PDA

View Full Version : Fun on a Saturday night

joann07
08-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted share with you another one of my fun outings, but this time it wasn't shopping related.
Two of my fellow Tri-Ess sisters knows a number of TS's and so they invited me to come along as a guest to the TS group's "End of the Summer" Saturday night dance and karaoke party, which was held at a local church hall. I wasn't sure what to wear, but I figured wear something casual so I wore an ivory colored 3/4 sleeve v-neck top, short denim skirt, Hanes Barely There pantyhose, and pewter pumps.

I got there a little early so I found an open table, sat, got comfortable, and waited for my friends to arrive.
There were some members already there and so one of them came up to me, greeted herself, and I did the same. I told her that I was a guest from the Tri-Ess chapter and she said that she was pleased that I came.
She then introduced me to the other members at another table and, again, they all thanked me for coming and welcomed me to sit with them. They were very nice and courteous and so I began to chatted with them. They told me a little bit about themselves, and I did the same, and we all ended up having pleasurable conversation.
I only knew one TS, who I met late last year at one of our Tri-Ess dinner/meetings. At the time, she was only three months into her transition. I recognized her and was amazed at how much she had changed since then, 9 months ago. She looked very happy and I congradulated her on her M2F transition. She was very appreciative that I remembered her, as well as her male name so I kind of made her day.
Anyway, we chatted for a while and then later began to eat when dinner was called.
The dinner was potluck, but I didn't have anything to bring so I made a contribution to their donation basket. At the same time, my friends had just arrived and so we greeted each other and then they when up to get their dinners.

As we all ate and socialized, we enjoyed listening to the music provided by a wonderful DJ crossdresser.
She made the atmoshere very pleasant and once everyone seemed to have gotten their fill, she began playing dance music and encouraging everyone to come up and dance.
Now guys don't normally dance by themselves, because it seems that its socially taboo. However, I like to dance so I had no problem going up and shaking my thing. And when people started coming to the dance floor I followed suit. :Party2:
The DJ played all kinds of dance tunes, including favorties from the disco era, electric slide, the YMCA, funk, hip-hop, etc. There were the shy ones, especially the F2Ms, but the DJ kept encouraging everyone and so they all started to loosen up.
We danced all night and I even got to dance with a few F2Ms.

Every now and then, the DJ would give everyone a break and have someone sing Karaoke. So, when someone came up everybody gave them their undivided attention. Number of people came up and sang very well. I was having such a great time that I couldn't resist singing a song so I chose "How deep is your Love" by the Bee Gees.
I was a little nervous going up there, but as soon as I started to sing my nerves had subsided and I just sang my heart out. After I was done, everyone applauded. It was great.
Since there were no more singers, the DJ went back to playing dance music so we all danced until it was almost time to wrap things up. As things were winding down, there were people volunteering to clean up the tables so I did my part and helped clean.
I cleaned up until my friends were ready to go so I said to goodbye to my new friends and then we left.
Everyone was so nice that I was really glad I came out.
That was the first time I had ever danced in femme and even though my feet were sore, it was a great time.

After the party, my friend and I when out a local TG friendly gay bar to have a few drinks.
When we got there, the place wasn't very busy so we found an open table.
Not long after, another person from the party came and joined us so we chatted for a while and then one of the patrons walked up, introduced himself, and asked if we were having a good time. We thought he was someone who worked there, but he was just a regular patron being friendly. We introduced ourselves in return and then he started asking us if we've been there before. My friend had been there the prior week, but this was my first time.
Anyway, he kept talking and said that he was a heterosexual male. He said that people wonder if he's gay, but he said that he's very open and accepting of the GLBT community and so by coming to places like these he is showing his support. We appreciated his honestly and thanked him. He also complemented on how great we looked and we thank him for that, as well.
We talked to him about various things for quite a while, but then it started to get late (1:45AM) so we finished our converstation and, again, thanked him for his courtesy and complements.
When he left, we gathered our things and called it a night.
Now, I had been out to another TG friendly gay bar before, but nobody had ever been nice enough to come up and talk to me ,or my friends, so it was a nice little surprise to meet a total stranger because it made me feel like a real woman. :battingeyelashes:

All in all, it was fun night to be out again. :happy:
I got to dance as a girl (in heels), sing karaoke, made new TS friends, and got to chat with various people. It was a new experience, other than shopping, and what a night it was.
I'm looking forward to doing that again soon. :GD:

Hugs!

SatinDoll00
08-22-2007, 05:17 PM
That sounds so wonderful!!

I would love to do something like that!!

Morgan <---once drank too much Peach Schnapps and can no longer enjoy anything that smells like artificial peach!

Billijo49504
08-23-2007, 01:48 AM
That sounds like a good place to go, you might want to go back there again...BJ

Mollyanne
08-23-2007, 04:59 AM
Hi Joan, THAT SOUNDS JUST GREAT!!!!!!! While reading your narrative I got alittle "green with envy" I want to do that!!! I want to be accepted for who I am!!! Good for you, I know you had a memorable time, one that you won't easily forget.

:love: Mollyanne

Kristen Marie
08-23-2007, 12:09 PM
What a great evening....felt your feelings with that initial walk-in alone. Sometimes thats the hardest part.....