PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Experience

dakota_ann69
08-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Went into Wal-Mart friday night to purchase the makeup for my first pics posted here. I selected the items that I needed and went up to the register.

When my time came to checkout, the clerk looked down scanned a couple of items and asked, "Are these yours?" I thought I would have a little fun with her. I told her that they were mine and asked if she thought that I had selected an appropriate color for myself. The reaction was priceless!!

She started to stammer and stutter, and told me that is not what she meant by her question, I politely replied that I had known what she meant by her question. She was just trying to find out if she was scanning the right items.

Everyone around got a good laugh including the clerk with her RED CHEEKS!!

Gave me great confidence and was a great moral booster.

Forgot to add that I was just off work and still very much in male mode.

Mollyanne
08-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Hey Girl, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!! I would haved loved to been there with ya inorder to witness the expression on that clerks' face. Again, cudos for ya!!!

:love: Mollyanne

MsPriscilla
08-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Good on you, girl, time we fought back against those who try to embarrass us

Karren H
08-23-2007, 10:17 AM
LOL Dakota!! Crossdressing is so much more fun when you get the general public involved!! :)

So how close to that big smelter do you live? Bought a really nice fem leather jacket at a Walmart south of SLC off I-15 .... Great place to crossdress!!

Karren

joann07
08-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Shopping for makeup in male mode can be nerve wracking, but you handled it well and made good thing out of a potential embarassing situation.
Its definitely a confidence booster.
Congrats!

Hugs!

Kristen Marie
08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Part of it is having a good response ready. You seemed ready by your response. Realistically what are they going to ask?

Did you find everything you need? Oh yes, this will go perfect with a skirt I have. Do you want to see some of my pictures?

Are you sure it's the right size? Yes thank you. I'm a 2x top and a 14 pant.

Do you need a gift receipt? No thank you. It's for myself. A regular receipt is fine.

Stephanie-L
08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
One time while I was shopping for lipstick at Walgreens the young GG SA who was ringing me up jokingly asked me if I thought the color I had chossen would look good on me. When I told her I tought it would she did a bit of double take and asked if it was really for me (I was in drab at the time). I of course told her yes. We got into a short discussion of me wearing makeup (didn't really get into the whole CDing thing then) and she was very friendly. I shopped there for makeup a lot after that, and got some good advice from her. I was a bit sad when she quit working there.....Stephanie

Jillm
08-25-2007, 05:09 AM
LOL, I never had the ability to come up with comebacks that quick.