PDA

View Full Version : First time dressed in front of SO. How was it for you?

Davinnia
08-23-2007, 03:39 AM
I'm hoping that I'll soon be able to dress in front of my SO, she knows I dress & has seen photos, I think she's nearly ready to allow me to dress one evening, I've dropped hints & so has she, so we're getting round to it.

I'm quite nervous about the idea as I've never been seen by anyone else & would love to hear how others felt when their SO's saw them for the first time. How did she react ? Was it a positive experience ? Did she enjoy seeing you ?

It's a very important step for me to take ( and her too )& I want it to be a success (so I can do it again ). I know exactly what I'll wear , very tasteful outfit. I just don't want her to scream or laugh or react badly. She doesn't have to say I look lovely either, simply accept me dressed enfemme.

Stephenie S
08-23-2007, 05:52 AM
I think I remember that I was just a bit nervous. All went very well though. Most of the time all our insecurities are just in our head.

Lovies,
Stephie

Karren H
08-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Hasn't happened yet and with some luck it never will!!! She has never seen even a photo of me dressed... She'd really freak if she did....

Karren

Lora Olivia
08-23-2007, 06:38 AM
I was nervous as heck. She smiled and seemed happy because she said I looked so calm and happy. I was very emotional and got all teary eyed and almost made my mascara run:( then she laughed with me about it

Katie T
08-23-2007, 06:54 AM
My SO knew about my cding before we even met ( we met on-line). When I first dressed for her she "freeked" after that she said it made her feel sick....that was 7 years ago, She was confused but, just latley she has become very accepting and a lot more understanding partly due to finding this site and getting the information that is here (thank you all).

2 weeks ago she asked me to dress for her again, so being very nervous, I dressed in the clothes that she looked out for me.... this time she saw me as ME in a dress she was upset again, but this time it was because she said I looked better in the dresss than she did.

Now we go shopping together and she even buys things for me when I am not there. She has even tried to teach me how to apply make-up, and is even okey with me getting forms again( when WE can afford them) The only thing she hasn't wanted me to get is a wig....YET but I can see a day that she will let me get one......

So after saying all that go at her pace and just do it, have fun, and above all love your wife no matter what her reaction is......but from what you've said I think everything will be ok.....

Let us know how it goes!!!

DonnaT
08-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Hard to remember that far back, some 31 yrs ago.

I do believe I enjoyed it. Wasn't too nervous, as she had seen me wearing hose before that. She gave me a wig of hers to complete the look. I know I enjoyed that.

She took it better then than she does now.

PortiaHoney
08-23-2007, 07:05 AM
The first time I dressed for my SO, I made a point of doing the best I could. She was full of aprehension but enjoyed a few drinks while I prepared. I did it in private first, dressing in company came later. She was shocked, complemented me on my taste and after 1/2 an hour, said she had had enough. As time went on, she became used to it but always it was "my" thing.

Everyone is different, take it slow and be prepared for any response. Let her control how she feels about it. And if she says she understands, but that it is not for her, then you will have to accept it. Photos are not the same as real life, just reduces the shock factor. Even if she doesn't want to participate, you may still get to go shopping together for your own private time. Lots of options. The important thing is that you love each other.

You never know, you may have found one of the good ones (not knocking the GG's who are understanding but not participative). Good luck

Marcie Sexton
08-23-2007, 07:36 AM
UN-NERVING is a mild understatement...

I must admit she was very careful in choosing her words in regards to how I looked...since that day though we have learned how to appreciate each other in a different way and all for the better, she is much freer with her advice and I'm much more willing to listen...Made a much better gurl out of me, that is for sure...

Dixie
08-23-2007, 07:41 AM
The first time my wife saw me dressed is when she dressed me up! :drink:

Crissy Kay
08-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I felt kind of strange and uncomfortable. She got kind of a kick out of it. I have dressed a couple times in frount of her so far. Its been some time since she has seen me dressed. Every so often she will ask about "Crissy"!!!!!

Angie G
08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Good luck Davinnia if she knows and has seen pics and is ok with it then dress for her but go slow and easy. I started with just a skirt I got her to let me wear one hot day 2 years ago now I dress head to toe have both ears done and wear earrings 24/7 just posts at work and do the make-up once a week also when hot at work I'm in panties every day. and i felt great to dress infont of her the 1st time.
And my wife gets her husband on the weekends :hugs:
Angie

Robin Leigh
08-23-2007, 10:46 AM
I know it's a big step, Davinnia, and it can be nerve-wracking contemplating showing your SO your femme side for the first time. Nobody likes to be ridiculed, but I generally say to my friends when I first let them see me crossdressed "You're allowed to giggle". It usually breaks the ice, and stops both parties being so tense.

Good luck,

:hugs:

Robin

Val702
08-23-2007, 02:39 PM
It was great, she was totaly curious about everything. But she later changed her tune. Go figure.

Ruth
08-23-2007, 02:43 PM
I was nervous first time, but my wife complimented me on my dress and also said she was surprised at how feminine I looked. Now I dress regularly and she is OK with it, checks out the new outfits and gives her opinion. I feel relaxed and totally myself.

Carol Richards
08-23-2007, 05:24 PM
It was very scary. But as time has passed by, I have gotten more comfortable with it and actually enjoy it more because I don't have to hide it from her and I get to share this part of me with somebody for the first time in my life. I also get to dress more frequently, It's great, she helps me pick out clothes and shoes and we even share some clothes. I LOVE IT! :D

Jennilouise
08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I was nervous as hell the first time i dressed for my SO. When i appeared from upstairs all she could say was 'WOW' and from that day on my nevres have got less and less and now i am normally dressed when her daughter is at her fathers for a week (during the school holidays) but during school time it is every other weekend.

BarbaraTalbot
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
it was very emotional, and extremely validating. So much so that a words elude me.

Byllie
08-23-2007, 08:00 PM
My SO is loving, supportive, and knows full well th4e extent of my CDing. She chooses, however, not to see me en femme, or to participate. This is her choice, which I respect. If love is at the core of a relationship, then all things are possible.

Lori SC
08-23-2007, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=Davinnia;979811]
I'm quite nervous about the idea as I've never been seen by anyone else & would love to hear how others felt when their SO's saw them for the first time. How did she react ? Was it a positive experience ? Did she enjoy seeing you ?
QUOTE]

If your wife has seen photos, then she is probably as ready as she can be. Assuming that she won't mind seeing you dressed. About the only thing you can do to help prepare her more is to show her some of your clothes.

As far as how I felt - definetly nervous! My hand was shaking when I was putting on my make-up - not a good thing when trying to apply mascara :D. It's not easier on your wife. My wife admitted to being quite nervous and aprehensive. But it's a one time experience. The second time is so much easier.

It was a positive experience in that she acepted it, and now I can dress in front of her and it's like I am in my en homme clothes (well, almost anyway).

My wife wanted to see me. She was just really curious and had to know everything - that's the way she is.

Now expect to get a real critical going over. Your wife will be examining you very minutely. You don't need to be perfect by any means. In fact, if you look too good it can be more of a problem. You have the right idea, wear your nicest stylish outfit, and act like a lady.

Hugs, Lori

Rachel Morley
08-23-2007, 08:44 PM
First time dressed in front of SO. How was it for you?

It was the summer of 2001 and we were just "boyfriend and girlfriend" at the time not married or anything. How was it? Totally awesome! She asked me not to wear a wig or forms .... just the clothes and heels. Remember, we did meet each other online via a crossdressing forum (not this one) so it was inevitable that she would want to see me dressed sooner or later.

I will never forget the feeling to this day. I couldn't quite believe, that there I was all dressed up in blouse, skirt and high stiletto heels with all the appropriate underwear underneath and I was wearing makeup too and she didn't think I was weird. :eek: In fact quite the opposite. She said I looked cute . Yes, it's true, my wife Marla describes herself as "trans-am" ... no not the car, but "trans amorous". She's attracted to transgendered people .... and luckily for me, one in particular! ;)

JC
08-23-2007, 08:49 PM
she first saw me in panties then with a bra. the first time with one that she sewed for me. i was ok with all of this..

i was nerveous as she saw me partially dressed... ie i bra - without a blouse.

jc

Darlene-VA
08-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I was somewhat nervous, but she put my mind at ease and said we will have to work on your makeup and make a trip to the mall to buy you some new clothes. So it was not too bad.

Dee Talbot
08-23-2007, 09:57 PM
it was very emotional, and extremely validating. So much so that a words elude me. May I chime in here? It's good to know that Barb felt this way about her first time dressing in front of me. Because that is exactly what I was hoping to give to her.

When I first found out about Barb's dressing, I read articles discussing how coming out to an SO could either be a wonderful experience or a devastating one. I didn't know how I felt personally about cd'ing, but I wanted to make sure that coming out to me was NOT DEVASTATING. After a false start, we managed to get on the same page, and Barb realized I was looking to accept her, rather than condemn her.

When she dressed in front of me the first time, it seemed a little odd to see my manly husband suddenly embracing the feminine in herself. I certainly wasn't repulsed. I actually found that I felt no different about the person in the girl clothes than I did that same person who had previously only worn male clothes in front of me. Realizing that the person was the same, just the appearance had changed, made it easy for me to say, "Hey, this is OK. I can do this. I can be a part of this portion of your life. and I am grateful to be included."

After reading Barb's post on this thread, I feel even better about my choice that day to look beyond the surrealness of the situation and find the person I loved deeply was still there.

Dee

natasha
08-23-2007, 10:18 PM
First time i dressed in front of wife was halloween, that was no big deal. But now the cat was out of the proverbial bag...........I was hooked!!! After a short while she realized my desires. It was somewhat tense the first time and it hasnt happen much since (teenagers!!!!) But tonight was something though. I had a bad day at work and an evening meeting (local politics) after we get home she tells me to go downstairs and put on a pretty skirt and wig while she went to bed!!!! So here I am. No skirt but a nice dress anyway:D

raleighbelle
08-23-2007, 10:43 PM
it was very emotional, and extremely validating. So much so that a words elude me.

Barb,

It is hard for me after reading your posts to imagine words eluding you! :happy: That was actually meant as a compliment.

Being one who has never dressed before anyone, I found this thread interesting, and I thought the one that had the SO dress 'her' up sounded like a great way to do it. If I am lucky enough to ever get to that point, I may try that after discussing it with her.

Melinda G
08-23-2007, 11:31 PM
I can't imagine why any of you would want to dress in front of your SOs, and risk embarrassment, ridicule, and maybe losing someone. For me, it is a personal thing, that I have no desire to share with anyone.
Years ago, I made the mistake of showing my ex wife a couple polaroids of me dressed, and I still remember the shocked look on her face. A couple weeks later, she had a boyfriend at work, and she left a couple months later.
Most people still view it as abnormal, and you risk losing someone, in some vain attempt at acceptance or approval.

Dr Melinda has left the building!

Sheri 4242
08-24-2007, 01:49 AM
I have to divide my "firsts" regarding dressing in front of my wife into stages, and that might be something you want to consider, altered to fit your own unique circumstances with your SO.

STAGE ONE: While I had told her I was a crossdresser, the first time she saw anything was when we were "almost engaged." Our intimate life had gotten rolling and she saw me wearing panties every day. She had NO problem with it.

STAGE TWO: Then, when we progressed, I suggested a special evening of "silky agaist silky." (We were engaged -- or maybe this was just before we got engaged -- oh well, whatever: sometime during this time frame.) I got a hotel suite and put some champgne on ice, put some romantic music on, rose pedals on the bed, a boquet of roses next to it, lighting turned low, and candles everywhere (left unlit till we got there -- well duh, some disclaimers have to be made :lol2:).

From some of our previous conversations I kind of felt that she would be more comfortable with no wig or forms like Rachel Morley said.

We went shopping, bought matching nighties, thigh hi's, and MMFMP shoes -- then to a romantic dinner. Then to the hotel. She changed in the other room (this is why you need a suite) and I changed in the bedroom and lit the candles. We met at the room's doorway and her first response are etched on my heart: "it takes a real man to dress like that in front of another." It was a wonderful evening.

STAGE THREE: I began dressing at home, and from time-to-time, in public. At home, again I felt as if forms and a wig were, at times, pushing it. The first time I dressed completely, though, was a very memorable evening. I remember I was wearing a plaid miniskirt -- and I remember we had just seen Braveheart on TV a few days earlier. Anyway, we were alone for the evening, so I went and got dressed -- and when she saw me -- there was a moment of silence -- then I laughingly said in my best Mel Gibson voice, "Freedom'mmm!" It was a GREAT evening -- and in the days that followed what was her perceived acceptance became really real, so to speak -- she decided it really was no big deal for me to dress that way.

STAGE FOUR: I had been dropping hint after hint -- for several years, and whenever the conversation made such appropriate -- that I had always wanted to be a bride!!! So, when we were planning a trip to Las Vegas, out of no where, my wife says, "well they say what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas -- so if you want to be a bride, see if you can find a place to do it and set things up."

So, I did. Many of you have heard the story, so I won't go into all the details now except to say that in the days leading up to the event, my wife said a number of times that she hoped I wouldn't get my feelings hurt if she laughed!!!

Well, the day arrived -- I had a formal makeover (makeup and hair) -- and we go to the chapel. During the makeover, my wife was awestruck at the talent of the makeup artist (apparently he's a major professional in Vegas). Wow!!! Did he ever do a fantastic job!!! Anyway, we go to the chapel, but instead of laughing, my wife gets all choked up -- tears and all -- as this became an extremely significant event in our marriage!!!!!!! I was feeling the moment, too -- happy and estatic!!! I think we both realized that it was very significant moment for the two of us b/c while Sheri is, in our opinion, just one part of a dichotomous personality, Sheri was making solemn vows with her wife before the minister and witnesses. It is an extremely important date now in the annual life of our marriage -- sweet and tender, and NO laughing matter. Afterwards there was your photo session -- including photos taken outside on the Las Vegas Strip. Just a few years ago my wife, as accepting as she has always been, would not have liked me being en femme in such a public place in broad daylight. We were, though, captivated by the moment and its importance and it mattered not how many thousands of people saw us outside with me in a wedding gown and our names on the marquis!!! Stage Four was a different step forward, but absolutely awesome!!!!!!!

As Rachel says:

I will never forget the feeling to this day. I couldn't quite believe, that there I was all dressed up in blouse, skirt and high stiletto heels with all the appropriate underwear underneath and I was wearing makeup too and she didn't think I was weird. :eek: In fact quite the opposite. She said I looked cute . Yes, it's true, my wife Marla describes herself as "trans-am" ... no not the car, but "trans amorous". She's attracted to transgendered people .... and luckily for me, one in particular! ;)

I relate so much -- we both are indeed very fortunate, Rachel!!!!!!!

It's a very important step for me to take ( and her too )& I want it to be a success (so I can do it again ). I know exactly what I'll wear , very tasteful outfit. I just don't want her to scream or laugh or react badly. She doesn't have to say I look lovely either, simply accept me dressed enfemme.

I hope I have provided you with a few ideas. Alter them to fit your own situation!!! And, if I haven't conveyed it by telling you "my four stages," let me be blunt: let her set the pace!!!

rachel_rachel
08-24-2007, 02:14 AM
I do remember that i was quite nervous about it... I mentioned it to her one new year's day and she didn't believe me, but when she saw what i wore i took it away from me. Never to be seen again.

Now though, different story... I can do what i want when i want to as long as the kids are either asleep in bed or not home.

Actually last Friday i was completly dressed, the only thing missing was make up and although it was only my 2 yr. old that saw me, it was a big step, I actually stayed fully enfemme for nearly 15 hours. That's some sort of a record for me.

cdsteph
08-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Our first time was in a little log cabin overlooking a lake, fireplace crackling,
and a few drinks...
My awesome SO had arrived dressed to kill, stockings, heels, corset...the works...
Not knowing that I had been dressing privately for years, she 'convinced'
me to try on her things as a one time silly fun thing.
Of course I went along with it. (we fit the same size everything)

Months later, I told her that it was a turn on and would like to try it again...
...now she does makeup for me, we go driving, slipped into a few coffee shops....with more to come.

She often comments "look what I've created!" and despite my previous CDing, in a way she did create me.

We'll be going on a trip to Vancouver soon for breast forms and shopping, and she'll be dressing as a man for Halloween....you all know who I'll be.:heehee:

(Halloween is suddenly way better than Xmas...)

To have such an intelligent, beautiful, caring, sensual and understanding partner is a gift that defies description.

Winning a lottery would come in a distant 2nd place.

Finding this forum is a solid 3rd.

CDsteph

Delia1
08-24-2007, 03:34 AM
I never had that problem, it was my wife who decided she was going to dress me, i had been wearing panties for years before that, but she decided i should become a full time dresser when in the house, which i was very happy to to.

Lilith Moon
08-24-2007, 05:51 AM
My wife seemed OK with it and even took lots of pics of the first dressup session she participated in. However, her attitude changed over the following weeks and any CDing I do now is very stressful if she is around.

I think her initial impression was that it was a bit of bedroom type fun, an extension to our lovemaking. But she is now troubled by the realization that it is much more fundamental than that. She does make an effort to be accepting but I know that she really wishes it would just go away and is terrified that anyone else might find out.

Hippy Chic
08-24-2007, 07:26 AM
I felt really vulnerable, and simultaneously awkward. It took a lot of coaxing on HCC's part for me to be more open & comfortable. Even now, & I know I can be a bit more touchy (still some self-conscious in there somewhere) when I am dressed. I don't mean to be.

I remeber a few weeks ago we were having a discussion about something or other (can't remember what ot be honest, probably the kids though) while I was dressed, & I suddenly felt really vulnerable & exposed, & had an overwhelming urge to put boy clothes back on (which I did, just to feel a safer). She (understandably I guess) took this as a very visual sign that I was 'closing down' i.e. end of discussion (which it wasn't meant to be).

CarrieAnneEvers
08-24-2007, 07:35 AM
It was not a good experience for me or my ex wife. She didn't look happy, but rather confused. She said "You have nice legs" as if it was an accusation rather than a compliment.

Carroll
08-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I was very nervous, scared and self-conscious. She said I looked really good

Tree GG
08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I won't speak to how we felt, but I did want to share that it has been about 10 mos since the "reveal". In a recent discussion he swears I "swooned". I say I did not in all honesty & sincerity. (I've never swooned in my life!)

One of us is not remembering accurately, and since there was no one else present to offer witness......

If I've blocked out something, that's scary. If he has imprinted a fantasy reaction over the reality, that's equally scary.

My advice, be deliberate, mindful and be real.

Rita B
08-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Hasn't happened yet and with some luck it never will!!! She has never seen even a photo of me dressed... She'd really freak if she did....

KarrenRight on girl:rolleyes:

Rita B

monika40
08-24-2007, 11:11 AM
My SO knew I liked to dress but had never seen me dressed. One weekend she called and said she was coming over. I told her that I would prefer that she didn't as I wanted to dress that weekend. She said OK. I dressed. 1 hr later she calls again and says she really wants to come over and spend some time together. I told her I was dressed. She said it was ok with her if it was ok with me. Very nervous but said ok. Fast forward. Knock on door. It's my SO. Talk through door. She said she wanted to see. Opened door.Sat down and talked for hrs. Shared many days and nights and activities together while dressed. Go for it! Then you will know. Luck.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-25-2007, 10:41 AM
It was a wonderful experience. Just reminiscing about; The first time actualy being seen as Jocelyn by her, being accepted as Jocelyn by her, and being loved as Jocelyn by her. The anticipation leading up to it, reminded me of when I was a kid and waiting for christmas or my birthday where I knew I was getting lot's of presents. Jocelyn

nicole090456
08-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Lilith

I was just going to type my reply to this thread and realised that I would need to copy yours word for word.

Nicole

Jaquelyn
08-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Hmm, since this wasn't all that long ago, it's still pretty fresh in memory banks. She was nervous, so was I. She freaked a little at first, said I looked too much like my mother (every girls nightmare?), then realized it was more her heaping that on me, not really what I looked like. We watched a movie, had a laugh or two, ejoyed our evening. All in all, a nice time. Since then, a couple of girls nights have been had; she bought me new pajamas (very cute) and we just hung out one time. Just being girls......

Melanie R
08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
The first time I dressed in front of my wife was December 5, 1980 - that date will always be in my mind. She took one look at me and said, "you need help". That is help with looking like her type of woman and not a hooker with black hair and too much makeup. In the next week she put together a wardrobe for me, new makeup and a good wig. The second time she saw me she said, "you look great. Lets go out to dinner". We practiced sitting, walking , gesturing and talking like a woman. The first time out in public was marvelous and over the past 27 years we have been out in public together hundreds of times. For my wife she is able to see beyond the clothes and knows that her husband is always present. Does she want equal time with her man. You bet and she gets it. Now if only more wives would read her books and learn how to make a relationship with a crossdressing husband work and thrive.

Crissy65
08-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Karen,

You are one of the most natural looking women I have ever seen. Why would your wife freak? Because you are so passable?

Cissy

missattitude
08-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I guess I can't give you no advice since my SO is my boyfriend. Its kind of hard to give adive from a guys point of view , but he did't care, I told him I was dressing right from the start.

Miss thang

Davinnia
08-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Well, I did it ! Saturday evening. The day I started this thread, My wife actually suggested I dress the following evening, but we both had tough days so put it off 'till Saturday. Early evening, I had a bath , then painted my nails. While they were drying, my wife dressed up & started preparing a meal. I took ages getting ready, full makeup, lingerie, wig, purfume, a long black skirt & top.
I was very nervous when I knocked on the lounge door & entered. We opened a bottle of bubbly & talked for ages about how I felt being dressed & how she felt (accepting but didn't understand why men CD). I mentioned this forum & how it had helped me come out & want to dress in front of her.
We had a lovely meal & watched an old Fred & Ginger movie. It was an amazing success, a dream come true, & I was emotional yet incredibly happy that I have such an accepting wife who loves me for who I am inside.

Cindi Ann Kelly
09-01-2007, 10:59 PM
To say that I was nervous would be an understatement.
I had to have a few drinks to do it, but am glad that I did, because it has really helped out relationship.

cindi

Davinnia
09-02-2007, 01:23 AM
This Saturday evening I dressed again for the entire evening. It was so much easier 2nd time, no nerves ( for us both ) & I felt competely relaxed. It just felt so natural & normal, sitting down to dinner, watching tv etc. My wife actually told me I could dress that evening, it was here sugestion. I have asked her how she feels about me sitting there completely dressed & she accepts me & loves me & knows how happy I feel dressed. She is wonderful & amazing for making my life so complete. Before joining the forum, I never would have hoped to be in this situation. Coming out was the best thing I could have done, I feel so at peace within myself.

Her only concern is that I might want to dress in front of others or go out, not options I'm interested in.
I read the threads about CDs agonising about telling their SOs & feel so glad I did tell & am enjoying the benefits & joy it can bring.
Shopping next ? I hope so.
Thanks girls, for all your help !

Denielleinheels
09-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I was scared... she saw pictures first. She loves me dressed m or fem.

dontay155
09-02-2007, 11:40 AM
My wife has seen me lots in the bedroom in my various lingerie items...and as soon as she sees me slip on my bra, panties, nightie, or girdle, well...she thinks its silly...but she likes what happens next...you do get nervous and feel rather self conscious about it however...don't see how one wouldn't.

I've told here that I really want to wear a maids outfit when the kids are at school and she can tell me what do for a while...I think that would be fab...but she has not taken me up on the offer...how weird is that? If my wife offered the same thing, I'd be on it like white on rice...so I guess there are thinks she just doesn't want to see (yet...).

the femm side of me
09-03-2007, 02:41 PM
I posted this on July 20th because that was my first time.

We did it

I want to encourage all you out there that have been talking with their wives about wanting to dress as women. My wife and I have been going through this talking stage on again off again thing since 1993. In 1993 I tried on panties and loved them. Over the years I tried make up, a bra, and the odd female garment or two. Never did I dress all the way.

This is how it would go. I would wear panties more and more. The occasional application of lipstick and about then I would have a complete melt down. GUILT would just tear me apart. The melt down and guild would normally come out after drinking too much. Tears, anger shouting, were very common. My wife would get mad I would get mad. She said she couldn’t handle it and I tried to ignore it but the need NEVER NEVER went away.

Fast forward. We are older now in our 40’s still married. (18yrs now) I have a drawer full of panties and nights gowns. I play when I am alone and will wear panties and a night now an again in front of my wife.

I had a melt down about six months ago. A few days later when we were calmer we talked. My wife said I am sick of this you need to dress and you need to dress completely. Let’s see where it goes. Maybe we will like it maybe not but we are going to get to the bottom of it.

So over the next few weeks she and I talked seriously about how and when we do it. Once we decided it was going to happen we made a date to do it.

My wife bought me my own make up and a wonderful birthday gift. She bought me a skirt and a top. Then I posted a message here about finding shoes and learned that Payless was a good place to start. We found a very pretty pair of black pump type sandals that matched the outfit perfectly. I already had the stockings and panties.

On the day of our date, we talked on the phone and I told her I was very nervous and had butterflies in my stomach. I told her maybe we should do it another day. My wife just said no you going through with it. As a matter of fact she told me to shower shave put on my make up and clothes and make dinner.

I got dressed fixed a fast dinner and when she came home I was completely dressed. I felt so pretty and soft. She had me model my outfit looked over my makeup and said. Do you feel good? Yes I replied. She pondered a few moments and said well I must admit it’s not that bad.

Then she confessed that she was not too concerned about the clothes it was the make up thing that bothered her. When she saw me in make up she said I looked good not too overboard it was a relief for both of us.

We ate dinner me still dressed. We talked about everything just like every day other day. While we cleaned up the dishes, she told me that she could handle crossdressing as long as it’s not every day. Then she invited me to relax (dressed) on the swing outside. We sat together for a long time and then make love. I offered to wash off the makeup before we made love and she said it was not a problem and told me to keep it on.

That was a week ago. We only talked about our experience together a little it doesn’t dominate our life. We both know want to expect now. I did learn she had some fun picking out and buying my skirt. I’ll bet I will be getting some new clothes on occasion.

Well that how my first time dressed happened..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by the femm side of me : 07-21-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Lovely Rita
09-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm hoping that I'll soon be able to dress in front of my SO, she knows I dress & has seen photos, I think she's nearly ready to allow me to dress one evening, I've dropped hints & so has she, so we're getting round to it.

I understand your concerns fully. For the first time it may be helpful if you can reserve the bathroom or dressing room for however long it will take. Then when you feel everyting is just right, make your grand entrance.

All the best to you. I know it will turn out great:love:

Paula G
09-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I was very nervous the first time I fully dressed for my wife. Even now, when she asks for me fully dressed, I still feel a twinge of nervousness until she actually sees me.

sami1952
09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
The first time i dress in front of her i was very nervous and afraid that she would reject me ,but she didn't and it took her a while to accept it ,now it don't bother me no more,she is used to seeing me get dress a lot now. I usually tell her when i'm going to dress so she won't bring or invite people over

Staci
09-03-2007, 09:40 PM
The first time I dressed in front of my SO really depends on what you call dressing. The first time in panties or a nightie was when we were dating. They were her panties and her nightie. The first time fully dressed was only a few years ago. SShe helped me do myt make-up, zipped up the back of my dress, helped me pick out the right shoes. It was sooooo exciting. I felt pretty. I am so lucky to have her for my wife.

dave46
10-01-2007, 12:03 AM
It was a little bit scary for me, but we'd talked about at length beforehand so it was a tremendously positive experience. Both of us were able to enjoy our lovemaking even more with the strong arrousal my bra, beastforms, and panties provided for me.:D

Taniawilde
10-01-2007, 05:50 AM
We were married for about 5 years, she was TOTALLY occupied with a phone call, and I decided to go for it. Dressed head to toe, walked into the kitchen to ask her "What do you think?"

Sadly, I found out what she thought was that if I ever dressed like that again, she would leave me. For the next 29 years or so, she never saw or heard from 'Tania'.

If it was up to me, she never would have... but she 're-discovered' my secret, and lo and behold, she didn't leave, but she never moderated her feelings, and told me that she didn't want me EVER to dress en femme. (Sometimes, time isn't a great healer).

That was last year, we're still trying to reach some accord, and at times I feel we're making progress, and at times I feel we're losing ground, but in hindsight, I realize that I was better off with her not knowing about this very important aspect of my life.

Wendy me
10-01-2007, 06:57 AM
my wife has seen me dressed at Halloween .... and a few times she caught me dressed but kinda blew it off ... i would love to get her more accepting .... still it is kinda scary to think of dressed when ever i want with her ...... but i know that's silly truth is i sure that once she opens up more then she will have some fun with this.........

christid66
10-01-2007, 08:53 AM
I haven't had the courage to tell my wife but I guess that I've just 'come out' to our dog.
I've never been able to bring myself to dress in front of him - as ridiculous as that sounds.
However, I'm now sitting here typing this whilst dressed and he's asleep at my feet - doesn't seem at all bothered.
Don't think my wife will react the same way!

Shelly67
10-01-2007, 09:34 AM
I tried to make it as light hearted as possible . I dressed in a maids costume and dusted the house ( she was aware of coming home to find me enfemme ) but I,ve never been so scared in my life all the same.
Stupidly , I had a few glasses before hand to give me the courage . I didnt work too well , she took one look at me in fishnets and the dress , stared for a few seconds then walked away.
I was shattered.
So was she .
i really should have told her just how far I took my dressing . She was under the impression , it was just lippy , eyeliner , and perhaps stockings.
The sight of me , fully made up , wig , falsies, killer heels , the works certainly freaked my lovely wife out.
It was a tense and scarey time .......with a lot of emotions to overcome we,ve gone from strength to strength.
Not only is she my wife , well , shes my girlfriend too...we share a life much richer for its honesty .
But , it could have gone so wrong.
In short , it takes understanding and patience to overcome fears , to confront them fully , openly and if need be make a descision .

gennee
10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
My wife will see me dress in full regalia very soon. she's seen me in a wig, blouse, pullover, and panties but never the whole outfit.

Gennee

:happy:

charllote34
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
hey i have told the cat and thats a start!!

christid66
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Copy Cat:heehee:

Ashlee
10-01-2007, 05:22 PM
i made a post about this already but we're attending a halloween party at her brother's house. i will be getting a pro. makeover by jamie austin and he does good work (see avatar and pic) the mrs. seems to be ok with this idea of me going as a "chic" but as others have mentioned in the post i made there's always something to think about. i want and need to do this - bad!!! i just hope it has a good outcome. anyone with thoughts, advice etc. from someone who's been there please let me know. thx

shauna 9
10-01-2007, 06:46 PM
The first time my wife saw me dressed is when she dressed me up

ColleenShivas
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
When I finally got up the nerve to tell my wife about my CDing, I gave her a pointer to the Tri-ESS SO forum. She was online often for a few weeks and came to the realization that that this would be something that we both could live with and that it would not be so terrible. :thumbsup:

So rather than restrict me to dressing when she was not around, she suggested that I could do it in the house when it was just the two of us (no kids), and to get us started she invited me to dress and come for dinner.:love:

She did not freak at what she saw, but has been helping me improve the image ever since - giving me make-up and tips on how to use it, buying clothes, going with me to the wig-shop and much more.:D

SandyR
10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Maybe someday, but for right now we love the talking about it and exchanging photos.

SandyR

docrobbysherry
10-01-2007, 08:47 PM
OMIGOD, If I had met u, or your sister, instead of my ex, I'd still be married. I wasn't that into dressing back then. I don't think she ever go
RS
t by my interest in bondage-----.
May I chime in here? It's good to know that Barb felt this way about her first time dressing in front of me. Because that is exactly what I was hoping to give to her.

When I first found out about Barb's dressing, I read articles discussing how coming out to an SO could either be a wonderful experience or a devastating one. I didn't know how I felt personally about cd'ing, but I wanted to make sure that coming out to me was NOT DEVASTATING. After a false start, we managed to get on the same page, and Barb realized I was looking to accept her, rather than condemn her.

When she dressed in front of me the first time, it seemed a little odd to see my manly husband suddenly embracing the feminine in herself. I certainly wasn't repulsed. I actually found that I felt no different about the person in the girl clothes than I did that same person who had previously only worn male clothes in front of me. Realizing that the person was the same, just the appearance had changed, made it easy for me to say, "Hey, this is OK. I can do this. I can be a part of this portion of your life. and I am grateful to be included."

After reading Barb's post on this thread, I feel even better about my choice that day to look beyond the surrealness of the situation and find the person I loved deeply was still there.

Dee

docrobbysherry
10-01-2007, 08:47 PM
my interest in bondage!
RS

JacquiUKTV
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
For me, this goes back many years; but I still remember it quite vividly.

We'd both been up late sipping wine, watching TV. Time came to switch off the box and turn in. At this point in time, my wife had known about the dressing thing but I'd never been dressed in front of her, mainly due to my feelings of embarrassment, shame etc.

But suddenly, perhaps emboldened by a few glasses of vino, I blurted out "Look, you know about my cross-dressing thing? Do you mind if I dress now? Is that OK with you?"

And she simply said "Yes, of course it is".

So I went upstairs, shaved, (again) and put on foundation to cover my beard-shadow, borrowed some of her lippy, etc., clambered into some clothes I'd had stashed away for some time...she knew all this but chose not to look in those particular corners...and went back downstairs.

I had to pause for a moment before walking into the lounge in a short denim skirt, cheap wig and calf-length white boots; "OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod"

But I pushed myself through it and "presented" in front of her. God knows what I looked like....

She took it in her stride; looked me up and down and said "You've got better legs than me, but chunky tights would suit you better than bare legs...and you need to work on your make-up"

I was in something approaching deep shock at this moment..."Oh God, I've done it!"

And all of a sudden, the terror just melted away; I was able to sit down and chat with her and feel OK about being her "sister" so-to-speak rather than her husband...if only for that moment. Strangely, being dressed (however clumsily) in front of my wife wasn't a "terrible thing" anymore; in fact, I think I was surprised by the feeling of "anti-climax" that (eventually) went with it.

It was still me, still her, still us. A "cathartic" moment perhaps?

JoleneCDinPA
10-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Bad game on Sunday, Karren. Hopefully the Steelers can bounce back this week. I am from the SW PA area in Fayette County but now living in Harrisburg. Take care, sweetie!

suchacutie
10-01-2007, 11:09 PM
My first time dressed at all was for my wife, and her response was to start looking for a dress for me!

Life can be so wonderful!

tina

Michelle04240
10-02-2007, 11:15 AM
My wife saw me in stages. Panties first then nighties, stockings, etc.. When I'd get something new (bra, skirt...) she would be there when I tried it on.

Was still nervous the first time dressed fully though. But she said I looked cute or something, and now I don't often, but can pretty much dress freely around her. Panties 24/7 and a nightie or something to bed on most nights. It's not often we get the house to ourselves, but when we do I will usually be dressed to some degree.

Elaine Lynn
10-05-2007, 09:11 PM
When we first got married I came out to her. The first time I ever dressed in front of her was not so great. I never wore makeup before and did a poor job of putting it on. She was great and showed me how to do it the rigth wayand she even taught me what color pantyhose to wear with the outfit I had on. She showed me how to curl my own hair and make it look good and even agreed to take pictures of me afterwards. She has been great to me as far as buying clothes and stuff . I am dressed fully right now and cannot wait for my babe to get home and see me dressed that really turns me on when were together and I am dressed.:happy:

Allana_Hamilton
10-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I haven't been completely dressed in front of my fiance yet, but she's helping as I get my act together for Halloween.

Valerie
10-06-2007, 03:26 AM
It is great to hear that your first time fully dressed for your SO went so well.

The first time I ever fully dressed, with a wig and makeup, was for my wife and I was very nervous. She was extremely supportive, took photographs, found that I looked very much like her best friend in school, and found it all very funny. I was going then through a very low period in my life--I had lost interest in most things and was overwhelmed with work--and those hours with her brought great joy not only to Valerie but also restored the energy and pleasure of life for my male self.

Thanks, Davinnia, for starting this most interesting thread.

Valerie

Angie G
10-06-2007, 04:41 AM
The first time in front of my wife was a skirt it was grate to dress in front of her (no more hiding)one of hers she let my to wear.
It was a hot day andI told her it wes not fair woman can wear skirts and men can't so she let me wear a skirt them a blouse then panties and so on had the talk now I fully dress 4or 5 days a week :hugs:
Angie

Mercedes
10-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Like many others I have been getting dressed in front of my SO in stages, first lingere and then some clothes but have not gone all the way with a wig. Now when I need to wear clothes I let my wife know so she can prepare.

Everytime I get dressed in front of my wife en femme it feels like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. I think for two reasons, I know it does not make her happy and finally getting dressed again makes me feel great. The conflict of emotions is a struggle to contain.

I wish she was more accepting and even once just said "you can dress tonight" as oppossed to me always having to check if tonight would be okay.

Mercedes

Davinnia
10-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Great to hear everyone else's experiences. It makes me realise I did the right thing coming out to my wife. I've dressed a number of times now at weekends, it's been wonderful & she is very accepting. She has given me a few clothes she no longer wears, skirts & a lovely dress & I can wear her jewellery, just help myself. It is the most liberating experience I've ever had. I don't push the subject or try to dress too often, so we've found an acceptable balance. It's my birthday soon & I'm going to hint for something girly from her.
I hope others wishing to dress with their SOs are inspired by this thread.