. Don't worry about the beard removal, just focus on the bare necessities.

And just because you could use one, :hugs:

Lori SC
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
do PT job at Walmart?

What do you do for a living / what kind of job are you looking for?

Katie, my thoughts are with you too. Just hang in there. Just try to make a little change each day.

I was going to suggest just what Kate did. If unemployment ran out and there is no welfare, just go out and get a job - ANY job, even at Wal-Mart or MacDonalds.

It's not so much for the money (although that won't hurt), it for the self esteem. You would not believe how important it is to feel useful. And finding a job is easier if you already have one.

My :2c: is that a permanent job needs to be your first priority. Everything will be better after that.

Hugs, Lori

Veronica 1
08-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Keep the faith, life can seem like it is not worth living at times but that is just not true. No matter how hard it gets, there is always a rose hidden in the thistles somewhere. I know this from experience as I felt the same only a few months ago and walked around with a 1inch cut on my breastbone for four months from leaning against my sword and trying to drink enough beer to make that final push. With no family and few friends only my unconscious faith in the good of the world and the seeking of the little gems of hope in life that come daily I managed to turn things around. You will to! We are here for you. Love and hugs

lexiegirl619
08-21-2007, 09:07 PM
I am sleeping at my office with my GG and daughter- where I cant offer much help the daytime me works in home finance and mortgage and though I cry myself to sleep everynight I know there is HOPE...the one thing I havent lost- you girls know we are in a very different econmony and seeing our Leaders on TV doesnt stabalize my dream life of a home and kids- but I am willing to try and help- I dont want to see anyone lose their home, their hope or their faith... I am new so I might be braking the rules, but i will try and help, if I can... I dont have a lot to offer but I do work with home finance and loss mitigation so rather than lose it all- I will offer my email up for us to try and band together lexiegirl619@yahoo.com - dont be shocked if a dude calls though - hope we can all get thru this together. No matter what you can email me and we will pull thru together- if u own a home I might help

steffie39
08-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Everytime I face a problem I always try and remember to "give it to God." I the long run if you have faith, God will help you through it. Good things always come when you least expect; so never give up. You still have your family to help you through; that's better than being alone. My prayers are with you.:hugs:

Steffie

camera_laura
08-21-2007, 09:37 PM
My :2c:

Don't despair. As bad as things are, they'll get better
Even if you can't get to your therapist, talk to *someone*. That's what *we're* here for.
Life isn't fair, it is only slightly fairer than death.

As a 'survivor' of the ugly side of despair/depression, bad is better than nothing. I'll :D and call the :angel:s for you.

lexiegirl619
08-21-2007, 09:39 PM
I know we are all facing alot of troubling times- but never ever give up- Hope is one of the last 3 things we have the other 2 are faith and love- with these 3 things we can make it thru--- I keep a sign around me "DON"T LOSE HOPE" - I cry myself to sleep but together we will all make it through the uncertainty

you are in my thoughts and prayers

Tasha T
08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
I have a book called "Choosing to Live" that I read from time to time when I'm thinking about killing myself. It's a great resource to help you challenge your destructive thinking. One of the quotes relates directly to you, it says: "I can't stand it is an extremely dangerous idea for a person who has suicidal thoughts. One has to wonder, how many suicide victims would still be around today if, during that last, trying life experience, they had been aware of the truth: "I don't like it, but I most certainly can stand it!"

I believe that with God's help you can get through anything...even this. I encourage you to have faith and stand it even when you feel like giving up! You have people in your life who love you and are counting on you to stay alive and do the best you can.

Oddlee
08-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Katie,

My life has not reached the depths it sounds like yours has, although there have been times...

I've never been accused of conventional thinking, so take these ideas with grains of salt...

First, concerning suidide (which does not really seem to be likely in your case), don't do it; run off and join the circus, or just drop off the grid and go follow a dream. Think about it; unless you have a big life insurance policy that would actually pay out, how much worse off would anyone be? Please don't think I'm ignoring wife and kids or any of those issues. I too have family. But where there is life, there is hope - if you're 6' under, you have no options.

Second, if you have a chance, with kids back to school and still no job, volunteer in a homeless shelter, or some other such place. You will see that there are sadder stories than yours (hard as that can be to believe), and you will be helping people who need it.

When I was in cancer therapy - chemo and radiation - I learned that there were some days that were better than others. All I could influence was my attitude toward them. I could basically do one household chore a day. The rest of my day was spent getting to and from therapy, or sleeping. I was lucky throughout the process, for several reasons. But I discovered (decided) that it was like the miners say, "Any day above ground is a good day." (I'm waiting for a response from Karen Hutton on that one).

Lee

Katie Ashe
08-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Thank everyone, I really though no one would care. The response all over whelming. I went to sleep last night very sad and depressed, today I managed to regroup a bit to get me through the day. I do need to look on the bright side of things, yes there are sader stories than mine, but that is just it, this is my nightmare. I'm only 32, and being a vet has harden me a bit, but I have to reconize I'm still human. I didn't get the job yest, and have another interview today at 1300 my time. It is a 2 week temp job. not good pay of type of job but it is something. I need to go. Hugs to all whom care enough to write in, your thoughts really do help :love:

Zee
08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
My heart bleeds for your situation. Life can be a real downer at times. A trick I have learned sometime ago was to think of how it could be worse, then think to yourself that at least its not. It helps, some.

It also helps to think of the things you have, "Well, at least I have my computer", "At least I have a home", "At least I have food"... I know it is VERY hard to stay positive, but when you master it, it helps a lot.

One other thing. I try to thank at least 3 people a day for having a positive impact on my life. It is hard for me since I do not have many friends, and my family doesn't live near by so often I thank the same people repeatedly ;). It can go a long way.

I sincerely hope that your issues are resolved quickly. Take time for yourself and your family regularly. Don't think about life during that time; try to enjoy your self. Hang in there, its funny how things seem to work out in the end, even if you can't see the solution your self.

rachael devry
08-22-2007, 12:32 PM
hi katie, i was curious to see how things were going today. hopefully today is brighter than yesterday.take care rachael

Rosaliy Lynne
08-23-2007, 05:34 AM
Thank everyone, I really though no one would care. The response all over whelming. I went to sleep last night very sad and depressed, today I managed to regroup a bit to get me through the day. I do need to look on the bright side of things, yes there are sader stories than mine, but that is just it, this is my nightmare. I'm only 32, and being a vet has harden me a bit, but I have to reconize I'm still human. I didn't get the job yest, and have another interview today at 1300 my time. It is a 2 week temp job. not good pay of type of job but it is something. I need to go. Hugs to all whom care enough to write in, your thoughts really do help :love:

Sit down. Take a few deep calming breathes. Then list your blessings. The first being ... you woke up today.

chatnat GG
08-23-2007, 06:22 AM
sounds like u have depression which can be cured. U could go to your doctor and get anti depressents and chat to see who u could go and see. remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temparely problem.

Katie Ashe
08-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone, I damn near tossed in the towel yesterday. Interview was an ass chewing of everything I am doing wrong. I have always been the center of destruction in my life. For those whom don't know me, I have 2 kids, married for 13, with wife for 17. She has her own set of problems. I did 10 years in the USAF, got out cause they didn't ask, I couldn't tell, Honorable DD214. I'm still depressed, but hanging in there. My depression stems from all of the many bad things going on right now. 80% of my family turned on me when I came out at thanksgiving a few years ago. All, my 3 friends walked away and haven't looked back. I'm not to come out to the out of town family cause something bad might happen :Angry3:, which mean don't ever call me again type thing. I have to say I have more people that don't understand, but accept me. My Mom has said on Easter, that I was born boy, always will be boy and will never call me Katie, and never daughter. My dad says stop skrewing around and be the man you need to be to get a job, then be Katie at home. I told him I can't leave my P3nis on the counter, dummy. I'd rather be dead then go back to my old life, I'm not affaid to die, the only thing is my family, I don't want to hurt them, everyday I fight with myself on why not to do it. About HRT it cost me about $4 a month for all meds, and it is what I really want. So No, I'm not dropping it, I need this change more than I can tell you. SRS will never happen simply cause it is too dam expensive, when medical changes I'll go hunting. I have gotten a few PM from you ladies, thank you, :cry: it is really good to know, someone cares. I am trying to regroup and pull my self together, the a hole from yest said he'd give me another chance next week to start over, it's going to take alot to not slap him, he won't stop calling me MAN. Anyway I need to get on cleaning this house. I'll check back after lunch.

I realize there is more support here than in my real life, and I need to feed on that right now, Thank You for not giving up on me :hugs:

Suzy Harrison
08-23-2007, 10:17 AM
You have many, many friends here. The so called friends you 'lost' were never real anyway - otherwise they would be with you when you really need them. True friends are there to help in the worse times - and we're all here for you.

Zee
08-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey Katie,

Hang in there, life is too short to be troubled by what others may or may not think of you. YOU need to be happy. I am very sorry that your family isn't with you on this. I know how it can make you feel. Your family means a lot to you, I can tell. So did mine, until I realized that if they didn't care enough to see things from my perspective, then I stopped trying to see things from theirs. My thought was that if they can not accept me for who I am, then it is not my problem, it is theirs.

It hurts when the people who you care about do not reciprocate. I understand that. Just remember that you need to be happy.

It can't rain all the time.

Z

Dawn D.
08-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Katie, I have yet to experience a sadder state affairs of another human being. Your troubles are something that no one should have to go through. I can't tell you that I know how you feel, yet I can tell you that I do feel for you. As one though, that has seen the results of the 'ultimate solution', please know that it is without a dought the worst thing loved ones can experience. Please keep that option out of your choices. Please keep a positive approach to life, as you really seem to be attempting to do. Don't let go of that. Even if the smallest of things that happen in your day go right when everything else may turn out wrong, cherrish that! If your are a person of faith, please keep it. I believe YOU will make things better. It is only a matter of time. I know it sounds cliche, however, I know it to be true. Remember this you will eventually come out of this on top and those that turned their backs to you will be the ones with the most lost.

May the best happen for you!

Dawn

Katie Ashe
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes family does mean a lot to me, I was raised to believe when the tough get going, all you have is family. Many other things like that were always preached. As an adult, I realized my family is nothing but full of it. They bailed on me so fast, and I cried, still am cring. I have been around death in the military, so death is something I'm just not afraid of, that kinda worries me. I have classmate in tech school died, my commander killed himself full dress and on base, 45 to the head. My family has had many deaths in the last 8 years, I'm kinda numbing to it. Look to be honest your the only family I've got left. I do feel better talking to you and with your support there many be a light at the end of the tunnel, what I can't see is my tunnel has curves. I have vented here so much, I'm feeling better, and now am starting to feel ashamed and guilty. My Best friend is a 14 year old girl whom gives me lots of hugs evey day. Thanks Tana. And hugs to all you. I agree we need to support each other, I would be so much worse off without this forum. Thanks everyone. Write soon :love:

rachael devry
08-23-2007, 03:00 PM
katie its good to hear that today isnt that bad. the old one day at a time applies here. there was a time i didnt think life wouldnt get any better. gradually the sun did come out. i spent a lot of the time worrying about things i had no control over. like yesterday and tomorrow. two days i have no control over. so i live for today. i can do much more if i dont include yesterday and tomorrow. friends like yours are a dime a dozen.i know we all knew people like this. you find at times like this you only have yourself. reading from the replies it looks like you have plenty of friends who care about you. time to reach out and touch one of us. take care rachael

RachelB.
08-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi Katie

I know when you are so far down it's hard to look up. I always rely on my faith in Christ. He promised he would never put more on us than we could bear. Keep the faith and look to christ for answers. I'll be praying for you.

Rachel

Jamie001
08-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi Katie,

I understand what you are going through because I had some very difficult times several years ago. There were times that I didn't know if I was going to make it, or if I even cared enough to help myself. Now that it is two years later all that I can think is that I am so glad that I didn't give up. Life is so much better now and everything seems to have worked itself out. Please hang in there and take life on a day-by-day basis. There are folks in your life and on this message board that care about you.

:hugs: :love: Jamie

27th Jennifer
08-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I have had problems myself, maybe not to the extent that you might be experiencing, but I had a class last semester about religion, and I came across Taoism, and the Tao-Te-Ching. Try reading it, it has brought much peace to my soul. But get some help. There are so many resources out there, as someone stated earlier, you're looking at a long term solution to short term problems.

Rita B
08-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Katie,

I get into situations like that, and we all do. One thing that works for me some time is to try and slow everything down. . .like stopping the world from spinning out of control. Take it one hour at a time, 15 minutes at a time if that works for you. Keep busy. Go for walks in the fresh air. Don't lose sight of your dreams. . .just put them on the back burner for a while. Before you know it, you have made it through the day. Talk to your guardian angel,. .. they exist and they are non-denominational.:hugs:

Rita B

Cara Allen
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't know your situation, but it sounds like life really sucks, at this point?
It also sounds like you bit off more than you can chew, hon. Maybe it;'s time to take a step back, regroup things like finances and family, save up some money, and give it another go when things have come together better. You don't have to give up your dreams, but your are being crushed under the weight of it all. At this point, you need to go back to being the male for a while. Let him get what you need from society, then when things are improved, have another go at it, dear.
it might take years, but at this point, you are stuck. However, never think you have no options. You have options, but they might not be the options you want to accept.
You can, and will, get through it. Patience is a truly feminine virtue. Lifew will get you where you want to go, but you need courage. This is the hardest thing you will likely ever do.

goofus
08-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm sick of life in general :mad:. Still job less, near homeless, Beard removal not going so good, wife is still sick, kids are walking all over me, family has turned me out, everything is in the toilet. How much more can one person take. I know many people do kill them selfs, but when do you say enough is enough? I cry nearly everyday now and punch the wall yesterday instead of my kid. Can't see my threapist anymore, out of money. How do you people put up with your daily battles?

If you can't see a therapist because of lack of funds, try a community mental health center. They usually have a sliding fee structure and base it on your ability to pay, if you truly aren't able to pay, they won't charge you anything. But run - don't walk - to a therapist - you sound like you have some pretty serious depression!

kathyjojo
08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I hate to be the wet towel on but she should get to a hospital now I work in one and see first hand what happens. I know where she at about 10 yr ago my life was going to hell in a handcart fast and one day I hung myself. They got me going agin. I don't know what more to say I see where she going and she needs to go now !

Kathy:2c:

Katie Ashe
09-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I want to thank everyone, having a shoulder to cry on did make the difference. I went to 3 interviews last week. Talked to a social worker. and tried to gather myself. I'm feeling much better but my situation has not changed. The worker has found me a place to work day by day, a temp place, they employ homeless and imagrants, etc. This is what my life has come down to, I guess. I'm going to see them on Tue to register, I hope for the best :o . I did my first DJ gig last week also, it went really well. They were very happy and are referring me to to a few friends whom toss a lot of parties. The gig only paid $30, but it was worth the advertising I got. After 30min of play time the cops showed up and said turn it down or else. So we had a quit party, mostly:devil:

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone whom didn't let me fall this past horriable month. I'm truely not alone, and know this :hugs:

Zee
09-01-2007, 09:38 AM
I am so very happy that things are starting to look upwards. Hang in there Katie. We are all hoping for nothing but the best for you.:thumbsup:

Keep us posted...
:love:
Z

Cara Allen
09-01-2007, 09:43 AM
That is wonderful! (yea!)

You have begun to make progress, don't stop now. Have you considered going back to school? Given your financial situation, there are all kinds of funding opportunities, loans, etc.
If you work really hard, you can build your life into something beautiful. You must think large, and work hard, but you can have an ideal life, hon.

Veronica 1
09-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Yay, Katie, way to go! The ball is rolling now, and it is not going downhill. Keep a positive attitude and the world will soon be at your feet. Love and hugs

celeste26
09-01-2007, 06:20 PM
The Bible tells us that blessed men go through valleys, it is not what we might have done or because we deserve it, it is just a condition of being human. Even the most blessed of men while they were still blessed went through valleys.

What we need to do while we are in the valleys: 1)do not set aside the things we know are true about our being blessed, 2) being thankful for what we know is true in spite of the fact we are in a valley, and lastly 3) realize that when we do get out of the valley if we've done the first two things is it will now become a well of strength from which we can draw from in the future.

God will call you out of the valley you're in at just exactly the right point, until then remain faithful to what is true and everything will be alright in the end.

Blessings,
Celeste

Billijo_06
09-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Let me first say that I know that your problems seem insurmountable, but they are really not. I know this from personal experience; been there, done it, go the tee shirt. I think we all go through incredible trying times once in our life that tests our resolve and unfortunately for you, it’s you turn.

Very few people know this story about me. I am telling you so that you know that you are not alone. (There is more but I am purposely keeping it short, here are the highlights)

For about 5 years I dealt with my parents, my best friends and my wife’s failing health and it ran me down. In 2003, my father died in February, my friend in August (On my Birthday), my Mother in September and my Wife I buried the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. And because I was spending so much time with these problems, I lost my business as well. Keep in mind here that I am not OLD, my test started when I was 43.

I was a useless burned out zombie for months after that and here is how I got past it. I needed to take control, make a plan and get some help.

Go and see a Priest or Minister for consoling, they will be happy to help, they helped me get my head straight. Go to the Doctor and get some Anti-Depressants for the short term to help you cope.

Get you kids to HELP with your wife, try to make them part of your solution so they are not adding to the problem.

The bottom line is that you need to take control of this situation. If you don’t take control it will overwhelm you.

One thing that helped me get through my test is that kept telling myself that no matter how bad things where, there is someone around the corner that has it worse than I do.

I know that I sound a bit cold here but if want to cope you cannot allow yourself the luxury of self-pity, you’re a victim of your situation, find a way to deal with it.