PDA

View Full Version : Which I.D. to use?

Kathleen3359
03-20-2005, 12:04 AM
As i am watching Too Wong Foo. and they get pulled over by the cop
What do you use for I.D.? Femne or not Femne.. And how would you go about getting a drivers lic. or an I.D. as in the femne?
Any sugestions girls?
Kathleen

Sherlyn
03-20-2005, 12:37 AM
my greatest fear is that ,,,hmmmm i dunno ..say somethin too the cop ...like my g/f made me do this {{well she likes me too}}...or just smile ...: ]. THEN FLOOR IT ...lol

donnie123abc1
03-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Do you want the legal answer or the right answer?
Actually they are both the same.
In most states you are required by law to present your identification when asked by a police officer. That includes your correct gender.
It is always best to be up front and honest with everyone you encounter in life. To be decietful about your gender is just wrong. (This doesn't mean you can't look like a woman) Just don't tell someone that you are when you're not. How can you be honest with yourself if you decieve others? That just causes conflict both inward and outward. And nobody wants to live like that.
If somebody calls me "Ms" or "Mrs" thats their error. And in most cases I don't need to correct them. But when someone asks me who i am. I say " I'm Mr............"
Thats whats called being REAL.

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be!)

Tristen Cox
03-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Only legal option, change your name legally. However unless you change your sex physically your gender must be presented truthfully to be legal as well. Yes sucks doesn't it. :(

xsarahlynn
03-20-2005, 11:56 AM
I show my driver's lic., and I also carry a letter from my Gender Counselor. If You are getting any kind of counseling, they should be glad to do a carry letter for You. In part here is what it says.

This letter will serve to introduce ( my name) also known as Sarah Lynn, who is a patient of mine.

( My name ) suffers from a condition known as Gender Identity Dysphoria and is in the process of medical treatment.

This is a recognized condition medically, and has one recognized course of treatment, part of which requires the patient living in their corrected gender for a period of no less than one year. This is a prescribed treatment.

Should You have any questions feel free to call the toll free number above.

If You don't have someone to write a carry letter, it might help even if You write your own. At least You can hand it to them with Your ID, and it might save a lot of explaining.

I hope this helps. Sarah Lynn

Richelle
03-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Dawn and Tristin are correct you need to be stright forward and honest with any law enforcement office that asks for you ID. I believe that as long as you are not trying to decive them theywill not hassel you. They have a lot of other more important things to deal with than a crossdresser.

When I have been out and asked for my ID (to show that I am old enough to drink or confirm that it si my credit card) they have never blinked.

Richelle

Priscilla1018
03-20-2005, 05:56 PM
I assume you are talking about the police asking for ID when you are driving and have been pulled over for a traffic stop.In that case you must do so.If I am walking down the street and they do not have a reason to stop me such as staggering,yelling obscenities or otherwise committing a crime;then no they do not have the right to demand my ID.This is still a free country,although we are losing more freedom all the time.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Kathleen3359
03-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I was just a thought oh how to handle it if it ever came to it..
Thanks to everyone for the input and advice...
Have a good one Girls talk to ya later..
L/V Kathleen