PDA

View Full Version : sharing my wardrobe not the same

dancer1
08-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Well the day has come ladies, in the past Nadeen has caught the envy of some cause i was holding a size six, well i never feared the loss of my wardrobe, once when purging but i got over that.
However my wife has always been big after the kids but in one year she lost 97lb from 22 to you guessed it size six, she's into my stuff and looks good to boot but it belongs to nadeen. Well im proud of her and her comitment for her own health , but years of things that helped me feel good i wont wear after i see her in them. Well just venting . Thanks Nadeen

Rosaliy Lynne
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM
was built up on a combination of things. Clothes belonging to my wife; some belonging to her oldest daughter who was the same size, and clothes that were going to GoodWill. I picked what I wanted before the stuff left the house.

Once I was on my own, however, I spent my own money. In the first year on my own I spent over $3,000 on the woman I was becoming. Hey I had to make up for lost time. That same year I spend just about maybe $300 on drab mode.

I went from several mix n match skirts n blouses, makeup, jewelry, etc. to a closet bursting with clothes, a large tackle box makeup kit and a small jewelry box to hold what I am not wearing at any given time.

I was lucky that my wife took the same size as me but having my own clothes is a real treat especially now that I can openly wear whatever I want whenever I want.

Jillm
08-25-2007, 03:31 AM
My SO is a bit bigger than me so she can only wear my blouses and a few dresses, but I understand what you mean. She raided my closet one time and wore some of my clothes and I had a hard time putting on them same clothes after I seen her in them.

Toyah
08-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Oh well once again I am at a loss what to say my wife and I do share some things I love it when she wears something of mine :thumbsup:

DonnaT
08-25-2007, 07:14 AM
I don't mind sharing at all. My wife does, however, and I understand why. She had to share with her younger sister when they were growing up.

Is there a particular reason you can't share?

SherriePall
08-25-2007, 07:45 AM
After years of wearing my wife's things without her knowing it, I would now be thrilled if she could wear some of my things. I look forward to the day when she loses those last couple of pounds and can slip into some of my outfits she envies.

Rosaliy Lynne
08-25-2007, 08:58 AM
After years of wearing my wife's things without her knowing it, I would now be thrilled if she could wear some of my things. I look forward to the day when she loses those last couple of pounds and can slip into some of my outfits she envies.
asked you, "Can I borrow that lovely (whatever it is) tonight?"

Sally24
08-25-2007, 10:15 AM
asked you, "Wouldn't it be trippy if she asked Can I borrow that lovely (whatever it is) tonight?"

My daughter does that quite often now and I consider it a compliment on my taste in clothing styles!

SherriePall
08-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Rosally Lynne -- She has borrowed belts and pantyhose. She's dying to be able to wear a skirt suit I have and a white jacket dress. She recently let my daughter wear one of "her" slips which was really mine (a really short one which I'm surprised my daughter didn't ask why her mom had it).
If they borrow, I can't say anything after all the years I borrowed.

kay2
08-25-2007, 06:02 PM
We are all different. I was in a relationship where we enjoyed borrowing each other's skirts (other items would not fit both of us). It was fun to wear the other's clothes, and it gave us more options (though, actually, my selection of skirts was better than hers:heehee:).