PDA

View Full Version : It's good to tell

Ruth
08-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I've been out to my wife and a close trusted friend for almost a year, and it's been good, but I often feel it would be better to share with a few more people.
Last weekend we had two old and dear friends to stay and I checked with my wife if it was OK to tell them about Ruth. She was happy about it (not actually as enthusiastic as me, but she was in favour) so on the last evening of the visit I told them.
It went very well and their reaction was all I had hoped . They found it very interesting, and were mostly interested in the psychological and emotional dimension to it rather than practicalities like what I wear.
I didn't dress for them, though they said they would be fine with me dressed any way I wanted.
I felt great about it afterwards, partly because it's a small liberation to reveal the secret to any other person; also because I wanted my wife to be reassured about the reaction of other people to my "condition". She is still nervous about me being "found out" and I'm hoping this will let her see that perhaps it's not such a dreadful thing in the eyes of the world in general.

dakota_ann69
08-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Good for you!! I am happy to hear that things went well for you.

DonnaT
08-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Cool!

Just remember, not everyone will react the same. So choose wisely.

Shelly Preston
08-23-2007, 03:16 PM
It great that it all went well for you when telling your friends

I just wish it was as easy for everyone

sissystephanie
08-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Ruth,

I told my dear wife (since passed away) before we were married, and we had 49 1/2 very happy years together. I had never told anyone else until this year. I have a very dear friend in Scotland, whom I met on the internet. I have since met her and her husband in person in Scotland. Then they came to visit me in Georgia on the occasion of my 75th Birthday this past May. Not too long ago, I finally confided to her that I was a crossdresser. She was, and is, very accepting and has stated that it would have no bearing at all on our friendship. She has even been on this Forum many times learning what crossdressing is all about, and then asking me questions.

It does help to tell, especially your wife (although as I have said before, that should happen before marriage to avoid problems). As long as she is O.K. with you telling others, why not? If you feel presentable as Ruth, and your wife agrees, let them see Ruth. That is you, my dear! You are Ruth as much as you are whoever your male persona is! I think most of the CD's on this Forum would agree with that statement. The ones that don't agree just haven't accepted the fact yet! My dear wife called me Sissy or Stephanie as much as she called me by my male name, because she knew I was both persona!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes
"Sometimes" added because of my dear GGF who also likes me as a man