PDA

View Full Version : Do you Judge each other?

wannabie
08-24-2007, 07:09 PM
I have a question for the GG's in the forum. when you go out on the town (GNO) do you look at other women to compare what their wearing to what your wearing?

I think that women are the most criticized gender. criticized by both men and women on what their wearing and how they act.
my reasons are, I hear women talk about other women it can get really harsh. I even remember my mother and a few of her friends start off a conversation by saying "Did you see what she was wearing?"

so, do you judge or rather critique other women when you go out?

Dee Talbot
08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Wow.....this question really resonates with me for a lot of reasons.

I prefererred the company of boys when I was young (still do to some degree), because of the competitiveness I sensed in gg to gg relationships. As an adult, I know that that is a generalization, and there are many women who don't buy into the whole competition.

But, as soon as Barb came out to me, I felt my old competative nature rear it's ugly head. Would she look prettier than me? She is thinner than me (for now). What if our relationship took a bad turn because of this. We have avoided this by turning the competition into a loving game (Betch!! you lost more weight than me LOL!!!)

But I do struggle not to look at other women judgementally. Why do we do this? I can look at a man and never once bat an eye if he is wearing something unflattering. But see a woman in an unflattering dress, and my mind automatically goes there...."does she think that looks good??? UGH!!"

It's something I am actively working on. I am hoping and tryingto be a better person, and to see the person inside instead of the package and the wrapping.

Dee

Sheila
08-25-2007, 03:26 AM
no I don't and never have looked to compare what other women are wearing ....... dosen't mean I don't notice or comment on something that stands out in particular ....... but there again it could be a female or male wearing something, but usually we are out for a laugh and a good time not to fashion watch .. just my :2c:

Sandra
08-25-2007, 03:30 AM
I don't compare what others are wearing and if something stands out then yes I will most likely comment but I don't go around looking all the time. :)

ApolloPlease14
08-25-2007, 03:35 AM
I am overweight, so I am constantly looking to see how I "compare" to other girls, especially those around my age. It's more of a self-consciouse thing than a competitive streak. More often than not, I don't critise, I just wish I was her!

Jillm
08-25-2007, 04:35 AM
I’m not a GG, so I don’t mean to respond to something I wasn’t asked to, but I can tell you my SO critiques other GG’s all the time. It’s usually something like I would love to have that outfit, that outfit make her look fat, I can’t believe you can see her underwear, things like that. She doesn’t do it out loud, she just whispers it to me, but I find myself saying the same things about GG’s.

wannabie
08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I’m not a GG, so I don’t mean to respond to something I wasn’t asked to, but I can tell you my SO critiques other GG’s all the time.

I find myself saying the same things about GG’s.

Hi Jillm. I don't mind if others than GG's respond to my question. it tells me that others have noticed the same behavior in other GG's too, and I can't help but wonder if other CD's/TS's emulate it.

I think that Barb's GG gave the most honest answer. reasons being because of the post about relationships that keep popping up from time to time. there are very few that are accepting about a CD's lifestyle.