PDA

View Full Version : I met Nicole Meadows and Moon Baby!

TxKimberly
08-21-2007, 11:13 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1068/1199076879_e182cb420f.jpg

I got to meet Nicole Meadows and Moon Baby - nanny nanny booh booh! It turns out that by happy coincidence they are going to be in the Dallas Area the same day I am going to be there.

Now that I have your attention, I'm gonna bore the hell outta ya. (Don't worry, we'll get back to that story in a second)

Frazzled. That was my day pretty much from start to end - frazzled.

I'd have to back up a little to put it into context and give you any idea why I was so frazzled.

I've been on the road for work three Saturdays in the last 30 days or so, then last week my flights home from my service call on Friday were screwed up with multiple delays. The plane coming in that was to be used for our flight out was late by 40 minutes. When it landed they had to call maintenance because a bird had the audacity to commit suicide on the wind shield. Flight takes off about an hour and a half late and I'm thinking I just might make my connection after all. EEEHHHHH - WRONG! The pilot comes on the intercom to explain that due to a storm we will be circling Atlanta for 45 minutes. Oh goody. Missed my connection and the next one going to Austin didn't leave until 10PM. WRONG - it was of course delayed and didn't leave until after 11PM. By the time I got my bag and my car and made the drive home it was after 2AM.

TMI follows - you might want to skip this paragraph.

BEGIN TMI.

I think I mentioned that I have this wonderful condition called Erythema nodosum. More or less, it results in very large bruises just miraculously appearing all over my legs for no reason, no known cause, and no cure. Ironically enough it is a primarily female problem so perhaps fate is getting a kick out of it. Like "hey, watch this! This one wants to be a girl! Let's chuck 'em a curve ball and see how he likes it!"

Anyway, it got to the point where it hurt to stand and it hurt to sit - purty well screwed, so despite getting in so late I got up early and went to the Scott and White clinic to see what they could do for the swelling and they gave me steroids. Yeh, just what a guy trying to look female wants - steroids. NOT. These things make me just jittery and nervous as hell. I mean we are talking a crack addict on over drive. Not the energy the crack addict has mind you, just the jitters and jumpiness.

END TMI

So Monday morning I head north to Dallas. Due to my work load the week before, I've never even had the chance to call the customer I'm going to visit and so I call him on the way. It turns out the problem he is having is NOT what he described to my manager, and not what my manager described to me. So an hour into my trip I have discovered that I probably don't have the appropriate parts to fix it. I'm burnt out, jumpy as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, and I know I'm headed for almost certain failure. In the Army we had a term for this - it's SNAFU. Many people have seen this acronym but I bet a lot of you may not know what it stands for: "Situation Normal, All F#&$@d Up!"

I get to our office in Dallas where I have been asked to help them set up a test stand I created years ago to work with a new instrument. Of course the instrument is from a huge customer of ours, they need it ASAP, and it can't be tested until I set the stand up for it. I had thought this was going to be a simple matter of adding some info to a data file, a 10 minute job. Wrong. I had to actually edit the software, and we are talking about a very old compiler called QBasic and I had long since moved away from it and can hardly remember anything about it or the program I had written using it. I had expected it to take 10 minutes - It took all day. So I get to the hotel at about 430PM and start to get ready to meet Nicole and MB for dinner. This was an unusual situation for me and I just couldn't be pleased with me or my appearance. Most of the time when I go to meet someone for the first time, it's someone I've chatted with once or twice, or maybe someone that a friend has recommended. While I wouldn't care to be thought poorly of by anyone, I'm not going to loose any sleep if most of these folks aren't impressed with me. Nicole and MB are different for me. I've chatted with them a lot on a forum, in yahoo 360, and Yahoo Messenger over the last few months. These are people that I have grown to like and respect over the internet and their opinion MATTERS to me. It doesn't help that given the popularity of their 360 pages, I feel like these two are almost famous. I'm going to dinner with THE Nicole and MB! So several hours later I give up on the makeup and decide this is as good as it gets. Thinking we were to meet at 7:30PM, I called Nicole just before 7 to see if they were almost there. This is where I find out that apparently I was even more frazzled than I had thought because I was supposed to meet them at 6:30 to 7, NOT 7:30 to 8 as I had been thinking. On her first night out, I have left Nicole sitting in a restaurant with out the support of another T friend she had been counting on. Way to go Kimberly - your off to a great start with these folks.

So I get there late and as I walk in the door I see this very pretty young lady walking up to me with a smile - it's Moon Baby (MB)! She is looks wonderful and is wearing a great dress that is just the right combination of cute and flirty. She is SO adorable! Kind and wonderful eyes that are so expressive - it would be easy to get lost looking in there. One look in her eyes and you just knew that Nicole had chosen (or been chosen) well.

So we say all the usual things for people that have just met and she walks me back to their table where I meet Nicole. Nicole is just as you would imagine from her 360 page - intelligent, well spoken, and beautiful. She ALSO has very deep and caring eyes - it's easy to see part of what these two may have seen n each other. As you may have noticed, I'm big on eyes. I'm a firm believer that you can "judge" (for lack of a better word) the character of a person by using very few words and taking a good long look in their eyes. They are good people - you know that immediately.

So I want to describe what they are like but they don't fit comfortably into most of the categories you would typically try and use! Well, let's give it a shot anyway! They are both skinny, and yes I hated them for it! :-) Nicole is a bit on the tall side, MB is . . . not. ROFL In less than 5 minutes with MB you felt like part of the family. She is smart, friendly, talkative, animated, and expressive. Almost immediately MB is sharing herself with you, no act, no facade, no mask - you are talking to the real person.

Nicole is every bit as friendly but maybe a bit more reserved. She gives the impression that she taking it all in and is just filled with pent up energy waiting to go BOOM!. Like a race horse just before the gate is opened, or a muscle car just before it roars to life as you turn the key that first click. She just radiates this pent up energy, this attitude of excitement, and it's infectious. I remember my first night out around people - I was scared to death. Not Nicole. She sat there smiling, appearing completely comfortable and pretty much giving the impression that she damn well belonged out in the world.

We had a great meal, talked a lot, and just enjoyed the evening! I hope we will get to meet again, perhaps when I am not so frazzled so that maybe I wont make a fool outta myself! lol

Wonderful people - I hope you get the chance to meet them.

Got back to the hotel . . . and discovered my card key doesn't work in the door. Didn't matter how many times I slid the darn think in and out of the lock, I kept getting the red led and the locked door. I got stubborn thinking if I just keep trying it's bound to take it sooner or later! Well, no, no it wasn't bound to work, and no it didn't.

All I could think of as I headed down the steps to the front desk was "Yup, SNAFU, no question, SNAFU". Of course things are getting better - as far as disasters while dresed, this sure beats the hell outta getting your car towed or stuck on a curb. What do ya know, the folks behind the counter treated me just like a "normal" human being when I walked up, put the key card on the desk and said "This wonderful little widget no worky". She asks me for my room number, then runs the card through the programmer. She looks at me and proves she is sharp and thoughtful! Rather then say "Mr *Smith*?" she pauses and says instead "Last name *Smith*?" I almost giggled as I said "uh huh" and wanted to hug her just for caring enough to make that little gesture.

kerrianna
08-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Awww Kimberly I'm sooo jealous you got to meet those guys!

It sounds like you had a pretty intense day, so I hope you have had a chance to take a deep breath and RELAX girl. :hugs:

I'm glad you girls all got together. I know it was probably a bigger thing for Nicole than she was letting on. I think maybe MoonBaby is kind of like her locomotive/knight in shining armour. They sound like a great match. Your descriptions (and that photo :love::love:) were great.

I hope you guys get to do it again sometime, and that you have a less harried day next time. It does sound like a day you won't soon forget! :hugs:

Mitzi
08-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Kinda long, but sorta fun post to read, Kimberly...

Curious...who are Nicole Meadows and Moon Baby? Are they celebrities of some sort in our community? Am I just too passé to recognize the names...

Mitzi

SherriePall
08-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Kim -- Love the story. Glad you all got together. And thanks for the pic of two beautiful girls.

Shelly Preston
08-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi Kimberly

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time eventually

SNAFU is right a lot of the time :eek:

It was alwys nice to finally meet people you know from the forum :D

Its a terrific pic as well

MsPriscilla
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Kimberley,

I just adore reading of your experiences. For those of us without the opportunity to go out dressed so often, it is a pleasure to share your dressing, travelling and especially your photos. i always enjoy your pretty smiling faces, you are so obviously at one with yourself.

RobertaFermina
08-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Kimberley!

You are setting an example ! Living your man-life and life as a Crossdresser. Meeting interesting people, and having adventures....all of it OUT THERE!

Wonderful. Keep the updates coming!

It occurs to me that sometimes your long post would be too much for me, and later or on another day, just right ! Don't change a thing about your style. Luv the TMI warning...classy & thoughtful...Kimberley!.

Glad you're you, and you bring your party here !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

TxKimberly
08-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Sheesh - can't beleive you don't know these two! Nah, just teasing! They used to be real active here but I think they spend more time on Yahoo 360 these days.
Nicole is a TGirl and you can find her profile info here:
Nicole On The CD Forum (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=40623)
Nicole on 360 (http://360.yahoo.com/profile-XZfOQZY6erTAU6q_ocQZfx2TSMm.Fp.FXtM-?cq=1)
She threw us all a curve ball by changing her name from Karen to Nicole recently so you may recognize her face if not her name.

Moon Baby is her wife:
MB On the CD Forum (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=42547)
MB On 360 (http://360.yahoo.com/profile-Rq.8p2U8dKnf5_TEYE3R4Vz2Hw--?cq=1)

They neat people to know!

paulaN
08-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Kimberley another well written adventure. I felt I was with ya, and I wish I was with ya. Way to go hun.

Di
08-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Awesome hon.....I am soooo jealous!!!....Really glad you met up and you ended up having a great visit:hugs:

MsEva
08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Great story, sorry to hear about the snafus! Funny thing you don't have to be in the military to understand that one!:heehee:

You both looked so cute!

Glenda58
08-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Kim glad you could finally meet with new friends after your bad day. I don't know why you worry about your makeup you look lovely every time we been together. And just acting normal getting your key fixed was no big deal after you went to the counter. Most businesses treat us good.

Roxi Loh
08-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Loved your story glad you had a good time. About the key card...my first time out I was going to a friends room and just set up my purse when I walked out and boom...locked the key card in the room. So, I have never been out, but now I have to trudge to the desk to get a new key. The desk clerk was very nice and asked to see my ID. I produced it and chuckled that it did not look like me (no shit). She was very nice and burned another key for me. Later that evening...my magnetic money clip demagnetized the key. This was about 2 AM. Klip klop back in my heels to the desk to get another key. This time they have a security guard in the lobby. The desk clerk burns me another key and he does not say a word. I clickety clack back to my room. It was a great evening.

Rachel Morley
08-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for sharing such a great story. As you already know ....you, Nicole, and her SO Moon Baby are my friends on Yahoo 360 and we often comment on each other's blogs. I would love to meet you and those two in person so much. Ah well .... maybe one day you never know. Which reminds me I need to comment on Moon Baby's latest blog (http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-Rq.8p2U8dKnf5_TEYE3R4Vz2Hw--?cq=1). :D

Nicole
08-24-2007, 04:27 AM
OMG Kim, I only just discovered this post! As I mentioned in your blog, *you* are always the shining star of "Kim's magnificent travelogue"! I'm just honored to be a regular subscriber. :thumbsup:

It was SO nice to meet you in person. Even though my little engine-that-could was running out of steam by the end of our evening, it was worth holding out for the after dinner walk & window shopping. Loved it! It was an incredible day of "firsts" for me & thanks for being so cool. You are de best!

Looking forward to our next rendezvous! :hugs:

Val702
08-24-2007, 08:53 AM
I sooo wanna meet some of you girly boys. I wanna go out in dress with a bunch of us!

Suzy Harrison
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Got back to the hotel . . . and discovered my card key doesn't work in the door.

the folks behind the counter treated me just like a "normal" human being when I walked up, put the key card on the desk and said "This wonderful little widget no worky". She asks me for my room number, then runs the card through the programmer. She looks at me and proves she is sharp and thoughtful! Rather then say "Mr *Smith*?" she pauses and says instead "Last name *Smith*?" I almost giggled as I said "uh huh" and wanted to hug her just for caring enough to make that little gesture.

Hey Kimberley - I'm pretty new to this site but always love reading about your adventures... It's encouraging me to get out a bit more too.

This is something I've always worried about (being locked out of my hotel room), but your experience gives me hope. So much so that I think I would be a little excited now if it should ever happen to me !

The other thing I like is your look, feminine and natural. This is something I have to work on myself if I'm going to have anything near the success you enjoy when you're out and about.

I think your posts are great !:happy:

[/SIZE]

MoonBaby GG
08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
:hugs: Kim ~ (*Laughs*)
You are a darling. I've been busy and not able to read the forums as I once did...so this skipped my radar.

Thank you for the kind words. It was a lovely evening and wonderful finally meeting in person. Plus I felt honored to be experiencing the journey (firsthand) with both of you.

Having you there to talk to and share it with us was reassuring and positive. I hope we have many more evenings together.