PDA

View Full Version : when you shave your legs does anyone notice

Vera
08-23-2007, 02:52 PM
hi just shaved my legs totally.. the weather is still hot here and i always wear shorts to work but now i'm in a bind.. its too hot for pants but i cant risk wearing shorts becuse if 1 person spots my legs shaved then it goes through the whole factory...i'm screwed.. anyadvice you can tell me thanks

Jamie001
08-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Who cares?!
It is no-one's business but your own if your legs are shaved!! You need to be your own person and don't let other people rule your life. You are giving other folks too much power over you. It doesn't matter if they spot your shaved legs because it is none of their business. If anyone asks you why your legs are shaved, tell them that you like having smooth legs and if you are feeling really bold, tell them that shaved legs feel so much better in pantyhose and look better with red toenails.

hi just shaved my legs totally.. the weather is still hot here and i always wear shorts to work but now i'm in a bind.. its too hot for pants but i cant risk wearing shorts becuse if 1 person spots my legs shaved then it goes through the whole factory...i'm screwed.. anyadvice you can tell me thanks

dakota_ann69
08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Vera,

I don't understand why you would be screwed, are you comfortable having your legs shaved? I do know where you are coming from, don't think that I am being insensitive here. The first time I wore shorts to work having shaved legs, the only thing that was mentioned was where my athletic socks stopped and my leg started.......LOL!! I politely asked them what's wrong do you like to look at my legs? Are you a pervert or something? The gents stopped teasing and started laughing.

The point that I am trying to make is as long as you know who you are and are secure with that, then who gives a @#$% what other people think.

Hope this helps.

karynspanties
08-23-2007, 03:08 PM
My sister in-law (brothers wife......nosey b*&^h) asked me at a family get together over 4th of July, if I shaved my legs. I said yes. She asked "why?" Everyone kind of stopped talking and I looked at her and said " Because thigh highs don't look good on hairy legs why else?" and continued on with my conversation with my sister. Everyone thought it was funny and that's as far as it went. Nobody knows I dress other than my wife. I personally could care less what poeple think. When they pay my bills and take care of my family....they can tell me what to do. Until then, if anyone does not like it, they can p*ss up a rope.

caryn m
08-23-2007, 03:10 PM
i was away with my so last weekend, shaved my legs thursday and saturday
we were shopping in several malls and many stores and i was wearing fem shorts and top, ladies sandals, ankle bracelet and shaved legs and pale pink polish on my hands and toes. the only person that appeared to notice was a sales lady in walmart, she kept staring at me till i asked if she would like to take a picture? that quickly caused her so find something to do elsewhere. leave them shaved no one cares caryn m

joann07
08-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Ditto and ditto.
Don't make a big deal out of it and do what you normally do.
Nobody will notice unless you make it obvious!

Hugs!

sissystephanie
08-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Vera,

Jamie and Dakota said it all. Who cares? They are your legs. I have been shaving my legs for several years, and my 51 y/o daughter, who does not know I CD, just noticed it for the first time last week. I just told her I never had had much hair there anyway (true), so I just shaved it all off. Her response, "cool!" Unless your legs were really hairy before, chances are nobody will even notice. As a rule, most men aren't looking at another man's legs!:heehee: A woman's, yes! BTW, living in Georgia as I do, I wear either shorts, a skort, or a skirt a lot of the time. So my legs are very visible to everybody. I am proud of my shaved and tan legs, which even at age 75 are pretty good looking!!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

the "sometimes" added because my GGF likes me to be her man as well as Sissy

ChristyCD
08-23-2007, 03:24 PM
i went on an 8-day vacation to florida - wore shorts every day.

No one said a thing (or cared!) not even my kids!

DonnaT
08-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, my wife would notice.

She noticed a bus driver's shaved legs when we were at Disney in CA. No one else seemed to, not even me.

She noticed a bagpipe musician locally had his legs shaved. He was in a kilt.

But she looks for these kinds of things.

If anyone does ask, tell them you heard it would be cooler in all this heat. And it is. If it's a guy, then tell them they should try it.

Jamie001
08-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Why not just tell them that you like the look of shaved legs and that it feels better? or... tell them that shaved legs feel better when you wear pantyhose (this is really true)

Well, my wife would notice.

She noticed a bus driver's shaved legs when we were at Disney in CA. No one else seemed to, not even me.

She noticed a bagpipe musician locally had his legs shaved. He was in a kilt.

But she looks for these kinds of things.

If anyone does ask, tell them you heard it would be cooler in all this heat. And it is. If it's a guy, then tell them they should try it.

Deborah Jane
08-23-2007, 03:37 PM
I got asked at work and told them my new girlfriend found it a real turn-on. No one,s mentioned it since!!

crunchysoda
08-23-2007, 04:46 PM
My bf shaves his legs. He did it once before he told me about the cding. Yes I thought it was odd, but then he's odd in other ways too.
He said it was because he was on the swim team and they shaved their legs he liked it.

Now that I know about the cding I told him he's fooling himself to say it's only cuz of the swim team thing, cuz well he's not on the swim team now.

He wears shorts, but he is also half Asian and a lot of Asian arent exactly "hairy" anyway.

Besides if anyone is staring at your legs to notice in the first place, that say more about them than you.

Personally I like the feel of *my* legs shaven but I hate the act of shaving, it's a serious pita. If I didnt have a bf I probably wouldnt bother during the winter lol. Keeps you a lil warmer haha.

I suppose a man is better in the winter than hairy legs.. oh i crack myself up.

Elsbeth
08-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I've shaved my legs for the last 20 years, and for a good 10 of those I was in complete denial about my being a CD.

Why did I shave them? I was bike racer (Cat 3 if anyone knows what that means). So I went around in shorts with shaved legs and I can't ever remember a single person making note of it. So don't worry about it. No one will notice.

As a funny aside. My wife thought it was weird when I first started to shave when I began to race seriously. But as the years went by, she got used to because we would hang out with my friends who were also racers. She told me that by the end of my racing career she had gotten so used to guys with shaved legs that hairy legs on guys were starting to gross her out. :)

El

JoannaCD
08-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Shaving is a bit of a pain. I use an electric hair trimmer to get the length of all the hair except for my head to very short "peach fuzz". No one notices the change from furry to virtually invisible. It may be my imagination but I also find it cooler in the heat

Wickanne GG
08-23-2007, 05:32 PM
when you shave your legs does anyone notice

No, no one notices :straightface:

Would I notice a man with shaved legs wearing shorts?

Yes, I would. It's like looking a picture and wondering where Waldo is. I do it when men have fine blonde hairs on their legs also.

Would I care if a man shaves his legs?

No, unless he found a way to use a razor without taking a chunk of skin out of his shin...then I'd wanna know about it :D

:love:
Wickanne

Stormgirl
08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Yes people notice but I tell them that I shaved them due to the heat(Iraq). But since I am in the states again, I need to come up with a convincing lie. Oh hell, who gives a *bleep* what people think these days? I tell em I shaved em cos I wanted to and it feels good!

Deidra Cowen
08-23-2007, 05:42 PM
I am shaved all over! At work no troubles I got dress slacks on. But for casual wear jean have replaced shorts. I do sometimes wear shorts to the gym or a swimming suit. I personally think people notice but I just go with it, but it is uncomfortable some times.

I shave my arms too...most the time I wear long sleeves to avoid a 'Farmers' tan. But one day or two a week I do wear short sleeves. No one seems to notice that. So I find you can get away with the arms...but shaved legs catch peoples attention.

Hey wish it were not true but thats what I personally have found out. Of course I got very white legs...no tan...that probably hurts...but I am too old to suntan and mess up my skin anymore than it is now!!!!

JULIE33362
08-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I SHAVE IT ALL GET MY EYES WAXED EVER 5 WEEKS WHEN SOME BUT HEAD SAY SOMETHING I SAY YOU DONT LIKE IT I DID IT FOR YOU WELL AM SAD NOT HAVE A NICE DAY ASS HO-E SEE YA SOON HUGS JULIE:love:

Karren H
08-23-2007, 05:52 PM
My whole ice hockey didn't notice..... lol

Karren

JasmineH
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Like Deirdra I too am shaved all over. Do i care what others may think? Not one bit!If anyone asks I just tell them that I prefer it that way.

Wendy me
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
biggest stress thingy shaving legs and knowing every one will know you cd.....

.lol.....sadest thing is when after stressing abought shaving and being found out ..... no one cares.....

~Seana~
08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
no- one cares .In three years I've only had one person mention they noticed I shaved, and then it was my arms they noticed not my legs. I just told them truthfully it makes it easier to wear latex. Since I'm very openly kinked not a personat the office ( and I work for Dell) even would bat an eyelash at that one

JULIE33362
08-23-2007, 06:00 PM
My whole ice hockey didn't notice..... lol

Karren LOVE YOUR PHOTOS YOU ROCK HUGS JULIE

Jamie001
08-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Sorry for the ignorance, but what does "openly kinked" mean? :confused:

no- one cares .In three years I've only had one person mention they noticed I shaved, and then it was my arms they noticed not my legs. I just told them truthfully it makes it easier to wear latex. Since I'm very openly kinked not a personat the office ( and I work for Dell) even would bat an eyelash at that one

nikki_t
08-23-2007, 06:30 PM
It's actually becoming more and more fashionable for guys to shave their legs (and chest and bum and almost everywhere else). If you don't believe me, ask some high school kids.

You would get more weird looks if you walked down the street with an immensely hairy chest and gold medalion. Things like this come and go out of fashion. Right now, smooth guys are "in".

I shave my legs and wear shorts (slightly shorter shorts - not the usual baggy knee length ones) and I've only had compliments from the one or two people that actually noticed or said anything.

:2c:

SandyR
08-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I have had one neighbor kinda look at me funny, but maybe it was left over food on my shorts....heheh. No has ever said a word to me.

SandyR

BarbaraTalbot
08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
s...but shaved legs catch peoples attention.
I'm guessing shapely legs catch peoples attention, and what are they doing staring at your legs anyway.

Seriously though I waited 2-3 weeks until a planned swimming event with cub scouts was over,. (my son is a lousy swimmer he refuses help learning and refuses tostay out of the water so I knew I was going in.)

My big plan was to shave,see how it looked/felt, wear big boy long pants all the hot summer till it grew back. Plan backfired.
It felt so good my concern was not how to hide it but whether to wax,shave or veet. (BTW my latest wax vs Veet test is a week old, wax wins no doubt. but OUCH!)

I go everywhere in knee in knee length shorts and my cute blue keds and ankle socks. I have yet to catch anyone staring at my legs, so i'm thinking I need to tone and tan them :)

I hear what you are saying, factory workers, etc. I used to clean the bathrooms in a glass factory overnight, and they seem to be less than culturally refined in some aspects of their deportment. I also was a Union pre-apprentice ironworker for a while, after drinking a strawberry soda, I was forever known as "Lipstick". But even they, would NEVER admit to noticing anything about another man;s legs. The first one who said something would have gotten a nickname a lot more colorful than lipstick.

Marcie's GG
08-23-2007, 06:58 PM
As the wife of a gurl who shaves regularly, yea I notice, but neither he or I really care what others think...

His job requires business casual so he doesn't really have to worry at work either...

KarenSusan
08-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Awhile back I got a skin infection on my leg. When I went to the doctor, he prescribed some cream for it and told me it would be better to keep my legs shaved. He didn't have to tell me twice. So I have a doctor's excuse!

linnea
08-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Ditto and ditto.
Don't make a big deal out of it and do what you normally do.
Nobody will notice unless you make it obvious!

Hugs!

I have shaved my legs for several years, and when I go outside in the summer, I wear short. No one really notices; at least no one says anything. However, I don't have thick, dark hair. I you're a very thickly hairy person, your shaved legs may stand out a bit more than mine do. Nonetheless, I agree that if you don't make a big deal about it and do what you normally do, nobody will notice or if they notice, they won't really care.

angelfire
08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
In one of my groups of friends, I constantly get comments from them. Not because I am smooth, but because I have alot of chest hair, and none of them do. They all shave, but I haven't. Every time we get together, they say "You should really wax your chest. You got so much hair." Pretty much everyone in that social group has no chest or back hair. So I only get comments because I DON'T shave. On the other hand, if I did, the only comment I would likely get is "'bout time."

On the other hand, a few weeks ago I went camping with a bunch of friends, and every single one of them (different group of friends, obviously) had chest hair. So to them it might seem a bit odd if I didn't.

Either way, I don't think anyone would make a huge deal out of it.

Stephenie S
08-23-2007, 07:31 PM

When I first decided to shave my legs I tried for several weeks to figure out if I could tell if other men had shaved their legs. Guess what? I couldn't tell. Some men have hairy legs, some men don't. After two weeks of not being able to tell myself, I decided that others would have a similar hard time telling if I shaved. So I did. NO ONE SAID A THING. Shorts, bathing suit, at the gym. No one noticed, or if they did they didn't care. Should I say that again? No, I don't need to. You heard me the first time. It's a non-issue. And really not a big deal anyway. It grows back faster that you want, so if you don't like it, it will be back before you notice.

We have been over this topic many times on this forum. The overwhelming consensus is that nobody cares a bit what you do with your legs. Please hon, don't give others so much power over you. If you want to shave your legs, it's no one's business but your own.

And listen sweetie, it feels just GREAT!!!

Lovies,
Stephie

Lanore
08-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I wear gym short most all of the time and I believe I have pretty nice looking legs. When you look like you just stole something will anyone look your way. Enjoy the feeling, it will grow on you.

Lanore

sterling12
08-23-2007, 08:02 PM
In two years, I've had 2 comments.

First time from a gal I was dating, "Hey you shave your legs....and arms!" First rule, do not date nurses not long out of Nursing School. They tend to spend a lot of time assessing bodies, and they will assess yours!

Second time, my neighbor blurts out at the local Seven-Eleven, while we're all standing in line, "Wow, when did you start shaving your legs?" Second Rule, avoid people that drink a lot. Seems that the brain pathways get kind of "effected," and these people aren't troubled by the usual clutter of many distracting thoughts that most of us have, so they will focus on whatever they are looking at. I have a CD Friend who got "read," in a bar by a drunk from her home town, instantly! He recognized her from her Business's Commercials on TV.

In both instances, just kept my mouth shut and it all blew over....very quickly. I figure two encounters in two years is not a high price to pay. 99.9% of the time, everybody is way too preoccupied to be worried about whether or not you have shaved your legs.

Peace and Love, Joanie

StephanieT
08-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I started shaving my legs and private areas about 6 weeks ago. I told my wife it was so she could feel me smooth. She had no problem with it and said it was only to turn me on. She was right. I am also living in a 5th wheel trailer for most of the week with limited water while I am being the General Contractor for our second home in Colorado. I have noticed that my hair on my arms collects a lot of dirt and it is difficult to get body dirt from my arm pits. Since I have limited water, I am claiming it is a Hygiene thing. I actually do stink less and have less dirt to wash off being shaved.

Rachel Morley
08-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I've been waxing or shaving my legs all year round for about 10 years now. Do people notice? .... depends. When I first did it I was single and yeah, my closest GG friends did ask me "why have you shaved your legs?" .... but everyone else in the world? ... no. Not one single person has ever commented or made me feel self conscious about my hair free legs.

Now, I notice you said:

...... if 1 person spots my legs shaved then it goes through the whole factory...i'm screwed.
So what about co-workers? I went to the company "employee reward summer BBQ party" and I wore women's jean shorts and women's white tennis shoes. Not one single person said a thing and I didn't even notice anyone's eyes moving down to my legs when they spoke to me. :D

MelindaC
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't have much arm or leg hair anyway, so no one would notice if I had shaved my legs or not. I must admit I do prefer them shaved :happy:

Karen Francis
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
been shaving all over for several years. this year first time , shorts, shirt off , no one noticed. Do a little survey and look at men's arms and legs. You will see quite a few with so little hair it almost looks as if they shave.
I also had a DOT physical recently. Female doctor didn't comment at all about completely shaved body.

fun4metoo2004
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
No.

Joni Thomas
08-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I decided this summer I was gonna keep em smooth!. The only one that said anyting was my sister in law!. Told her bluntly " I like Them This Way"! Enough said!. I like it this way and who cares! If she thinks I CD............So what. I waited all this time to be me..............It's my time now. Know what I mean? Love Joni

paulaN
08-23-2007, 08:48 PM
The first summer that I had kept my legs shaved I felt self conscious about it when I was around friends and family. I don't even think twice about it now. I have never had a comment on them from any one. "Lier" one of my wifes friends said this spring, sexy legs. It was not about them being shaved though. "I don't think" na! she was to far away.

Zee
08-23-2007, 08:49 PM
For the last 5 years I have been shaving my body. Lately, thanks to this forum, I use an epilator. However, I during that whole time, no one notices me with shaved legs. I wear shorts 100% of the time when not at work (its business casual so shorts are out, but I would love to go in a skirt) during the spring, summer and fall (which up here is from mid may to mid september). NO ONE has made any comments (except when I paint my nails).

Don't worry about it. Someone asks, just say "because I don't like hair".

JC
08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
one neighbor stood staring at my legs. after a bit - i moved to a table blocked my view. he came around to look. never said a word.

i have seen otehrs look, but only a few glances..

jc

sammie
08-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I also shave what little hair i have.I wish that i was a GG so that it would not be so noticeable and draw stares from others who don't understand why I do it.I just love the feel of hairlessness thats all! I don't really mind if others have a bit of hair. I am attracted to females so if they don't mind why should I. Yours,Sammie

Darlene-VA
08-23-2007, 09:33 PM
I have kept my shaved for several years now and get some looks but no one has come right out and asked me about it

caren3600
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
I thought the same thing. I did it three years ago and nobody noticed. If they did I didn't care.

natasha
08-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Second year of shaved legs. No one has said a single word!!! Though the wife does remind me that I might be getting stubbly a little once in a while. I hate that when that happens

Jennaie
08-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Yes, a few may notice. Will they say anything, I doubt it, seriously.

Debbie47
08-23-2007, 11:34 PM
I work in a factory and have to take showers with the other men. I had one person make a comment years ago. If someone does make a comment they either already know or I tell them I am a serious cyclist and they and I shave our legs. I have heard that in the event of some road rash that it will heal better and you will stay cooler since the sweat will not wick off of the hairs, and you are slightly faster due to less wind resistence. I will not be winning and Tour de Frances though.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I've been shaving my legs for a couple of years now. I used to do the standard shave during the winter and let hair grow during the summer. Or shave during the summer and wear pants even when it's 100 degrees outside. For the past few summer's I've worn shorts on several occasions while being completely shaved.

I've only been asked about it a couple of times. I used to deny it by saying I am naturaly hairless. Now I will just answer "yes, and what's your point". I know it's easier said then done to go out with shorts after shaving your legs, especially if people are used to seeing you with hairy legs. Jocelyn

Tip or Ozma
08-23-2007, 11:43 PM
No one so far, and I even had to pint it out to my wife several years ago.

Angie G
08-23-2007, 11:50 PM
I have my legs shaved all summer and wear shorts all summer my grandaughters girlfriend asked me if I shaved them all Itold her was yes and I have post in both ears and color my hair to cover the gray and no one cares
:hugs:
Angie

rachel_rachel
08-24-2007, 02:23 AM
I've had my legs shved now for nearly 2 yrs. Only a few comments, some form the guys at work, some form guys at the cricket club... Nothing i can't handle.

My mum did ask was i some sort of poof or something, she knows i also shave my chest as well, my comeback to that was that it makes me go quicker through the water when i'm swimming. She didn't reply to that......

shauna 9
08-24-2007, 04:01 AM
I've been sharing my legs for the past six years. I go to physical therapy for my knees. Three times a week. One of the physical therapist aides . She always kids me. For shaving my legs . I tell her I'm tired of her rip the hair out . I have had 35 surgeries on my knees .

Lora Olivia
08-24-2007, 06:31 AM
No, or if they do they haven't said so. Think i would probably get more reaction if i was out in a skirt and din't have them shaved. My daughter did point out the fact to one of her girlfriends, she asked why, I said why do you shave yours? because it feels good right

Val702
08-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Wear big shorts and tall socks!

JoAnnDallas
08-24-2007, 08:44 AM
I have been shaving my legs/chest/arms for over a year now and no one has notice at all. Then too I am part native american, so don't have a lot of body hair anyway. The only person that has made a comment is my nail salon tech. She gives me leg massauges when she does my pedicure and remarked on how smooth my legs are. I am sure she can tell I shave my legs. LOL

Dixie
08-24-2007, 10:12 AM
This summer is the first summer that I have gone all summer with my legs shaved. If any one has noticed they haven't said anything or given me any strange looks!!!!:drink:

Hippy Chic
08-24-2007, 10:56 AM
If they do, no-one has yet to mentioned it

Cara Allen
08-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, I get much more commentary when I grow and then shave my moustache off.

As for shaving, Some control people will make comments... Since I wear levis most of the time, it's not an issue really.

Where it does come in to play is with my wife. She thinks I am back in the closet, and prefers me that way. Shaving it all off is what I will again, but she has a legit complaint because within hours, my legs turn to sand paper.
I am thinking that, this time, I will wax... I understand that it is very painful, but it lasts for two months... any one have that experience?

Since I was body shaved for years, I can say that people never questioned my legs but they did question my arms... twice. I just offhandedly said I don't get furry... It is better if you can stage it so that there is a long time in between their seeing hairy legs and shaved legs... Now, if you shave your legs, it's later in the summer and you can wear jeans. By the time spring rolls around you'll be used to your shaved legs, and no one will even remember.
It's true that if you're embarrased, you kind of draw attention. Being afraid or worried about it is the worst... it's like people smell the fear, and they study you closer...

trannie T
08-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I'veshaved my legs for years and nobody seens to notice. I shaved my arms a few months ago and was sure that I'd get some comments, wrong. When I'm getting ready to go out I always laugh as I shave my fingers -- that is a committment to crossdressing!

Ronda_B
08-24-2007, 10:59 PM
I've been shaving my legs for years and have also shaved my arm pits and arms and work close with other GG and no body has ever said anything. My SO noticed that my arms were shaved but that's were it ended. Also I can get away with wearing Secret Shower Fresh deorderant around all them GG's and nobody notices. They would if I was to wear a dress to work. My SO doesn't like my shaved chest though. Go Figure!!!

Phyliss
08-25-2007, 03:53 AM
I'veshaved my legs for years and nobody seens to notice. I shaved my arms a few months ago and was sure that I'd get some comments, wrong. When I'm getting ready to go out I always laugh as I shave my fingers -- that is a committment to crossdressing!

As usual, I'm a day late and a stocking short , but I guess I'll make a comment also. As for my legs being shaved, that's something I've done for about 5 yrs now. While I don't wear shorts as a rule, the few times I have, there hasn't been any comment made to me. But then, at my age, I guess I'm not expected to look like a Yeti.

And here I thought I was the only one who spent the time "doing my fingers"

During the past year I've taken to having my arms "fuzz free" not a single comment from this either.

Jillm
08-25-2007, 04:21 AM
I have shaved my legs all year round for about the past ten years, ten years before that I was a cold weather shaver only. Anyway if anyone notices that I shave my legs they don’t say anything to me. I say go for it and if someone does ask you about it there have been many suggestions posted here on how to respond.

Vera
08-25-2007, 08:54 AM
i did as you said went out side to the neighbours ..no one even said a thing...went to the gas station in shorts ..not even 1 stare... still felt like a alien but its getting easier...

Cindi Ann Kelly
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't think that anyone really cares.

cindi

CourtneyinTaylor
09-01-2007, 11:14 PM
I also have a sister in law that is to damn nosey. If I shave my legs she sees it. If I wear my wife's jeans she sees it. If I have any make up on at all she says something it DRIVES ME NUTS. All of the above has happen to me so now i make sure I'm totally in drab around her. What really gets me going is shes not quite about it at all she just blurts everything out.

susie evans
09-01-2007, 11:45 PM
i don't think most people notice are care :hugs:

susie

My Lady Marsea
09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I shave mine because I really don't want hairy legs with my summer shorts and when we are dressed hairy legs might bring more unwanted attention. Do your thing girl, nuts to them. After about the third time you won't even be aware of having done it LOL.

Rachel_CDS
09-02-2007, 06:20 AM
I only shave my legs when the weather starts getting cooler so I don't expect to be wearing shorts again. I am so glad I read this thread because it reminds me that it is that time of year already:happy:

eliot
09-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I keep my legs, underarms, and chest shaved pretty much all the time. If any one notices, they have never mentioned it to me. I am fortunate to have lightly colored body hair anyway, so it is not too noticeable. Love the look and feeling.

MJ
09-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Would I care if a man shaves his legs?

No, unless he found a way to use a razor without taking a chunk of skin out of his shin...then I'd wanna know about it :D

:love:
Wickanne

it's never happned to me ... your not doing it right :happy:

[QUOTE=Deidra Cowen;980549]I am shaved all over! I shave my arms too...most the time I wear long sleeves to avoid a 'Farmers' tan. But one day or two a week I do wear short sleeves. No one seems to notice that. So I find you can get away with the arms...but shaved legs catch peoples attention.

like Deidra i shave all the time . evan in guy mode no one said anything !!
just do it .... you know you want to

Denielleinheels
09-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I have been shavingfor years. no one seams to care and it is usually a woman that notices and says she would kill to have my legs... shave them and who cares.:2c:

nikkirussel
09-02-2007, 11:03 AM
I use an Epilator all over my body except my arms as the hair is fine and light there. You don't have to do it as often and the hair feels better as it grows not stubby. I love the feel of fabric on my bare skin so whatever people think doesn't matter.

phyllis47
09-02-2007, 11:20 AM
you tell them gurl....

Nice to know someone like us lives near... I am in westland michigan...

hope your having fun, i am as phyllis.

hugs..

My sister in-law (brothers wife......nosey b*&^h) asked me at a family get together over 4th of July, if I shaved my legs. I said yes. She asked "why?" Everyone kind of stopped talking and I looked at her and said " Because thigh highs don't look good on hairy legs why else?" and continued on with my conversation with my sister. Everyone thought it was funny and that's as far as it went. Nobody knows I dress other than my wife. I personally could care less what poeple think. When they pay my bills and take care of my family....they can tell me what to do. Until then, if anyone does not like it, they can p*ss up a rope.

kay_jessica
09-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Well i shave my legs and arms. I wear shorts when its warm enough, and t shirts all the time. Yes I'm sure people have notice. I'm sure they've noticed my femme nails, and longer hair. I'm sure they notice the odd fleck of nail polish i fail to get off. But you know what. Not one of my colleagues has made a negative comment.

So what if they do notice. Last I heard the US was a free country, and that i guess means so long as its legal you can do what YOU please. If you and your wife are happy with you shaving your legs then keep doing it.

Enjoy it. There is nothing nicer than to have a sheer stocking or tight over new veeted/shaved legs.

Hugs

Kay

girlieguy
09-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I've done it on and off again for the last 13 years, and, besides the girlfriend, eiter no one has seemed to notice or cared to comment.

Tip or Ozma
09-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Had a family weekend that included time in a motel pool with my grown up children and three grandchildren--no one noticed. My wife does not mind that I shave my legs.

Tip

Victoria Gizelle
09-03-2007, 12:44 AM
At the begining I had similar thoughts of what people would say to me or about me. Then 1 day I just did it, never looked back since, going on 15 yrs. In addition have been getting my hands and feet done on a regular basis. When it's all said and done, It's mind over matter. you know the rest. I am smooth all over and it's the best feeling ever! Do What's Best For You.Things are so much easier this way,Well that's my:2c:

Jazzmine
09-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Hi Vera
I shaved my legs recently and some people noticed and some didn't. I cycle (road racing) so it's normal to have shaved legs if you're a cyclist - so take up cycling! Also down at the gym most of the guys have totally shaved bodies. I have not gone that far yet, but if I wanted to shave the top ... well I might just take up a gym membership!
So just do it! Who cares .. it's your life.
Cheers, Jazzmine.

Pamela75s
09-04-2007, 01:43 AM
I have shaved my legs for about a year now and no one cares. I really don't care if they did say anything, I like how I feel.

carie
09-04-2007, 11:59 AM
many guys shave .. if i go to the gym, some did ask why i shave my arm-pit and legs.

so what ? i just said its more hygiene and it look better than seeing a forest there ..

KirstyChibiMoon
09-13-2007, 03:32 PM
No one ever noticed when i started to shave...:Angry3:
After i started to shave my legs i didnt know where to stop!
So, I kept going higher n higher, to eventually include my arms n hands... my wife/mistress/mommie even helps me with my back once in a while :D

I was really scared that someone would notice my arms especially, but nope!
I had allready thought up a ton of excuses too <giggles>

1) ive join'd a swim team
2) taking up body building
3) bicycle racers shave.
4) triathaletes shave...

I could go on n on plus it just feels so yummy after a fresh shave to put on a fresh pair of lycra tights :love:

The only real bad thing about shaving is once you start you don't want to stop!

btw i shave in a warm bubble bath and use the Venus razor with baby oil with vitamine E & aloe allready in it. I used to get nasty rashes in the groin area and inner thighs alot untill i switched to that.

What method of shaving do you find best for you?

Here is an old post i started on what razor people prefer:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48420

I hope that helps and saves a few people some pain n rashes :hugs:

Kristen Marie
09-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Last fall when I was not shaving my legs, my wife asked if I was. My leg hair has always been light and a lot of it never comes back from too much skiing, etc. I tried to convince her I was not shaving, showed her my legs up close, and she barely believed me even though in places the hair was long.

So....now I shave periodically. Never been asked again since then.

Joy Carter
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Nope ! :d

ArleneRaquel
09-13-2007, 04:43 PM
I have never received any comments about my shaved legs from friends when I am in drab. En Femme I have received a few whistles about my looks, I sure hope that those hoots are about my legs, which I consider my best attribute. :love: & :hugs: Maureen Welch - The Non - Fuzzy - Legged Afro - Irish Babe

kristiCD
09-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Yes I think people notice, especially if you are a man with smooth legs. Some may like it but I think most people think it is weird for a guy to shave their legs. Of course everyone here likes it.

That's what I think anyway. Do an internet search on the subject of men with shaved legs (sites where people leave comments) and you will see there are a lot of people who put it down.

I think that sometimes reality get skewed on this site. There is nothing wrong with men and shaved legs but I don't think it is looked upon so positive by the majority or not noticed at all, especially in my area.

Jamie001
09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Why does it matter how is is looked upon or what other people think? It is your body and you have the right to do with it as you please. If someone asks me why I shave my legs, I tell them that I like the feel of smooth legs and that I don't like body hair. Sometimes I also tell them that smooth legs feel so much better in pantyhose which is really true. Like Rita said, we need to stop worrying about what other people think and just be ourselves. When other people start paying my mortgage, then I may consider their opinion. Until then, they can keep their opinion to themselves.

Do you really need an excuse to shave your legs? Answer: "NO"

Yes I think people notice, especially if you are a man with smooth legs. Some may like it but I think most people think it is weird for a guy to shave their legs. Of course everyone here likes it.

That's what I think anyway. Do an internet search on the subject of men with shaved legs (sites where people leave comments) and you will see there are a lot of people who put it down.

I think that sometimes reality get skewed on this site. There is nothing wrong with men and shaved legs but I don't think it is looked upon so positive by the majority or not noticed at all, especially in my area.

Lora Olivia
09-13-2007, 08:05 PM
think i posted in here before but the big gash i took out of the back of my heel last night might be a big give away lol:D

Sheri 4242
09-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Nope! Nobody has ever said a word! My earrings have drawn a few comments in a comedic sense from a few friends, but nobody has ever said a word about my shaving. If you knew the number of coaches (especially football when two-a-days start) and athletes that shave (weightlifters, body-builders, swimmers, runners, tennis players, divers, etc.). It is no big deal!!! And, there are many men who have worn long pants for such a long time that they have little or no leg hair left and you can't tell if it is shaved or natural.

My sister in-law (brothers wife......nosey b*&^h) asked me at a family get together over 4th of July, if I shaved my legs. I said yes. She asked "why?" Everyone kind of stopped talking and I looked at her and said " Because thigh highs don't look good on hairy legs why else?" and continued on with my conversation with my sister.

:lol2: *spews cola through nose*

Why not just tell them that you like the look of shaved legs and that it feels better? or... tell them that shaved legs feel better when you wear pantyhose (this is really true)

Why tell them anything except they should mind their own business -- lest you come shave their legs in the middle of the night! :lol2:

When other people start paying my mortgage, then I may consider their opinion. Until then, they can keep their opinion to themselves.

So, that's what it will take?!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

kristiCD
09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
The question was does anybody notice. I stand by what I say, people do absolutely notice. Especially in a factory around c-workers who see you everyday.

The question was not "should you care".

Why does it matter how is is looked upon or what other people think? It is your body and you have the right to do with it as you please. If someone asks me why I shave my legs, I tell them that I like the feel of smooth legs and that I don't like body hair. Sometimes I also tell them that smooth legs feel so much better in pantyhose which is really true. Like Rita said, we need to stop worrying about what other people think and just be ourselves. When other people start paying my mortgage, then I may consider their opinion. Until then, they can keep their opinion to themselves.

Do you really need an excuse to shave your legs? Answer: "NO"

kristiCD
09-14-2007, 02:08 AM
This is a big issue for me too. I love having shaved legs, but I am very self conscious about it. I can understand Vera's concern. If I was working in a factory I would also be very afraid to show up one day with shaved legs. People will talk. There will be many people calling you names behind your back. It's great that all of you don't seem to care what other people think, but your not the one's who have to walk in that factory every day. Sometimes it may be best to be a closet leg shaver, that's for each of us to decide.

KirstyChibiMoon
09-14-2007, 02:25 AM
The question was does anybody notice. I stand by what I say, people do absolutely notice. Especially in a factory around c-workers who see you everyday.

The question was not "should you care".

im only speaking from my own real life kristi...

no one noticed me and i was still a deeply closeted cd around "vanilla" crowds and co-workers... i can't speak for the rest of the world.

i think you are overly paranoid.

kristiCD
09-14-2007, 04:46 AM
Whatever. Paranoid is a strong word. I don't pretend that people don't notice and talk. Of course most people don't confront you to your face.

Hermione Simpson
09-14-2007, 04:57 AM
if they do, no ones said anything to me, like why do you do it etc

Melora
09-14-2007, 05:23 AM
I dont shave my leggs, BUT my SO seems to hate the fact that I like to shave my arms and chest! I just tell her that I HATE looking like an APE!

Suzie Green
09-14-2007, 06:38 AM
I am a bicycle racer and triathlete and have been shaving mine for over 30 years. I'm sure people notice, but in all that time no one has ever said anything. I'm so used to it now that my legs look weird if I start to let the hair grow back. I normally shave twice per week. :thumbup:

caryn m
09-14-2007, 06:51 AM
no one notices! ive been shaving for about a year now and no one ever seems to notice. during a recent golfing weekend, during very hot weather everyone wore shorts. i did a quick survey and it appears that 4 out of 24 participants shaved their legs. nothing to get in a knot about caryn

Meag
09-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I have read almost all the posts and I have not read one that is like me. I have NO hair on my legs and No hair in my armpits. I do shave my body every two or three days. I have never had anyone ask me if I shaved my legs. I have worn hose in biege and tan, almost everyday of the year, and with shorts in the summer and have only had four comments, all from women, and all told me how nice my legs looked, and I'm 71. My wife said that I should not wear hose with shorts, but I wear them for support to control swelling, and no one cares. Three of the comments were not about shaving, but about wearing hose. Boy, do wearing hose cover up a lot of scares.

So wear your shorts with hose and shaved legs----GO FOR IT

Meag

Naomi CD
09-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Every year at about this time I tell myself that I will shave my legs when the temperatures lower and I think I can get away with a month or so without wearing shorts in public. It never happens. I know too many people that I would shock if they saw my legs shaved.

How long does it take to grow back?

kimdresses
09-14-2007, 08:27 AM
I have been shaving my whole body for years. At work, I have only had a few comments at the beginning but they were positive comments. I keep my toe nails painted and even on vacation the only comment I got was a sales lady asked in a store since I was wearing flip-flops with shorts; "where did you get your nails done at?" She has been after her husband to do his I found out after talking with her. Don't worry about shaving, you got to realize the only one who worries is you, no one else really thinks anything about it.

JulieC
09-14-2007, 11:20 AM

Anybody who thinks people are not noticing various attributes of crossdressing, whether it be shaved legs, arms, or attempts to pass, is kidding themselves. In the vast, vast majority of cases you have fooled no one, and people have noticed. People are more observant than they are given credit for in this forum. The reality is, you are noticed. However, few people have the nerve to say something to the effect that you have been noticed.

caroline_cd_99
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM

I agree with Kristi, I am sure most everyone notices my shaved legs, but very few have ever made any comments to me about it. I shave year round and have noticed many double takes from people as I walk around.

What they say when I am not around doesn't bother me at all.

Sally-Ann
09-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I got asked at work and told them my new girlfriend found it a real turn-on. No one,s mentioned it since!!

:) If I tried that at work there'd be a whole load more interesting questions! Like "what does your wife think about your new girlfriend?"

(I'm not having a go, I quite like the image of baking the brains of certain cow-orkers! :) )

Claudia Zylindrias
09-15-2007, 02:26 PM
the only one that has ever said anything to me is my estatician, who funny enough dislikes body hair. My SO told her why she perfers me hairlessan in turn she convince her b/f to remove the leg and underarm hair. go figure. I really don't care if people notice or not, i won't say anything derogotory about them if they extend the same curtosiy to me.