PDA

View Full Version : Just Went Shopping!!!

Valerie Nicole
08-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey girls, I'm super excited about my shopping trip today. I was at the mall anyway when I thought, well I might as well check out some of the stores for clothes. Let me start by saying my old fears when it comes to shopping are all gone now. I'll go through the racks of clothes with no concern over what people might think. I was really happy with that.

After checking and rechecking a couple stores I decided there was one item I wasn't leaving without. It's a button-up business-style black dress with short sleeves. The skirt goes down to about my knees and there's a sash that ties up in the front. Well, I wasn't sure about the size and there was only one of them there. It was on the clearance rack for $30, having previously been $60, so I bit the bullet and bought it. There was no fear or hesitation. Once I had made my decision I grabbed it off the rack, brought it to the cashier, and paid for it just as if I had been buying a book or a computer game.

One reason I wanted this particular dress so badly was that I remember one of my high-school teachers wearing something a lot like it. She was an extremely attractive woman and I envied her a lot, and when she wore that dress all I could think about was how much I would love to try it on. And now I have one just like it!

Okay, so I got home with it, and naturally all I could think about the whole way home was how much I wanted to try it on. So that was pretty much the first thing I did. And oh my god, it fits better than just about everything I own, and I look great in it (even without forms, wig, or makeup, none of which I own). So all in all it was a very, very worthwhile purchase for myself, and I couldn't be happier with it. Next time I have a lot of fem time, I'm going to spend most (if not all) of it in that new dress.

Thanks for reading this rant if you made it through my entire post. I'm just really excited right now!

joann07
08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Congratulations! :happy:
It doesn't matter if you're in femme or in drab shopping is fun.
Treat it like it's no big deal and everything will be fine.

Now that you have it, you gotta show us pictures of that dress.
C'mon girl!
Work it baby! Work it!! :heehee:

Hugs!

Anthea
08-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Sounds lovely, congradulations, perhaps this is the start of something for you. More Shoppping!

Darlene-VA
08-21-2007, 10:55 PM
It's such a joy to find something on sale and have it fit just right, isn't shopping a blast

Valerie Nicole
08-21-2007, 11:13 PM
I am so happy about this find that the dress has been given hanger privileges in my closet. It is the only fem item that is not kept hidden in a garbage bag. The only thing is its already wrinkled from wearing it in my room today, and it got covered in golden retriever hair! :Pullhair:

The good news is that I later used some socks for a fake bust and when I looked in the mirror...WOW! It looks fantastic and it was extremely flattering for me. I love this dress so much now that I've seen how good I can look in it. With the right shoes, wig, and makeup, I think I could pass easily.