PDA

View Full Version : Shopping trip today

Jodi
08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I had not really planned to shop today, but yesterday, I got a call from the manager of the BCBG/Max Azarria store at my favorite outlet mall. She wanted to tell me about several items that had gone on sale that she thought I would like. Told her that I thought I could make a trip Friday (today). She went on to say that the store has been very busy with back to school shoppers and that I might want to come in early. The store regularly opens at 10:00 AM. She said that she gets there at 9:00 AM, and that she would open the store early for me if I would like and would have a fitting room set up for me. Told her that I would get there by 9:15 AM.

I got there at about 9:15 AM. I was in drab. She unlocked the door and let me in. The first thing that she did was give me a cup of coffee that she and Julie, her SA, had bought for me.

I entered the setup fitting room with my coffee and began trying on. When Robin, the store manager, sets up a room, she does the complete outfit routine. She has the matching shoes, purse, belt, and jewelry for each outfit.

I spent about an hour and 20 minutes trying on outfits. Robin and Julie kept bringing me back more items to try. As I tried on each outfit, they would come into the fitting room and give me a yea or neh on each outfit. They also gave recommendations on accessorizing. I ended up getting a nice dressy black two piece skirt outfit, two pairs of shoes, two pairs of pants, a white blouse, and two pairs of leggings.

While I was shopping, I complimented Robin on her great animal print pumps. She said that she had gotten them on sale at Ninewest. She proceeded to call the Ninewest store to see if they had any left in my size. Alas, they did not.

Any time I go to that store, I am treated like royalty. It's no wonder that I go back and spend my money there. Not only are the clothes, shoes and accessories great, the service is spectacular. They know how to run a store.

I have shopped at this store for about 6 years. Initially, I worked hard to establish a rapport. Although the staff and managers have changed over the years, the great rapport and service have continued.

Jodi

Rosaliy Lynne
08-24-2007, 08:42 PM
now if I only had the budget ...

grin

Adrienne Heels
08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Jodi, it sounds like you had a great day of shopping. I have been in a regular BCBG/Max Azria store and they have lovely merchandise!

It's just too busy for me to shop right now due to all the back to school activity.......but wait till September!

angelfire
08-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Its great that you get such awesome service. I'd be bankrupt 10x over if I had that kind of service!

DianaGomez
08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
That woman deserves a nice letter written on her behalf to corporate headquarters! If all SAs and managers were like that, corporate america would be a whole lot richer!

Karren H
08-24-2007, 10:34 PM
How come you never PM me when there's a sale up there!!! lol I'm as close as you are... hehe

Karren

Zee
08-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Its great that you get such awesome service. I'd be bankrupt 10x over if I had that kind of service!

Yep. Even the best stores closest to me would never do this, even for GG's with $$$ to burn. That is probably because there is such a shortage of workers here as most everyone has gone to the oil sands to work for good money (BTW, EVERY company Edmonton Alberta southward is extremebly hard pressed to find employees). I would be up there right now, but my SO emphatically denied my request, citing the danger and long weeks away from home.