PDA

View Full Version : Photo posing positions help!

Celeste GG
03-20-2005, 05:11 AM
I have been taking a few pics of Sarah hotchick and am running out of posing ideas. Being a tall girl with lovely long legs it's hard to get the whole look without making the pics an elongated rectangle. And I woul prefer some more square ones.

Tiffany Tuesday you must have heaps of ideas???

Julie York
03-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Sitting down (on anything) would work. You could do the sexy sofa shot (if you have a sexy sofa) or sitting primley at the computer, or sitting on a wall, swing etc. Anything where backside is parked would give a more square shot.

How about lying across a car like a super model. Or 'candid' shots while washing the car in mini skirt and tight top etc etc. Lots of bending down and posing opportunities there. :D

Tiffany Tuesday
03-21-2005, 12:53 PM
I have been taking a few pics of Sarah hotchick and am running out of posing ideas. Being a tall girl with lovely long legs it's hard to get the whole look without making the pics an elongated rectangle. And I woul prefer some more square ones.

Tiffany Tuesday you must have heaps of ideas???

Darling Celeste,

you are most beautiful, as for posing, i usually find that in real life a tall girl should emphasise her height as it makes her look slimmer and totally stunning check out those super models!

In piccies, it seems best to avoid the elongated look by posing a tall girl seated, legs slanted or curled, leaning over or laying accross a bed, a sofa, or whatever looks good:) Alternatively, a bouffant gown/ dress or frou frou skirt (like in your avatar) can fill out the figure to balance the "shot" and create a gorgeous tiny waist!

Nina, whilst small, uses many such poses in her piccies, i think we'd all agree, to fantastic effect.

I'm 5/8 and in heels can be over 6/0, but i'd love to be taller, as height makes a girl look totally super model stunning!

Here is the kind of pose i mean, with my legs curled on a bed.

Hugz x

Nina
03-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Darling Celeste,

you are most beautiful, as for posing, i usually find that in real life a tall girl should emphasise her height as it makes her look slimmer and totally stunning check out those super models!

In piccies, it seems best to avoid the elongated look by posing a tall girl seated, legs slanted or curled, leaning over or laying accross a bed, a sofa, or whatever looks good:) Alternatively, a bouffant ballgown can fill out the figure to balance the "shot" and create a comparatively gorgeous tiny waist!

Nina, whilst small, uses many such poses in her piccies, i think we'd all agree, to fantastic effect.

I'm 5/8 and in heels can be over 6/0, but i'd love to be taller, as height makes a girl look totally super model stunning!

Here is the kind of pose i mean, with here, legs curled on a bed.

Hugz x

I'm as tall as you :D
Oh that's a lovely photo btw

Tiffany Tuesday
03-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm as tall as you

What 5/0 with 8 inches??? .. hoots giggles :)

Richelle
03-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Tiffany,

Your photo just takes my breath away, :D Very lovely.

Richelle

JanineSoCal
03-21-2005, 08:20 PM
the thread on posing postions for photographs.
I liked the comment by Tiffany Tuesday that those possessing height should not try to hide it in their poses, but instead emphasize it. I can't say how many gg's have said to me that they wish they had my legs (slim, long, toned...usually). I think the pictures of the tall cds showing off their long legs look incredibly sexy.

I was wondering how many of you found a cd-friendly photographer? Looking under TG Resources? Referrals? I am hoping to have a photo session during an upcoming makeover transformation salon, and one thing I have been doing is looking at how gg models pose with an emphasis on showing long legs in a sexy manner. One of my favorites is this model and the pose she is in.

http://www.lisaheels.com/samples/display.php?pic=2612.jpg
Janine

tricot gal
03-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Another gorgeous pic of Tiffany. We've come to expect that her photos will be outstanding in terms of proper posing and showing off her beauty. Judging her by the example which she sets in her pics, I am certain that any advice from her is right on the money and should be followed. Good luck Celeste!

Tiffany Tuesday
03-22-2005, 08:24 PM
B-lush

thanks Miss Tricot, that is very sweet of you, but eeek i can be just as guilty as anyone of making a mistake in a purchase ... that dress we thought looked great in the changing room and bought on a whim and just never looks right ever again!

Those ones i never show:) But maybe i should, and start a DREAD THREAD THREAD for a giggle and show just what can go soo very wrong for the unwary dresser ;)

No only joking, i have only just recovered from last year's Now Mag shoot .. dammit i looked better when i arrived than after they made -me up, put me into that granny gear and bluddy awful brunette wig!!! And yes i had stamped my tiny foot but not so easy not to cave in when you have ten people all waiting for you to do your fannying in front of the camera so they can get off home early doors on a Saturday:(

Hugz honey x

sarahhotchick
03-23-2005, 04:42 AM
Darling Celeste,

In piccies, it seems best to avoid the elongated look by posing a tall girl seated, legs slanted or curled, leaning over or laying accross a bed, a sofa, or whatever looks good:) Alternatively, a bouffant gown/ dress or frou frou skirt (like in your avatar) can fill out the figure to balance the "shot" and create a gorgeous tiny waist!

Here is the kind of pose i mean, with my legs curled on a bed.

Hugz x

hi Tiffany Tuesday,

i am over six foot tall without heels, and would have to say i was the tallest PERSON there at the Ball :eek:
nice pic of you :)

o well it is food for thought thank you :D

love
Sarah

Tonia
03-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Tiffany........................:D You are hot Girl anything you wear you look good.:)

Cheree
03-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Tiphany Tuesday...............you are drop dead gorgeous.............you know this right? So pretty!

Tiffany Tuesday
03-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Dearest Sarah,
darling, check out my pal Louise (partner of Lorraine of Hide and Sleek). Here's the linkypoo .. http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/way/gis93/hs_dsgn.htm
.. now Louise looks gorgeous, and the thing is, she is 6/7 tall! Height can be a superb asset to a girl!

Sweet Tonia,
thank you petal, but gosh no honeee, i've had to wear some dresses for shows which make me cringe when i see piccies of me in them :( But i try and blank the memory from my mind so as not to carry negative baggage around.

Ma cherie Cheree,
like any of us i have bad hair days, when the mirror says argh and my confidence in how i look is zilch. I think for both tgirls and girls, it really helps us overcome bad days if we take time to find an outfit we feel really confident wearing, as that gives us added confidence to be the women we are! Hey and that's another brilliant reason for shopping 'til we drop and finding that "to die for" outfit ... as if we needed one ;)

hugz xxx

Nina
03-23-2005, 01:04 PM

I'm not short. I'm not!!

christine55
03-24-2005, 03:20 AM
When I take a standing shot I am always tempted to crop it down so it takes less space. That does not make for a nice pic. This shot is not as wide as it probably should be but it is certainly not really thin. Just back off a bit, and shoot yourself off center. This shot is not one of my best but it does show kind of what I'm getting at.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/standing.jpg