PDA

View Full Version : My wife told my daughter I am a cross dresser...

Dita_B
08-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Hello all...

I just wanted to share my last experience... Yesterday morning I woke up to my wife telling me she had a talk the night before with our daughter who lives with us with her hubby and her new born baby...to tell her I am a cross dresser.

Now I have been struggling with the situation, as I go out as Dita quite often and when I do I have to jump through some serious hoops to get out of the house unseen... So it was only a matter of time before she would have found out anyway by running into her.

So this morning as soon as I saw her, I had a talk with my daughter and it turned out to be a very positive experience... She started by hugging me and telling me that I am her Dad, no matter what clothes I wear... So that was a tremendous relief...

She was actually so cool with it that I felt compelled to tell her about this forum and ended showing her my avatar and profile pictures.

Well, when she saw them, she almost fell out of her chair... She admitted that she would not have recognized me if she would have walked passed Dita in the Mall.

I felt really happy with her compliments and since she said she wouldn't mind meeting Dita in person, and also mentioned she would join Dita to go shopping, I think that my times of having to sneak out of the house are over. She also told me that she got the impression from the talk with her Mom that my wife is turning from tolerant into supportive, but I have no proof of that yet.

Anyway, my daughter was very impressed with the forum and told me she'd probably join as well as Dita's daughter GG... so if that happens, you all know where that is coming from...

I feel really relieved and a big burden seems to have been lifted off my shoulders and I couldn't help myself sharing the experience with all of you...

:love:Dita.

Darlene-VA
08-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Beautiful story to start the day, glad that it all worked out and you have one great daughter

Sheri 4242
08-24-2007, 06:20 AM
Dita,

One of my adult daughters is accepting as yours seems to be and it really is great!!! She my daughter) years ago went on a forum to help some children (teenage and older) of some crossdressers. It was very positive!!!

While this daughter of mine has never been out shoppig with me as Sheri, she has been with Sheri at some events -- like Halloween. And, she has actually bought Sheri her own Christmas present.

Glad to hear your news and hope things continue to progress in such a positive manner!!!

DAVIDA
08-24-2007, 06:26 AM
That can get pricey!:heehee: The last time my daughter was here, we shopped every day! She took home at least six pair of shoes!

Priscilla Ann
08-24-2007, 07:35 AM
That's awesome, Dita.

Bonnie D
08-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Great news Dita!

My son knows but won't accept it and my wife warns me not to let my daughter find out ever.

Bonnie

PortiaHoney
08-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Fantastic news. Glad to hear you have a wonderful understanding daughter. Also shows what wonderful parents you both are.

It's also good to get some great news resulting from honesty in the family. Now you can be more open and sharing too.

Darlene Rochelle
08-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Dita,that is wonderful to hear!

Holly
08-24-2007, 08:07 AM
COngratulations, Dita. Hold on to your credit cards... it looks like it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Veronica 1
08-24-2007, 08:12 AM
That is great, it sounds like you have a wonderful daughter but I can't help but wonder why the wife told her in the first place.

Gisele
08-24-2007, 09:32 AM
That is such great news! I hope your daughter does join us here.

I think you two need some matching outfits.:heehee:

All my best, Beth

Jenny Beth
08-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Great to hear that, I know how you feel since my daughter is supportive of my dressing too. If she's willing to meet Dita I'd certainly take her up on her offer to go shopping. Planning what to wear when you meet will be the hard part, after that it'll be a breeze. You've got a great daughter there, but I agree with Holly, go easy on the credit card! :heehee:

Dixie
08-24-2007, 10:10 AM
That's great, congratulations!:drink:

karynspanties
08-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I have one question. Why would your wife be compelled to tell your daughter without discussing it with you first? I would be absolutely livid. I am glad it worked out for you, but your wife could have ruined your relatioship with your daughter. She (your wife) should know that it's up to you who knows about your alter ego and not her. This could spell problems in the future. Just my :2c:

Suzy Harrison
08-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey Sis !

That's great news - although I thought initially it's a little worrying that your wife told her without saying anything to you first. But there again we don't know what the circumstances were and maybe she had a feeling it would go down well anyway and didn't want to worry you.

In any case it worked out for the best, which is what it's all about.

I'm very happy for you - way to go ! :hugs:

Girly Sara
08-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Awww, that's brilliant news Dita! How liberating and what a weight off your shoulders! Good for you!

Have a fab weekend!

Sara xxx

AllyM
08-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Congratulations! You should feel wonderful!!!

SherriePall
08-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Congratulations. Glad it went well.

Deborah Jane
08-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Enjoy it Dita, it sounds like it could be fun! My daughter just found out about me too and now she,s moving in! [Maybe we should have a forum for daughters of CDers]!!!:heehee:

Victoria Anne
08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I am so happy for you Dita , that is just such wonderful news. I am utterly terrified what my daughter would say should she ever find out. The two of you have a wonderful week end and do try to leave some things at the mall for the rest of us okay!

Denielleinheels
08-24-2007, 01:06 PM
That is soooo cool. I am moving in with my G/F (plans for marriage in the near future). She has a 12 y/o daughter that loves me but she didn't know ME. About a month and a half ago Rose elected to talk to her without my knowledge. She then told me she talked to her and to begin with I was mortified. I asked what she said and I was told "That's why he undrstands us... I love him so it doesn't matter". I was concerned about her finding stuff in the closet and finding me dressed at some point. We didn't want her to wig. Rose asked how she would feel if she found me dressed...she said I have the best legs in the house and we can share clothes. I said I ever see you leave the house in my stuff and I'll shoot you, you are too young to dress like that. Now her son and my son's are a different story...I'll let you know how that goes when it happens.

MustangGirl
08-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Congratulations, it could have been a bombshell, I am glad things worked out well.

Dita_B
08-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Hello all...

Thank you all so much for your supportive reactions to my thread... I love you all for it...

Some of you have raised a valid concern and I feel the need to clarify that...

The reason my wife took the initiative to inform my daughter was that she (daughter) was very much concerned about my lengthly absents from the house when Dita went out en femme to cruise the Malls. Since she didn't have a clue of what was going on, she started to worry that I was possibly involved in some kind of activity that would not be good for me or for my health...and to avoid she started speculating in the wrong direction...

So she felt compelled to inform my daughter in order to take her worries away and since my daughter is very broad minded, my wife was not very concerned as to how she would take it..

And it worked out fantastic..

I hope this clarifies the situation...

:love:Dita.

trannie T
08-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Isn't it funny how scared we are about being out to others and when we are finally outed things usually go smoothly. I'm only out to a few people but it has been a liberating experience.