PDA

View Full Version : stretch marks

JOEY88
08-24-2007, 05:49 PM
i have stretch marks on my hips and inner thigh is there any way to get rid of them

cpt2669
08-24-2007, 06:19 PM
After my wife had are first baby she would use vitamin E lotion.

Christina

Tamara Croft
08-24-2007, 06:21 PM
In a word, no. They are scars, and you cannot get rid of scars, no matter what you use etc...

Toyah
08-24-2007, 06:25 PM
A blow lamp or wet and dry would shift em but not too sure of the result hun :devil:

Tamara Croft
08-24-2007, 06:26 PM
A blow lamp or wet and dry would shift em but not too sure of the result hun :devil:TOYAH!!!! :slap:

cpt2669
08-24-2007, 06:31 PM
The lotion did help fade them. She also used it on the scares from her brest reduction and it helped fade them. They did not go completly gone but it did help.

Christina

BarbaraTalbot
08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
That this was a sincere appeal for some help with a body issue that a lot of GG's could relate to.

I was SO worried it was going to be someone asking "I have always thought women who have born children are so sexy...." (and I would have interject, well of course, right on sister especially with the mother of my 5 children sitting here beside me) and then, "How can I use make-up to add pregnancy stretch marks to make me feel like a complete woman" and I was going to have to duck the invectives that would then ensue.

Sorry to hear about your stretch marks as it applies to how it affects feeling pretty. I will say that bodies come in all shapes and sizes and being en femme isn't really affected by our little flaws that we notice more than probably anyone else would. At some point I need to get a shot of my right leg in a sexy shoe and some sheer hose, to demonstrate how incredibly sexy I am despite the wicked zipper on my shin.

The lotion did help fade them. She also used it on the scares from her brest reduction and it helped fade them. They did not go completly gone but it did help.Christina

My accident also resulted in some really prominent facial lacerations that my egotistical (because he was very very good) orthopedist proudly sewed up himself, saying if they bother you you could get a plastic guy to work them over for you later. The tip about vitamin E was discussed (and I did do it on my face only) it did work. The science behind it apparently has more to do with massaging blood flow to the affected area without abrading the skin. Any oil would help, olive or whatever, but E may nourish the skin topically, but because skin is designed as a barrier and so less permeable than other cell walls in the body, it doesnt get through as much as you would think. Having said that, I think that is more about preventing recent injuries from scaring rather than reversing scars, once the scar is set, as Tamara said, it is basically set, it can fade (as my leg ones have ) over time.

Dee swears by cocoa butter. Keeping the skin supple makes the scars less noticeable.

JamesAlan
08-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Some of the over the counter scare gels should help.

sterling12
08-25-2007, 02:22 AM
You can try! But, the usual emphasis has always been on prevention. I have certainly seen women in pregnancy try all sorts of things to try and PREVENT the Stretch Marks.

My Ex used udder balm, a rather old fashioned formula. She also tried cocoa butter. She was small and the baby was large and she did seem to have minimal scaring afterwords. maybe you might try those two items and see what happens. If nothing else, your skin will get a good moisturizing. And, the high dose vitamin E lotions seem to have some effect on wrinkles, who knows it might work.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Kate Simmons
08-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Well, my company does market stretch mark cream. I haven't used it myself as I see it as a sort of a "rite of passage" and am proud of mine. Yeah, I know I'm a little nutty but it goes with the territory for me. Like you are surprised?:happy: