PDA

View Full Version : Bob&Tom on crossdressing

Brenda_fish
08-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I heard morning radio goofballs Bob & Tom discuss crossdressing today. It was on about 5:15 AM here. Apparently one of them followed one of our sisters out of the grocery store. Said something about seeing the worst looking dress, then realizing it was not the dress, but that it was being worn by a guy! I thought oh no, here we go . . . They criticized her wig and that she walked like a linebacker. But they also said things to the effect, its usually the hands that give them away, and it was actually a nice sun dress. In the end they were mostly just criticizing her presentation. I got a sense that they were a bit too familiar with crossdressing if you know what I mean. Was not nearly as bad as I expected.

Anyone else hear this? I was still half asleep but did you get the same impression I did?

Love Brenda

goofus
08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
I heard morning radio goofballs Bob & Tom discuss crossdressing today. It was on about 5:15 AM here. Apparently one of them followed one of our sisters out of the grocery store. Said something about seeing the worst looking dress, then realizing it was not the dress, but that it was being worn by a guy! I thought oh no, here we go . . . They criticized her wig and that she walked like a linebacker. But they also said things to the effect, its usually the hands that give them away, and it was actually a nice sun dress. In the end they were mostly just criticizing her presentation. I got a sense that they were a bit too familiar with crossdressing if you know what I mean. Was not nearly as bad as I expected.

Anyone else hear this? I was still half asleep but did you get the same impression I did?

Love Brenda

Bob and Tom ::snore:: They've been doing the same gags for years...

Brenda_fish
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I've only heard them a couple of times but perhaps I should have known better. Guess I got reeled in with the crossdresser bait.

Brenda

trannie T
08-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm glad they liked my dress.

jo_ann
08-24-2007, 04:43 PM
bob and tom were simulcasted in chicago for a short period, and they sound like a couple of old guys with a laugh track, very unfunny show.

SandyR
08-24-2007, 04:49 PM
I knew I needed to work more on my walk...hehehe.....

Hugs...

And I was reeled in the 1st time I heard it as well.

SandyR

brittanny
08-24-2007, 09:34 PM
I used to listen to them but they got kinda old its the same thing over and over

insearchofme
08-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I've been listening to them for years and while I don't agree with everything they do I really enjoy them. If you understand that they're going for the laugh then you understand the humor.

Tom did say that he didn't have a problem with the sister wearing the clothes just how she presented it. I'm sure we would all make comments on each other's persentation.

The fact that their show is simulcat nation wide and that their comdey shows are sold out where ever they go and their DVDs are the most popular ones sent to our troops over seas means that a lot of people find the humor in what they do, I guess Chicago just doesn't get it.

windycissy
08-24-2007, 10:31 PM
I guess Chicago just doesn't get it.

I love Bob and Tom! It sounds like they went easy on the crossdresser in their sights, anyway nothing can compare to Howard Stern dressing in drag for the cover of Miss America, can't tell me he doesn't have a secret life....

insearchofme
08-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Windy, I apologise. I guess I should have said that some in Chicago don't get it. Oh well, to each her own.

After all we're all sisters here.

DonnaT
08-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Od the guys of a local talk show team here, and nationally syndicated, used to wear wedding dresses to many of their public appearances. Anyone else listen to Don & Mike?

LindaTS
08-25-2007, 07:32 AM
I know it couldn't be me because I'm way to small to be a linebacker. And very happy to be this size I might add.

Lissa Stevens
08-25-2007, 08:44 AM
I used to listen to them but they got kinda old its the same thing over and over

DITTO

ShannonDragon
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I am from Indy where the broadcast. Don't like 'em, don't listen to 'em.:thumbsdn:

:tongueout

melissa michaels
08-29-2007, 07:38 PM
i think most of the time Tom is an arrogant a..hole.i think Cristy Lee should kick his butt!

ronni
08-29-2007, 08:52 PM
I didn't catch that show but they do have a bit they call "unsmooth moments" and I just happened to turn it on when they were reading the guy's story, it went something like,

The guy's buddy was at his place looking at a photo on the wall and said to him, "You have to introduce me to your sister, she's hot!" and he told his friend, I don't have a sister, that's me in drag

Even though it was a strange situation, I took heart in the thought that somebody really passed off as the hot sister!

Billijo49504
08-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Damn, I thought I wiggled my butt enought to get their attention....BJ

AmberTG
08-29-2007, 11:43 PM
I dunno, sometimes they're funny, but on those occasions that I catch them on the radio, I enjoy their guest comedians more then them. Actually, I like the "Bob and Tom" radio commercials the best. The funniest one I've heard was the comedian talking about what would happen if they gave Arnold Swartzenneger the part of Jesus in a movie and how he'd use his famous lines in the movie.

JulieC
08-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Years ago, Bob & Tom had a comedy song on featuring a sexy-voiced woman encouraging an (unheard) man to take off her blouse, skirt, peal off her pantyhose...

...and then the punchline

something like "If I ever catch you wearing my clothes again I will file for divorce"

People like to hate. It's easiest to hate minority groups. The smaller the minority, the easier it is to hate. More people aren't in that group, and are thus more likely to not be offended by the hate and even get along with the hate.

Trans people are a small minority population. Taken as a total, there's millions of us. But, as a percentage of the population, it's very small. Thus, comedians have an easy time getting a chuckle from people when making jokes of trans people.

Emily Ann Brown
08-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Yesterday John Boy and Billy did a "Mad Max" skit about transgendered bathrooms on the University of Vermont campus.....started to call them since they are only 2 hours away and offer to do a rebuttal.

Emily Ann

Billie Jean
08-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I am from Indy where the broadcast. Don't like 'em, don't listen to 'em.:thumbsdn:

:tongueoutThey got rid of them on the local staion and got an even worse set of idiots called Free Beer and Hot Wings. Billie Jean

dakota_ann69
08-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Sounds to me like they were a little jealous, maybe that neither one of them could get away with that while they are crossdressing themselves? I think that they should broaden their horizons and maybe try on a dress and see what everyone thinks of them!!

DarcyAnne
09-01-2007, 04:43 AM
I'm a long time Bob and Tom fan, they've hosted many funny comedians and have had some great bits.

maryjanecapri
09-01-2007, 06:27 AM

:tongueout
i was born and raised in New Castle. i now live in Louisville, KY.

i still listen to B&T on the rare occasion i drive to work in the morning. there are things that are hilarious. some - not so much. i do like chick mcgee and cathy lee.

Tina P Hose
09-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Bob and Tom are a couple of hacks. But it is great that they have the laugh track, then we now what is supposed to be funny.:D

Trinni
09-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I've never even heard of them.

Sedona
09-01-2007, 05:37 PM
B&T,

Some folks love them, but I can't stand them. Their inane forced laughter gets in the way of bits that might otherwise be funny. But, for the record, I'm a Stern fan, and I realize he has many more vocal detractors than B&T ever will. Bababooey!